Page 25 of 180 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125 ... LastLast

Thread: BWS2-19 Unova League Begins [FIRST POST UPDATED 11/8]

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    It sounds like the League is going to be 1v1's, which is horrible. I'm wanting 6v6's.
    How does it sound like that?

The scan only brought up their most powerful partners. Also, notice how Virgil has 2 Pokémon in focus?

....and now, her story begins.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    Haunter227, what makes you think this? Was it because of the poster showing the 6 main competitors with one Pokemon by them? I honestly think it is going to be like the other Leagues where they have 3 vs 3 battles and maybe some Tag Battles then go to 6 vs 6. I hope it's that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    How does it sound like that?

The scan only brought up their most powerful partners. Also, notice how Virgil has 2 Pokémon in focus?
    Mainly due to the scan focusing heavily on Ash + Rivals with one specific Pokemon, and how the Donamite and Juniour Cup were treated.

I'm not saying they'll only be using one Pokemon, but i have a bad feeling we'll be seeing 1v1 battles. Hopefully it'll start of with 1v1's, move to 3v3's and then 6v6's.

Mainly due to the scan focusing heavily on Ash + Rivals with one specific Pokemon, and how the Donamite and Juniour Cup were treated.

I'm not saying they'll only be using one Pokemon, but i have a bad feeling we'll be seeing 1v1 battles. Hopefully it'll start of with 1v1's, move to 3v3's and then 6v6's.
    I think it's going to be in that way.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

Quote Originally Posted by Cresselia92 View Post
    I think it's going to be in that way.
    That would be beyond horrible if it was. For the opening rounds I wouldn't mind that much, but the entire league would SUCK.

Oh God! I was hoping for more optimism. Like single battles first, doubles than triples. I don't think the other way would be any better than the way the Junior Cup was.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by DMerle View Post
    That would be beyond horrible if it was. For the opening rounds I wouldn't mind that much, but the entire league would SUCK.
    I meant 1v1 the preliminaries, maybe a round of double battles, two rounds of 3v3 and the rest 6v6. Not all the League with 1v1 battles. That would be beyond horrible!
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}

It sounds like the League is going to be 1v1's, which is horrible. I'm wanting 6v6's.
    Seriously ,
    How many time Anime stuff gonna prove their Worthlessness ?
    I don't think they going to go this far to piss us off !
    I would prefer if Writer handle Unova League like ''Fortune Cup'' or ''World Dual Carnival'' from Yugioh 5D & Yugioh zexal!!!
    If Ash winning this then I hope writer doesn't turn Unova League as the weakest League Conference ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Groundedshock View Post
    How about Ash winning with Unfezant with fast speed and maunverability or Leavanny with String Shot? Slowing the speed snake down or outspeeding it is the way Ash can be it. Destorying the field so Serperior stays in one place and comes toward Pikachu, Unfezant or Leavanny works too.
    First of all if a highly speed boosted Pignite couldn't touch Trip's Serperior, what can Unfezant do which was just able to match Roxie's Koffing's speed (and Serperior is much faster than it). Also Ash's doesn't always use pokemons who have an advantage over his opponent, instead he uses them most who are either neutral or weak to the opponents pokemon. As for Leavanny, it would first have to outmatch Serperior's speed and only then can it hope to trap it with String Shot. As we have seen that unless something is faster than Serperior, it can't be touched.

Quote Originally Posted by Groundedshock View Post
    Trip's Jellicent's Cursed Body is more problematic than all Trip's Pokemon combined and he has status + Hex tactics, Trip's Unfezant's speed tactics will fail against Ash's Unfezant or Boldore, Conkeldurr may have Guts but will still be easily taken down by Krookodile, Boldore or Paplitoad; Pokemon who are physically tough, Vanilluxe can use Hail, freeze and accucary tactics but Fire or Sandstorm can fix that and Chandelure may have Sunny Day but Paplitoad, Boldore, and Krookodile can handle it even with Solarbeam.

If Ash uses good tactics and strong Pokemon with Skill and experience, he can counter Trip's planning ahead and too much (HAX) basic training methods.
    In Trip's Jellicent's case, the only way to defeat it would be to use a effective move at close range so that it can't use Protect and after defeating it Ash recalls his pokemon back so that Cursed Body can be nullified. While it is true that Trip Unfezant's speed can easily be matched by Ash's but as we know Ash's Unfezant is quite weak defensively and get weakened easily.

The only one who can counter Conkeldurr are Krookodile and Pignite (and Paplitoad if it evolves). Vanilluxe would most likely be facing either Pignite or Scraggy or Boldore.

Chandelure can only be countered by Palpitoad or a suddenly overpowered Oshawott.

Well actually unless Ash's pokemon become hax'ed they don't most likely would stand a chance against Trip's pokemons who would be all in a much better condition than they were in the past.
    Last edited by Lucario At Service; 21st September 2012 at 8:25 PM.

I always thought having one-on-one sudden death preliminaries in the Pokemon League was a little odd. So you go through all the trouble spending months collected all eight badges and yet one slip up and you're gone.

Cutting out those rounds, I'm hoping for the Johto format: 3 v. 3 Soccer-style round robin groups of 3 (or 4), winners move into full battle tournament.

I loved that about the Johto league. The Round Robin battles could be triple battles, god knows we are overdue for one.

Can everyone stop treating Serperior like the fastest Pokemon on earth ?
    As far as I know , Septile is the fastest starter Pokemon.
    The reason why Serperior was untouched because writer didn't wanted him to be touch until Trip's battle with Alder .
    Unfezant can use Combination of Gust & Air Cutter to stop Serperior.
    Or , Leavanny can cover whole field with sting Shot like Bugsy did to Stop Serperior for moving.
    Or even Better , Pikachu dough all Serperior move and Ash provoke Trip to use Dragon tail on Pikachu which allow Pikachu to paralyze him with Static .
    Now that Something I want Ash to do .
    Use tactic like before rather then Pikachu zap serperior by Accident or Ash winning the whole thing with his ever dying confidence.
    As for developed team , let see 6 Pokemon from Ash's Unova Pokemon-

-Unfezant
    -Leavanny
    -Krookodile
    -Pikachu
    -Boldore
    -Palpitoad !

Their is a good team for Ash !
    Palpitoad can evolve before the League start like Ash's Quilava !
    Now all they mainly lack's is a Proper Movepool.
    However , Ash's Pokemon can learn new Move off-screen during his training in Cynthia's Villa !
    Unless Writer care about some People who demand that All Ash's training & New move teaching should be on-screen!
    I hope writer ignore all of them !
    I only want to see Ash's Pokemon with new Move ! I don't need a story behind every single new move his Pokemon learn.
    Last edited by vodor; 21st September 2012 at 9:01 PM.

Exactly, this too.

A pattern is never concrete as proved by Best Wishes ESPECIALLY.
    And if there were patterns, BW completely obliterated them one by one:
    * Ash catching a grass starter first- Oshawott
    * A gym leader never substituting pokémon- Lenora
    * Team Rocket solely trying to steal Pikachu and ending every episode blasting off- Episode 2
    * All three main characters don't all own an Electric type- Emolga & Stunfisk
    * Ash owning no other Grass types besides starters- Leavanny
    * Ash only catching 5-6 pokémon when entering a new region & never rotating- Episodes 18 +
    * None of the main characters owning a fully evolved pseudo legendary- Iris's Dragonite
    * Ash never owning a Dark type- Scraggy & Krookodile
    * No one ever attempts to catch Meowth & actually manage to put him in a pokéball- episodes 43, 44, & 46
    * None of the main characters owning a Ghost type- James's Yamask
    * Ash battling gym leaders from the original games of each generation- Ash VS Roxie
    * With the exception of Charmander, at least one of Ash's starter pokémon evolve for the 1st time before earning his 5th badge- Pignite episode 73
    * Ash beginning his next journey at the end of the previous season- Episode 1 & 2
    * Ash's Fire type starting off knowing Flamethrower- Episode 48

I will mention that there have been some patterns that they've, but the point is that BW has been basically been nothing but curveballs. I say expect nothing & anything for the Unova League
    Last edited by Mr.Munchlax; 21st September 2012 at 9:43 PM.

Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Fighting one of those weird warrior cosplayers again who are now after Calem for some reason
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

The format I think would be a unique change is a 1v1 starter round. Then a 4 match round robin with one 3v3, one doubles, one triples and one rotation with a cut to the top 32 if you get a 3-1 or better, where Ash faces his rivals in order.

Stephan
    Kotetsu
    Bianca
    Trip/Virgil
    Other one/trollbias 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    The format I think would be a unique change is a 1v1 starter round. Then a 4 match round robin with one 3v3, one doubles, one triples and one rotation with a cut to the top 32 if you get a 3-1 or better, where Ash faces his rivals in order.

Stephan
    Kotetsu
    Bianca
    Trip/Virgil
    Other one/trollbias 2.0
    i wonder how a rotation battle would work in the anime

Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    It wouldn't work because, differently from the games, Pokémon are mobile.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    Field moving around from time to time.

It wouldn't work because, differently from the games, Pokémon are mobile.
    ya thats what i was thinking i cant see it working cause there would be no way to move around as much

Both trainers send out 3 pokemon at once on the field.

one steps in front, 2 stays behind, at any moment the trainer can call for one of the "benched" pokemon to replace the "active" pokemon, but they dont return to the pokeball.

That's my take on it.

I kinda agree with you. Hopefully the 6th Gen will have an overall better writing. I'm not saying that I dislike BW, only that some things could have been better handled (more reserves' appearances, more fleshed out battles, gradual development (not in huge chunks)...)

BW writting has been a hugh improvement for the show, for the first time Ash has caught more then 6 pokemon during the Unova region, he also has gotten all three of the starters again which hasn't happen since the old Kanto/Johto days , hopefully the 6th Gen will give Ash three of the starters again.

Quote Originally Posted by (P.O.K.E.M.O.N.) View Post
    Ash sinnoh team never got a league to themselves.. so why should his unova team get it then?
    Because Ash caught more pokemon in the Unova region then he did back in the Sinnoh region, the Unova team deserve to have the Pokemon League to themelves.

Ash is gonna get creamed then.

BW writing was an improvement? What? I usually see people say the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Thing View Post
    Ash is gonna get creamed then.

BW writing was an improvement? What? I usually see people say the opposite.
    Same here, it's all this Iris/Stunfisk/etc wanting more treatment jargon

I'd be surprised/upset if Satoshi-kun won the Unova League to be honest. He has barely put any work in raising his Pokemon, so why should he be successful? And yeah, I realize that if he brought back some of his other Pokemon he might stand a good chance of winning, but it would feel even more cheap for him to win that way in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Kira View Post
    I'd be surprised/upset if Satoshi-kun won the Unova League to be honest. He has barely put any work in raising his Pokemon, so why should he be successful? And yeah, I realize that if he brought back some of his other Pokemon he might stand a good chance of winning, but it would feel even more cheap for him to win that way in my opinion.
    Why would it be more cheap?

Probably cuz they are much stronger then his current team, allowing him to win easier

I'm surprised you have to ask. I think it would be an obvious slap to the face for Satoshi to neglect his current Pokemon and then win the League with his old, well trained ones. It would be like him saying "screw my Unova Pokemon, I'm gonna solo with my Oak'd Pokemon instead." It would be deus ex machina at its best, and I'm not using that term lightly.

Page 25 of 180 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125 ... LastLast