Page 126 of 180 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136176 ... LastLast
Results 3,126 to 3,150 of 4477

Thread: BWS2-19 Unova League Begins [FIRST POST UPDATED 11/8]

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    And it's not just the anime, Generation V as a whole has been nothing but twists:

Video Games:
    * First time since Gen I where a Pokédex contained only pokémon from that generation
    * First time the third game to a series was a direct sequel instead of a remake
    * First time where we get the pokémart inside the pokémon center
    * All the stat, EV. & IV changes
    * First time we get two rivals in a game
    * First time where a gym has three different gym leaders
    * First time poison doesn't affect your pokémon outside of battle
    * First time pokémon sprites moved all the time in battle
    *I'd go on but I'm worried this would make my post too long

Trading Card Games:
    * Introduction to Dragon-Type cards

Online:
    * First time we can go online and catch pokémon with different abilities
    * First time we get special internet events

That coordinator's name is Robert
    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...rt_%28Hoenn%29
    Yes, but everything you mentioned has a positive effect on Pokemon. Best Wishes leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    And it's not just the anime, Generation V as a whole has been nothing but twists:

Video Games:
    * First time since Gen I where a Pokédex contained only pokémon from that generation
    * First time the third game to a series was a direct sequel instead of a remake
    * First time where we get the pokémart inside the pokémon center
    * All the stat, EV. & IV changes
    * First time we get two rivals in a game
    * First time where a gym has three different gym leaders
    * First time poison doesn't affect your pokémon outside of battle
    * First time pokémon sprites moved all the time in battle
    *I'd go on but I'm worried this would make my post too long

Trading Card Games:
    * Introduction to Dragon-Type cards

Online:
    * First time we can go online and catch pokémon with different abilities
    * First time we get special internet events
    Don't forget the manga as well. Pokémon Adventures had, for example, Gigi (Tepig) actually leaving White thanks to N and Musharna leaving Black. I don't think it ever happened that Pokémon willingly left their trainers until gen 5, right?

But I do have to agree with Joltik-Kid. While gen 5 brought a lot of exciting and creative stuff into this franchise, the anime didn't handle it as well. I love the fact that they experimented with many new things, but some stuff just didn't work out. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Ling ling porridge View Post
    I don't know why some of you guys see Bianca as a threat to Ash, maybe it's because she's well liked on here. She won't get any further than the top 16, imo.
    Here a reason why she could be a threat.If bianca is in this league that means she's managed to get 8 gym badges looking at how badly she did agianst Elesa,in order to get 8 badges she probably would've had to get much stronger and catch at least 3 more pokemon.Her emboar was shown to be reasonably powerful at the tournament,we know escavalier was at least powerful enough to battle with boldore and crustle and mincinno was also shown to be improving(learning andattack like thunderbolt) but how much the pokemon she has will have improved and we don't know how strong the rest of her team will be and if they are powerful she could be tough.

Quote Originally Posted by Luthor View Post
    Here a reason why she could be a threat.If bianca is in this league that means she's managed to get 8 gym badges looking at how badly she did agianst Elesa,in order to get 8 badges she probably would've had to get much stronger and catch at least 3 more pokemon.Her emboar was shown to be reasonably powerful at the tournament,we know escavalier was at least powerful enough to battle with boldore and crustle and mincinno was also shown to be improving(learning andattack like thunderbolt) but how much the pokemon she has will have improved and we don't know how strong the rest of her team will be and if they are powerful she could be tough.
    She's a rookie like Trip... Trip won 8 badges, so why is he losing in the First Round to Ash? You see how crazy that sounds to make Bianca a threat
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

If Ash were to lose, then people would go nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    She's a rookie like Trip... Trip won 8 badges, so why is he losing in the First Round to Ash? You see how crazy that sounds to make Bianca a threat
    Firstly we don't have it confirmed yet that Ash will beat Trip though i do think its likely.Secondly i don't think anyone has said that Ash will easily beat Trip he too will be a threat just one that ash manages to ovecome.Thirdly Ash is effectivley a rookie in this tournament all his pokemon excluding pikachu(which is a frail species) were caught since his unova journey started some of which are still unevolved(if he was shown to use some of his older pokemon that would be a different matter entirely) Forthly Bianca may have substantially improved since we last saw her.She might be the dark horse of the tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by YokoKurama View Post
    indeed, i bet the anime would lose a ton if not all viewers if something like that happens.

would you rather Ash lose and have most if not all the fandom stop watching, or have him cut Trip out, and move on?
    Last edited by Almighty Zard; 27th October 2012 at 2:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by YokoKurama View Post
    Only if he lost in the first round -_-

Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Hearing from Cheren that Team Flare has attacked the Aspertia Academy and blew up the school to try to get me to leave Kalos
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

and some people here like luthor apparently believe it's possible...and it very well could be even if it's unlikely.

I want Virgil to win just to prove you don't need a team crammed with multiple massive pokemon to make beating ash believable. After all ash's own motto is size<skill so why cant he lose to things that are small but pack a punch?

I'd think it'll be really bad if Ash lost the first round. Then what would he do after, what everyone else battle, wishing that was him or something?

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    I want Virgil to win just to prove you don't need a team crammed with multiple massive pokemon to make beating ash believable. After all ash's own motto is size<skill so why cant he lose to things that are small but pack a punch?
    No, Virgil's team will be as Stuish as Tobias if he wins

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    No, Virgil's team will be as Stuish as Tobias if he wins
    Oh really -.- by that logic anybody who beats ash will have a stuish team. And the eeveelutions actually have higher attack stats than most of the so called "powerhouse" pokemon.

Oh really -.- by that logic anybody who beats ash will have a stuish team. And the eeveelutions actually have higher attack stats than most of the so called "powerhouse" pokemon.

I take it you don't read bad fanfics. If made believable, it's good. If not, no better than Richie. Plus this is the anime, where levels and stats mean nothing.

I take it you don't read bad fanfics. If made believable, it's good. If not, no better than Richie. Plus this is the anime, where levels and stats mean nothing.
    Do levels even come up in the anime anymore? I was watching the dub episodes of Orange Islands recently and I know during that battle Drake was talking about how Charizard was at an extremely high level. I don't know if this was said in the original though. It seems that the writers have thrown levels at the window though ever since AG.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    Do levels even come up in the anime anymore? I was watching the dub episodes of Orange Islands recently and I know during that battle Drake was talking about how Charizard was at an extremely high level. I don't know if this was said in the original though. It seems that the writers have thrown levels at the window though ever since AG.
    Moreso the dub, but not in the raw/subbed. Much have been a mistake.

I think everyone who reads fanfiction has come across bad eggs before. And I do think they can make it believable, especially if Virgil utilizes baton pass/volt switch to mitigate bad matchups and constantly keep Ash on his toes.

Moreso the dub, but not in the raw/subbed. Much have been a mistake.
    Yeah, I figured it must have been a mistake. The anime never seems like it pays that much attention to a Pokemon's level. If this were the case, Pikachu shouldn't be losing as much as he has been.

I think everyone who reads fanfiction has come across bad eggs before. And I do think they can make it believable, especially if Virgil utilizes baton pass/volt switch to mitigate bad matchups and constantly keep Ash on his toes.
    That's if Boton Pass is debuted or not. There's still many moves that haven't been in the anime yet.

@Pokemanic, yes, there are no levels and for Arceus sake, best not. Because the dead horse of episode one of BW1. But if look back at Johto and Casey's debut, a overpowered Ash is not cool.
    Last edited by Hero of Ideals; 27th October 2012 at 4:30 AM.

There are no levels in the anime, it explains why Pikachu loses to Elekid's after beating Regice's, because Ash is not strategizing properly

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Then no one should be a threat at all.

Besides we have yet to see her final three pokemon.

Random : PokéRadar

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    Then no one should be a threat at all.

Besides we have yet to see her final three pokemon.
    And besides Emboar is somewhat of a threat.

Or Trip will continue to be the rival onto the next series basically its kind of like Gary.

Random : PokéRadar

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    Or Trip will continue to be the rival onto the next series basically its kind of like Gary.
    I was actually thinking the same thing. I think Bianca and Stephan will stay in Unova and I'm pretty sure Kotetsu and Virgil will stay in Unova as well but I could see them taking the Gary route with Trip. As for Burgundy and Georggia, it depends on if Iris and/or Cilan stay for Generation 6.

Well since Trip is going down first( Great Job breaking it Writers) the remaining four will probably be faced in order of difficulty.I'll refrain from holding judgment on Virgil

Bianca-Mincinno-Weak pokemon thats used for comedy, Escavilier, Strong but nowhere near Crustle's level. Emboar, powerful and can use unorthodox strategies, but ultimately fell to sawk. She ranks 3rd

Stephan-Zebstrika, While it did lose to wotter, it made up for it by trashing Mincinno, Sawk swept the Clubsplosion, inclduing Said emboar and a very powerful throh, plus Steohan has a crapton of proteins. He ranks 2nd.

Kotetsu- Riolu, unkown but if it got a spot on the poster next to things like Serperior and Pikachu it can't be a slouch, Ferrothorn took out jellicent with one thunderbolt which is quite impressive when you look at the stats and Samurott just destroyed Marlon's Mantine one of the strongest Gym leaders in Unova. He ranks 1st out of the 3.

Page 126 of 180 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136176 ... LastLast