Page 172 of 180 FirstFirst ... 72122162168169170171172173174175176 ... LastLast
Results 4,276 to 4,300 of 4477

Thread: BWS2-19 Unova League Begins [FIRST POST UPDATED 11/8]

  1. #4276
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Except the only time Arm Thrust really worked was as a move blocker back in Hoenn. It really is a move made specifically for Hariyama because it works best with that line. Really the Emboar line shouldn't even have it. With all the other fighting moves Emboar can learn, this one is pretty useless.
    In Anime, anything can work for anything. There's no reason why Emboar and Pignite shouldn't have it, if anything, more Pokemon should have it, there's plenty that have the capability of throwing a open palm punch, including Emboar. And again, Anime follows different rules, Arm Thrust isn't useless.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

  2. #4277
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    47,849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    So basically...

    Preliminaries
    Ash : Pikachu
    Trip : Serperior
    Bianca : Emboar
    Stephan : Zebstrika
    Kotetsu : Ferrothorn
    Virgil : Vaporeon

    I wonder if Ash vs Trip will go on to the next episode or not, or if it's Bianca's battle.
    Are those the matches then? I know that Ash versus Trip was confirmed, but I'm not sure if Bianca and Stephan, and Kotetsu and Virgil are battling against each other or if their names are just listed because we know which Pokemon they'll be using in the first rounds of the tournament.

  3. #4278
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    221b Baker Street
    Posts
    11,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Kira View Post
    Are those the matches then? I know that Ash versus Trip was confirmed, but I'm not sure if Bianca and Stephan, and Kotetsu and Virgil are battling against each other or if their names are just listed because we know which Pokemon they'll be using in the first rounds of the tournament.
    there just the pokemon they will be used. We know Stephan faces someone with a Braviary and I'd guess the others face random people as well

  4. #4279
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,607

    Default

    Ooooooh. The preview looks so fancy. I like how Vaporeon does Shadow Ball. (Didn't see Virgil's debut episode yet)

  5. #4280
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Kira View Post
    Are those the matches then? I know that Ash versus Trip was confirmed, but I'm not sure if Bianca and Stephan, and Kotetsu and Virgil are battling against each other or if their names are just listed because we know which Pokemon they'll be using in the first rounds of the tournament.
    Yeah it's just the pokemon they are using in the preliminaries (top 128).



  6. #4281
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,961

    Default

    Seeing that all of the preliminary battles (except the end of Ash vs Trip) are in this episode, I hope it's not rushed.

        Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

  7. #4282
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    221b Baker Street
    Posts
    11,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    Seeing that all of the preliminary battles (except the end of Ash vs Trip) are in this episode, I hope it's not rushed.
    it may well be. Considering the meet and greet that's gonna be going on I wouldn't be surprised if we get very short battles for the rivals

  8. #4283
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,607

    Default

    Yea. The matches that the other rivals will have might be short, probably their Pokemon using a move and their opponents losing after it. Ash vs Trip will probably be the last battle.

  9. #4284
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zya View Post
    Trip had so many other Pokemon to show off and this is how they want to start the league? Disappointed. Hopefully the episodes after the league make up for that. I really want to see how trained ALL of Trip's Pokemon are.

    Apart from Trip, I hope the other battles are great too. But like I said, a Team Plasma interference in the league would be amazing. There are so many different possibilities hopefully they don't end the league in a lame way. I'll just hope for the best...
    Too bad we will never see his other pokemon lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    In Anime, anything can work for anything. There's no reason why Emboar and Pignite shouldn't have it, if anything, more Pokemon should have it, there's plenty that have the capability of throwing a open palm punch, including Emboar. And again, Anime follows different rules, Arm Thrust isn't useless.
    Why do you care for the move so much?? It really isn't shown to be anything special.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  10. #4285
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Walnut Creek
    Posts
    943

    Default

    I wonder if Ash will recognize Katherine when he gets to the badge station and if Gothita/evolved form? will try to bully Axew or something and Snivy puts her in her place. I kinda want a battle between Snivy and Gothita because Snivy seems to have a "thing" with its evolution family.. But I dont see that happening until the 3rd round or so.

    I also want Bianca to have a decent battle against that Watchog Trainer, and not that I dont like her or anything but they basically gave her a first round win by having her fight against a Normal type using a Fighting type.. I wouldnt be surprised if she was so lucky all of her matches were against

    Dark, Psychic, Normal, Grass, Bug, Ice types throughout the whole league, but then again she could surprise us and beat a Water type using Emboar like Trip did in the WTJC.
    What happens when two diffrent people connect through an unlikely adventure?
    https://www.fanfiction.net/docs/edit.php?docid=29355246
    Pokemon-BW- Dare to live?

    So how many Pokemons are there?

    Silly Jack, the plural of Pokemon is Pokemon

    Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    Pokemon: Filler Adventures and Pokemon: Rise of the Penguin respectivley.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    Now that I think about it....that poster is a horrible advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    Wow, I'm just stating that I'm uncomfortable with one of the few decent pokemon on the train wreck that is Ash's Unova team getting shafted and you accuse me of impersonating an imposter?!

  11. #4286
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,944

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Why do you care for the move so much?? It really isn't shown to be anything special.
    Not sure of his reason, but I'd like Pignite to have Arm Thrust just to give the thing a Fighting attack
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  12. #4287
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ConUxie223 View Post
    I wonder if Ash will recognize Katherine when he gets to the badge station and if Gothita/evolved form? will try to bully Axew or something and Snivy puts her in her place. I kinda want a battle between Snivy and Gothita because Snivy seems to have a "thing" with its evolution family.. But I dont see that happening until the 3rd round or so.

    I also want Bianca to have a decent battle against that Watchog Trainer, and not that I dont like her or anything but they basically gave her a first round win by having her fight against a Normal type using a Fighting type.. I wouldnt be surprised if she was so lucky all of her matches were against

    Dark, Psychic, Normal, Grass, Bug, Ice types throughout the whole league, but then again she could surprise us and beat a Water type using Emboar like Trip did in the WTJC.
    Technically Emboar can learn Scald and Wild Charge to counter water types. Also Emboar does a ****ing flip!!! The battles gonna be awesome!!
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  13. #4288
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,944

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Technically Emboar can learn Scald and Wild Charge to counter water types. Also Emboar does a ****ing flip!!! The battles gonna be awesome!!
    How does Scald help it combat Water types? Are you sure you don't mean ThunderPunch and Wild Charge?
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  14. #4289
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,607

    Default

    Maybe the burn effect?

  15. #4290
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Walnut Creek
    Posts
    943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Technically Emboar can learn Scald and Wild Charge to counter water types. Also Emboar does a ****ing flip!!! The battles gonna be awesome!!
    How will Scald help it against a water type? And I dont see how you think her battle will be good when its 1vs1 but you complain about Ash and Trip's.. How will Bianca's battle be better than there's when she has the clear advantage in terms of type? Unless Watchog knows Hypnosis then this battle will be like 4 minuets tops. And what are the chances of it knowing Wild Charge anyway? I dont think even Ms.Tactical Bianca would think ahead enough to teach if Wild Charge.
    What happens when two diffrent people connect through an unlikely adventure?
    https://www.fanfiction.net/docs/edit.php?docid=29355246
    Pokemon-BW- Dare to live?

    So how many Pokemons are there?

    Silly Jack, the plural of Pokemon is Pokemon

    Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    Pokemon: Filler Adventures and Pokemon: Rise of the Penguin respectivley.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    Now that I think about it....that poster is a horrible advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    Wow, I'm just stating that I'm uncomfortable with one of the few decent pokemon on the train wreck that is Ash's Unova team getting shafted and you accuse me of impersonating an imposter?!

  16. #4291
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    How does Scald help it combat Water types? Are you sure you don't mean ThunderPunch and Wild Charge?
    Um I'm pretty sure it can counter say a Hydro Pump lol. It's a beam type move that would stop long distance water type attacks.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  17. #4292
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,944

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YokoKurama View Post
    Maybe the burn effect?
    Most Water types use special moves, plus burn is never ensured

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Um I'm pretty sure it can counter say a Hydro Pump lol. It's a beam type move that would stop long distance water type attacks.
    Why can't a powerful Flamethrower stop the attack? It's not like this show cares for logic or anything
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  18. #4293
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Um I'm pretty sure it can counter say a Hydro Pump lol. It's a beam type move that would stop long distance water type attacks.
    Oh now I see. But, if he were to use Flamethrower, it would create steam. Well, it depends on what move is being used and what Pokemon is using it.

  19. #4294
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ConUxie223 View Post
    How will Scald help it against a water type? And I dont see how you think her battle will be good when its 1vs1 but you complain about Ash and Trip's.. How will Bianca's battle be better than there's when she has the clear advantage in terms of type? Unless Watchog knows Hypnosis then this battle will be like 4 minuets tops. And what are the chances of it knowing Wild Charge anyway? I dont think even Ms.Tactical Bianca would think ahead enough to teach if Wild Charge.
    Trip is Ash's MAIN RIVAL. They are supposed to battle later with many more pokemon. Plus they are just over glorifying the rat and Haxperior some more so it's not all that exciting.

    Emboar goes upside down, that's why it is epic lol. Plus she is actually battling someone random like your supposed to do in the prelims.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  20. #4295
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ConUxie223 View Post
    ? I dont think even Ms.Tactical Bianca would think ahead enough to teach if Wild Charge.
    Ms. Tactical Bianca has nothing to with that.

    The writers on the other hand don't think ahead to teach versatile moves to Ash's Pokémon, or other people's Pokémon, with maybe a few exceptions (like Iris's Dragonite, or Ash's Gliscor).
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  21. #4296
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Walnut Creek
    Posts
    943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Ms. Tactical Bianca has nothing to with that.

    The writers on the other hand don't think ahead to teach versatile moves to Ash's Pokémon, or other people's Pokémon, with maybe a few exceptions (like Iris's Dragonite, or Ash's Gliscor).
    What? Yeah, if wanna think about it like that no character has a say in what the writers do because their fictional but in the Pokemon world I'm saying I dont Bianca would go out of her way to teach him Wild Charge when he cant legit learn that on his own, unlike Dragonite who can learn Thunderpunch, Flamethrower, and Ice Beam on his own..

    @Robert- Yet you dont complain when Bianca uses Emboar for the umpteenth time -___- And we dont know if this is their last battle so maybe its a set up for something bigger and better in the filler saga And Emboar goes upside down? Are you kidding or being serious? XD
    Last edited by ConUxie223; 16th November 2012 at 3:26 AM.
    What happens when two diffrent people connect through an unlikely adventure?
    https://www.fanfiction.net/docs/edit.php?docid=29355246
    Pokemon-BW- Dare to live?

    So how many Pokemons are there?

    Silly Jack, the plural of Pokemon is Pokemon

    Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    Pokemon: Filler Adventures and Pokemon: Rise of the Penguin respectivley.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    Now that I think about it....that poster is a horrible advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    Wow, I'm just stating that I'm uncomfortable with one of the few decent pokemon on the train wreck that is Ash's Unova team getting shafted and you accuse me of impersonating an imposter?!

  22. #4297
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ConUxie223 View Post
    What? Yeah, if wanna think about it like that no character has a say in what the writers do because their fictional but in the Pokemon world I'm saying I dont Bianca would go out of her way to teach him Wild Charge when he cant legit learn that on his own, unlike Dragonite who can learn Thunderpunch, Flamethrower, and Ice Beam on his own..
    Minccino and his Thunderbolt would like to talk to you -_-.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  23. #4298
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Walnut Creek
    Posts
    943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Minccino and his Thunderbolt would like to talk to you -_-.
    Minccino can be seen as her electric type if you want to put it like that. So if she would ever need to battle a Water type then she would use him unless she has a Grass type that we dont know about. Emboar would be a foolish choice no matter how you look at it because Water is super effective against him so why would Bianca choose him? Thats all I'm saying.
    What happens when two diffrent people connect through an unlikely adventure?
    https://www.fanfiction.net/docs/edit.php?docid=29355246
    Pokemon-BW- Dare to live?

    So how many Pokemons are there?

    Silly Jack, the plural of Pokemon is Pokemon

    Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    Pokemon: Filler Adventures and Pokemon: Rise of the Penguin respectivley.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    Now that I think about it....that poster is a horrible advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    Wow, I'm just stating that I'm uncomfortable with one of the few decent pokemon on the train wreck that is Ash's Unova team getting shafted and you accuse me of impersonating an imposter?!

  24. #4299
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ConUxie223 View Post
    What? Yeah, if wanna think about it like that no character has a say in what the writers do because their fictional but in the Pokemon world I'm saying I dont Bianca would go out of her way to teach him Wild Charge when he cant legit learn that on his own, unlike Dragonite who can learn Thunderpunch, Flamethrower, and Ice Beam on his own..

    @Robert- Yet you dont complain when Bianca uses Emboar for the umpteenth time -___- And we dont know if this is their last battle so maybe its a set up for something bigger and better in the filler saga And Emboar goes upside down? Are you kidding or being serious? XD
    No what I was implying the writers are more stupid then the actual characters. I could easily believe in universe, the actual characters would teach unique moves to their Pokémon if they can learn it.

    You can't tell me in-universe it makes any sense for Oshawott, Snivy and Pignite to have 3 of attack of their type. There's no versatility whatsoever.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  25. #4300
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ConUxie223 View Post
    What? Yeah, if wanna think about it like that no character has a say in what the writers do because their fictional but in the Pokemon world I'm saying I dont Bianca would go out of her way to teach him Wild Charge when he cant legit learn that on his own, unlike Dragonite who can learn Thunderpunch, Flamethrower, and Ice Beam on his own..

    @Robert- Yet you dont complain when Bianca uses Emboar for the umpteenth time -___- And we dont know if this is their last battle so maybe its a set up for something bigger and better in the filler saga And Emboar goes upside down? Are you kidding or being serious? XD
    Because Emboar hasn't been shown to be unbeatable one moment then not the next lol. His power level is stable. Emboar is showing that he is much more nimble then we thought. A pokemon of his weight going upside down to dodge a move is pretty damn cool.

    Quote Originally Posted by ConUxie223 View Post
    Minccino can be seen as her electric type if you want to put it like that. So if she would ever need to battle a Water type then she would use him unless she has a Grass type that we dont know about. Emboar would be a foolish choice no matter how you look at it because Water is super effective against him so why would Bianca choose him? Thats all I'm saying.
    You keep going back on what your saying, first you say the writers can't be creative with moves and then when I give you an example you start talking about other stuff -_-.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Page 172 of 180 FirstFirst ... 72122162168169170171172173174175176 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •