Page 147 of 180 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151157 ... LastLast
Results 3,651 to 3,675 of 4477

Thread: BWS2-19 Unova League Begins [FIRST POST UPDATED 11/8]

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    *Shakes head*

Not even trying are you?
    Not when it involves your same old arguments of the show is perfect Ash is perfect, everything is perfect statements.

Quote Originally Posted by jrizza88 View Post
    It's funny how people are so quick to say that pokemon like Snivy, Oshawott, etc. aren't ready for the league. I guess evolution is key to everyone >.> Let's not forget the Torterra that lost all its battles, or the Conkeldurr that has failed in all its forms. Point blank, evolution isn't everything in the anime. Yes, it would be annoying to see a 3 vs 3 if it were Oshawott, Snivy, Scraggy vs Elektross, Braviary, Emboar or something, but I am sure there will be fully evolved pokemon alongside the base form pokemon to give some "balance".

Ash is ready for the league, Pikachu is going to get Ash his first win, and I am sure we will see Pokemon like Snivy get him his other wins.
    All that proves is that there are some bad eggs mixed in with the good with the fully evolved poekmon rather than unevolved pokemon are powerful in general. And I'd love to see the charmander who could beat a golem, scizor and blastoise in a row. Or a treecko that can beat darkrai. The only pokemon that even comes close would be Pikachu and the rats power levels are extremely inconsistent and go from god level due to mascot status to weak.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Not when it involves your same old arguments of the show is perfect Ash is perfect, everything is perfect statements.

All that proves is that there are some bad eggs mixed in with the good with the fully evolved poekmon rather than unevolved pokemon are powerful in general. And I'd love to see the charmander who could beat a golem, scizor and blastoise in a row. Or a treecko that can beat darkrai. The only pokemon that even comes close would be Pikachu and the rats power levels are extremely inconsistent and go from god level due to mascot status to weak.
    I do actually agree with what you said, but I still feel that they can be really strong. Bulbabaur and Squirtle can say hi in this matter. They took down pokemon from the final battle frontier person that Ash had to beat. Yes, they weren't legendary, but still. Bulbasaur took out two Pokemon from that very important battle.

I remember Trollbias making it seem like Ash's gible could have taken out Darkrai if Draco Meter connected right.

Name: Arugula
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

He thinks I think this is perfect?

*cue Iris' laugh from BW2-14*

You got me mixed up with the wrong kind of fans. Nothing is perfect, but I look pass the bad with the positives plus regardless the outcome, I will still enjoy the arc.

Quote Originally Posted by jrizza88 View Post
    I do actually agree with what you said, but I still feel that they can be really strong. Bulbabaur and Squirtle can say hi in this matter. They took down pokemon from the final battle frontier person that Ash had to beat. Yes, they weren't legendary, but still. Bulbasaur took out two Pokemon from that very important battle.

I remember Trollbias making it seem like Ash's gible could have taken out Darkrai if Draco Meter connected right.
    No he mentioned that Gible could have taken out anything but Darkrai with Draceo Meteor.
    - Claimed:

-XY, already better than Best Wishes.xD

Pokemon Y Team:

Greninja
    Talonflame
    Pikachu
    Venusaur
    Flygon
    Aggron

3DS FC: 1993-7360-7585

Last edited by G50; 6th November 2012 at 9:00 AM.
    "Heart + Determination + Perserverence = Success" ™

My Philosophical quote on goals and dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by G50 View Post
    http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org3591002.jpg

it appears to be saying something about the format I think.

oops sorry, I got my threads mixed up.
    Which thread are you gonna post the info on? (when you find it ) cause your one of the main translators
        Spoiler:- Game Teams:
    I have a pretty good reputation on these forums... Well i mean I could...

ヒガキシテに到着したサトシたちは、大会のエントりーを済ませた帰り道に、 林の中で三日も前から待機しているというコテツとりオルを見つける。しかし、まだ大会エントりーをしていな いと聞いて驚いたサとシは、コテつを連れて終ア間近の受け付急ぐ。

full summary fully typed out. Not quite sure what it says yet...

ヒガキシテに到着したサトシたちは、大会のエントりーを済ませた帰り道に、 林の中で三日も前から待機しているというコテツとりオルを見つける。しかし、まだ大会エントりーをしていな いと聞いて驚いたサとシは、コテつを連れて終ア間近の受け付急ぐ。

full summary fully typed out. Not quite sure what it says yet...
    from what i translated off google Kotetsu has been there for 3 days but forgot to sign up and needs to hurry haha ><

Poor Kotetsu, he reminds me with Stoner Stanley or Bad Luck Brian. BTW, is there any signs of Ash and Trip's battle?

Nothing but basic. You want to know me more? Ask me everything! I am otaku, fujoshi, love yuri too. Self-proclaimed Trip's queen on Pokemon fandom
    Favorite 2014 Anime characters so far : Haruka/Konoha/Kuroha Kokonose, Rin Matsuoka, Haru Ichinose, Ayato Kirishima, Kaine Seiya, Shoyou Hinata, Izumi Sena, Souji Okita (BakuRock!), Yato, Yuu Sonoda, Nico Yazawa

Too bad, I was kinda hoping they'd reveal the format of the first round battles.

http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org3591003.jpg

part of this summary also goes here.

"'The Isshu League Higaki Tournament begins! Satoshi VS Shooty!!' Satoshi and friends finally arrive in Higaki City, where the Isshu League is to be held. And it seems that in the preliminary matches that finally begin, Satoshi ends up facing Shooty and Jalorda..."

for the other scan -

"Having arrived in Higaki City, on the way back from entering the tournament, Satoshi and friends find Kotetsu and a Riolu in a glade that have been waiting for orders there for three days. However, surprisingly hearing that he hasn't entered the tournament yet, Satoshi hurries to the Reception with Kotetsu as the closing time draws near."
    Last edited by G50; 6th November 2012 at 1:10 PM. Reason: thanks bluesun :)

http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org3591003.jpg

part of this summary also goes here.

"'The Isshu League Higaki Tournament begins! Satoshi VS Shooty!!' Satoshi and friends finally arrive in Higaki City, where the Isshu League is to be held. And it seems that in the preliminary matches that finally begin, Satoshi ends up facing Shooty and Jalorda..."
    Wow, preliminaries aye? Pretty much seals the deal that this will be 1vs1, as ALL preliminaries have been 1vs1's.. This is just like Pikachu vs. Hitmonlee in Hoenn, and Pikachu vs. Furret, Phanpy vs. Machoke and Cyndaquill vs. Exeggcutor in Johto.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Right so definitely 1v1 now we know its a preliminary match.

Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    Right so definitely 1v1 now we know its a preliminary match.
    Not proven yet, but in light of all earlier 'preliminary'-rounds, 99% sure on it.

Which at least means that we again have a decent chance that following matches won't follow the 1vs1 format. I'm relieved at this point.

Heck, I can even start to dream about the following scenario:
    - 1vs1: Preliminaries
    - Double Battles: First Round
    - Triple Battle: Third Round
    - Full Battle: Fourth Round
    - Etc.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Too bad that Ash vs Trip will be a 1 vs 1 match. They'd better have a 6 vs 6 battle in a filler arc.
    Welcome back Charizard! I've missed you so much! <3

What the f***? Only 1 VS 1 orz? Why did the writer give Ash VS Trip 1 VS 1? I hope in the filler saga they will battle 6 on 6 orz. *le crying

Nothing but basic. You want to know me more? Ask me everything! I am otaku, fujoshi, love yuri too. Self-proclaimed Trip's queen on Pokemon fandom
    Favorite 2014 Anime characters so far : Haruka/Konoha/Kuroha Kokonose, Rin Matsuoka, Haru Ichinose, Ayato Kirishima, Kaine Seiya, Shoyou Hinata, Izumi Sena, Souji Okita (BakuRock!), Yato, Yuu Sonoda, Nico Yazawa

Quote Originally Posted by Airi-Chan View Post
    What the f***? Only 1 VS 1 orz? Why did the writer give Ash VS Trip 1 VS 1? I hope in the filler saga they will battle 6 on 6 orz. *le crying
    They probably will do that.. Wouldn't make sense to give him a full team otherwise if he's only going to use two post BW30 or so..

As for the 1vs1. The Junior Cup could be the answer. Serperior cast a huge shadow over that tournament, and in order to keep the league 'fresh', they decided to have this match early. It shouldn't make a difference whether it is in the preliminaries or not. For instance, if Ash lost to Tobias in the same way he did in the semi's in the first round of the Sinnoh League, nobody could say that Ash sucked during the league. He wouldn't have gotten far, but he would still have done more damage to the eventual champion then the runner up. Meaning that strengthwise he would be in the group of top competitors eitherway. Same goes for Trip if Ash makes it far (semi's, finals).

because they wanted to try something different. and I personally applaud them for it

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    They probably will do that.. Wouldn't make sense to give him a full team otherwise if he's only going to use two post BW30 or so..

As for the 1vs1. The Junior Cup could be the answer. Serperior cast a huge shadow over that tournament, and in order to keep the league 'fresh', they decided to have this match early. It shouldn't make a difference whether it is in the preliminaries or not. For instance, if Ash lost to Tobias in the same way he did in the semi's in the first round of the Sinnoh League, nobody could say that Ash sucked during the league. He wouldn't have gotten far, but he would still have done more damage to the eventual champion then the runner up. Meaning that strengthwise he would be in the group of top competitors eitherway. Same goes for Trip if Ash makes it far (semi's, finals).
    But , this is preliminary?

yes this is the preliminary round

Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    yes this is the preliminary round
    It makes me hurt

Y sayin he is facing Shooti and Jalord definetly seals the deal of the 1vs1, well its the preliminaries the first figth actually.

Its still dumb to me that off all people he would get matched with Shooti rigth away, too much of a coincidenc fator but I reafirm what I said then, if he figths his main rival in the first round just make him fight all the rivals.

Doesn't change a thing. It's our fault that we usually overlook the preliminaries anyway.

Personally, we should applaud them for it, as it will give the league a 'free for all'-vibe without one competitor drastically overshadowing the rest (cough*Paul*cough). Which should be the case, as that was done throughout Unova the entire time and makes it consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Doesn't change a thing. It's our fault that we usually overlook the preliminaries anyway.

Personally, we should applaud them for it, as it will give the league a 'free for all'-vibe without one competitor drastically overshadowing the rest (cough*Paul*cough). Which should be the case, as that was done throughout Unova the entire time and makes it consistent.
    To be fair tyson also was shown to be much stronger than any other competitor in Hoenn. But still looks like we got our filler story arc to pad out time before ash vs trip

Page 147 of 180 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151157 ... LastLast