Page 12 of 91 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

Thread: BWS2-17 Iris VS Drayden [FIRST POST UPDATED 10/19]

Wow at anyone who thinks there is too much Iris going on. I'm sorry, but has there really been a serious focus on Iris or Cilan? Not really at all.. I really can't see why anyone would say there is too much of her. I understand that people would maybe like more development for Cilan, but that shouldn't take away from Iris just because.

Sigh.

Anyway, I am more excited for this episode than the majority of the ones announced.

Name: Arugula
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    All I'm saying is Ash can train just fine without Iris episodes and should be getting some episodes involving that but hey.

edit;

I shouldn't blame the others, as some ones been saying, Dento's hardly been getting any screen time so why should I blame him? The others aren't in every episode. Iris has been getting so much screen time and been off of Ash's training which the league again is coming closer but I'm mostly saying up coming episodes Ash should be getting episodes on that not Iris arc, they should have saved that for later.
    Again that's not on Iris, her village was on the way to the league so yeah. Ash doesn't train as much on screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Ant View Post
    Not really.

Dent is equidistant from S-class, as the wild child is from being a Dragoon-masta.
    Not really Iris is a novice compared to Cilan.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

If Iris didn't keep getting arc after arc after arc we could see Ash getting some training in :P
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

If Iris didn't keep getting arc after arc after arc we could see Ash getting some training in :P
    This would be her first real arc besides th Dragonite subplot. Not Iris's fault Ash doesn't train.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

I just realised she's getting more focus then any other character in the series so far and funny thing is the league will be starting soon and I'll be like "were have those rivals been?"

Ash: Now I choose you!
    Electro Ball!

-Pikachu: PikaPika-Chu-Pi!-

Quote Originally Posted by gohan5 View Post
    This would be her first real arc besides th Dragonite subplot. Not Iris's fault Ash doesn't train.
    You may not consider that tournament an arc for Iris, it was very Iris though than of course every Don tournament she had a major role.
    Ash hardly gets any time to train due to all those Iris plots, he may get subplots every now and than to train but.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ha true, if anything Iris is the most important character in BW2 so far. Ash's role up to here has pretty much just been to evolve krookodile.

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    Ash will get as far as the writers want him too.
    And I care...why?

Plus, he already trained during the Junior Cup and had some battles with Dawn.
    You act as if that's enough.

Oh yes let's just randomly show Oshawott for the hell of it. A few episodes later. OMG OSHAWOTT beat Trip's Serperior. Holy crap that one episode where Oshawott showed up for 3 seconds totally justifies it's win here.

Look Leavanny, Boldore, Pignite, Pikachu, and Krookodile are fine. But Scraggy for instance is nowhere near league ready, and yet it's magically going to get a win, or it'll be horribly screwed over.

HOLY CRAP the league is going to be fun......
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

You may not consider that tournament an arc for Iris, it was very Iris though than of course every Don tournament she had a major role.
    Ash hardly gets any time to train due to all those Iris plots, he may get subplots every now and than to train but.
    Not in the Clubslplosion, she only was there to make Masaomi more of a threat.
    All what Iris plots? Ash has time to train should they wish that but they obviously didn't go the DP route again. Accept that, it's not Iris's fault.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

Ask yourself this, do you Really want a training episode? Answer truthful.

Not in the Clubslplosion, she only was there to make Masaomi more of a threat.
    All what Iris plots? Ash has time to train should they wish that but they obviously didn't go the DP route again. Accept that, it's not Iris's fault.
    It is Iris and the writers fault k? Iris has been getting too much screen time and plots lately that it takes away from other characters who are in need of some serious training before the league, other times I wouldn't mind it but again we are near the league and he needs as much as he can. Its not a walk in the park people!

Yes, I do want an all training episode thank youXD They've given us them with actual battles without it being on another character, whats wrong with that I tells yah?

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    Ask yourself this, do you Really want a training episode? Answer truthful.
    Yes.

I want an episode where Ash is heavily training with Pokemon we don't see.

And give Palpitoad, Oshawott, and Snivy decent wins.

I'm not asking for evolutions or new moves, I just want powerful opponents to lose to Palpitoad, Oshawott, and Snivy which results in an increase of strength.

I would mention Scraggy, but as long as it masters focus blast before the league, I'm fine with what they do with it (win-wise).
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

You were saying Ash training without Iris is just me wishing for that to happen, I'm just saying Ash does actually train pretty hard when shes not around, D/P series for example and he did some during AG contests too. I hope we at least get some subplot with Ash training, than maybe I'd be fine with all this.
    Wait, are you blaming Ash not training in this series on the existence of Iris?

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

It is Iris and the writers fault k? Iris has been getting too much screen time and plots lately that it takes away from other characters who are in need of some serious training before the league, other times I wouldn't mind it but again we are near the league and he needs as much as he can. Its not a walk in the park people!

Yes, I do want an all training episode thank youXD They've given us them with actual battles without it being on another character, whats wrong with that I tells yah?
    It's not Iris's fault, blame the writers for not taking a DP approach. How can you honestly blame her? Nobody told them to give Ash so many rivals so that they would all have to be rushed to be introduced when Ash could be training. Is that Iris's fault too?

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

So you want what DBZ and many amines did but remember stuff happened there too, filler, plot or not. It would be like watching someone grind train for a whole 22 mintue video, WITHOUT commentary.

And don't point any fingers when we knew this was coming. Don't blame Iris, or the writers, or the DP route.
    Last edited by Hero of Ideals; 20th September 2012 at 12:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    Wait, are you blaming Ash not training in this series on the existence of Iris?
    ??? Yes, we've been having a lot of plots around Iris as of late leaving no time to train other than little subplots kXD

Yes, again Iris doesn't need this many arcs/plots/screen time and before the league of all times? He needs even a few episodes around him training, even a few. The writers and Iris are to blame, its all tied together.

Yes, Hero I'd be fine with that.
    Last edited by BlueDragonfangirl; 20th September 2012 at 12:06 AM.

I think its due to the fact that Ash got a massive reset after DP, regressing him to his johtoesque self where he didn't take training seriously and coasts through most of his gyms with unevolved pokes.

It's not Iris's fault. XD; You really can't blame a character because they can't write the show. They are just lines. But you can blame the writer in charge of Iris/Ash's plot.
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

??? Yes, we've been having a lot of plots around Iris as of late leaving no time to train other than little subplots kXD
    Not her fault, half this stuff has nothing to do with her like the TR stuff, the Snivy stuff, the tag battle stuff, the multiple rivals that have to be introduced and built up as powerful before the league. None of that is on Iris.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

Then why don't we write all characters not named Ash off the show, so we can focus exclusively on him grinding his Pokemon week after week?

The obsessive hatred of Iris is nearing delusion levels here. Ash isn't training his Pokemon in BW because the writing in this series is horrible, not because that oh-so-horrible character you hate so much simply exists. Not to mention she isn't the only one "stealing" his time, because there's a third person in the main cast.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    I think its due to the fact that Ash got a massive reset after DP, regressing him to his johtoesque self where he didn't take training seriously and coasts through most of his gyms with unevolved pokes.
    Ash has not been 'reset' that still makes not sense. And how is the writing horrible when they focus on Iris and Cilan?

Not her fault, half this stuff has nothing to do with her like the TR stuff, the Snivy stuff, the tag battle stuff, the multiple rivals that have to be introduced and built up as powerful before the league. None of that is on Iris.
    Only like one or two episode arc of Team Rocket, the rest of it is Iris this and Iris that.
    The rivals aren't even getting attention they need so we can be like "Wow, this guy is powerful to be able to beat Ash!" The next episodes are all about her.
    In the previous series you got a few episodes about Ash and his rivals and dealing with the league but yah know.

I said, writers and Iris are both to blame HA.

edit;

I don't mind giving attention to Dento or Iris, heck I'd welcome some episodes on Dento since he hasn't had any for a while.
    Again I wouldn't mind this if it wasn't before the league.
    Last edited by BlueDragonfangirl; 20th September 2012 at 12:12 AM.

I love Iris but she really should lose her.. I kind of hope Dragonite loses to Druddigon and Excadrill puts up a fight against Haxorus but still loses. Also on another note I really hope we see Axew used here we probably won't though

Only like one or two episode arc of Team Rocket, the rest of it is Iris this and Iris that.
    The rivals aren't even getting attention they need so we can be like "Wow, this guy is powerful to be able to beat Ash!" The next episodes are all about her.
    In the previous series you got a few episodes about Ash and his rivals and dealing with the league but yah know.

I said, writers and Iris are both to blame HA.
    Well I only see two Iris episodes of the ones we know the rest has nothing to do with her, that could have been your Ash training episodes. Don't see that point.
    Are you saying the rivals have less attention because of her now? Yeah that's clearly why.

Then why are you only pinpointing Iris? She did nothing to Ash.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

Well I only see two Iris episodes of the ones we know the rest has nothing to do with her, that could have been your Ash training episodes. Don't see that point.
    Are you saying the rivals have less attention because of her now? Yeah that's clearly why.

Then why are you only pinpointing Iris? She did nothing to Ash.
    You are looking at the future, I'm pointing out both past and later on down the road.
    Like I said, for the most part Best Wishes 2 has been pretty much about her and than a lot of the Don tournaments in the past.
    Now yes, we've got two up coming episodes about Iris than we hit the league, they should have saved that for after the league and be about Ash and his rivals.
    I wouldn't mind Iris if they did things a little different, spread it out as some one said and again make this episode later after the league.

Page 12 of 91 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast