Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The real number of filler episodes:

Default The real number of filler episodes:

A filler episode is a episode where you can skip the episode and has none consequences to the history. In a series like Poicket Monsters filler episodes are necessary to give us a gap between the anime and the games and to give a relax between battles. And forgrts that the term "filler" is a fan term.

I give the information of who episodes are filler:
    Filler episodes: BW32 (Cottonee), BW33 (Elgyem), BW53 (Maractus), BW54 (Sawsbuck), BW68 (Bouffalant),
    Debatable fillers: BW29 (Litwick), BW38 (Audino), BW46 (Purrloin), BW48 (Cubchoo), BW55 (Gothita), BWS2 4 (Larvitar), BWS2 15 (Braviary)

If you think that there's one more filler episode, give me ones or I explain why there isn't a filler. And it's good to have only 5-12 fillers on 107 episodes.

Most of BWs technical non fillers like BW2-11 the daycare are so boring thy might as well be filler.

The term "filler" is a highly subjective and abused term used for a "pointless" or "unimportant" episode. But that's like saying an ordinary day in your life means nothing. The plot is about traveling the world, sharing adventures with friends, and meeting new Pokemon and people. Therefore I don't consider any episode to be a filler.
    I am the current leader of Save Our Voice Actors, a Pokemon fan group supporting the voice actors in the anime dubbed by 4Kids (seasons 1-8). Our goal is to provide The Pokemon Company international with encouraging feedback in support of returning the main cast members. If you're interested, please visit us at facebook.com/saveourvoiceactors

Quote Originally Posted by Bluelatios* View Post
    The term "filler" is a highly subjective and abused term used for a "pointless" or "unimportant" episode. But that's like saying an ordinary day in your life means nothing. The plot is about traveling the world, sharing adventures with friends, and meeting new Pokemon and people. Therefore I don't consider any episode to be a filler.
    This is one of the best things I've ever read on the forums. Can I sig it?

Currently writing: The Missing Link!
    Chapters posted: 10
    Please read and review. I'll be eternally grateful.

Quote Originally Posted by stanleysmith View Post
    This is one of the best things I've ever read on the forums. Can I sig it?
    I agree with these.

YES! I agree with this as well. Why do people even feel the need pick out the "fillers", what kind of joy can you possibly get out of it?
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

While there were definitely episodes I didn't like they came from both sides of the aisle. I wouldn't immediately cast off any episode based on the summary alone.

In more recent regions they've done a lot to make episodes interesting regardless of the events within them. The line between a " Filler " and non-Filler has been blurred by having a good mix of events even in what would've otherwise been a typical day. Not all of them are winners entertainment-wise, but the vast majority of episodes are now watchable.

The plot is about traveling the world, sharing adventures with friends, and meeting new Pokemon and people. Therefore I don't consider any episode to be a filler.
    I still do consider some filler, since how "traveling the world, sharing adventures with friends, and meeting new Pokemon and people" is executed matters alot.

Example: From Johto through Sinnoh, the same basic thing happened alot due to the formula in place. The world's places were bland since they were made-up places not from the games, the adventures were similar (Meet person and Pokemon, get drawn into their issues, Team Rocket attacks, blast them off again, problems solved, move on and never speak of this again), and the new Pokemon and people usually never left an impact. It's filler because it just feels like a waste of time.

For episodes not to be purely filler, the world travel, adventures, and characters should be kept a variety. That's why I feel BW has much less filler than the past sagas, since variety is exactly what it has. A depressing number of fans complain about it, saying the formula should have been kept, but to me, this keeps me more engaged.

For BW, the ones I consider to be purely filler are:

BW32 (Cottonee) --- This felt like one of the old formula episodes sans human character of the day, and it was lazily executed.
    BW33 (Elgyem) --- Ditto the above, although this one was a better executed and enjoyable.
    BW48 (Cubchoo) --- So, SO boring and forgettable.
    BW53 (Maractus), BW54 (Sawsbuck), BW55 (Gothita) --- These ones felt like formula episodes sans Team Rocket.
    BW68 (Bouffalant) --- We already met Bouffalant with Alder, so what was the point? Still, this one was decent.
    Last edited by AgentPierce; 9th November 2012 at 10:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fer92 View Post
    A filler episode is a episode where you can skip the episode and has none consequences to the history. In a series like Poicket Monsters filler episodes are necessary to give us a gap between the anime and the games and to give a relax between battles. And forgrts that the term "filler" is a fan term.

I give the information of who episodes are filler:
    Filler episodes: BW32 (Cottonee), BW33 (Elgyem), BW53 (Maractus), BW54 (Sawsbuck), BW68 (Bouffalant),
    Debatable fillers: BW29 (Litwick), BW38 (Audino), BW46 (Purrloin), BW48 (Cubchoo), BW55 (Gothita), BWS2 4 (Larvitar), BWS2 15 (Braviary)

If you think that there's one more filler episode, give me ones or I explain why there isn't a filler. And it's good to have only 5-12 fillers on 107 episodes.
    I don't think the Cottonee episoode was a filler because it gave Kibago his first real win if I'm remembering correctly.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

@irckytran or how name you are, The Cottonee episode is filler because is inly about getting two Cotonee in love, nothing more.
    And @AgentPierce, the Cubchoo episode has the TR plot on-going, and the Gothita episode could not be filler because Katharine can appear in the leaguew (Unlikely....) and Scraggy development.

A filler episode is basically an episode you could skip and not miss out on any important information. That's not to say you should skip a filler episode or a filler episode is bad necessarily. There are a lot of episodes that people call filler from the OS that are aboslotuely brilliant and up there with some of the non filler episode. There are a lot of episodes particularly in the awfully long AG and DP series that you could skip and not miss out on anything. If someone wants to watch the DP season for example but doesn't have the time to watch it all due to them being busy, they could skip atleast half of the DP episodes and still get an understanding of how that series works.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    A filler episode is basically an episode you could skip and not miss out on any important information. That's not to say you should skip a filler episode or a filler episode is bad necessarily. There are a lot of episodes that people call filler from the OS that are aboslotuely brilliant and up there with some of the non filler episode.
    Right. And there are also many plot-relevant episodes from all the Pokemon series have absolutely sucked.

Filler does not equate to bad just like important does not equate to good. It all depends on the writing/entertainment quality, always.

Quote Originally Posted by AgentPierce View Post
    Right. And there are also many plot-relevant episodes from all the Pokemon series have absolutely sucked.

Filler does not equate to bad just like important does not equate to good. It all depends on the writing/entertainment quality, always.
    And that is why Kanto wasn't as great as people say. Three words
    Celadon

City

Gym

The crossdressing is the only thing I still liked about that episodes, the rest no.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    And that is why Kanto wasn't as great as people say. Three words
    Celadon

City

Gym

The crossdressing is the only thing I still liked about that episodes, the rest no.
    I don't know if I'm in the minority here but I actually found that episode to be hilarious.

It also depends on your definition of " important information ".

If you're only here to see Ash's progress through Gyms you could skip most Contest Episodes.

If you only care about Contests you had no reason to watch the Pokemon League.

Depending on how much you care about Ash's Pokemon you might skip episodes where they evolve or learn a new move. You might not care that Ash spend a while training X Pokemon on X move as long as the Pokemon is able to use the move.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    I don't know if I'm in the minority here but I actually found that episode to be hilarious.

It's just... How Erica treated Ash for just being a boy and then goes and ban him from the gym. While saving Gloom was very kind of him, pity badge. So if people want to talk about Skyla, look back at Erica.

Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post
    It also depends on your definition of " important information ".

If you're only here to see Ash's progress through Gyms you could skip most Contest Episodes.

If you only care about Contests you had no reason to watch the Pokemon League.

Depending on how much you care about Ash's Pokemon you might skip episodes where they evolve or learn a new move. You might not care that Ash spend a while training X Pokemon on X move as long as the Pokemon is able to use the move.
    But the danger of watching the important episodes is that it turns into more of a sporting event than it does an action and adventure show. It's almost like you are watching a Let's Play if you skip all the fillers. It's like Catch Pokemon/Gym/Villain/Gym/Contest/Villains come back/Gym/etc. So even if not all filler is brilliant, you should still watch a handful of them so it feels more like an entertainment show than a sporting event or Let's Play.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    It's just... How Erica treated Ash for just being a boy and then goes and ban him from the gym. While saving Gloom was very kind of him, pity badge. So if people want to talk about Skyla, look back at Erica.
    Erika's portrayal probably didn't bother me as much as it did other people. Yes, Erika was being a selfish jerk to Ash by not allowing her into her gym only because he didn't like perfume. Ash came all that way to Celdon City and she should be a little more respectful. But Erika banning Ash is what led to all the hilarious moments we got. Maybe it would have made Erika look better if one of Ash's Pokemon destroyed her perfume shop by accident and that's why he was banned. But I still loved the comedy in this episode and the pity badge didn't destroy the episode for me.
    Last edited by Pokemaniac24; 9th November 2012 at 11:20 PM.

@irckytran or how name you are, The Cottonee episode is filler because is inly about getting two Cotonee in love, nothing more.
    But in that same episode, Axew and Scraggy battled, and after multiple ties Axew came out as the winner this time around. I'd say that's slightly important.

And @AgentPierce, the Cubchoo episode has the TR plot on-going, and the Gothita episode could not be filler because Katharine can appear in the leaguew (Unlikely....) and Scraggy development.
    Just call me Robert.

Kibago's first on screen win is not a filler though.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Joining the agreement bandwagon on this. Because I agree with it.

98% of the teenage population has died smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
    Good old natural selection...

I LOLd because there are days in my life that were completely unnecessary. And pokemon is a TV show which means it should seek to entertain the greatest number of people rather than showing random meaningless episodes designed only to pad time with the flimsy justification of being faithful to tlreality.

Oh yes this. xD

I hate the term "filler" because people automatically see them as bad.
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Since a filler episode is an episode where there is no plot development. I think that a few of those listed, such as the Elgyem episode is filler.

Since Pokemon doesn't follow any canon arcs like other animes adapted from manga, it gets a different definition.

Fillers are episodes with nothing of importance that advances the overall plot (such as evil team or gyms), Pokemon (captures, evolutions, moves) and characters (back-stories, I guess, since humans should be included too.)

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Every episode focusing cilan should be considered a filler, he's already an a class connoisseur so why bother wasting episodes on him.
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast