Page 52 of 91 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 2254

Thread: BWS2-17 Iris VS Drayden [FIRST POST UPDATED 10/19]

I have a feeling Axew will only evolve once Iris leaves. One of the anime writers says the main reason why they're not evolving it is because of dealing with it being in Iris's hair

Quote Originally Posted by Endoplasmic Reticulum View Post
    I have a feeling Axew will only evolve once Iris leaves. One of the anime writers says the main reason why they're not evolving it is because of dealing with it being in Iris's hair
    Ugh just have Iris pull out a poke ball and call him back into it and then explain that Kibago was more comfortable in her hair so the poke ball isn't really used.

It's not that damn complicated writers -_-.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!

I also see Axew evolving close to Iris's departure. Pretty much a similar situation like what happened with May and Blaziken.

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    I also see Axew evolving close to Iris's departure. Pretty much a similar situation like what happened with May and Blaziken.
    That's what i see too. Unfortunately, I wish they foreshadowed more to it other than that BW006 dream.

Random : PokéRadar

Possibly in a fight against Ash's Scraggy or evolved Scrafty.

I feel sorry for our neglected Excadrill , he was pushed back and all the focus went to Dragonite. So he deserves a win, but I doubt he will defeat Haxorus!
    My Final B2-normal mode- team:

I don't think Iris will defeat Drayden. Sure she got a lot stronger, and she captured a powerful Dragonite but that doesn't mean she won't lose again. I mean, if she can't beat Krookodile then how the heck is she supposed to beat Haxorus?
    Friend Code: 2552-0309-3757
    Pokémon in my safari: Ponyta, Fletchinder, Charmeleon
    Pokémon I am looking for: none atm

Two of my most favourite Nintendo characters, facing off in a fiery battle...

Just because it's not as popular as Piplup, doesn't mean it's not popular at all. Axew is actually pretty well adored in Japan.
    It's a shame really. That adoration makes it unlikely to evolve anytime soon. Poor Axew unable to achieve its dream

LOL I agree with this. I think he'll have his moment against Georgia.
    He better. It started with Beartic beating Axew it should end with Axew beating Beartic

Quote Originally Posted by ???2 View Post
    I don't think Iris will defeat Drayden. Sure she got a lot stronger, and she captured a powerful Dragonite but that doesn't mean she won't lose again. I mean, if she can't beat Krookodile then how the heck is she supposed to beat Haxorus?
    Because we have no idea how strong Haxorus actuwlly is

Is Axew that popular in Japan? ._.; How can you tell?
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    Is Axew that popular in Japan? ._.; How can you tell?
    Doesn't seem that popular to me the other little guys are all more marketed then him, from Scraggy to Pansage, I think out of all the littles ones he is the least marketed atleast, I don't know if that translates into popularity.

You have to do more then standing on Iris shoulder and be cute to be popular, Piplup, Oshawott, etc are popular not only from the cuteness but also from the battles and actions they take.

Being an hair accessory doesn´t help him at all.
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 17th October 2012 at 3:33 PM.

Its popular enough to be a PMD starter

That's the best thing you've said for the last month. It would be nice for Axew to evolve but I wish it could evolve now so that we can see more of Fraxture than just throwing it off the air like Togetic was.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    That's the best thing you've said for the last month. It would be nice for Axew to evolve but I wish it could evolve now so that we can see more of Fraxture than just throwing it off the air like Togetic was.
    Thanks for the back-handed comment but have you forgotten about Iris's likely visit next gen? She will have her pokemon with her.

Quote Originally Posted by ???2 View Post
    That's pretty weak logic. The story was set up so that the evolution would lead to Iris losing. Pretty sure Haxorus will not be evolving on her and she already has an idea on its strength since she battled it before. The evolution was a complete surprise and she didn't even have a chance to battle Krookodile since Dragonite started rampaging after the first hit.

I bet dragonite will learn outrage during this fight and beat druddigon with it. The. The resulting confusion gives haxy the win for excadrill to finish. Probably with focus blast or a new move like born drill.

People overhype drayden. Yea he's strong but some people make Haxorus out to be something exceptionally powerful. We haven't seen enough of the thing to properly judge its strengths

Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    People overhype drayden. Yea he's strong but some people make Haxorus out to be something exceptionally powerful. We haven't seen enough of the thing to properly judge its strengths
    It's the blindness of people wanting Iris to lose. By overhyping Drayden, it gives the illusion that Iris has no chance of winning.

It's the blindness of people wanting Iris to lose. By overhyping Drayden, it gives the illusion that Iris has no chance of winning.
    Meh, people are still butthurt over Dragonite lol.

i still dont get it.. drayden is a gym leader not a part of the elite four. he is easily beatable and she has a strong team to take on a gym leader.. so im sure she can win

Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    i still dont get it.. drayden is a gym leader not a part of the elite four. he is easily beatable and she has a strong team to take on a gym leader.. so im sure she can win
    I wouldn't say easily beatable. He's gonna be tough but Iris is capable of winning it

Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    Honestly people are just mad about Dragonite and don't feel Iris should win when she is using him.

About Axew's popularity. I'm very surprised that exist very few merchandise for him. I see this pokemon appearing more than Axew.

Ash's Pikachu/Satoshi's Pikachu*, Ash's Oshawott/Satoshi's Mijumaru*, Ash's Snivy/Satoshi's Tsutarja, Iris' Dragonite/Iris' Kairyu, Iris' Emolga/Iris' Emonga, Dawn's Piplup/Hikari's Pochama*, Kotetsu's Riolu/Kotetsu's Riolu*, Virgil's Eevee/Virgil's Eievui*, Any of Eevee/Eievui evolutions owned by Virgil/Virgil (I think), Anime's Meloetta (in Voice/Aria and Step/Pirouette Formes)*, B2W2's Black Kyurem and White Kyurem*, Anime's Therian's Formes /Anime's Sacred Beast Formes , ????'s Lucario, Ash!?'s Charizaqrd/Satoshi!?'s Lizardon and Rayquaza. All of them has more merchandise than Axew.

And Ash's Scraggy/Satoshi's Zuruggu, Cilan's Pansage/Dent's Yanappu, Drayden's Haxorus/Shaga's Ononokus, Movie's Keldeo, and don't think of any more.

*Specially this appear in a lot of merchandise. Basically Axew is a large margin less popular than Piplup (see that, in BW!!!), and I'm almost sure Togepi when Misty had one.
    Last edited by Eievui-Nymphia; 17th October 2012 at 5:48 PM. Reason: Change Eevolutions for Meloetta for the *
    I think that Pokemon is beautiful and has its charm

Serebii, Bulbagarden

Note: I decided to not post post that had cause hate to me anymore. If you see one, please PM me and I will delete the moment I'm aware and I'm online.

I need to take a break in the anime forum because these forum bored me.

Thanks for the back-handed comment but have you forgotten about Iris's likely visit next gen? She will have her pokemon with her.

That's pretty weak logic. The story was set up so that the evolution would lead to Iris losing. Pretty sure Haxorus will not be evolving on her and she already has an idea on its strength since she battled it before. The evolution was a complete surprise and she didn't even have a chance to battle Krookodile since Dragonite started rampaging after the first hit.
    You should be lucky of the time I gave up just to actually read through your comments before to say it was any good. Just because Iris will get a cameo later doesn't meen that Axew shouldn't evolve. Infact, it would be better to see him reach the max when she appears again and not do like what they did with Dawn. Giving no change to her team since the last region we saw her.

And I don't see what's wrong with wanting Axew to evolve. That was the beginning of Axew's story actually and it would be sad to keep Axew the same and not getting any better just because some people like it better when it can fit in Iris's hair.

My ideal battle ever!

Almost all the characters Iris has ever battled have been overhyped beforehand for the exact same reason. But to be frank, I don't think the outcome of Iris's battle with Drayden will be that important in terms of Iris's personality. She'll learn something about Dragon Masters from the experience, but I doubt she'll get depressed if she loses or become arrogant if she wins. Iris is better than that imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    And I don't see what's wrong with wanting Axew to evolve. That was the beginning of Axew's story actually and it would be sad to keep Axew the same and not getting any better just because some people like it better when it can fit in Iris's hair.
    I agree. Axew needs to evolve; it's integral to his character.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Kira View Post
    Almost all the characters Iris has ever battled have been overhyped beforehand for the exact same reason. But to be frank, I don't think the outcome of Iris's battle with Drayden will be that important in terms of Iris's personality. She'll learn something about Dragon Masters from the experience, but I doubt she'll get depressed if she loses or become arrogant if she wins. Iris is better than that imo.
    I agree and yay you're back kira. I missed your posts ^.^

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Kira View Post
    I agree. Axew needs to evolve; it's integral to his character.
    I think he'll evolve in the last battle against Georgia, which will probably be close to Iris's departure. I see the evolution as her goodbye gift. Some people are trying to put the evolution on a timer, like if it doesn't happen now, then it means nothing. The logic is garbage.

I agree and yay you're back kira. I missed your posts ^.^

I think he'll evolve in the last battle against Georgia, which will probably be close to Iris's departure. I see the evolution as her goodbye gift. Some people are trying to put the evolution on a timer, like if it doesn't happen now, then it means nothing. The logic is garbage.
    The sooner the better cuz then we can actually see Fraxure for a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    The sooner the better cuz then we can actually see Fraxure for a little bit.
    That's just our personal preference. We didn't see much of May's Blaziken either and Fraxure isn't even that good of a dragon, which is probably another reason Axew is not evolving anytime soon.

Page 52 of 91 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast