Page 124 of 180 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134174 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,100 of 4477

Thread: BWS2-19 Unova League Begins [FIRST POST UPDATED 11/8]

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    because we're surrounded by people who apparently don't want more traditions broken joltik--;

seriously do people actually like predictablity?
    Im just mad we don't get a 6 v 6 battle with Trip. Poor Tranquill, Frillish, and Lampent have probably been forgotten about. Chances are Trip will use the same Pokemon in this episode as their third battle.

the one thing that annoyed me to death about Barry was that no one pointed out to him how relying on one pokemon ain't the best way to handle things.

I'm willing to give Bianca the benefit of the doubt though since if she actually earns all of her badges (We know Barry simply took a handout from Volkner) that would be a good difference start point, because so far i've veiwed her as a female Barry.

Quote Originally Posted by Endoplasmic Reticulum View Post
    Im just mad we don't get a 6 v 6 battle with Trip. Poor Tranquill, Frillish, and Lampent have probably been forgotten about. Chances are Trip will use the same Pokemon in this episode as their third battle.
    The only other pokemon Trip has that makes him stand out is Conkeldurr, all of his other guys have been seen or used by other people at some point so it doesn't matter if he uses em or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Endoplasmic Reticulum View Post
    I agree. I was really looking forward to see Ash and Trip have a full battle. Ash and Gary got one and Ash and Paul got two. Why can't Ash and Trip get a full battle as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Cresselia92 View Post
    But after seeing Trip being the first rival faced by Ash, I'm ready to expect the unexpected.
    If your suggesting Ash faces all his rivals (and I'm not claiming that you are) then people who were saying this league was gonna be so original since Ash fights Trip first were obviously not thinking clearly. I mean this because it's totally predictable that Ash would fight all his rivals, with the only odd occurrance being his "Main" rival exiting in the first round (like the first two tournaments). That being said, Trip mustn't be as strong as he claims to be and that just makes Ash look worst for not beating him anytime before the league. The tie was pathetic when you realize Tepig had every advantage as Vanillite only knew Ice type moves.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    I agree. I was really looking forward to see Ash and Trip have a full battle. Ash and Gary got one and Ash and Paul got two. Why can't Ash and Trip get a full battle as well?
    It's always possible that the writers are planning to make them have a full battle after the league in some sort of filler arc (Assuming they'll be one)? ^^; Not likely, but possible. ^^;
    MMing: Espurr, 90 eggs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Good. You can never understand the mindset of a woman.

her Emboar has yes, but what about her other pokemon.

She has the same problem Barry did, too much reliance on her starter and that could come back to bite her badly.
    Not exclusive to Bianca though. Stephan and Trip are in the same boat. Sawk & Serperior have been focused on much more then there others

The only other pokemon Trip has that makes him stand out is Conkeldurr, all of his other guys have been seen or used by other people at some point so it doesn't matter if he uses em or not.
    I just get annoyed when we see a character using a Pokemon in an episode, then we never see it again. It annoyed me when they did it with Barry too.

Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    Not exclusive to Bianca though. Stephan and Trip are in the same boat. Sawk & Serperior have been focused on much more then there others
    You got me with Sawk... but Trip's Serperior just showed up not too long ago. For a while, it was all about the Timburr family
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    Stephan's used Zebstrika a few times, and Trip has used his other pokemon as well.

Bianca's only wins come from her Pignite/Emboar, none of her other pokemon have contributed anything to her team.

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    You got me with Sawk... but Trip's Serperior just showed up not too long ago. For a while, it was all about the Timburr family
    Seperior is the very reason Trip needs to be eliminated in the shortest battle format possible, if multiple pokemon were allowed everyone else would be slaughtered. Pikachu is the only one who can stop the Sonic snake.

Should've colored Serperior Blue...and given it spikes.

Well, since she's a beginner, it seems understandable. But, Trip is too, but he does research and stuff. Bianca's just different.

Stephan's used Zebstrika a few times, and Trip has used his other pokemon as well.

Bianca's only wins come from her Pignite/Emboar, none of her other pokemon have contributed anything to her team.
    Technically, Escavalier did beat Ash's Boldore

Technically, Escavalier did beat Ash's Boldore
    Then "techinically" got beaten by Crustle alongside Accelgor.

Then "techinically" got beaten by Crustle alongside Accelgor.
    It was a short lived victory I know... but a win is a win

If your suggesting Ash faces all his rivals (and I'm not claiming that you are) then people who were saying this league was gonna be so original since Ash fights Trip first were obviously not thinking clearly. I mean this because it's totally predictable that Ash would fight all his rivals, with the only odd occurrance being his "Main" rival exiting in the first round (like the first two tournaments). That being said, Trip mustn't be as strong as he claims to be and that just makes Ash look worst for not beating him anytime before the league. The tie was pathetic when you realize Tepig had every advantage as Vanillite only knew Ice type moves.
    I don't think Ash will face all his rivals. I think the writers will pull another "Paul vs Barry" (Bianca against Stephan? Kotetsu against Virgil?).

Um... I kinda agree about the tie, but it seems that the writers don't really want to show Ash beating a rival before the League (mainly to hype him, so we have the "satisfaction" to see him out later). And let's face it... when the writers cared about the "Pokemon with the advantaged type should win against the Pokemon with disadvantaged type", excluding the Excadrill vs Pikachu match? XD
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

So...what Pokemon do you guys think Ash will use? I'm thinking the same as their third battle (honestly this just sounds a repeat of it), except MAYBE swap Pikachu with one of them, maybe Snivy.

Inb4 Palpitoed, Boldore, and Leavanny

To me this is about Serperior's rediculious Sonic speed build up.

to demolish Pignite and two other fire pokemon with ease because of said speed, shows me Pikachu is the best choice to go in and fight because of static to slow it down enough to kill it, and in one on one, Serperior can't get away from being paralyzed.

I don't think Ash will face all his rivals. I think the writers will pull another "Paul vs Barry" (Bianca against Stephan? Kotetsu against Virgil?).

Um... I kinda agree about the tie, but it seems that the writers don't really want to show Ash beating a rival before the League (mainly to hype him, so we have the "satisfaction" to see him out later). And let's face it... when the writers cared about the "Pokemon with the advantaged type should win against the Pokemon with disadvantaged type", excluding the Excadrill vs Pikachu match? XD
    What in the world are you talking about? Joltik is absolutely right in what he is saying. The whole never beating your main rival until the League worked with Paul and Gary because they ended up proving how strong they were at the League and throughout the saga. This is going to be the thrid time Trip loses in the first round. And Ash constantly loses to this guy. Poor writing.

I think Ash will use Pikachu, and Snivy, but last I don't know.

What in the world are you talking about? Joltik is absolutely right in what he is saying. The whole never beating your main rival until the League worked with Paul and Gary because they ended up proving how strong they were at the League and throughout the saga. This is going to be the thrid time Trip loses in the first round. And Ash constantly loses to this guy. Poor writing.
    Gary was basically on the same level with Ash. They started the same day and faced each other in Johto. Check.

Paul has traveled in the same regions as Ash and has participated to the same Leagues as Ash, so experience-wise they're even. Check.

Trip is a beginner and as such lost many times in the past, except against Ash. But... he is still a (experienced) beginner, so losing early make somewhat sense. Check.

And I'm not contradicting Joltik-Kid, I agree with what he said. I only added some things to what he said.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}

Quote Originally Posted by YokoKurama View Post
    I think Ash will use Pikachu, and Snivy, but last I don't know.
    I personally think Krookodile has a good change of being used in the battle since it's proven to be a really good Pokemon. ^_^ Just my opinion though, ignore it if you wish to ^^; Pignite has a good chance of being used to I think.
    MMing: Espurr, 90 eggs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Good. You can never understand the mindset of a woman.

Gary was basically on the same level with Ash. They started the same day and faced each other in Johto. Check.

Paul has traveled in the same regions as Ash and has participated to the same Leagues as Ash, so experience-wise they're even. Check.

Trip is a beginner and as such lost many times in the past, except against Ash. But... he is still a (experienced) beginner, so losing early make somewhat sense. Check.

And I'm not contradicting Joltik-Kid, I agree with what he said. I only added some things to what he said.
    Do you even understand what I am saying? Gary and Paul were never shown as weak so Ash constantly losing to them wasn't a big deal. Trip is a beginning trainer who not only lost in the first round of many tournaments but also keeps beating Ash. Trip is shown as weak most of the time so him beating Ash doesn't make Ash look good. I don't even think you understand what I'm trying to say.

^do you mean "him losing" to Ash?

Quote Originally Posted by SapphireIris View Post
    I personally think Krookodile has a good change of being used in the battle since it's proven to be a really good Pokemon. ^_^ Just my opinion though, ignore it if you wish to ^^; Pignite has a good chance of being used to I think.
    I thought about that. I'm in leaning between Krookodile and Scraggy.

Do you even understand what I am saying? Gary and Paul were never shown as weak so Ash constantly losing to them wasn't a big deal. Trip is a beginning trainer who not only lost in the first round of many tournaments but also keeps beating Ash. Trip is shown as weak most of the time so him beating Ash doesn't make Ash look good. I don't even think you understand what I'm trying to say.
    Oh, now I understand what you meant. I was a bit confused by your previous post. *scratches head*

Well, I don't know. BW is already quite messed up, but we all know that. Unfortunately, we have to accept what the writers feed us.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Oh, now I understand what you meant. I was a bit confused by your previous post. *scratches head*

Well, I don't know. BW is already quite messed up, but we all know that. Unfortunately, we have to accept what the writers feed us.
    Confused by my other post? That's strange.

This is the first time BW went downhill. I thought it was really good until now. Some elements of BW were brilliant (TR for example).

Page 124 of 180 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134174 ... LastLast