Page 22 of 180 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast

Thread: BWS2-19 Unova League Begins [FIRST POST UPDATED 11/8]

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    Why do people keep saying this? If the writers want Ash to win the League, he will whether he uses reserves or not.
    I know the writers can make ash look strong and such, but it's unbelievable if i saw an oshawott taking down an emboar, or a venusaur or even a charizard, i don't see that happening at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    Which he does.

It would be more believable if he used reserves to win. But no, it doesn't depend on them. The writers can make his Unova Team win in an unbelievable fashion.
    Gotta have some common sence though, remember how easy pignite got sweeped by surperior? that will most likely happen to ash in the league, and if it doesn't.. well then that won't make much sence at all.

Quote Originally Posted by (P.O.K.E.M.O.N.) View Post
    But you think ash has a chance of winning it, Anyways he could get close if he used his reserves, maybe even top 2... but i honestly don't see ash getting past the top 16 with his unova pokemon.
    And how do you know that? If he used his Pokemon from the lab, the result is

OVERSHADOWED

They will and we will see less of them. I wouldn't mind for gym battles or battles with Iris and Cilan, but the Unova team battles in the Unova League.

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    Yet it is still a pattern, even though he also lost to Fantina and Gardenia but those weren't official matches.
    Look back at Kanto, or even Hoenn.

Either way he has lost to at least one gym leader then, so the pattern hasn't "faded."
    Fair enough, i'll let you off since you added 'at least' into your quote.

Oshawott is part of his main team, that is enough. Anyone who states that Kingler and Palpitoad were/are main water types of his team... just wow.
    Hmm, this is unusual to reply to. Only the fandom classes 'main' Pokemon and reserves. Okay.

Some. That's fine. The league pattern is still there until proven wrong like the ones mentioned above.
    Yeah agreed.

Also rotating didn't really return as its the first time it's truly happening.
    Did you watch the OS? All it consisted of was Ash switiching his Pokemon frequently.

We still don't know what will happen to the TRio after the Meloetta Plot, they could go back to their goofy selves without having a leader or just direct orders from anyone (Giovanni/Matori/Zager).
    Possibly, i'd like to think so anyhow.

Gotta have some common sence though, remember how easy pignite got sweeped by surperior? that will most likely happen to ash in the league, and if it doesn't.. well then that won't make much sence at all.
    Exactly my point though. The writers can have Ash win the league if they want him too. They can do absolutely anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    And how do you know that? If he used his Pokemon from the lab, the result is

OVERSHADOWED

They will and we will see less of them. I wouldn't mind for gym battles or battles with Iris and Cilan, but the Unova team battles in the Unova League.
    Ash sinnoh team never got a league to themselves.. so why should his unova team get it then?

Ash sinnoh team never got a league to themselves.. so why should his unova team get it then?
    He has 10 Unova Pokemon. If the writers couldn't even give all of Ash's Sinnoh Pokemon a win when he had 6 Sinnoh Pokemon, then how do you expect all of Ash's Unova Pokemon to get a win if he uses his reserves?

We've basically been setting ourselves up for dissapointment with everything so far in BW2.

Starting from the debacle that was the junior cup dragonite and the ridiculously overhyped dawn guest appearance to kotetsu essentially being Yuma of zexal with pokemon to the what looks to be horribly rushed TR sendoff. They are either gonna redeem themselves at the league or just end it on a sour note and hopefully learn from BWs mistakes for the next saga. And to think at the beginning it had the most potential too.

I've loved everything about BW2 so far, nothing has disappointed me.

Maybe they don't want to make the same mistake. And for your information about Trip and Seperior, I'm not Vodor but his starter was way overpowered. And a little stuish.

And the only overhyping was people hyping everything. So look into the mirror and say 'I blame myself'
    Last edited by Hero of Ideals; 21st September 2012 at 5:30 PM.

He has 10 Unova Pokemon. If the writers couldn't even give all of Ash's Sinnoh Pokemon a win when he had 6 Sinnoh Pokemon, then how do you expect all of Ash's Unova Pokemon to get a win if he uses his reserves?
    Ash has 7 pokemon in sinnoh

I've loved everything about BW2 so far, nothing has disappointed me.
    Me to, actually best wishes 2 right now is slightly above sinnoh for me, that's how good it is, although the first best wishes just plain sucked.. i'll forgot it happened though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    Maybe they don't want to make the same mistake. And for your information about Trip and Seperior, I'm not Vodor but his starter was way overpowered. And a little stuish.
    All of trip's pokemon are overpowered, that's just how rivals are played, and then somehow against all the odds ash beats them in the end, it's a real super hero story

Me to, actually best wishes 2 right now is slightly above sinnoh for me, that's how good it is, although the first best wishes just plain sucked.. i'll forgot it happened though.

All of trip's pokemon are overpowered, that's just how rivals are played, and then somehow against all the odds ash beats them in the end, it's a real super hero story
    Oh yeah, that's right. He has 7. But my point is Torterra still didn't get a win

Gliscor left though and then Gible was introduced. It wasn't until the League when he used his reserves too that Gliscor returned. Basically, Ash always had only 6 Pokemon on team until the League.

I actually loved certain aspects of Best Wishes 1, it wasn't brilliant but it definetly wasn't terrible. I enjoyed it, but absolutely love Best Wishes 2.

^Yeah, I don't get the hate for Best Wishes at all. Maybe it wasn't the greatest season of Pokemon but it still had plenty of enjoyable episodes and moments.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    It is very likely.
    I would say it is very unlikely for him to win the Unova League. Not because of some pattern (like the one i posted before), its because there is no way the writers would make Ash jump his league ranking between one region.

In Sinnoh League, he was at Top 4 ranking, so obviously he has to get to the Top 2 position at least once before we can think of him winning a league.

Its not a pattern, its what i would call as "climbing the stairs in becoming a pokemon master". We can't just jump a few stairs to reach the top especially it relates to ones development (and if he isn't using some shortcut), and if we do try to jump, there is a chance that we could fall down hardly.

Till now Ash has achieved league rankings of Top 16, Top 8 (twice), Top 4. So, we can't actually think of him jumping the Top 2 ranking and straight away win a league.

So i would say that unless we get a league where Ash achieves that Top 2 spot, we can't think of him winning a league.

Also for some reason, i believe that when they make Ash finally win his first league, we would be seeing all his past traveling partners, his mother, Prof. Oak and his past rivals (like Gray, Paul) present at that scene.

Now when could he get that spot, well that depends on the writers. They may decided to make him get to Top 2 spot during the Unova League or during the 6th or 7th gen or maybe even later. We would just have to wait for that.

Personally, i believe that Ash would most likely reach Top 4 spot again in the Unova League (if he is using only his Unova Team for the league).

Oh yeah, that's right. He has 7. But my point is Torterra still didn't get a win
    Me to hopefully he returns in the league and get's some redemption

Gliscor left though and then Gible was introduced. It wasn't until the League when he used his reserves too that Gliscor returned. Basically, Ash always had only 6 Pokemon on team until the League.

I actually loved certain aspects of Best Wishes 1, it wasn't brilliant but it definetly wasn't terrible. I enjoyed it, but absolutely love Best Wishes 2.
    Yes and No, gliscor is still his pokemon so it's 7 anyways i mainly hated best wishes because the whole team rocket thing failed, i mean it just ruined everything for me, and replacing all the older music sucked to

Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    you put to much faith into that poster, they pick marketable pokemon for it, that doesn't mean the pokemon will have a huge role. Heck Corphish could appear in the background somewhere
    It's rather you who is practically ignoring it. Every Pokémon that is in the front of that poster has/will play a big role in BW2, whereas Lucario and Corphish being the only ones we are not yet sure of. ''Marketable Pokémon'', sure, but not any random Pokémon that won't serve any purpose. Don't be so ignorant.

''The Girl Who Understands the Hearts of Dragons''

Funny because TR is actually my favorite part of Best Wishes XD

Quote Originally Posted by FierceIris View Post
    It's rather you who is practically ignoring it. Every Pokémon that is in the front of that poster has/will play a big role in BW2, whereas Lucario and Corphish being the only ones we are not yet sure of. ''Marketable Pokémon'', sure, but not any random Pokémon that won't serve any purpose. Don't be so ignorant.
    Lol, hardly.

Funny because TR is actually my favorite part of Best Wishes XD
    Same, I didn't mind Best Wishes at first but now I just can't wait until 6th gen.

It depends how many reserves.

Top 64: 3 vs 3 [3]
    Top 32: 3 vs 3 [6]
    Top 16: 3 vs 3 [9]
    Top 8: 6 vs 6 [15]
    Top 4: 6 vs 6 [21]
    Top 2: 6 vs 6 [26] (Loses the league)

So following the Sinnoh League outline, that is 26 spots for pokemon to get at least one win. That's 9 Unova pokemon, can get two wins each, that's still 18 spots. Add a few reserves and their wins or falls.

Random : PokéRadar

Me to hopefully he returns in the league and get's some redemption
    Yes and No, gliscor is still his pokemon so it's 7 anyways i mainly hated best wishes because the whole team rocket thing failed, i mean it just ruined everything for me, and replacing all the older music sucked to
    And what's wrong with the music, many of the tracks were from Black and White and it was a good soundtrack. And how did it 'sucked' for Team Rocket runing everything and they ALWAYS changed the music but goes back to familiar tracks from time to time.

I really don't get what's the big deal if Ash uses his Oaked pokemon, his unova team had the whole saga to shine, if you think the writers didn't developed them properly, what makes you think they'll do it right in the league. Let them shine along with the neglected old guys (Totodile, Torterra or Muk)

They could have switched it up.
    But they won't, Flamethrower is a given for every fire type, not only Ash's

Either way he has lost to at least one gym leader and won in a rematch then, so the pattern hasn't "faded.
    "At least" is to vague for it to be called a pattern, and the battles against Gardenia and Fantina were official because if Ash had won those battles, he'd have gotten a badge.

He never rebattled Brock for the badge at least.
    Oh yeah he did, that's why he overloaded Pikachu with that bike.
    IGN: Carlos
    FC: 0903-2783-6541

[CENTER]SIGNATURE SOON...[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by DMerle View Post
    Same, I didn't mind Best Wishes at first but now I just can't wait until 6th gen.
    I kinda agree with you. Hopefully the 6th Gen will have an overall better writing. I'm not saying that I dislike BW, only that some things could have been better handled (more reserves' appearances, more fleshed out battles, gradual development (not in huge chunks)...)
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

It depends how many reserves.

Top 64: 3 vs 3 [3]
    Top 32: 3 vs 3 [6]
    Top 16: 3 vs 3 [9]
    Top 8: 6 vs 6 [15]
    Top 4: 6 vs 6 [21]
    Top 2: 6 vs 6 [26] (Loses the league)

So following the Sinnoh League outline, that is 26 spots for pokemon to get at least one win. That's 9 Unova pokemon, can get two wins each, that's still 18 spots. Add a few reserves and their wins or falls.
    While this sounds quite reasonable, the Charizard merch makes me feel like Ash is going to be calling back on a lot more than just 'a few 'older' reserves'.

I'm hoping to see Sceptile/Torterra/Infernape/Snorlax/Gible and many more of his classics. Heck maybe even Bulbasaur, but not Squirtle.

It's about time for them Bulb/Gible to evolve, preferably in this league.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Ant View Post
    While this sounds quite reasonable, the Charizard merch makes me feel like Ash is going to be calling back on a lot more than just 'a few 'older' reserves'.

I'm hoping to see Sceptile/Torterra/Infernape/Snorlax/Gible and many more of his classics. Heck maybe even Bulbasaur, but not Squirtle.

It's about time for them Bulb/Gible to evolve, preferably in this league.
    The Bulb doesn't want to evolve. Squirtle has a much better chance if they want to evolve a Kanto Pokemon but even that's not likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Cresselia92 View Post
    I kinda agree with you. Hopefully the 6th Gen will have an overall better writing. I'm not saying that I dislike BW, only that some things could have been better handled (more reserves' appearances, more fleshed out battles, gradual development (not in huge chunks)...)
    For me the whole structure is a mess, they tried to make it a lot shorter than DP/AG but also gave Ash the most Pokémon he's ever had on one regional team, I mean it could of been managed well, but it wasn't. The writers showed there weakness there at trying to juggle reserves around, and in the process neglecting an awful lot of them. I'd much rather have a series where everything is brought to a definite close, and everything given equal attention, even if it does drag out a little. Than a shorter, quicker series which might seem lacking when it finishes.

The Bulb doesn't want to evolve. Squirtle has a much better chance if they want to evolve a Kanto Pokemon but even that's not likely.
    Wrong.

It didn't want to evolve, 4 regions ago, because, unlike Pochama that wishes to protect Hikari as a Pochama, the form he was when he met her, forever, Bulba just was not mentally ready/prepared to evolve, but he's not outright opposed to it like Pochama.

Page 22 of 180 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast