Page 50 of 91 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 2254

Thread: BWS2-17 Iris VS Drayden [FIRST POST UPDATED 10/19]

Georgia didn't hold anything against Iris. At the end of the tournament, Georgia told Iris that she was looking forward to the day that Dragonite starts listening and to continue working towards becoming a Dragon Master.

Iris and Dragonite seemed to have finally understood each other in the Team Rocket Arc, so I have a strong feeling that Dragonite will obey her in this battle against Drayden.

When people say "Iris glorification," it's a joking translation to "Iris focus" because obviously she wasn't glorified in the Junior Cup since she struggled throughout the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    Georgia didn't hold anything against Iris. At the end of the tournament, Georgia told Iris that she was looking forward to the day that Dragonite starts listening and to continue working towards becoming a Dragon Master.

Iris and Dragonite seemed to have finally understood each other in the Team Rocket Arc, so I have a strong feeling that Dragonite will obey her in this battle against Drayden.

When people say "Iris glorification," it's a joking translation to "Iris focus" because obviously she wasn't glorified in the Junior Cup since she struggled throughout the whole thing.
    COrrection, she struggled trying to get dragonite to listen. ragonite breezed through the cup until krokorok DEMd into krookodile.

Quote Originally Posted by gotpika View Post
    Dento got multiple episodes of focus daily, even in episodes that didn't center majorly on him like the Ligray Alien episode, the Subway episodes, and certain other episodes. I just don't see why it's unfair for these "monsters in the form of writers" to give Iris focus when it actually leads somewhere and isn't just focus for focus sake.
    They feel more crammed though. Iris getting episodes aren't the issue, it's how close they are together (I understand that BW016/17 go together).

I did complain once, about the Kumashun episode. I prejudged it and said it would turn out bland, but I retracted my statement. Otherwise, I usually don't whine about Dento focus these days.
    Because he hasn't been getting as much focus

“...This is a tricky problem, huh. I really, really want to see the other Heroes... and if it works out, I want to make friends with them! If I made friends with six Heroes, I’d be an awesome mage! We could even conquer the world!”
    -Flatt Escardos, Fate Strange Fake
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204
    tumblr|fanfiction

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    COrrection, she struggled trying to get dragonite to listen. ragonite breezed through the cup until krokorok DEMd into krookodile.

Again you are no better too, calling Ash's Krookodile a DEM.

While Waruvile evolving to beat Kairyu would technically be a "Deus Ex Machina" by definition, I think that was okay. Waruvile is one of the few Pokemon with good battles, decent training, and a good enough battle to justify its evolution into Waruvial. Plus Waruvile at least was holding his own against Kairyu's Flamethrowers and hit Kairyu with a Stone Edge and Crunch once before evolving, doing some good damage in the process surprisingly. Things like Dangoro evolving despite not having any true battles or developments prior felt more like the worse half of a "DEM" plus Waruvile evolved in a tournament semi-finals not a gym battle.

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    They feel more crammed though. Iris getting episodes aren't the issue, it's how close they are together (I understand that BW016/17 go together).

Because he hasn't been getting as much focus
    Well the Fishing and Detective episodes weren't exactly words apart :/ Nor was Iwaperesu's win in a tag battle and Dento's plot point with Fuuro. Or the Subway episodes.

And I didn't chronically whine when a character I truly like wasn't getting huge amounts of focus or back when Kibago and Emonga collected dust daily :/
    Last edited by Doryuzu; 16th October 2012 at 3:40 AM.

Well the Fishing and Detective episodes weren't exactly words apart :/
    But remember that the Fishing episode was originally supposed to be BW026 so its placing would have felt more natural.

Or the Subway episodes.
    Iris got to dress up for the first Kami Trio episode. I always saw the Subway one for giving Dento a step up, and the Kami one for Iris.

And I didn't chronically whine when a character I truly like wasn't getting huge amounts of focus or back when Kibago and Emonga collected dust daily :/
    Yeah but people are whining now saying that she didn't get any focus back then. :/ I personally thought Iris's focus was fine in BW1. Her episodes might have been scarce (which they never felt that scarce to me. XD; Probably because I select and watch), but almost all of them were interesting/cool episodes.
    Last edited by JennaJayfeather; 16th October 2012 at 3:53 AM.

“...This is a tricky problem, huh. I really, really want to see the other Heroes... and if it works out, I want to make friends with them! If I made friends with six Heroes, I’d be an awesome mage! We could even conquer the world!”
    tumblr|fanfiction

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    But remember that the Fishing episode was originally supposed to be BW026 so its placing would have felt more natural.
    True, true. But this is Iris' chance to truly face Shaga, the one who is a mentor figure and Dragon user as well. Shaga is the one who dented Iris and Doryuuzu's relationship and I'm sure she wants to battle him not only for her Dragon Master goal, but in an attempt to purify her own past sins and show Doryuuzu's growth. I'm also sure Shaga will have a part in Kibago and Kairyu's futures.

Iris got to dress up for the first Kami Trio episode. I always saw the Subway one for giving Dento a step up, and the Kami one for Iris.
    Sure she got to dress up but the episode wasn't focused primarily on her, she just dressed up for the sake of them needing a shrine maiden. Dento had history with and battled the Subway twins and had an episodes, which showed off him stamp chasing. It wasn't similar in vain to the Kami Trio episode. :P

Yeah but people are whining now saying that she didn't get any focus back then. :/

True, true. But this is Iris' chance to truly face Shaga, the one who is a mentor figure and Dragon user as well. Shaga is the one who dented Iris and Doryuuzu's relationship and I'm sure she wants to battle him not only for her Dragon Master goal, but in an attempt to purify her own past sins and show Doryuuzu's growth. I'm also sure Shaga will have a part in Kibago and Kairyu's futures.
    I want to see this episode. XD Doesn't change the fact that I'm getting Iris'd out before this episode airs. ^^;

Sure she got to dress up but the episode wasn't focused primarily on her, she just dressed up for the sake of them needing a shrine maiden.
    But Dento didn't wear the full uniform, he only wore a hat. Iris got more clothing so that makes up for her lack of screentime in that episode. =P

tumblr|fanfiction

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Ya but I thought you were a girl before today lol.
    It's his avatar, isn't it?

These episodes are going by really fast...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

Quote Originally Posted by Shraeder View Post
    It's his avatar, isn't it?

These episodes are going by really fast...
    Yes lol, plus his posting style.
    Last edited by 1rkhachatryan; 16th October 2012 at 7:41 AM.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

When it comes to Dento and Iris screen time also, people have to consider the difference between him and Iris is that he's already a near perfect Sommelier while Iris has to work for her success. In other words, his goal is within his reach while Iris's goal is still a far-off dream. So it's obvious who needs the most development out of the two, that's not meant to be a mean-spirited comment.
    Last edited by Doryuzu; 16th October 2012 at 7:40 AM.

When it comes to Dento and Iris screen time also, people have to consider the difference between him and Iris is that he's already a near perfect Sommelier while Iris has to work for her success. In other words, his goal is within his reach while Iris's goal is still a far-off dream. So it's obvious who needs the most development out of the two, that's not meant to be a mean-spirited comment.
    Ya, this is also true lol.
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

I think Dento will be getting his ending arc after the league, I see this as Iris grand send off arc. However, I do agree I don't think a lot of us would have a problem with Iris getting this much screen time if it was more spread out, just seems so much right now. It also seems like the wrong timing too but I won't get into that. You Iris fans have to be fair, every one is not going to feel the same way you do about the way they are dealing with this such.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    I think Dento will be getting his ending arc after the league, I see this as Iris grand send off arc. However, I do agree I don't think a lot of us would have a problem with Iris getting this much screen time if it was more spread out, just seems so much right now. It also seems like the wrong timing too but I won't get into that. You Iris fans have to be fair, every one is not going to feel the same way you do about the way they are dealing with this such.
    Ya, Dento should get something soon enough lol.

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Ya, Dento should get something soon enough lol.
    After the league, some thing tells me it will be the same thing they are doing with Iris right now. Watch, Iris fans will complain about Dento getting too much screen time, Ash fans have to sit back and wait for the league for his special screen time.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    After the league, some thing tells me it will be the same thing they are doing with Iris right now. Watch, Iris fans will complain about Dento getting too much screen time, Ash fans have to sit back and wait for the league for his special screen time.
    Trolls, trolls everywhere lol.

Anybody remember when pokmon was just about Ash? Now his sidekicks are also entitled to all that precio screentime.

Anybody remember when pokmon was just about Ash? Now his sidekicks are also entitled to all that precio screentime.
    No, Pokemon was about his travel companions too. He and Pikachu are not the only stars.

About Dragonite/Kairyu vs Krokorok/Waruvil >>> Krookodile/Waruvial. (I need to post in parts).

First, Dragonite/Kairyu, although is as powerful as Champion's pokemon (in reality a little less) is being disobedient. In the two episodes prior that same DEragonite has OHKO (literally) both Ice-type pokemon, Beartic/Tsunbear (Georgia/Langley) and Mamoswine/Manmoo (Dawn/Hikari). Now Dragonite faces to a one of Ash's/Satoshi's pokemon. Iris because she wants to win, uses his strongest pokemon although it's still disobedient. For this reason, Iris uses Dragonite/Kairyu and not Axew/Kibago, Excadrill/Doryuzu or Emolga/Emonga. While Ash/Satoshi use Krokorok/Waruvial.

During the first part of the battle, Dragoniote/Kairyu found Krokorok/Waruvil a not very strong oponnent. Because this, Iris obeys his order and he attacks damaging Krokork/Waruvil but not KOing him. This because Dragonite/Kairyu is using realtively weak attacks to his oponnent (is known that in the anime, pokemon can varies his attacks depending of the oponnent, see Pikachu many times to "weak" oponnents).

But diring a moment of the battle, Krokorok/Waruvil evolves into Krookodile/Waruvial and we know that it learned Dragon Claw. Dragon Claw is super-effective hit on Dragonite/Kairyu and appears to be a Critical Hit (not explicity stated but could be asumed) giving real damage to Dragonite/Kairyu. Since that moment Dragonite/kairyu desn't treust iris anymore and started going on rampage puting the danger the Junior Cup stadium. During that time, Dragonite/Kairyu launch attacks into the air not affecting any of them into the oponnent. On the other hand, Ash/Satoshi optes to continue despite the circunstances and continues to fight with Krookodile/Waruvial. Krookodile launches various Crunchs succesfully and to end of the battle Krookodile/Waruvial launches a CH (again the same) Stone Edge against Dragonite/Kairyu. With that, Krookodile/Waruvial wins the battle and Ash/Satoshi advanced to the final round where Trip/Shooti is already waiting.

But exist one important thing to note if you look closely. During the rampage, Dragonite/Kairyu has lost some of his defense and he isn't abale to doge attacks to this oponnent. Counting to the fact that Krookodile/Waruvial launches a lot of attacks on-screen doing moderate damage. With the defense drop of Dragonite/Kairyu and his determination, Krookodile/Waruvial won that battle. But never because Krookodile/Waruvial is actually stronger than Dragonite/Kairyu because if the former is true Krookodile can realistically win Elite 4 mambers specially Caitlin/Cattleya and her Gothitelle/Gochiruselle (and also Shauntal/Shikimi although she hasn't appeared in the anime). You need to remember that except in very special circunstances, any of Ash's pokemon (including Charizard/Lizardon, Snorlax/Kabigon, Sceptile/Jukain, Infernape/Goukazaru, Pikachu and the mentioned Krookodile/Waruvial).

Finally, to return Ash to a normal state, Ash/Satoshi lose against Trip/Shooti in the final with his Serperior/Jalorda with Ash using Pignite/Chaoboo.
    Basically that episode shows not that Dragonoite/Kairyu is more weak than any of Ash's/Satoshi's (and Cilan's/Dent's for that matter) pokemon. This episode shows that if a pokemon is disobedient you can still lose a battle.

I put this because of two things, one because you can make Krookodile/Kairyu almost invicible, thing that I completely disagree (I think that he can lose to a regular pokemon in the League). The other thing is that because Iris catches Dragonite/Kairyu because it exist various reason:

1) Because is marketable. But is important the second reason:
    2) For foreshadowing that iris is Champion in B2W2. First, we have a more clear foreshadowing in the fact that Iris admires Cynthia/Shirona. (Iris can't admire Alder/Adeku because this can contradicts the events of the first Alder's episode). Because of what reason you think that Iris is going to catch that powerful pokemon when any of the main cast member (Ash/Satoshi, Misty/Kasumi, Brock/Takeshi, May/Haruka , Dawn/Hikari and Cilan/Dent) has catch that type of pokemon. And don't compare Dragonite/Kairyu to Togekiss because Dawn's/Hikari's Togekiss isn't that strong by a large margin.

About this episodes, I almost convinced now that Iris Dragonite/Kairyu will fully obey in this episode (in concrete the episode prior). And I think that Iris could get a resolution of her journey (You forget that Iris' journey is about winning against Drayden/Shaga, if Iris wins and is superior, this means that Iris is already a Dragon Master. I don't know what is happening but i know what can happen in this episode.

I would have liked that moment better if I didn't felt that Georgia letted her off so easily. I was hoping more would come from Georgia since it seems as though Iris isn't effected by her as a rival should.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by fer92 View Post
    About Dragonite/Kairyu vs Krokorok/Waruvil >>> Krookodile/Waruvial. (I need to post in parts).

First, Dragonite/Kairyu, although is as powerful as Champion's pokemon (in reality a little less) is being disobedient. In the two episodes prior that same DEragonite has OHKO (literally) both Ice-type pokemon, Beartic/Tsunbear (Georgia/Langley) and Mamoswine/Manmoo (Dawn/Hikari). Now Dragonite faces to a one of Ash's/Satoshi's pokemon. Iris because she wants to win, uses his strongest pokemon although it's still disobedient. For this reason, Iris uses Dragonite/Kairyu and not Axew/Kibago, Excadrill/Doryuzu or Emolga/Emonga. While Ash/Satoshi use Krokorok/Waruvial.

During the first part of the battle, Dragoniote/Kairyu found Krokorok/Waruvil a not very strong oponnent. Because this, Iris obeys his order and he attacks damaging Krokork/Waruvil but not KOing him. This because Dragonite/Kairyu is using realtively weak attacks to his oponnent (is known that in the anime, pokemon can varies his attacks depending of the oponnent, see Pikachu many times to "weak" oponnents).

But diring a moment of the battle, Krokorok/Waruvil evolves into Krookodile/Waruvial and we know that it learned Dragon Claw. Dragon Claw is super-effective hit on Dragonite/Kairyu and appears to be a Critical Hit (not explicity stated but could be asumed) giving real damage to Dragonite/Kairyu. Since that moment Dragonite/kairyu desn't treust iris anymore and started going on rampage puting the danger the Junior Cup stadium. During that time, Dragonite/Kairyu launch attacks into the air not affecting any of them into the oponnent. On the other hand, Ash/Satoshi optes to continue despite the circunstances and continues to fight with Krookodile/Waruvial. Krookodile launches various Crunchs succesfully and to end of the battle Krookodile/Waruvial launches a CH (again the same) Stone Edge against Dragonite/Kairyu. With that, Krookodile/Waruvial wins the battle and Ash/Satoshi advanced to the final round where Trip/Shooti is already waiting.

But exist one important thing to note if you look closely. During the rampage, Dragonite/Kairyu has lost some of his defense and he isn't abale to doge attacks to this oponnent. Counting to the fact that Krookodile/Waruvial launches a lot of attacks on-screen doing moderate damage. With the defense drop of Dragonite/Kairyu and his determination, Krookodile/Waruvial won that battle. But never because Krookodile/Waruvial is actually stronger than Dragonite/Kairyu because if the former is true Krookodile can realistically win Elite 4 mambers specially Caitlin/Cattleya and her Gothitelle/Gochiruselle (and also Shauntal/Shikimi although she hasn't appeared in the anime). You need to remember that except in very special circunstances, any of Ash's pokemon (including Charizard/Lizardon, Snorlax/Kabigon, Sceptile/Jukain, Infernape/Goukazaru, Pikachu and the mentioned Krookodile/Waruvial).

Finally, to return Ash to a normal state, Ash/Satoshi lose against Trip/Shooti in the final with his Serperior/Jalorda with Ash using Pignite/Chaoboo.
    Basically that episode shows not that Dragonoite/Kairyu is more weak than any of Ash's/Satoshi's (and Cilan's/Dent's for that matter) pokemon. This episode shows that if a pokemon is disobedient you can still lose a battle.

I put this because of two things, one because you can make Krookodile/Kairyu almost invicible, thing that I completely disagree (I think that he can lose to a regular pokemon in the League). The other thing is that because Iris catches Dragonite/Kairyu because it exist various reason:

2) For foreshadowing that iris is Champion in B2W2. First, we have a more clear foreshadowing in the fact that Iris admires Cynthia/Shirona. (Iris can't admire Alder/Adeku because this can contradicts the events of the first Alder's episode). Because of what reason you think that Iris is going to catch that powerful pokemon when any of the main cast member (Ash/Satoshi, Misty/Kasumi, Brock/Takeshi, May/Haruka , Dawn/Hikari and Cilan/Dent) has catch that type of pokemon. And don't compare Dragonite/Kairyu to Togekiss because Dawn's/Hikari's Togekiss isn't that strong by a large margin.

About this episodes, I almost convinced now that Iris Dragonite/Kairyu will fully obey in this episode (in concrete the episode prior). And I think that Iris could get a resolution of her journey (You forget that Iris' journey is about winning against Drayden/Shaga, if Iris wins and is superior, this means that Iris is already a Dragon Master. I don't know what is happening but i know what can happen in this episode.
    Oh here we go again -_-.

Quote Originally Posted by fer92 View Post

Summary. The writers are inconsistent with Pokemon power levels. They powered up Dragonite for what? Tension for the battles against Krokorok.

Dragonite strong enough to withstand ice attacks would inevitably be beaten by a type advantage with a stronger bond whether it would have been Trip's Serperior or Ash's Krookodile to show him that.

What do you mean Dragonite lost its defense? Sure maybe when Krokorok hit it Crunch on its tail but that's WHOSE fault for disobeying his trainer when things went wrong?

He saw Krookodile coming and he tried to take an attack more powerful than he thought by throwing out his arm (MOST DUMBEST MOVE EVER.). His own rage was his downfall and he could have won that battle if he did not lash out but then again probably not.

Neither Dragonite nor Krookodile are on Elite four strength yet. It was a temporarily reign of power for both of them to show off their strength without effort.

We don't even know if there WAS A CRITICAL HIT from any attacks.

Sure Dragonite is obeying but we have seen Iris and Dragonite face someone powerful working together yet to say it will fully obey her. Like Charizard vs Poliwrath and Mamoswine vs Aggron and Gyarados vs 3 Tentacruel, there has to be another battle to ensure Dragonite is fully obeying Iris as he was fighting legendaries in his own with Iris's confidence.

Winning or losing will not completely ensure that she is a Dragon Master as she still has ALOT to learn.
    Yeah..... I changed my signature....

I'm still sad Ash won't be batteling Drayden now... (well, I guess).

However, I hope the Iris vs Drayden battle is a well-made one, animation-vice. I also hope Excadrill beats Haxorus~
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Quote Originally Posted by MastersOfMonsters View Post
    I'm still sad Ash won't be batteling Drayden now... (well, I guess).

However, I hope the Iris vs Drayden battle is a well-made one, animation-vice. I also hope Excadrill beats Haxorus~
    The person who animated Tepig's evolution episode is animating this battle episode.

The person who animated Tepig's evolution episode is animating this battle episode.
    Really? Don't remember completely, but I think that battle was fairly well-made. Great~ ^^ Thank you.
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Page 50 of 91 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast