Page 125 of 180 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135175 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,125 of 4477

Thread: BWS2-19 Unova League Begins [FIRST POST UPDATED 11/8]

I wonder if we'll see the torch before the battle. I want to see the Flame of Victory. ^^
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

Quote Originally Posted by Cresselia92 View Post
    Oh, now I understand what you meant. I was a bit confused by your previous post. *scratches head*

Well, I don't know. BW is already quite messed up, but we all know that. Unfortunately, we have to accept what the writers feed us.

Confused by my other post? That's strange.

This is the first time BW went downhill. I thought it was really good until now. Some elements of BW were brilliant (TR for example)

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    ^do you mean "him losing" to Ash?
    I mean Ash constantly losing to Trip makes Ash look bad because Trip is seen as weak in most of the tournaments he enters.

I wonder if we'll see the torch before the battle. I want to see the Flame of Victory. ^^
    You said that already XD

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    I mean Ash constantly losing to Trip makes Ash look bad because Trip is seen as weak in most of the tournaments he enters.
    Thing is Trip battled other people with a different guy, not really enough to prove to me Ash looks bad, because Ash is battling the other pokemon who won Trip the previous tournament, not the one that made him lose.
    Last edited by Almighty Zard; 26th October 2012 at 8:14 PM.

Thing is Trip battled other people with a different guy, not really enough to prove to me Ash looks bad, because he's battling the other pokemon who won Trip the previous tournament, not the one that made him lose.
    You have a good point there. Ash didn't lose to Conkeldurr for example which would have made him look really bad since Conkeldurr constantly lost in the Don Battle Tournaments. So yeah, I see where you are coming from.

You said that already XD
    That's because I think it suits the League perfectly, a place where you aim to the victory. But a blue Flame of Truth, to see who is the true Champion, is welcome in my book.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}

That's because I think it suits the League perfectly, a place where you aim to the victory. But a blue Flame of Truth, to see who is the true Champion, is welcome in my book.
    Oh, you mean like how Virgil will aim to victory and how he will be the true champion? XD

Oh, you mean like how [insert name here, Ash excluded! XD] will aim to victory and how (s)he will be the true champion? XD
    Yeah, exactly that! XD
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Should've colored Serperior Blue...and given it spikes.
    I do find it ridiculous that they're making out Serperior to be the fastest Grass type starter when Sceptile in the game beats it out by 7 in the speed category (Serperior's base speed is 113 while Sceptile's is 120) Plus it's weird that something without legs is that insanely fast. Hell, Serperior is the Ninjask of Unova apparently (even though that honor should really go to Accelgor)

I don't think Ash will face all his rivals. I think the writers will pull another "Paul vs Barry" (Bianca against Stephan? Kotetsu against Virgil?).

Um... I kinda agree about the tie, but it seems that the writers don't really want to show Ash beating a rival before the League (mainly to hype him, so we have the "satisfaction" to see him out later). And let's face it... when the writers cared about the "Pokemon with the advantaged type should win against the Pokemon with disadvantaged type", excluding the Excadrill vs Pikachu match? XD
    I didn't think you were, but a good majority I feel want that to happen, as if it were a sin for Ash to face a CoTD.

I don't feel satisfied with this though... sure Ash is taking out Trip's most "hyped" Pokemon, but I don't know why he couldn't do it earlier, especially when people he had already beaten once before were knocking Trip around like he was a toothpick. I think I gotta agree with Cyber on Ash winning the league, because as far as we know, all of Ash's rivals are clearly newcomers. Let's face it, Pikachu is never gonna be allowed to beat a Ground/Steel type Pokemon until the day he learns Brick Break (which likely will be never)
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    I didn't think you were, but a good majority I feel want that to happen, as if it were a sin for Ash to face a CoTD.

I don't feel satisfied with this though... sure Ash is taking out Trip's most "hyped" Pokemon, but I don't know why he couldn't do it earlier, especially when people he had already beaten once before were knocking Trip around like he was a toothpick. I think I gotta agree with Cyber on Ash winning the league, because as far as we know, all of Ash's rivals are clearly newcomers. Let's face it, Pikachu is never gonna be allowed to beat a Ground/Steel type Pokemon until the day he learns Brick Break (which likely will be never)
    Yeah, I have to agree. But remember that in all cases he used Timburr and evos (he even lost against Oshawott, mind you. Not that Oshawott is weak, but still...) and for some reason they treated him as a punching bag. Maybe the writers decided to "sacrifice" a Pokemon so that his starter would appear stronger later?
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Yeah, I have to agree. But remember that in all cases he used Timburr and evos (he even lost against Oshawott, mind you. Not that Oshawott is weak, but still...) and for some reason they treated him as a punching bag. Maybe the writers decided to "sacrifice" a Pokemon so that his starter would appear stronger later?
    Leave Oshawott alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ling ling porridge View Post
    I don't know why some of you guys see Bianca as a threat to Ash, maybe it's because she's well liked on here. She won't get any further than the top 16, imo.
    If Ash is suppose to be a veteran and thus the whole reason he's allowed to beat Trip in Round 1... then he sure as hell can beat all his rivals with that logic as they are all rookies to our knowledge (only Virgil has yet to show us if he's participated in a few leagues of his own)
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Leave Oshawott alone.
    I'm not attacking Oshawott, only pointing out a fact. No need to take that so personally. I think that Oshawott has potential and he'll show that at the League.
    Last edited by Cresselia92; 26th October 2012 at 8:37 PM.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

I'm not attacking Oshawott, only pointing out a fact. No need to take that so personally. I think that Oshawott has potential and he'll show that at the League.
    Alright, good. You better not attack Oshawott

because we're surrounded by people who apparently don't want more traditions broken joltik--;

seriously do people actually like predictablity?
    Cuz there is good predictability then really bad changes lol.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Cuz there is good predictability then really bad changes lol.
    Eh... it's gonna happen. As I said, somehow I feel this was the experiment series

Eh... it's gonna happen. As I said, somehow I feel this was the experiment series
    It could be, they broke many rules. Well, we'll see at the end how it turned out.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Every series lol. With Johto they experimented with getting rid of the Kanto gang.

Hoenn they experimented with just the core six pokemon.

Sinnoh they experimented with Trollbias and a second Pikachu...

They all experiment.
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Tobias was not an experiment. He was a last second creation to beat Ash in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Endoplasmic Reticulum View Post
    Tobias was not an experiment. He was a last second creation to beat Ash in the league.
    Still an experiment at it was different then the pervious leagues.

Still an experiment at it was different then the pervious leagues.
    All experiments, yes. And like the lab ones, some turn out good and some turn out bad.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

All experiments, yes. And like the lab ones, some turn out good and some turn out bad.
    Yep just like this fail experiment lol.

Every series lol. With Johto they experimented with getting rid of the Kanto gang.

Hoenn they experimented with just the core six pokemon.

Sinnoh they experimented with Trollbias and a second Pikachu...

They all experiment.
    This one was taken to an extreme then :P

Yep, pretty much lol.

Stephan should be the paul of unova. Ie the guy who uses absurdedly powerful non legendary pokemon that seem to have 999 in all stats for no discernable reason. I was gonna hope trip got that honor but that ship has long sailed lol.

And it's not just the anime, Generation V as a whole has been nothing but twists:

Video Games:
    * First time since Gen I where a Pokédex contained only pokémon from that generation
    * First time the third game to a series was a direct sequel instead of a remake
    * First time where we get the pokémart inside the pokémon center
    * All the stat, EV. & IV changes
    * First time we get two rivals in a game
    * First time where a gym has three different gym leaders
    * First time poison doesn't affect your pokémon outside of battle
    * First time pokémon sprites moved all the time in battle
    *I'd go on but I'm worried this would make my post too long

Trading Card Games:
    * Introduction to Dragon-Type cards

Online:
    * First time we can go online and catch pokémon with different abilities
    * First time we get special internet events

Quote Originally Posted by ludiloco View Post
    And that coordinator that won the Hoenn Grand Festivl whose name I don't remember.
    That coordinator's name is Robert
    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...rt_%28Hoenn%29
    Last edited by Mr.Munchlax; 26th October 2012 at 10:32 PM.

Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Stopping the battle with Tierno after Tyrunt started acting a little out of control
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

Page 125 of 180 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135175 ... LastLast