Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: The "I'm too old to be on here" thread.

We do sometimes think we get old for things but somethings are for every age

3DS XL FC for Pokemon Y 2595-0724-5772 IGN SmeargleRocks
    Shiny Number 1268

I can offer gen6 cloning services, I will only clone what I don't have as glitch cloning can take awhile and be stressful

Self caught shinies on Y 24
    first successfull (and accidental) MM Shelmet timid 31/1/19/31/31/31 4:25 pm EST 4/14/14
    Shiny XD Gale of Darkness Zubat caught September 17th 2012 @ 4:24 pm EST cave PokeSpot

FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!
    ALL Gen6 6IV Event pokemon are hacked

I'm 26. I feel like I'm too old to like everything I enjoy. I love video games, I still have my yugioh cards, I play Pokemon still, I still wear shirts with cartoon/anime characters on it. Everyone my age doesn't do that anymore. The few people I hang out with who used to do all the things I do, don't do them anymore. It's like they grew out of it. But I haven't.
    Another challenge at my age is women. When they ask what do u do for fun its like oh hey I still play Pokemon and then I never hear from them again.
    Pokemon Diamond FC

Hikari
    0132 9441 5231

** looking for a trading partner

Let's see. I joined here in Jan of this year, but knew about this place for years. Could of signed up during my mid high school days. Got into Pokemon when I was 8 or 9. Still play the games, will not watch Black And White. However I am 23 years old right now. I do feel like I am a old man here.

All credits for BT's Army Against Arrogance Banner goes to Brutaka.
    All Credits to Black Terminator's Region Express banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

Quote Originally Posted by onichan View Post
    I'm 26. I feel like I'm too old to like everything I enjoy. I love video games, I still have my yugioh cards, I play Pokemon still, I still wear shirts with cartoon/anime characters on it. Everyone my age doesn't do that anymore. The few people I hang out with who used to do all the things I do, don't do them anymore. It's like they grew out of it. But I haven't.
    Another challenge at my age is women. When they ask what do u do for fun its like oh hey I still play Pokemon and then I never hear from them again.
    Haha I'm the same excpt for the women part, College is more fun when you have no gf well at least in my opinion, also try to use charm on them they go crazy for guys who know what to say at the right time, :P
    Trinity League Badges

3DS FC: 1075-1699-3820
    Ign: GC7

You're not meeting the right women. If a guy told me he plays Pokemon I'd be all like, "HELL YES".
    Alpha SapphireL

Quote Originally Posted by SapphireL View Post
    You're not meeting the right women. If a guy told me he plays Pokemon I'd be all like, "HELL YES".
    Same here...
    I will be like... trade! XD and battle and what not :3 so look for the awesome ones XP
    3DS: 1779-0094-0137

Credit to Sworn Metalhead

I'm 18, still don't think I'm to old to like pokemon :P

3DS XL FC for Pokemon Y 2595-0724-5772 IGN SmeargleRocks
    Shiny Number 1268

I can offer gen6 cloning services, I will only clone what I don't have as glitch cloning can take awhile and be stressful

Self caught shinies on Y 24
    first successfull (and accidental) MM Shelmet timid 31/1/19/31/31/31 4:25 pm EST 4/14/14
    Shiny XD Gale of Darkness Zubat caught September 17th 2012 @ 4:24 pm EST cave PokeSpot

FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!
    ALL Gen6 6IV Event pokemon are hacked

This is just my personal opinion: I don't think pokemon is exclusively for the younger audience like most people would say. I read somewhere(correct me if I'm wrong pls) that Ash wasn't always intended to stay a child, that the creator wanted him to eventually grow a bit older and eventually be something parallel to the manga's Red. But instead of letting him grow they decided to keep him young to milk money from the younger audiences. If that's true then it tells me pokemon wasn't always meant to be just for kids, but more of a moderately advancing show over time. Even though it's tailored for kids these days, I can at least take comfort in the fact that it wasn't always intended to be strictly that way. Thats my 2 cents lol

Quote Originally Posted by SolidWolverine View Post
    This is just my personal opinion: I don't think pokemon is exclusively for the younger audience like most people would say. I read somewhere(correct me if I'm wrong pls) that Ash wasn't always intended to stay a child, that the creator wanted him to eventually grow a bit older and eventually be something parallel to the manga's Red. But instead of letting him grow they decided to keep him young to milk money from the younger audiences. If that's true then it tells me pokemon wasn't always meant to be just for kids, but more of a moderately advancing show over time. Even though it's tailored for kids these days, I can at least take comfort in the fact that it wasn't always intended to be strictly that way. Thats my 2 cents lol
    I like how the first two generations didnt hold your hand and it wasnt aimed so hard at kids. I cant help but feel disgusted with myself when I'm playing through Black and White. Im not sure if disgusted is the right word but its not a good feeling. B/W is the only pokemon game where I wasnt interested in actually playing the game I just wanted to get through all the ******** and get to the end so I could actually enjoy the game. The Postgame was so much better than the actually story. Sorry if this doesnt make sense its 3 am.
    '
    Last edited by OldManJenkins; 5th October 2012 at 9:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OldManJenkins View Post
    I like how the first two generations didnt hold your hand and it wasnt aimed so hard at kids. I cant help but feel disgusted with myself when I'm playing through Black and White. Im not sure if disgusted is the right word but its not a good feeling. B/W is the only pokemon game where I wasnt interested in actually playing the game I just wanted to get through all the ******** and get to the end so I could actually enjoy the game. The Postgame was so much better than the actually story. Sorry if this doesnt make sense its 3 am.
    '
    I understand where your coming from. And I definitely agree with you about the first two generations. When you look from generation 1 to 5 you can definitely start to see the changes; all the changes aren't extremely bad imo but I can definitely see why a lot of people are critical. It was pretty obvious to me when the company started shifting more to the younger audience. I guess we can't really blame them though, that's where the money is lol

Quote Originally Posted by SolidWolverine View Post
    I understand where your coming from. And I definitely agree with you about the first two generations. When you look from generation 1 to 5 you can definitely start to see the changes; all the changes aren't extremely bad imo but I can definitely see why a lot of people are critical. It was pretty obvious to me when the company started shifting more to the younger audience. I guess we can't really blame them though, that's where the money is lol
    Yeah, as far as gameplay goes black and white is great but I just cant stand how pandering it is. (I know thats not grammatically correct but its 4 am and I cant think straight. God not being able to sleep sucks.)

I just turned 23 and I admit sometimes I have those moments of "should I still be doing this?", but eventually it wears off and I'm back enjoying the game I love the most.

The site may be geared towards the pre-teen and teen-year olds, but that doesn't mean it isn't for us 20, 30...etc somethings. We are all kids at heart and there is nothing wrong with indulging that part of us every now and then.
    Last edited by Dreamy; 5th October 2012 at 2:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote_Dynamo View Post
    I just turned 23 and I admit sometimes I have those moments of "should I still be doing this?", but eventually it wears off and I'm back enjoying the game I love the most.
    Dude there are people in their 30's on these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandi. View Post
    Yes that is totally the reason. T_____T
    lmao
    I think the challenge might be something other than your interests if this is the case.

I have been on this forum for over 7 years and nowadays I don't really post because I always seem to get banned when I do. I think it's very unfair given my ~*storied career*~ or whatever the fuck you want to call it. I think people are just jealous they are not as good looking and sexy and cool as I am irl. But it's okay because nowadays the only real link I have to this forum is the #SPP-Misc IRC channel which is full of people in my age range (twenty somethings) and I made it so I could chat shit with people similar to myself and also insult Korusan.

Besides when Malanu is a member here it's safe to assume you're not too old for this place.

Because he's like 50 or something.

you didn't make it to insult me

i wasn't even there in the beginning

goddammit you spacker get it right
    I wrote the RBY and GSC pages on serebii.net

https://twitter.com/cifalacus

I will be 22 years old in a week... and no, I don't think I am too old to be on here.

If I ever get to that point in my life it will be a very sad day. Like I said I turned 23 last month and I don't see my love for Pokemon going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote_Dynamo View Post
    I don't see my love for Pokemon going anywhere.
    Me neither. I am obsessed with this cursed franchise since I was 9.
    How is that even possible.

I can't see my love for anime dying anytime soon too.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post
    Me neither. I am obsessed with this cursed franchise since I was 9.
    How is that even possible.

I can't see my love for anime dying anytime soon too.
    agreed but i started when i was 6 XD
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

I am only 18, but I do feel very old. lol

Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    agreed but i started when i was 6 XD
    But how old are you now?

I felt super old the other day when one of my students asked me if wi-fi existed when I was a teenager. It did, but still.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cenobitic View Post
    I thought you were straight, Kreis.

Quote Originally Posted by intergalactic platypus View Post
    I felt super old the other day when one of my students asked me if wi-fi existed when I was a teenager. It did, but still.
    no way... we've gotten to that point already in our schools?

Quote Originally Posted by intergalactic platypus View Post
    Soon students will be asking if the iphone existed when we were younger. I'm not that old, but gosh, I can see things changing fast already lol

I get a lot of people saying that I'm too old to like Pokémon, but I'm only 21. I've been a fan since it came out, so I doubt I'll ever grow out of it. Heck, one of my favorite things to do nowadays is draw Pokémon and trade with my friends. It's just one of those hobbies that will stick with me no matter what.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast