Page 173 of 180 FirstFirst ... 73123163169170171172173174175176177 ... LastLast
Results 4,301 to 4,325 of 4477

Thread: BWS2-19 Unova League Begins [FIRST POST UPDATED 11/8]

  1. #4301
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Walnut Creek
    Posts
    945

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Because Emboar hasn't been shown to be unbeatable one moment then not the next lol. His power level is stable. Emboar is showing that he is much more nimble then we thought. A pokemon of his weight going upside down to dodge a move is pretty damn cool.



    You keep going back on what your saying, first you say the writers can't be creative with moves and then when I give you an example you start talking about other stuff -_-.
    How is talking about a Pokemon you brought up going back on what I was saying? The writers can be creative all the want I just dont see in the eyes of the character in-universe Bianca would care to teach Emboar an electric type attack when she has Minccino for that type of stuff? She can teach Emboar Wild Charge and I wouldnt care at all, all I am saying is that Bianca teaching Emboar that move would make no sense, thats like Ash teaching Pignite Focus Blast when thats Scraggy's signature move. I dont know why Bianca's Emboar has to be such a beast but whatever, if the writers want to make him be super strong than all ideas are welcome
    What happens when two diffrent people connect through an unlikely adventure?
    https://www.fanfiction.net/docs/edit.php?docid=29355246
    Pokemon-BW- Dare to live?

    So how many Pokemons are there?

    Silly Jack, the plural of Pokemon is Pokemon

    Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    Pokemon: Filler Adventures and Pokemon: Rise of the Penguin respectivley.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    Now that I think about it....that poster is a horrible advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    Wow, I'm just stating that I'm uncomfortable with one of the few decent pokemon on the train wreck that is Ash's Unova team getting shafted and you accuse me of impersonating an imposter?!

  2. #4302
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    parrish,AL
    Posts
    9,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Technically Emboar can learn Scald and Wild Charge to counter water types. Also Emboar does a ****ing flip!!! The battles gonna be awesome!!
    You forgot grass knot.

    Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

  3. #4303
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ConUxie223 View Post
    How is talking about a Pokemon you brought up going back on what I was saying? The writers can be creative all the want I just dont see in the eyes of the character in-universe Bianca would care to teach Emboar an electric type attack when she has Minccino for that type of stuff? She can teach Emboar Wild Charge and I wouldnt care at all, all I am saying is that Bianca teaching Emboar that move would make no sense, thats like Ash teaching Pignite Focus Blast when thats Scraggy's signature move. I dont know why Bianca's Emboar has to be such a beast but whatever, if the writers want to make him be super strong than all ideas are welcome
    You were saying that the writers don't teach pokemon moves they don't learn on there own which Minccino proves you wrong lol.

    Have you seen Ash's same type reserves?? They all share moves types lol. Pokemon sharing move types isn't a bad thing, it gives them more coverage.

    Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    You forgot grass knot.
    I feel like that would back fire on Bel due to the whole clumsy thing lol.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  4. #4304
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ConUxie223 View Post
    all I am saying is that Bianca teaching Emboar that move would make no sense,
    What the hell? Really?

    Emboar isn't weak to water type moves, and most water types AREN'T weak to electric attacks.

    Really?
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  5. #4305
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,428

    Default

    So what I'm seeing is that Bianca's Emboar is the talk of the day? We know it has Arm Thurst so...

    Arm Thrust, Blast Burn, Scald, and Wild Charge would be a perfect moveset but unlikely. So probably replace Blast Burn with Flamethrower and Wild Charge with Flare Blitz.



  6. #4306
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    So what I'm seeing is that Bianca's Emboar is the talk of the day? We know it has Arm Thurst so...

    Arm Thrust, Blast Burn, Scald, and Wild Charge would be a perfect moveset but unlikely. So probably replace Blast Burn with Flamethrower and Wild Charge with Flare Blitz.
    Ok switch out Blast Burn for Flamethrower and it would be awesome.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  7. #4307
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Why do you care for the move so much?? It really isn't shown to be anything special.
    Never said I cared for the move, you're simply trying to create a fault in a character who can't be blamed for it in the first place, not that there is anything to blame for anyways as there's nothing wrong with the move in the first place. You may personally not like the move, that's fine, it doesn't mean anything though, the move still has a use and that's all that matters.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

  8. #4308
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    Never said I cared for the move, you're simply trying to create a fault in a character who can't be blamed for it in the first place, not that there is anything to blame for anyways as there's nothing wrong with the move in the first place. You may personally not like the move, that's fine, it doesn't mean anything though, the move still has a use and that's all that matters.
    More of a fail on the writers part but why should I be surprised anymore lol.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  9. #4309
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Walnut Creek
    Posts
    945

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    What the hell? Really?

    Emboar isn't weak to water type moves, and most water types AREN'T weak to electric attacks.

    Really?
    I just dont see her doing it... but if she did it whatever lol You woulldnt believe how I read your post before actually thinking about You should have added a //sarcasm because I thought you serious. And now I'm getting a little tired of Bianca so I will no longer talk about her until I know a little more about her battle because at the moment its pointless to argue my point with you and Robert.
    What happens when two diffrent people connect through an unlikely adventure?
    https://www.fanfiction.net/docs/edit.php?docid=29355246
    Pokemon-BW- Dare to live?

    So how many Pokemons are there?

    Silly Jack, the plural of Pokemon is Pokemon

    Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    Pokemon: Filler Adventures and Pokemon: Rise of the Penguin respectivley.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    Now that I think about it....that poster is a horrible advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    Wow, I'm just stating that I'm uncomfortable with one of the few decent pokemon on the train wreck that is Ash's Unova team getting shafted and you accuse me of impersonating an imposter?!

  10. #4310
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,945

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    More of a fail on the writers part but why should I be surprised anymore lol.
    The writers didn't give Pignite and Emboar Arm Thrust (well, they did but not what I'm talking about). The game programmers clearly thought the species was good for Arm Thrust and gave them access to the move
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  11. #4311
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    The writers didn't give Pignite and Emboar Arm Thrust (well, they did but not what I'm talking about). The game programmers clearly thought the species was good for Arm Thrust and gave them access to the move
    I'm talking about the writers having Bel's Emboar keeping the move lol.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  12. #4312
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    More of a fail on the writers part but why should I be surprised anymore lol.
    Only, nothing about it is a "fail". Nothing you said makes it as such.

    It was only used once from Emboar against Conkeldurr which blocked it with it's pillars which also blocked Hammer Arm and Flamethrower, so Arm Thrust not working that one time doesn't make it useless like you said. Like I said, moves are situational, it all depends on what happens that determines the effectives of a move, Thunderbolt doesn't do anything against Ground types, doesn't make it useless, just makes it useless against Ground types.

    Emboar's hand are in fact big, it's palm are decently big as well, so there's no problem with size like you were saying there was.

    It having Hammer Arm means nothing considering such things always happen, plus the moves can be used differently anyways, so it's not like having Water Gun and Hydro Pump.

    Having other options means nothing as well, the writers aren't going to give every Pokemon the best options all the time, they put some diversity in movesets so we don't basically have multiples of the same Pokemon throughout main/side characters. Plus they follow their own rules so despite "this move" being stronger then "this move" in the game, they can be the same in the anime, this should be obvious by now considering how we have things like Water Gun and Stringshot being useful so late in the Anime, among many others.

    So again, nothing wrong with Emboar having Arm Thrust.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

  13. #4313
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    221b Baker Street
    Posts
    11,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    So what I'm seeing is that Bianca's Emboar is the talk of the day? We know it has Arm Thurst so...

    Arm Thrust, Blast Burn, Scald, and Wild Charge would be a perfect moveset but unlikely. So probably replace Blast Burn with Flamethrower and Wild Charge with Flare Blitz.
    Actually I consider it a possibility for it to have Blast Burn.
    Trips Serperior has Frenzy Plant
    Kotetsus Samurott has Hydro Cannon
    Biancas Emboar has Blast Burn?

    It really wouldn't surprise me if they went that route and gave all the fully evolved starters those attacks

  14. #4314
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    7,521

    Default

    Paul's Torterra had Frenzy Plant
    Barry's Empoleon had Hydro Cannon
    Ash's Infernape had Bla.. owait!

    There's no point expecting a move for one Pokemon just because a couple of other Pokemon have those move counterparts. That's not how it works and that's why we had to deal with the b*tching and moaning at the end of Sinnoh..
    OR Playthrough - Route 118

    This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

  15. #4315
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Hyderabad (India)
    Posts
    3,919

    Default

    Just a random question, is this episodes name just "The Unova League Higaki Tournament Begins! " or is it "The Unova League Higaki Tournament Begins! Ash Vs Trip!!", because the second one is the one i heard being said in the preview.

  16. #4316
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,321

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucario At Service View Post
    Just a random question, is this episodes name just "The Unova League Higaki Tournament Begins! " or is it "The Unova League Higaki Tournament Begins! Ash Vs Trip!!", because the second one is the one i heard being said in the preview.
    It it is Satoshi vs Shootie.

    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/BW103

  17. #4317
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Lake Valor Resort, TX
    Posts
    3,666

    Default

    Serperior & Trip: He defeated Ash in the finals of the Junior Cup! Will there finally be a conclusion against his destined rival?
    Sooooo likely. I mean, yeah, anything can happen, but my money's on Ash. Don't mean to be Captain Obvious either, and the fact that it's the first episode of the league. Trip recently just marked a highlight in his journey by winning the Junior Cup, by defeating Ash. Ash himself also lost in the previous tournaments that took place in this saga. Bout time he can pass through all his rivals and aim for a top rank in the league.

    Besides, if Ash were to lose... this league would conclude in 3 episodes, tops. And without a doubt, a huge disappointment among viewers.

    Yeah, I know most of yall are going to tell me "You think?" or "REALLY NOW?" Feel free to say it, but this is a mere speculation and thought by me.

    ~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

  18. #4318
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,321

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the1stpkmnfan View Post
    Sooooo likely. I mean, yeah, anything can happen, but my money's on Ash. Don't mean to be Captain Obvious either, and the fact that it's the first episode of the league. Trip recently just marked a highlight in his journey by winning the Junior Cup, by defeating Ash. Ash himself also lost in the previous tournaments that took place in this saga. Bout time he can pass through all his rivals and aim for a top rank in the league.

    Besides, if Ash were to lose... this league would conclude in 3 episodes, tops. And without a doubt, a huge disappointment among viewers.

    Yeah, I know most of yall are going to tell me "You think?" or "REALLY NOW?" Feel free to say it, but this is a mere speculation and thought by me.
    We dont think anything, we know Satoshi beats him for like a month and half.

  19. #4319
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Not Kalos
    Posts
    3,108

    Default

    This is semi Off topic, but I hope Virgil barely uses his Glaceon in the league. Glaceon's becoming really annoying with the fact that the writers have given it to a bunch of main characters(May, Cynthia, Virgil). I don't hate Glaceon as a Pokemon, but it's becoming overused...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

  20. #4320
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,428

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    Actually I consider it a possibility for it to have Blast Burn.
    Trips Serperior has Frenzy Plant
    Kotetsus Samurott has Hydro Cannon
    Biancas Emboar has Blast Burn?

    It really wouldn't surprise me if they went that route and gave all the fully evolved starters those attacks
    Yeah, the bottom response is why I said it would be unlikely.

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    Paul's Torterra had Frenzy Plant
    Barry's Empoleon had Hydro Cannon
    Ash's Infernape had Bla.. owait!

    There's no point expecting a move for one Pokemon just because a couple of other Pokemon have those move counterparts. That's not how it works and that's why we had to deal with the b*tching and moaning at the end of Sinnoh..
    Quote Originally Posted by Shraeder View Post
    This is semi Off topic, but I hope Virgil barely uses his Glaceon in the league. Glaceon's becoming really annoying with the fact that the writers have given it to a bunch of main characters(May, Cynthia, Virgil). I don't hate Glaceon as a Pokemon, but it's becoming overused...

    Overused but only seen battle one time?



  21. #4321

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    Yeah, the bottom response is why I said it would be unlikely.
    Exactly. The post made no sense to me, either.




    Overused but only seen battle one time?[/QUOTE]

    Currently writing: The Missing Link!
    Chapters posted: 10
    Please read and review. I'll be eternally grateful.

  22. #4322
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shraeder View Post
    This is semi Off topic, but I hope Virgil barely uses his Glaceon in the league. Glaceon's becoming really annoying with the fact that the writers have given it to a bunch of main characters(May, Cynthia, Virgil). I don't hate Glaceon as a Pokemon, but it's becoming overused...
    Cynthia and Virgil aren't main characters, more over, Cynthia used hers once for a few seconds to freeze some ice. May also only used one during the time she wasn't a main character anymore. It's not overused.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

  23. #4323
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    2,035

    Default

    To be honest, I'd like to see Virgil use Jolteon and Leafeon more often, the latter was the least used imo as Zoey was the only one that debutted it and Jolteon hasn't been used on a major character since Volkner, and that appearence wasn't that good.
    If you're a DC comics fan, GTA or Saints Row fan, hit me up with a vm, I'm always looking to talk to new people for my favourite stuff!


    [IMG]http://i43.*******.com/nmgcc9.png[/IMG]
    Credit goes to AvengingAngel for the banner.

  24. #4324
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    1,059

    Default

    I really want to see Virgil using Leafeon as well. It is the only Pokemon that didn't get to battle in Virgil's episode debut.
    In snow, the pure white coat covering its body obscures it from predators.
    Dewgong



  25. #4325
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IcySealeo View Post
    I really want to see Virgil using Leafeon as well. It is the only Pokemon that didn't get to battle in Virgil's episode debut.
    Out of all the Eeveelutions, Leafeon doesn't appear as much. Even though it is new, Glaceon has appeared more. If it battles, I'd like to see a good one. :3

Page 173 of 180 FirstFirst ... 73123163169170171172173174175176177 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •