Page 51 of 91 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 2254

Thread: BWS2-17 Iris VS Drayden [FIRST POST UPDATED 10/19]

  1. #1251
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Not Kalos
    Posts
    3,108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    The person who animated Tepig's evolution episode is animating this battle episode.
    Scorescorescorescorescorescore!

    I really would have enjoyed Ash vs Drayden, but I knew since the Georgia episode Iris would battle him eventually.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

  2. #1252
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,961

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Anybody remember when pokmon was just about Ash? Now his sidekicks are also entitled to all that precio screentime.
    There's absolutely nothing wrong with developing supporting characters. They aren't androids made in a factory.

        Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

  3. #1253
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,318

    Default

    WE know since the begining of the series that Iris would have this two episode one in the village and one in Opelucid, doesn't take freaking genius to get that, they just came together because apparently the places are clsoe together(which makes sense), we also knew Iris was going to battle him, either it was just Excadrill or a 2vs2 like we know its going to be now is the only thing we didn't know.

    The only thing I don't like about this is yet again Axew doesn't do ****, they could have made this 3vs3 and have Axew beat a Zweilos.

  4. #1254
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Not Kalos
    Posts
    3,108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Anybody remember when pokmon was just about Ash? Now his sidekicks are also entitled to all that precio screentime.
    No, since Misty and Brock got focus in the OS.

    Quote Originally Posted by fer92 View Post
    About Dragonite/Kairyu vs Krokorok/Waruvil >>> Krookodile/Waruvial. (I need to post in parts).

    First, Dragonite/Kairyu, although is as powerful as Champion's pokemon (in reality a little less) is being disobedient. In the two episodes prior that same DEragonite has OHKO (literally) both Ice-type pokemon, Beartic/Tsunbear (Georgia/Langley) and Mamoswine/Manmoo (Dawn/Hikari). Now Dragonite faces to a one of Ash's/Satoshi's pokemon. Iris because she wants to win, uses his strongest pokemon although it's still disobedient. For this reason, Iris uses Dragonite/Kairyu and not Axew/Kibago, Excadrill/Doryuzu or Emolga/Emonga. While Ash/Satoshi use Krokorok/Waruvial.

    During the first part of the battle, Dragoniote/Kairyu found Krokorok/Waruvil a not very strong oponnent. Because this, Iris obeys his order and he attacks damaging Krokork/Waruvil but not KOing him. This because Dragonite/Kairyu is using realtively weak attacks to his oponnent (is known that in the anime, pokemon can varies his attacks depending of the oponnent, see Pikachu many times to "weak" oponnents).

    But diring a moment of the battle, Krokorok/Waruvil evolves into Krookodile/Waruvial and we know that it learned Dragon Claw. Dragon Claw is super-effective hit on Dragonite/Kairyu and appears to be a Critical Hit (not explicity stated but could be asumed) giving real damage to Dragonite/Kairyu. Since that moment Dragonite/kairyu desn't treust iris anymore and started going on rampage puting the danger the Junior Cup stadium. During that time, Dragonite/Kairyu launch attacks into the air not affecting any of them into the oponnent. On the other hand, Ash/Satoshi optes to continue despite the circunstances and continues to fight with Krookodile/Waruvial. Krookodile launches various Crunchs succesfully and to end of the battle Krookodile/Waruvial launches a CH (again the same) Stone Edge against Dragonite/Kairyu. With that, Krookodile/Waruvial wins the battle and Ash/Satoshi advanced to the final round where Trip/Shooti is already waiting.

    But exist one important thing to note if you look closely. During the rampage, Dragonite/Kairyu has lost some of his defense and he isn't abale to doge attacks to this oponnent. Counting to the fact that Krookodile/Waruvial launches a lot of attacks on-screen doing moderate damage. With the defense drop of Dragonite/Kairyu and his determination, Krookodile/Waruvial won that battle. But never because Krookodile/Waruvial is actually stronger than Dragonite/Kairyu because if the former is true Krookodile can realistically win Elite 4 mambers specially Caitlin/Cattleya and her Gothitelle/Gochiruselle (and also Shauntal/Shikimi although she hasn't appeared in the anime). You need to remember that except in very special circunstances, any of Ash's pokemon (including Charizard/Lizardon, Snorlax/Kabigon, Sceptile/Jukain, Infernape/Goukazaru, Pikachu and the mentioned Krookodile/Waruvial).

    Finally, to return Ash to a normal state, Ash/Satoshi lose against Trip/Shooti in the final with his Serperior/Jalorda with Ash using Pignite/Chaoboo.
    Basically that episode shows not that Dragonoite/Kairyu is more weak than any of Ash's/Satoshi's (and Cilan's/Dent's for that matter) pokemon. This episode shows that if a pokemon is disobedient you can still lose a battle.

    I put this because of two things, one because you can make Krookodile/Kairyu almost invicible, thing that I completely disagree (I think that he can lose to a regular pokemon in the League). The other thing is that because Iris catches Dragonite/Kairyu because it exist various reason:

    1) Because is marketable. But is important the second reason:
    2) For foreshadowing that iris is Champion in B2W2. First, we have a more clear foreshadowing in the fact that Iris admires Cynthia/Shirona. (Iris can't admire Alder/Adeku because this can contradicts the events of the first Alder's episode). Because of what reason you think that Iris is going to catch that powerful pokemon when any of the main cast member (Ash/Satoshi, Misty/Kasumi, Brock/Takeshi, May/Haruka , Dawn/Hikari and Cilan/Dent) has catch that type of pokemon. And don't compare Dragonite/Kairyu to Togekiss because Dawn's/Hikari's Togekiss isn't that strong by a large margin.

    About this episodes, I almost convinced now that Iris Dragonite/Kairyu will fully obey in this episode (in concrete the episode prior). And I think that Iris could get a resolution of her journey (You forget that Iris' journey is about winning against Drayden/Shaga, if Iris wins and is superior, this means that Iris is already a Dragon Master. I don't know what is happening but i know what can happen in this episode.
    First off, you provide no real evidence in your argument, this is all your opinion and you just "assume" certain things happened when there is no evidence. Dragonite was not "going easy" on Krokorok, otherwise Krokorok wouldn't have been beaten down so badly. And iirc, it didn't OHKO Mamoswine. Please come back with some real facts otherwise stop posting ginormous essays.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

  5. #1255
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shraeder View Post
    No, since Misty and Brock got focus in the OS.

    What focus episode for Misty? I don't remember any episode about focus episode on misty. I remember brock had a focus episode on girls he likes and the Ninetails.

    First off, you provide no real evidence in your argument, this is all your opinion and you just "assume" certain things happened when there is no evidence. Dragonite was not "going easy" on Krokorok, otherwise Krokorok wouldn't have been beaten down so badly. And iirc, it didn't OHKO Mamoswine. Please come back with some real facts otherwise stop posting ginormous essays.
    What focus episode for Misty? I don't remember any episode about focused on Misty to mmuch. And Brock I remember that Ninetails episode and the

  6. #1256
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by p96822 View Post
    What focus episode for Misty? I don't remember any episode about focused on Misty to mmuch. And Brock I remember that Ninetails episode and the
    There's quite a good number. But, please don't bring old characters in here. This will turn ugly, I can feel it.

  7. #1257

    Default

    Yes, we all knew these Iris episodes were coming, its just how its being done is all. HA Iris episodes as of late makes you wonder why they have Iris keeep Axew? It hardly gets a battle in, its not as popular as Pipulp I guess, shame =/
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

    Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

  8. #1258
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    IN YO FACE
    Posts
    4,138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    Yes, we all knew these Iris episodes were coming, its just how its being done is all. HA Iris episodes as of late makes you wonder why they have Iris keeep Axew? It hardly gets a battle in, its not as popular as Pipulp I guess, shame =/
    Just because it's not as popular as Piplup, doesn't mean it's not popular at all. Axew is actually pretty well adored in Japan.

  9. #1259
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,260

    Default

    Axew will have his battle someday

  10. #1260
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    IN YO FACE
    Posts
    4,138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by p96822 View Post
    Axew will have his battle someday
    LOL I agree with this. I think he'll have his moment against Georgia.

  11. #1261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    Just because it's not as popular as Piplup, doesn't mean it's not popular at all. Axew is actually pretty well adored in Japan.
    I never said it wasn't popular, I said its not as popular or else they'd over use it like Dawn did with Pipulp, instead he just sits in Iris hair and does jack, wheres the love Pokemon?
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

    Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

  12. #1262
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    I never said it wasn't popular, I said its not as popular or else they'd over use it like Dawn did with Pipulp, instead he just sits in Iris hair and does jack, wheres the love Pokemon?
    Axew will become strong and stay in the dragon village with the elder as punishement for not evolving

  13. #1263
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    IN YO FACE
    Posts
    4,138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    I never said it wasn't popular, I said its not as popular or else they'd over use it like Dawn did with Pipulp, instead he just sits in Iris hair and does jack, wheres the love Pokemon?
    The little guy doesn't battle much, but he has improved by miles. The trade off for his lack of battles is the most screentime out of Iris's pokemon.

  14. #1264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by p96822 View Post
    Axew will become strong and stay in the dragon village with the elder as punishement for not evolving
    Poor Axew, punishment for lack of training and battles :P

    HatersGonnaHate Thats great, I think it needs more battles instead though and learn new attacks as time goes on. More screen time make up for lack of battles??? Your ok with this??
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

    Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

  15. #1265
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    IN YO FACE
    Posts
    4,138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    More screen time make up for lack of battles??? Your ok with this??
    I want Axew to battle more, but at least we see him all the time. It's a trade off in my opinion.

  16. #1266
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    I want Axew to battle more, but at least we see him all the time. It's a trade off in my opinion.
    I want Iris to battle Ash agian so they can be great friends

  17. #1267
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,607

    Default

    I think they are great friends already.

  18. #1268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    I want Axew to battle more, but at least we see him all the time. It's a trade off in my opinion.
    I'd rather trade again, more battles > More screen time in my opinion.
    I'm not saying I'm a Pipulp fan, heck I disliked the thing more than any one when the D/P series was airing but at least it was used a lot and had good amount of screen time.
    I think Pokemon hates Axew or some thing.

    p96822 Your comment confused me, they are great friends already. Two battles is pretty good as it is.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

    Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

  19. #1269
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,813

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    I want Axew to battle more, but at least we see him all the time. It's a trade off in my opinion.
    I want axew to battle scraggy some more there battle are great training for eachother and we can see how much they have gotten stronger. there last battle was pretty good but i bet now it will be better.

    Quote Originally Posted by p96822 View Post
    I want Iris to battle Ash agian so they can be great friends
    there pretty great friends as it is right now im sure a battle wouldnt make it better.

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    I'd rather trade again, more battles > More screen time in my opinion.
    I'm not saying I'm a Pipulp fan, heck I disliked the thing more than any one when the D/P series was airing but at least it was used a lot and had good amount of screen time.
    I think Pokemon hates Axew or some thing.
    I didnt really enjoy piplup much either and i think axew is alot cuter (not trying to bash on piplup). just now that she has a dragonite shes more into making him obey her right now. but im sure axew has gotten stronger probably with some off screen training or something.
    Last edited by wingzx; 17th October 2012 at 3:55 AM.

  20. #1270
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    IN YO FACE
    Posts
    4,138

    Default

    I highly doubt Ash and Iris are gonna have anymore serious battles. They each have one win over each other and I think the writers are gonna keep it that way. Though I can still see some practice battles.

  21. #1271
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,825

    Default

    Honestly Kibago needs to evolve and pull a Kingler and pwn somebodies team lol.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  22. #1272
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    At south of Kalos.
    Posts
    2,211

    Default

    If you wonder if Axew could evolve in the Drayden episode (doubtful), you will know because:
    1) Very soon Dengeki (20th) and other magazine arised with pokemon titles and screeenshots. If Axew appears in one of them, he won't evolve.
    2)And more important, the VA list of the Eevee episode. If Axew would evolve in the Eevee episode will appear in the episode as a Fraxure or not appearing at all. And the latter is rare because Axew appears in all of BW episodes.

  23. #1273
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,825

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fer92 View Post
    If you wonder if Axew could evolve in the Drayden episode (doubtful), you will know because:
    1) Very soon Dengeki (20th) and other magazine arised with pokemon titles and screeenshots. If Axew appears in one of them, he won't evolve.
    2)And more important, the VA list of the Eevee episode. If Axew would evolve in the Eevee episode will appear in the episode as a Fraxure or not appearing at all. And the latter is rare because Axew appears in all of BW episodes.
    No one thinks he's evolving here lol.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  24. #1274
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    At south of Kalos.
    Posts
    2,211

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    No one thinks he's evolving here lol.
    Well, I think that Axew will evolve. But in the last/second last Iris episode. And we know that for Gen V we have the League and a filler saga where for the moment Iris is going to stay there.

    Will evolve because Axew wants to evolve (I don't think that's being retconned) but not in the middle of Axew's run (Axew is a main character, believe or not)
    Last edited by Eievui-Nymphia; 17th October 2012 at 7:27 AM.

  25. #1275
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,825

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fer92 View Post
    Well, I think that Axew will evolve. but in the last/second last Iris episode. And we know that for Gen V we have the League and a filler saga where for the moment Iris is going to stay there.
    Hello, I said here, Kibago damn well evolve in the future or Iris fails as a character.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Page 51 of 91 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •