Page 172 of 180 FirstFirst ... 72122162168169170171172173174175176 ... LastLast
Results 4,276 to 4,300 of 4477

Thread: BWS2-19 Unova League Begins [FIRST POST UPDATED 11/8]

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Except the only time Arm Thrust really worked was as a move blocker back in Hoenn. It really is a move made specifically for Hariyama because it works best with that line. Really the Emboar line shouldn't even have it. With all the other fighting moves Emboar can learn, this one is pretty useless.
    In Anime, anything can work for anything. There's no reason why Emboar and Pignite shouldn't have it, if anything, more Pokemon should have it, there's plenty that have the capability of throwing a open palm punch, including Emboar. And again, Anime follows different rules, Arm Thrust isn't useless.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    So basically...

Preliminaries
    Ash : Pikachu
    Trip : Serperior
    Bianca : Emboar
    Stephan : Zebstrika
    Kotetsu : Ferrothorn
    Virgil : Vaporeon

I wonder if Ash vs Trip will go on to the next episode or not, or if it's Bianca's battle.
    Are those the matches then? I know that Ash versus Trip was confirmed, but I'm not sure if Bianca and Stephan, and Kotetsu and Virgil are battling against each other or if their names are just listed because we know which Pokemon they'll be using in the first rounds of the tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Kira View Post
    Are those the matches then? I know that Ash versus Trip was confirmed, but I'm not sure if Bianca and Stephan, and Kotetsu and Virgil are battling against each other or if their names are just listed because we know which Pokemon they'll be using in the first rounds of the tournament.
    there just the pokemon they will be used. We know Stephan faces someone with a Braviary and I'd guess the others face random people as well

Ooooooh. The preview looks so fancy. I like how Vaporeon does Shadow Ball. (Didn't see Virgil's debut episode yet)

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Kira View Post
    Yeah it's just the pokemon they are using in the preliminaries (top 128).

Seeing that all of the preliminary battles (except the end of Ash vs Trip) are in this episode, I hope it's not rushed.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    Seeing that all of the preliminary battles (except the end of Ash vs Trip) are in this episode, I hope it's not rushed.
    it may well be. Considering the meet and greet that's gonna be going on I wouldn't be surprised if we get very short battles for the rivals

Yea. The matches that the other rivals will have might be short, probably their Pokemon using a move and their opponents losing after it. Ash vs Trip will probably be the last battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Zya View Post
    Trip had so many other Pokemon to show off and this is how they want to start the league? Disappointed. Hopefully the episodes after the league make up for that. I really want to see how trained ALL of Trip's Pokemon are.

Apart from Trip, I hope the other battles are great too. But like I said, a Team Plasma interference in the league would be amazing. There are so many different possibilities hopefully they don't end the league in a lame way. I'll just hope for the best...
    Too bad we will never see his other pokemon lol.

Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    In Anime, anything can work for anything. There's no reason why Emboar and Pignite shouldn't have it, if anything, more Pokemon should have it, there's plenty that have the capability of throwing a open palm punch, including Emboar. And again, Anime follows different rules, Arm Thrust isn't useless.
    Why do you care for the move so much?? It really isn't shown to be anything special.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

I wonder if Ash will recognize Katherine when he gets to the badge station and if Gothita/evolved form? will try to bully Axew or something and Snivy puts her in her place. I kinda want a battle between Snivy and Gothita because Snivy seems to have a "thing" with its evolution family.. But I dont see that happening until the 3rd round or so.

I also want Bianca to have a decent battle against that Watchog Trainer, and not that I dont like her or anything but they basically gave her a first round win by having her fight against a Normal type using a Fighting type.. I wouldnt be surprised if she was so lucky all of her matches were against

Dark, Psychic, Normal, Grass, Bug, Ice types throughout the whole league, but then again she could surprise us and beat a Water type using Emboar like Trip did in the WTJC.
    What happens when two diffrent people connect through an unlikely adventure?
    https://www.fanfiction.net/docs/edit.php?docid=29355246
    Pokemon-BW- Dare to live?

So how many Pokemons are there?

Silly Jack, the plural of Pokemon is Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    Pokemon: Filler Adventures and Pokemon: Rise of the Penguin respectivley.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    Now that I think about it....that poster is a horrible advertisement
    Wow, I'm just stating that I'm uncomfortable with one of the few decent pokemon on the train wreck that is Ash's Unova team getting shafted and you accuse me of impersonating an imposter?!

Why do you care for the move so much?? It really isn't shown to be anything special.
    Not sure of his reason, but I'd like Pignite to have Arm Thrust just to give the thing a Fighting attack
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by ConUxie223 View Post
    I wonder if Ash will recognize Katherine when he gets to the badge station and if Gothita/evolved form? will try to bully Axew or something and Snivy puts her in her place. I kinda want a battle between Snivy and Gothita because Snivy seems to have a "thing" with its evolution family.. But I dont see that happening until the 3rd round or so.

I also want Bianca to have a decent battle against that Watchog Trainer, and not that I dont like her or anything but they basically gave her a first round win by having her fight against a Normal type using a Fighting type.. I wouldnt be surprised if she was so lucky all of her matches were against

Dark, Psychic, Normal, Grass, Bug, Ice types throughout the whole league, but then again she could surprise us and beat a Water type using Emboar like Trip did in the WTJC.
    Technically Emboar can learn Scald and Wild Charge to counter water types. Also Emboar does a ****ing flip!!! The battles gonna be awesome!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Technically Emboar can learn Scald and Wild Charge to counter water types. Also Emboar does a ****ing flip!!! The battles gonna be awesome!!
    How does Scald help it combat Water types? Are you sure you don't mean ThunderPunch and Wild Charge?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Maybe the burn effect?

How will Scald help it against a water type? And I dont see how you think her battle will be good when its 1vs1 but you complain about Ash and Trip's.. How will Bianca's battle be better than there's when she has the clear advantage in terms of type? Unless Watchog knows Hypnosis then this battle will be like 4 minuets tops. And what are the chances of it knowing Wild Charge anyway? I dont think even Ms.Tactical Bianca would think ahead enough to teach if Wild Charge.

Wow, I'm just stating that I'm uncomfortable with one of the few decent pokemon on the train wreck that is Ash's Unova team getting shafted and you accuse me of impersonating an imposter?!

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    How does Scald help it combat Water types? Are you sure you don't mean ThunderPunch and Wild Charge?
    Um I'm pretty sure it can counter say a Hydro Pump lol. It's a beam type move that would stop long distance water type attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by YokoKurama View Post
    Maybe the burn effect?
    Most Water types use special moves, plus burn is never ensured

Um I'm pretty sure it can counter say a Hydro Pump lol. It's a beam type move that would stop long distance water type attacks.
    Why can't a powerful Flamethrower stop the attack? It's not like this show cares for logic or anything

Oh now I see. But, if he were to use Flamethrower, it would create steam. Well, it depends on what move is being used and what Pokemon is using it.

How will Scald help it against a water type? And I dont see how you think her battle will be good when its 1vs1 but you complain about Ash and Trip's.. How will Bianca's battle be better than there's when she has the clear advantage in terms of type? Unless Watchog knows Hypnosis then this battle will be like 4 minuets tops. And what are the chances of it knowing Wild Charge anyway? I dont think even Ms.Tactical Bianca would think ahead enough to teach if Wild Charge.
    Trip is Ash's MAIN RIVAL. They are supposed to battle later with many more pokemon. Plus they are just over glorifying the rat and Haxperior some more so it's not all that exciting.

Emboar goes upside down, that's why it is epic lol. Plus she is actually battling someone random like your supposed to do in the prelims.

? I dont think even Ms.Tactical Bianca would think ahead enough to teach if Wild Charge.
    Ms. Tactical Bianca has nothing to with that.

The writers on the other hand don't think ahead to teach versatile moves to Ash's Pokémon, or other people's Pokémon, with maybe a few exceptions (like Iris's Dragonite, or Ash's Gliscor).
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Ms. Tactical Bianca has nothing to with that.

The writers on the other hand don't think ahead to teach versatile moves to Ash's Pokémon, or other people's Pokémon, with maybe a few exceptions (like Iris's Dragonite, or Ash's Gliscor).
    What? Yeah, if wanna think about it like that no character has a say in what the writers do because their fictional but in the Pokemon world I'm saying I dont Bianca would go out of her way to teach him Wild Charge when he cant legit learn that on his own, unlike Dragonite who can learn Thunderpunch, Flamethrower, and Ice Beam on his own..

@Robert- Yet you dont complain when Bianca uses Emboar for the umpteenth time -___- And we dont know if this is their last battle so maybe its a set up for something bigger and better in the filler saga And Emboar goes upside down? Are you kidding or being serious? XD
    Last edited by ConUxie223; 16th November 2012 at 3:26 AM.

What? Yeah, if wanna think about it like that no character has a say in what the writers do because their fictional but in the Pokemon world I'm saying I dont Bianca would go out of her way to teach him Wild Charge when he cant legit learn that on his own, unlike Dragonite who can learn Thunderpunch, Flamethrower, and Ice Beam on his own..
    Minccino and his Thunderbolt would like to talk to you -_-.

Minccino and his Thunderbolt would like to talk to you -_-.
    Minccino can be seen as her electric type if you want to put it like that. So if she would ever need to battle a Water type then she would use him unless she has a Grass type that we dont know about. Emboar would be a foolish choice no matter how you look at it because Water is super effective against him so why would Bianca choose him? Thats all I'm saying.

@Robert- Yet you dont complain when Bianca uses Emboar for the umpteenth time -___- And we dont know if this is their last battle so maybe its a set up for something bigger and better in the filler saga And Emboar goes upside down? Are you kidding or being serious? XD
    No what I was implying the writers are more stupid then the actual characters. I could easily believe in universe, the actual characters would teach unique moves to their Pokémon if they can learn it.

You can't tell me in-universe it makes any sense for Oshawott, Snivy and Pignite to have 3 of attack of their type. There's no versatility whatsoever.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Because Emboar hasn't been shown to be unbeatable one moment then not the next lol. His power level is stable. Emboar is showing that he is much more nimble then we thought. A pokemon of his weight going upside down to dodge a move is pretty damn cool.

Minccino can be seen as her electric type if you want to put it like that. So if she would ever need to battle a Water type then she would use him unless she has a Grass type that we dont know about. Emboar would be a foolish choice no matter how you look at it because Water is super effective against him so why would Bianca choose him? Thats all I'm saying.
    You keep going back on what your saying, first you say the writers can't be creative with moves and then when I give you an example you start talking about other stuff -_-.

Page 172 of 180 FirstFirst ... 72122162168169170171172173174175176 ... LastLast