Page 21 of 180 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121 ... LastLast

Thread: BWS2-19 Unova League Begins [FIRST POST UPDATED 11/8]

Quote Originally Posted by (P.O.K.E.M.O.N.) View Post
    You don't know that though.
    That's why there's the "so far" section in my text. So far, nobody's doing so, I don't know about the future.

I'm sorry, but didn't the people who created this show stated that pokemon will never evolve?

What?

and didn't ash lose all 4 of his leagues, so where did you get this 50/50 from? i think a more accurate number would have been 0/100
    50/50... did you ever do Maths? Ash will either win or lose. If you flip a coin, it will be heads or tails. There's two options but only one outcome.

Ash losing 4 leagues doesn't mean he will lose all the leagues, that's you making a wide presumption. What your saying is like saying, if Ash defeated 4 Gym Leaders, he won't lose to any other Gym Leader, even though he clearly does at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    What?

50/50... did you ever do Maths? Ash will either win or lose. If you flip a coin, it will be heads or tails. There's two options but only one outcome.

Ash losing 4 leagues doesn't mean he will lose all the leagues, that's you making a wide presumption. What your saying is like saying, if Ash defeated 4 Gym Leaders, he won't lose to any other Gym Leader, even though he clearly does at times.
    And keep in mind there are no patterns.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    And keep in mind there are no patterns.
    Exactly, this too.

A pattern is never concrete as proved by Best Wishes ESPECIALLY.

What?

No it's not a toss of a coin because ash won't win, cant you accept that ash will be repeated over and over, catch pokemon, go to gym battles, lose the league, there is no main story to ash's journey and there never will be, my god.

Remember back in sinnoh how people were claiming ash would win the league? what happened to that idea? what happened to ash winning the league on hoenn? what about johto? or even kanto? he's never going to ever win one.
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

Exactly, this too.

Agreed. In one season, we cleared eight badges with one rematch, nine Pokemon were caught, and still we are in the half way point of season two.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    Agreed. In one season, we cleared eight badges with one rematch, nine Pokemon were caught, and still we are in the half way point of season two.
    Kinda sounds like kanto to me..
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

Kinda sounds like kanto to me..
    What part of it, exactly?

No one knows jack sh*t, ok? We can only speculate. The fact that Ash lost all tourneys so far could indicate that he takes the league and I'm all for that. Though as someone said, a loss will at least guarantee him another series and I'm down with that too.

EDIT: Good lord P.O.K.E.M.O.N., what about the end of the series? You think he won't win a league even till then? Hello?
    Last edited by Rohanator; 21st September 2012 at 5:47 PM.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

No it's not a toss of a coin because ash won't win, cant you accept that ash will be repeated over and over, catch pokemon, go to gym battles, lose the league, there is no main story to ash's journey and there never will be, my god.

Ugh. Why are you disregarding the truth? It's not concrete that Ash will always lose, and it's just as likely that he will win.

Remember back in sinnoh how people were claiming ash would win the league? what happened to that idea? what happened to ash winning the league on hoenn? what about johto? or even kanto? he's never going to ever win one.
    Remember when people said Ash would catch Lucario? The same can be applied to EVERYTHING. Anybody can say/guess whether something will happen in the anime. The league is no different. So stop acting like it's impossible, it's not impossible. You keep acting like you're a writer and know for a fact he'll never win when clearly you don't have a clue in the slightest and seem to lack education.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    Exactly my point. Another example could be Brock staying around for every saga... that pattern was broken too.

I've seen this topic in another thread but whatever.

I'm not really sure if Ash is going to win the league but I'd like to see that happen, maybe that's why writers didn't show the E4 yet.

Also I think he'll be using his Oak'd mons as well because of the opening, check it out:

Ready Go!, Spurt! and Greatest Everyday showed pokemon from previous regions and Ash used them, Be an Arrow might not be the exception.

Pokemon Symphonic Medley was a league opening but didn't show reserves, hence Ash didn't used them.

Still, this is just speculation, nothing is confirmed yet, but it'll be cool to see more of Ash old pokemon and their interactions with the Unova ones.
    IGN: Carlos
    FC: 0903-2783-6541

[CENTER]SIGNATURE SOON...[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Zino View Post
    What part of it, exactly?
    It's doesn't. While Ash is with two gym leaders (Kanto reference), the other Pokemon had battles too plus we cleared 87 episodes, faster than Sinnoh, Hoenn, and.Johto of the gyms.
    Last edited by Hero of Ideals; 21st September 2012 at 5:54 PM.

Exactly, this too.

He still got the regional grass starter [Bulbasaur, Chikorita, Treecko, Turtwig, Snivy]
    His fire type has flamethrower [Charizard, Quilava, Torkoal, Infernape, Pignite]
    Ash lost to one gym leader and won upon rematch [Lt. Surge, Whitney, Brawly, Roark, Lenora]
    A new girl joins him every saga [Misty, May, Dawn, Iris]
    His main water has yet to evolve [Squirtle, Totodile, Corphish, Buizel, Oshawott]

So yeah some patterns are still there. So is the league one until proven wrong.

Random : PokéRadar

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    He's going to win this time.....they simply don't have anything else to cover from the games from BW2.

Ash lost the Hoenn league because they had Battle Frontier to cover.

He lost the Sinnoh league because that happened at the very end of the generation before BW came out.

Here...we have 7 months at least till Gen 6 in September 2013 and there is no new BF either.
    This sounds reasonable. *starts up the prayer circle*

However, I'd settle for 2nd place this time, where he STILL gets invited to the Elite-4 league or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    He still got the regional grass starter [Bulbasaur, Chikorita, Treecko, Turtwig, Snivy]
    His fire type has flamethrower [Charizard, Quilava, Torkoal, Infernape, Pignite]
    Ash lost to one gym leader and won upon rematch [Lt. Surge, Whitney, Brawly, Roark, Lenora]
    A new girl joins him every saga [Misty, May, Dawn, Iris]
    His main water has yet to evolve [Squirtle, Totodile, Corphish, Buizel, Oshawott]

So yeah some patterns are still there. So is the league one until proven wrong.
    The flamethrower pattern is very minor to say the least. And infact, Ash has lost to more than one gym leader in some saga's, so no that pattern has already faded. You can say 'main' water type, but nothing ever defines 'main'. Oshawott or Palpitoad could still evolve yet.

Keyword: SOME.

The more important patterns have stopped:

-Brock has left the saga.
    -Rotating Pokemon has returned.
    -Team Rocket have stopped goofing off (and are potentially going to leave, which people thought would never happen).

Don't even waste time trying to reason with P.O.K.E.M.O.N. He is only being pessimistic so he doesn't get his hopes crushed again. It's kinda understandable.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceGray View Post
    Don't even waste time trying to reason with P.O.K.E.M.O.N. He is only being pessimistic so he doesn't get his hopes crushed again. It's kinda understandable.
    Yeah i've kind of realised now, poor soul. I learnt a long time ago that if you accept the show for what it is and just let the course of the episodes lay out naturally, everything is calm and mellow.

Ugh. Why are you disregarding the truth? It's not concrete that Ash will always lose, and it's just as likely that he will win.

Remember when people said Ash would catch Lucario? The same can be applied to EVERYTHING. Anybody can say/guess whether something will happen in the anime. The league is no different. So stop acting like it's impossible, it's not impossible. You keep acting like you're a writer and know for a fact he'll never win when clearly you don't have a clue in the slightest and seem to lack education.

Exactly my point. Another example could be Brock staying around for every saga... that pattern was broken too.
    You seem to lack logic, which explains why i failed to convince you that ash would lose, go on though, but i'll be the one who said i told you so.
    Latest AmourShipping AMV

Ooo
    Yeah i've kind of realised now, poor soul. I learnt a long time ago that if you accept the show for what it is and just let the course of the episodes lay out naturally, everything is calm and mellow.
    That's me in a nutshell.

You seem to lack logic, which explains why i failed to convince you that ash would lose, go on though, but i'll be the one who said i told you so.
    Scroll through what we've just discussed. Not ONCE did I say Ash will win the league. The discussion was me teaching you that there is a possiblity for Ash either winning or losing and that it is not definete he will lose.

How's that a pattern? As far as I know every fire-type pokemon can learn Flamethrower, it's like a standard move.

Ash lost in 4 gyms in kanto and won upon rematch: Brock, Surge, Sabrina and Blaine. That pattern never existed.
    IGN: Carlos
    FC: 0903-2783-6541

[CENTER]SIGNATURE SOON...[/COLOR]

Scroll through what we've just discussed. Not ONCE did I say Ash will win the league. The discussion was me teaching you that there is a possiblity for Ash either winning or losing and that it is not definete he will lose.
    But you think ash has a chance of winning it, Anyways he could get close if he used his reserves, maybe even top 2... but i honestly don't see ash getting past the top 16 with his unova pokemon.
    Latest AmourShipping AMV

The flamethrower pattern is very minor to say the least. And infact, Ash has lost to more than one gym leader in some saga's, so no that pattern has already faded. You can say 'main' water type, but nothing ever defines 'main'. Oshawott or Palpitoad could still evolve yet.
    Yet it is still a pattern, even though he also lost to Fantina and Gardenia but those weren't official matches. Either way he has lost to at least one gym leader then, so the pattern hasn't "faded." Oshawott is part of his main team, that is enough. Anyone who states that Kingler and Palpitoad were/are main water types of his team... just wow.

Keyword: SOME.

The more important patterns have stopped:

-Brock has left the saga.
    -Rotating Pokemon has returned.
    -Team Rocket have stopped goofing off (and are potentially going to leave, which people thought would never happen).
    Some. That's fine. The league pattern is still there until proven wrong like the ones mentioned above. Also rotating didn't really return as its the first time it's truly happening. We still don't know what will happen to the TRio after the Meloetta Plot, they could go back to their goofy selves without having a leader or just direct orders from anyone (Giovanni/Matori/Zager).

Quote Originally Posted by ludiloco View Post
    How's that a pattern? As far as I know every fire-type pokemon can learn Flamethrower, it's like a standard move.
    They could have switched it up.

Ash lost in 4 gyms in kanto and won upon rematch: Brock, Surge, Sabrina and Blaine. That pattern never existed.
    Either way he has lost to at least one gym leader and won in a rematch then, so the pattern hasn't "faded.

He never rebattled Brock for the badge at least.
    Last edited by _Taidow_; 21st September 2012 at 6:17 PM.

Random : PokéRadar

But you think ash has a chance of winning it, anyways it all depends on his reserves, if ash uses his reserves, he MIGHT get close, but i don't see ash winning the unova league with his unova pokemon....
    Why do people keep saying this? If the writers want Ash to win the League, he will whether he uses reserves or not.

But you think ash has a chance of winning it,

Which he does.

anyways it all depends on his reserves, if ash uses his reserves, he MIGHT get close, but i don't see ash winning the unova league with his unova pokemon....
    It would be more believable if he used reserves to win. But no, it doesn't depend on them. The writers can make his Unova Team win in an unbelievable fashion.

Page 21 of 180 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121 ... LastLast