Page 42 of 91 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 2254

Thread: BWS2-17 Iris VS Drayden [FIRST POST UPDATED 10/19]

The battle is far away! But I'm really looking forward to it! Some pretty great Powerhouses will fight and it seems pretty intense.
    My Final B2-normal mode- team:

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    On Druddigon vs Dragonite I'm not sure. I can see it going all three ways.

Dragonite wins
    Druddigon wins
    Draw

For Excadrill vs haxorus, yeah I can see Haxorus winning no doubt.
    I see a tie as a possibility. It shows Iris and the Drill have progressed but that they also have a way to go

I think it will be more like they fought, excadrill managed to give great damage to Haxorus but in the final clash, Excadrill will faint before Hax and than Hax faints as well. or they both faint at the same time.

Has anybody talked about Iris climbing a tower in the middle of Opelucid City? Like seriously? xD
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Has anybody talked about Iris climbing a tower in the middle of Opelucid City? Like seriously? xD
    I'm wondering if they just randomly moved Dragonspiral tower. Or if its just some completely random thing.

Wonder what's up there that's so important

Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    I'm wondering if they just randomly moved Dragonspiral tower. Or if its just some completely random thing.

Zekrom and/or Reshiram?
    Yeah..... I changed my signature....

Quote Originally Posted by Groundedshock View Post
    Zekrom and/or Reshiram?
    Maybe. It would be an appropriate place to add something to that storyline

Maybe. It would be an appropriate place to add something to that storyline
    True but then there is the fear that this or the battle will be rushed........
    Yeah..... I changed my signature....

True but then there is the fear that this or the battle will be rushed........
    Not really. They don't need to put much backstory in. It's just personally I'd like a reason to watch this besides Excadrill vs Haxorus. A bit of backstory or exploration of opelucid would be nice, since this is probably its only appearance

Iwane did confirm that Dragonspiral Tower was going to appear in the anime at some point via his blog.

Quote Originally Posted by gotpika View Post
    Iwane did confirm that Dragonspiral Tower was going to appear in the anime at some point via his blog.
    that's right, I had forgotten about that. would make more sense then a random tower

that's right, I had forgotten about that. would make more sense then a random tower
    I doubt it's D-Spiral Tower though, given the summary seems to refer to it as "Souryuu's Steel Tower".

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    You're a very confused person. They aren't gonna drop a main character before the entire generation is over. These episodes conclude nothing but her Drayden story. Once this is over, Iris will continue to focus on her dragon master goal by likely catching another dragon and focusing on it, and on top of that her rivalry with Georgia which is still going on. She has plenty left to do.

Considering BW has only been going on for a little over 2 years, it's obvious no one is being dropped during the filler saga. Misty, May, and Dawn were all on the show for a minimal of 4 years, so they aren't gonna drop Iris at the 2 year mark. That's not how this show works.
    I agree but then again Fer92 usually never makes sense XD

Zekrom and/or Reshiram?
    But why would Iris and Drayden afterwards battle eachother if something that amazing is ongoing?? xD

Quote Originally Posted by gotpika View Post
    Kinda ruins the thought doesn't it? xD Whoops, quoted the wrong post, I meant to quote the 'souryuu's steel tower'-quote... 0.o
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

You can't get expect Excadrill to beat both Druddigon and Haxorus. With all the development Dragonite has been getting lately, he's likely to beat Druddigon just so he and Iris can have a proper win together that doesn't involve disobedience.
    I never said Excadrill to beat both Pokemon. I only said that I wouldn't mind Excadrill getting a win over Dragonite.

If four of this happen in the Iris episodes and Axew is apparently setting to evolve, Iris has a numbers to leave. Not in this episode but after the League, at least. Of course, if they didn't happen, Iris is going to the filler saga with Ash and Cilan.
    I wish people would be careful about speaking of filler sagas. We don't have confirmation of that yet.

*Because of the crazy-popularity of Pochama (more than Piplup, y'know) Dawn has some numbers to return to the show in that case.
    **I put this because the RS-Remakes are happening. But isn't necessary to promote May in the main cast ( a cameo is enough).
    ***If Ash goes to Kanto, I see Misty reappearing, but I think that Brock will make a cameo.
    Where is all this coming from? The BW2 games have Kanto Pokemon and gymleaders as well as other gymleaders as well. Just because of that doesn't mean Ash's old Pokemon and Misty needs to show up again. Besides, Ash went to Kanto already back in BF. All of the Kanto Pokemon has been shown a bunch of times. There is no need for it again.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    I wish people would be careful about speaking of filler sagas. We don't have confirmation of that yet.

Where is all this coming from? The BW2 games have Kanto Pokemon and gymleaders as well as other gymleaders as well. Just because of that doesn't mean Ash's old Pokemon and Misty needs to show up again. Besides, Ash went to Kanto already back in BF. All of the Kanto Pokemon has been shown a bunch of times. There is no need for it again.
    Well to be honest he said he only thought of it as a 0.01% chance, only if Iris doesn't tag along...

True, we don't have confirmation, but we have confirmation about the league happening relatively soon. How are you gonna justify the amount of time required to bridge the gap between the end of the league and a new series?

Basically, the opinion is that the Iris charracters could be given a closure in this episodes and I find a hard time believing that Iris stay being a main character during 1 year after the episode of average if gets closure here.

Basically I don't think that Iris if Dragonite (a Pokemon way more powerful than any of the actual main cast including Krookodile) is going to be developed if fully obeys, if Iris wins against Drayden with Dragonite fully obeying, if Georgia appears in this episodes. Basically, if Iris get closure there. Not only that, but Iris could be the first characters to give a real closure. Beause Misty, May, Dawn and Brock are giving closures but not very solid (Dawn/May are still coordinator, Brock isn't a doctor and Misty in the Gym (or who knows).

Because I don't think that the Iris' storyline is easily revampable like the Ash storyline (technically has 6 partial closures until now), May/Dawn storyline (happen one time with May) and Brock/Cilan/Misty storyline (they need a departure episode and go-go).

The basis of the opinion is supported by the apparente closure that Iris could (not will) get, the big merchandise where Ash, Cilan and TR (but not Iris and any of her pokemon) appears, and realitily minor, the heavily non-stop Piplup merchandise (if is for release September, October and early November is for the cameo, but if is for December (and already exists) and beyond and isn't with all the starters, I don't say what I think...

Of course, if Iris loses against rayden, Dragonite goes on rampage, etc. Iris storyline is open and she will be confirmed to be after the league. And we can ignore (while Contest aren't in the radar, at least) that the group will be Ash, Iris and Cilan at least until the next generation that i didn't except until after the Gensect movie. And I see Novamber and the earliest could be September of next year.

And also, I foundnd this... Really posted by Sushi.

Quote Originally Posted by G50 View Post
    Time to show the strength she has built up during her journey!
    Last edited by Eievui-Nymphia; 9th October 2012 at 9:24 PM.
    I think that Pokemon is beautiful and has its charm

Serebii, Bulbagarden

Note: I decided to not post post that had cause hate to me anymore. If you see one, please PM me and I will delete the moment I'm aware and I'm online.

I need to take a break in the anime forum because these forum bored me.

Quote Originally Posted by fer92 View Post
    Basically I don't think that Iris if Dragonite (a Pokemon way more powerful than any of the actual main cast including Krookodile)
    Which is why Krookodile beat Dragonite :/

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    Which is why Krookodile beat Dragonite :/
    Not. Iris' Dragonite is way more powerful than Krookodile. Krookodile win against Dragonite because Dragonite went on rampage and went out of control. But isn't because it's stronger than Dragonite. Basically is a plot that if you don't control a pokemon, you can lose a battle including with a high level pokemon (like Dragonite). And using Krookodile to evolve Krokorok and because Krookodile learns Dragon moves after evolution.
    I think that Pokemon is beautiful and has its charm

Serebii, Bulbagarden

Note: I decided to not post post that had cause hate to me anymore. If you see one, please PM me and I will delete the moment I'm aware and I'm online.

I need to take a break in the anime forum because these forum bored me.

Not. Iris' Dragonite is way more powerful than Krookodile. Krookodile win against Dragonite because Dragonite went on rampage and went out of control. But isn't because it's stronger than Dragonite. Basically is a plot that if you don't control a pokemon, you can lose a battle including with a high level pokemon (like Dragonite). And using Krookodile to evolve Krokorok and because Krookodile learns Dragon moves after evolution.
    What are you talking about NOW? Obviously us as viewers have to judge the Pokemon by their battles because we have no other fair way of judging them. I don't care if Dragonite was rampging or not because Krookodile still beat Dragonite. That says enough about Krookodile.

Basically, the opinion is that the Iris charracters could be given a closure in this episodes and I find a hard time believing that Iris stay being a main character during 1 year after the episode of average if gets closure here.

Basically I don't think that Iris if Dragonite (a Pokemon way more powerful than any of the actual main cast including Krookodile) is going to be developed if fully obeys, if Iris wins against Drayden with Dragonite fully obeying, if Georgia appears in this episodes. Basically, if Iris get closure there. Not only that, but Iris could be the first characters to give a real closure. Beause Misty, May, Dawn and Brock are giving closures but not very solid (Dawn/May are still coordinator, Brock isn't a doctor and Misty in the Gym (or who knows).

Because I don't think that the Iris' storyline is easily revampable like the Ash storyline (technically has 6 partial closures until now), May/Dawn storyline (happen one time with May) and Brock/Cilan/Misty storyline (they need a departure episode and go-go).

The basis of the opinion is supported by the apparente closure that Iris could (not will) get, the big merchandise where Ash, Cilan and TR (but not Iris and any of her pokemon) appears, and realitily minor, the heavily non-stop Piplup merchandise (if is for release September, October and early November is for the cameo, but if is for December (and already exists) and beyond and isn't with all the starters, I don't say what I think...

Of course, if Iris loses against rayden, Dragonite goes on rampage, etc. Iris storyline is open and she will be confirmed to be after the league. And we can ignore (while Contest aren't in the radar, at least) that the group will be Ash, Iris and Cilan at least until the next generation that i didn't except until after the Gensect movie. And I see Novamber and the earliest could be September of next year.

And also, I foundnd this... Really posted by Sushi.
    Uh no. Your ideas are based on nothing but assumption and weak supporting details. You've examined irrelevent things and have come a conclusion that has no head and no tail. Please stop!

This Drayden arc does not define everything that is Iris. Beating Drayden does not make her a dragon master because she still has things to learn. Winning simply gives her closure from her childhood loss to him. After this, she will continue to focus on her dragon master goal by likely catching another dragon and continue her rivalry with Georgia.

I'm gonna repeat this so you understand: Beating Drayden is NOT her goal, so stop acting like she has nothing left to do because she has plenty. Dragonite is not the last dragon she's gonna get.

Uh no. Your ideas are based on nothing but assumption and weak supporting details. You've examined irrelevent things and have come a conclusion that has no head and no tail. Please stop!

This Drayden arc does not define everything that is Iris. Beating Drayden does not make her a dragon master because she still has things to learn. Winning simply gives her closure from her childhood loss to him. After this, she will continue to focus on her dragon master goal by likely catching another dragon and continue her rivalry with Georgia.

I'm gonna repeat this so you understand: Beating Drayden is NOT her goal, so stop acting like she has nothing left to do because she has plenty. Dragonite is not the last dragon she's gonna get.
    ^^ haters is right this is just a "stepping stone" she still has more to learn to become a dragon master

LOL Krookodile pwned Dragonite so I don't see what your talking about.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

U probably mean Dragonite could be stronger if he wouldn't put on such a sh*t. Dragonite has shown that is really powerful but if U can't control Ur power and can't focus in times U're losing that STRENGTH isn't worth anyhing! It's like sports !

Dragon claw was a deserved gift for working hard and kicking as*!

Basically, if Iris get closure there. Not only that, but Iris could be the first characters to give a real closure. Beause Misty, May, Dawn and Brock are giving closures but not very solid (Dawn/May are still coordinator, Brock isn't a doctor and Misty in the Gym (or who knows).
    If we by "real closure" count achievement of someone goal, than Tracey is first character who was given that when becoming prof Oak assistant.

Speaking of other characters while May, Dawn and Brock to extent got partial closures being showed progress toward their dreams made, they still have open things in their stories for further build up.
    While Misty and Maxy got no real conclusion at all.
    Max because of no aging rule is doomed to forever rot at gym never getting first pokemon and start his own journey.

While Misty just randomly went back to gym out of obligation and necessity leaving her goal of becoming water master unfinished, not providing future plans and what she intends to do in life.

You don't need to revamp someone story to warrant his further stay in cast. There is something called sequel to previously established storyline.
    And im astonished by lack of imagination in here when it comes to characters, acting like "defeat of Drayden is ultimately end for Iris".
    In narrative things don't work like that at all, with there not existing barriers and limitation in how much character can develop.

If character is wrapped up, writers can reopen story and do continuation taking him forward from where they stopped. If initial issues are resolved they can decide to introduce something they forgot to include first time around and develop new subplots around him which goes in correlation with his own motives and dreams.

Even if Iris defeats Drayden, that wont make her "dragon master" with there actually existing trials and tests its expected from someone to pass to ear such prestigious title.
    Nor it would mean Iris suddenly has same amount of knowledge and skill about dragon types, like Drayden does.
    That's same like saying "how winning one regional league would make Ash pokemon master" which is anything but true.

How many times did we saw Ash defeating stronger, more experienced trainers than he was, but does that make him equally skilled like they were? Not at all, with various parameters being involved in such battles such as luck, element of surprise, distraction etc.

Same applies to Iris, even if she beats Drayden that doesn't mean she is equally skilled trainer like he is nor it makes her dragon master material.
    Lets draw parallel with real life here:
    There are countless examples where top Tennis, Chess and all kind of other sport players win championship just to later on drop very early in tournament whether its because they aren't in top shape, because someone lower ranked managed to outsmart them with their tactic, because other strong player manage to surpass them etc.

People also forget how Iris game counterpart role in BW2 games becoming Champion, offers another direction through which character could be taken, trying to become champion in anime as well eventually. I wouldn't be surprised if she ends up as Alder or Cynthia apprentice, if writers take character through this route.

So whether Iris defeats Drayden or not, this doesn't mark end for character in anyway, being laughable in least hand to expect that writers replace someone in middle of generation.
    Believe it or not, Iris story can be continued regardless of outcome in that battle.

Page 42 of 91 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast