Page 171 of 180 FirstFirst ... 71121161167168169170171172173174175 ... LastLast
Results 4,251 to 4,275 of 4477

Thread: BWS2-19 Unova League Begins [FIRST POST UPDATED 11/8]

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Well at least in terms of animation, the league looks good, I still don't like the league not solely focusing on Ash. It's not like we're going to get 15 episodes of the league, so why screw over Ash's Pokémon for characters we (sorry I meant I) don't give a crap about.

Ash's Pokémon in the league >>>>>>>>>>>>>Anything else.
    They are showing the rivals winning thats it, good thing you corrected yourself saying I .

The Axew episode(if thats what youre refering to) just seems to be a break episode in the middle of the battling and I believe it happens because the preliminary rounds ended and they are probably getting some time off.
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 15th November 2012 at 5:42 PM.

Well at least in terms of animation, the league looks good, I still don't like the league not solely focusing on Ash. It's not like we're going to get 15 episodes of the league, so why screw over Ash's Pokémon for characters we (sorry I meant I) don't give a crap about.

Well then they say FU to what is supposed to be the most important battle of the league, things do tend to take a turn for the worst -_-.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    But they don't even really do the open palm trusting that we know they usually do.
    They do, Emboar simply doesn't have huge palms like Hariyama, but again, it doesn't matter. In the end, the move isn't useless, it was used once and it was blocked by pillars which blocked Hammer Arm and Flamethrower.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    They do, Emboar simply doesn't have huge palms like Hariyama, but again, it doesn't matter. In the end, the move isn't useless, it was used once and it was blocked by pillars which blocked Hammer Arm and Flamethrower.
    But there are much better moves for Emboar to learn lol, he doesn't need it especially when he already has the stronger alternative.
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Preview looks good and i guess Trip's present for losing early is some new battle scene poses. I hope the animators start creating new battle poses for all the characters instead of relying on stock animation. I was very pleased when they created a new one for Iris during her battle with Drayden. More please<3
    Last edited by HatersGonnaHate; 15th November 2012 at 6:07 PM.

But there are much better moves for Emboar to learn lol, he doesn't need it especially when he already has the stronger alternative.
    That has never mattered in the show, most characters have a bunch of moves that could be replaced with other moves. Hammer Arm isn't much of an alternative either, Arm Thrust is more faster and hits more, Hammer Arm is slower and just hits once but harder, they can be used in different situations.

That has never mattered in the show, most characters have a bunch of moves that could be replaced with other moves. Hammer Arm isn't much of an alternative either, Arm Thrust is more faster and hits more, Hammer Arm is slower and just hits once but harder, they can be used in different situations.
    Arm Thrust hits more but it's weak and it tires Emboar out.

Arm Thrust hits twice but it hits harder.

But in the Hoenn League we saw Tyson's and Morrison's battles, in the Sinnoh League we saw Barry vs. Paul and that was a whole episode.

and well there are people that give a crap about Bianca, Kotetsu, Stephan or Virgil. I, for example, care for the the first three I mention.

You complain only because this is Unova as noted in all of your previous posts, don't be so transparent.

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    Preview looks good and i guess Trip's present for losing early is some new battle scene poses. I hope the writers start creating new battle poses for all the characters instead of relying on stock animation. I was very pleased when they created a new one for Iris during her battle with Drayden. More please<3
    The writers don't animate anything.

Well if we aren't going to see the characters again maybe the animators do more poses or they migth think the opposite and say since they are going away I'm not going to care to make a new pose for said character(being lazy as usual).

Arm Thrust hits more but it's weak and it tires Emboar out.

Arm Thrust hits twice but it hits harder.
    Emboar used Arm Thrust once and didn't show signs of fatigue, it did after it used Hammer Arm and Flamethrower though. Also, Arm Thrust isn't necessarily weak, game wise it has a low base power, which means nothing in the Anime.

Again, it doesn't matter though, most characters have similar enough moves on their Pokemon, the Anime makes it work.

Arm Thrust simply isn't useless like you were saying it was. So there is no need to facepalm at a fictional character who doesn't get to decide anything anyways considering she's not real and has no will to do whatever she wants, she's forced to do whatever the writers want. Not like there is any reason to facepalm at the writers either for this one situation that happens all the time anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    The writers don't animate anything.

Well if we aren't going to see the characters again maybe the animators do more poses or they migth think the opposite and say since they are going away I'm not going to care to make a new pose for said character(being lazy as usual).
    Oops I meant animators. my bad xP

They shouldn't be lazy. I get that stock animation is probably easier for them but it becomes repetitive after a while. I loved Iris's new one and Trip seems to be getting more than one new pose so I hope they continue making more xD

Quote Originally Posted by RickHoenn View Post
    Why are you always telling lies? -_- He went to the Indigo League and brought Muk with him, he watched along with Delia his battle against Janet and his final battle against Richie, he was in for 4 episodes. Brock, Misty, Oak, Delia and Ash stayed at a league house and they watched the closing ceremony.
    Okay for one thing, on what bases can you call me a liar and more importantly, when the heck did I even lie in the first place? And two, I forgot about that whole Muk ordeal okay. I don't make it my life's work to remember everything about this show to the last detail. I honestly had the thought that Oak didn't come to the Indigo league at all.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Emboar used Arm Thrust once and didn't show signs of fatigue, it did after it used Hammer Arm and Flamethrower though. Also, Arm Thrust isn't necessarily weak, game wise it has a low base power, which means nothing in the Anime.

Again, it doesn't matter though, most characters have similar enough moves on their Pokemon, the Anime makes it work.

Arm Thrust simply isn't useless like you were saying it was. So there is no need to facepalm at a fictional character who doesn't get to decide anything anyways considering she's not real and has no will to do whatever she wants, she's forced to do whatever the writers want. Not like there is any reason to facepalm at the writers either for this one situation that happens all the time anyways.
    Except the only time Arm Thrust really worked was as a move blocker back in Hoenn. It really is a move made specifically for Hariyama because it works best with that line. Really the Emboar line shouldn't even have it. With all the other fighting moves Emboar can learn, this one is pretty useless.

Except the only time Arm Thrust really worked was as a move blocker back in Hoenn. It really is a move made specifically for Hariyama because it works best with that line. Really the Emboar line shouldn't even have it. With all the other fighting moves Emboar can learn, this one is pretty useless.
    Emboar doesn't even get the two best Fighting moves anyway... Superpower being its strongest, but least useful.
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by RickHoenn View Post
    But in the Hoenn League we saw Tyson's and Morrison's battles, in the Sinnoh League we saw Barry vs. Paul and that was a whole episode.

and well there are people that give a crap about Bianca, Kotetsu, Stephan or Virgil. I, for example, care for the the first three I mention.

You complain only because this is Unova as noted in all of your previous posts, don't be so transparent.
    And I'm pretty sure, I've addressed many times that I hated Paul vs Barry, just don't think because this is Unova, doesn't mean I didn't complain about the other series.

Team Rocket screwed over Ash's battle with Nando, and Paul vs Barry, screwed over Barry as a trainer, as well as screwing over Ash's battle against the girl.

I'm not saying a few shots of Ash's rivals winning are bad, but no their focusing on four trainers (not counting Trip), that's adding up.

In Sinnoh and Hoenn they only focused on two, and at least Hoenn was done in a way where Ash's Pokémon didn't get screwed over, except maybe Torkoal.

Again it's always going to be Ash's Pokémon>>>>>>>>>>Anything else.

I don't care if Stephan/Virgil/Kotetsu is your boyfriend, and I don't care if Bianca is your girlfriend, in regards to a league, Ash's Pokémon will always be more important than anyone or anything else.

And quite frankly even though they really have yet to do it, Ash's Pokémon always gets screwed over in some way.

Sorry that I don't want it to happen a 5th time.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

And I'm pretty sure, I've addressed many times that I hated Paul vs Barry, just don't think because this is Unova, doesn't mean I didn't complain about the other series.

Team Rocket screwed over Ash's battle with Nando, and Paul vs Barry, screwed over Barry as a trainer, as well as screwing over Ash's battle against the girl.

I'm not saying a few shots of Ash's rivals winning are bad, but no their focusing on four trainers (not counting Trip), that's adding up.

In Sinnoh and Hoenn they only focused on two, and at least Hoenn was done in a way where Ash's Pokémon didn't get screwed over, except maybe Torkoal.

I don't care if Stephan/Virgil/Kotetsu is your boyfriend, and I don't care if Bianca is your girlfriend, in regards to a league, Ash's Pokémon will always be more important than anyone or anything else.

And quite frankly even though they really have yet to do it, Ash's Pokémon always gets screwed over in some way.

Sorry that I don't want it to happen a 5th time.
    So true, so very true. Still, I didn't hate Paul vs Barry all that much...

So basically...

Preliminaries
    Ash : Pikachu
    Trip : Serperior
    Bianca : Emboar
    Stephan : Zebstrika
    Kotetsu : Ferrothorn
    Virgil : Vaporeon

I wonder if Ash vs Trip will go on to the next episode or not, or if it's Bianca's battle.

It atleast was still better than Ash vs Trip's.

Still better than an "Axew gets lost" episode.

Seeing the rivals get atleast one win before battling with Ash or getting kicked out of the league is a good move. I wanted that to happen for Trip too but sadly it didn't.

That is somewhat true but the pokemon get focus maybe 70% of the time. Just like in the grand festivals we get to see interactions fro mthe rivals as well as the appeals and battles.

And this is supposed be be a surprise now after all this time?

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    So true, so very true. Still, I didn't hate Paul vs Barry all that much...
    I loved that battle. It's not like there was anything to hate in that battle. I don't get dman's hatred for random things~

Quote Originally Posted by Thing View Post
    I loved that battle. It's not like there was anything to hate in that battle. I don't get dman's hatred for random things~
    I understand that it took away from Ash (which in all respect, shouldn't really happen) but in this one case I felt it was good as Barry needed to see what Paul really was. Sure that character development was pointless as it kicked Barry out of the league, but he got to experience what Ash had to the whole damn region.

Quote Originally Posted by Thing View Post
    Barry didn't beat any of Paul's Pokémon, making the entire battle pointless, why the hell focus on that battle so much, if Barry wasn't even going to put up a good fight.

You can't tell me that losing all your Pokémon and not even knocking out a single Pokémon of your opponent is putting up a good fight.

If this was Barry vs Tobias, it would be a lot shorter, and acceptable.

I just don't like how Barry apparently sucks as a trainer since he didn't even scratch Paul's Pokemon and yet if Barry were to battle Ash it would get down to the wire before Ash won.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

I not only disliked how Hitmonlee got mauled, but it bugged me that he used some random Skarmory when there are plenty of better choices. PLUS he wasn't even allowed just one win.. So yeah, to me that battle sucked because Barry didn't deserve to be thrashed that badly.

A repeat of that would be one of the worst ideas.
    OR Playthrough - Route 118

This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

Trip had so many other Pokemon to show off and this is how they want to start the league? Disappointed. Hopefully the episodes after the league make up for that. I really want to see how trained ALL of Trip's Pokemon are.

Apart from Trip, I hope the other battles are great too. But like I said, a Team Plasma interference in the league would be amazing. There are so many different possibilities hopefully they don't end the league in a lame way. I'll just hope for the best...

Barry didn't beat any of Paul's Pokémon, making the entire battle pointless, why the hell focus on that battle so much, if Barry wasn't even going to put up a good fight.

You can't tell me that losing all your Pokémon and not even knocking out a single Pokémon of your opponent is putting up a good fight.

If this was Barry vs Tobias, it would be a lot shorter, and acceptable.

I just don't like how Barry apparently sucks as a trainer since he didn't even scratch Paul's Pokemon and yet if Barry were to battle Ash it would get down to the wire before Ash won.
    The only reason you hate Barry vs Paul is because all you care about are scores but not the match itself.

Ursaring(just watch the battle and see how battered it is) and Magmortar (Hydrocanoned) were both severely damaged. Electivire was the only one who was least damaged. Barry did a good job, its just that Paul switched his Pokemon before they lost. Even Paul said it was a good battle and we all know he isn't the type to say stuff to please people.

Barry vs Paul was good, not amazing. It was supposed to be like that.

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

Quote Originally Posted by Dracoflare View Post
    The only reason you hate Barry vs Paul is because all you care about are scores but not the match itself.

Ursaring(just watch the battle and see how battered it is) and Magmortar (Hydrocanoned) were both severely damaged. Electivire was the only one who was least damaged. Barry did a good job, its just that Paul switched his Pokemon before they lost. Even Paul said it was a good battle and we all know he isn't the type to say stuff to please people.

Barry vs Paul was good, not amazing. It was supposed to be like that.
    I don't think it was a good battle at all, I couldn't wait for it to be over. Passable at best.

Page 171 of 180 FirstFirst ... 71121161167168169170171172173174175 ... LastLast