Page 30 of 180 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast

Thread: BWS2-19 Unova League Begins [FIRST POST UPDATED 11/8]

Quote Originally Posted by Rudruma View Post
    I think what your all saying is no such feat has occoured yet This saga has been full of many suprises and the League is never ever straight forward is it?
    Your previous post just confirmed that you sire, are a troll. I will no longer acknowledge any of your future posts.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceGray View Post
    Your previous post just confirmed that you sire, are a troll. I will no longer acknowledge any of your future posts.
    And yet you still can not discredit my point, sir your argument is invalid.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudruma View Post
    And yet you still can not discredit my point, sir your argument is invalid.
    What point? You never brought up a point worth discrediting.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Kira View Post
    Good question. I skimmed through the thread (well, some of the pages. It's hard to keep track of all 37+ pages at this point), but I didn't find any useful information about that. I mean it'll obviously start some time after the Iris episodes, but I'm not sure if the writers will give Ash some time to train or if they'll jump right in. Call me pessimistic, but I think they want to end this saga as soon as possible. They probably planned to have Ash lose at the League a long time ago, which would make sense considering how awful Ash has been in this saga as far as training is involved. But that's a topic for another day. I just want to know when the League will start so I can mark my calender and place my bets.
    Good point, I notice how this saga is going more quicker than the others too!

Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    Good point, I notice how this saga is going more quicker than the others too!
    I don't like it, it could of worked but everything just seems rushed.
    Last edited by Sushi; 22nd September 2012 at 7:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    I really hope that image of Serperior (if it's Trip's) and Pikachu are not related to the league itself as in being in the city of the league but if Ash loses he won't be able to progress any further in the league.

So basically if all that was confusing, was if it is Trip's Serperior, and Ash's Pikachu, I hope it's a non-league battle.
    It's for the league. But of course, it isn't from the first rounds. This is from the Trip vs Ash that happen in the Top16/8. It's safe to predict that will be a full battle.

And about Dragon Tail, do you know the effect of Dragon Tail? Dragon Tail forces switches in the games. It's posssible that Serperior will use Dragon Tail to recall Pikachu and sent out other Pokemon, like Oshawott for example. Trip vs Alder was 1 vs 1, because that switching didn't happen.

@ DMerle to me it's OK but I would have liked it more if maybe another arc or two was put in the BW saga

If I don't see Ash battle Trip in the first round, I'd like him to battle Ricard.
    Confirmed Generation VI:

Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie, Xerneas, Yveltal, Sylveon, Pancham, Fletchling, Helioptile, Gogoat, Noivern, Vivillon, Talonflame, Skrelp, Clauncher, Spewpa, Scatterbug, Litleo, Flabébé, Honedge, Pangoro, Inkay, Malamar, Spritzee, Swirlix, Skiddo, Bunnelby, Dedenne, Furfrou, Quilladin, Braixen, Frogadier, Tyrunt, Amaura, Meowstic, Pyroar, Aurorus, Tyrantrum, Doublade

The Unova League is about to begin. And guess what? For the first time, I'm not excited at all. I'll watch it for the battles, but after seeing how BW mainly screwed with them I'm holding my hopes really low. Maybe the writers may surprise me... I hope they'll surprise me!
    Last edited by Sushi; 22nd September 2012 at 9:19 PM.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

Quote Originally Posted by Cresselia92 View Post
    In compensation for that, the development of the various characters was one of the best aspects of the series. All Pokemon had had at least one episode dedicated to themselves, to be much better battlers (Turtwig with Energy Ball, Staravia with Brave Bird, Gligar with X-Scissor and Steel Wing, Buizel with Ice Punch, Gible with Draco Meteor, Infernape with Flame Wheel that was upgraded to Flare Blitz) or better at Contests (all the Contest sessions with Dawn).

What did we get this saga? Flame Charge and Aqua Jet. And that was back in BW016. Most of the moves were learned for "convenience", in my eyes, not because they actually worked for learning them.

The Sinnoh saga was the one that made me want to watch directly in Japanese. It was just so exciting for me. The fillers? Well, Johto had fillers too, but that didn't stop me from watching it.

The Unova League is about to begin. And guess what? For the first time, I'm not excited at all. I'll watch it for the battles, but after seeing how BW mainly screwed with them I'm holding my hopes really low. Maybe the writers may surprise me... I hope they'll surprise me!
    Agreed, Best Wishes season 2 is probably my least favorite season ever. They tried to be really ambitious too, it's a shame because they failed miserably. I'm not excited at all about the league, I'm just annoyed that his Pokémon haven't had more development before it.

Okay, I know this has probably already been talked about but I'm not about to go through 38 pages to look for it. :/

If the Unova league is starting so early, then what are they going to show us after it's over? I mean, how are they going to hold us off for so long until the next region begins

Quote Originally Posted by strawberries View Post
    Okay, I know this has probably already been talked about but I'm not about to go through 38 pages to look for it. :/

If the Unova league is starting so early, then what are they going to show us after it's over? I mean, how are they going to hold us off for so long until the next region begins
    Filler saga as no Gen 6 game has been announced.

Many of us hypothesize a filler saga: Team Plasma, Battle Frontier or Champions League (if Ash wins the Unova League) are the main guesses.

EDIT: Ninja'd!
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

Thanks!

Although I know it might not happen, I would LOVE if Ash won the league and we had a Champion's League filler arc!

Thanks!

Although I know it might not happen, I would LOVE if Ash won the league and we had a Champion's League filler arc!
    Would be cool, hopefully he'd get a few new evolutions and moves before challenging the Champion League though.

A champion league would be cool I agree cuz 3 other E4 members haven't made their debut

If Tobias with his latios and darkrai plus any number of unseen legendaries couldn't conquer the champion league I have very low expectations for ash if he ever makes it.

We don't know if Tobias even went down that route. All that we know is that he didn't defeat Cynthia.

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

Possible other combatants:

Ricard Nouveau
    Georgia
    Luke
    Burgundy
    Shamus
    Katherine
    Montgomery
    Confirmed Generation VI:

Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie, Xerneas, Yveltal, Sylveon, Pancham, Fletchling, Helioptile, Gogoat, Noivern, Vivillon, Talonflame, Skrelp, Clauncher, Spewpa, Scatterbug, Litleo, Flabébé, Honedge, Pangoro, Inkay, Malamar, Spritzee, Swirlix, Skiddo, Bunnelby, Dedenne, Furfrou, Quilladin, Braixen, Frogadier, Tyrunt, Amaura, Meowstic, Pyroar, Aurorus, Tyrantrum, Doublade

I hope the way they present this League, to be better than the others were. Since BW they've changed a lot of things. I'm looking forward to see the design of the place, the scoreboard and everything!

Ash: Now I choose you!
    Electro Ball!

-Pikachu: PikaPika-Chu-Pi!-

Quote Originally Posted by Chomper4 View Post
    Possible other combatants:

Ricard Nouveau
    Georgia
    Luke
    Burgundy
    Shamus
    Katherine
    Montgomery
    I'd say there all possible except for Georgia, Burgundy and Luke

Although I wouldn't be surprised to see Georgia and Burgundy turning up to do something comedic

Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    I'd say there all possible except for Georgia, Burgundy and Luke

Although I wouldn't be surprised to see Georgia and Burgundy turning up to do something comedic
    Actually Burgundy has a chance to take part in the Unova League because her original goal was to take part in the League. It was only after facing Cilan that she decided to become a Sommeliéres.

Also i don't think there is any rule that stops a Sommelier from taking part in the League. Plus she already has the Trio/Try Badge.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario At Service View Post
    Actually Burgundy has a chance to take part in the Unova League because her original goal was to take part in the League. It was only after facing Cilan that she decided to become a Sommeliéres.

Also i don't think there is any rule that stops a Sommelier from taking part in the League. Plus she already has the Trio/Try Badge.
    But since she wasn't featured in the scan among Ash's rivals, I don't think she will show up as a competitor.

Maybe as a TR comedic replacement, though I'd prefer if they saved up as much screentime they can in order for us to get longer (not rushed) battles.

....and now, her story begins.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario At Service View Post

Of course she has a chance but she would just lose in the first round again and I'd rather not have that

Her and Georgia taking ove TRs role would be better for me

I'm wondering if anyone thought about this, but I think I might have a really unlikely idea about why the saga ended so early.

I think a filler saga (sorta) after BW. I have a sneaking suspicion that they might have put the league so is to let Ash lose miserably or something, like in the Top 16 and another arc to train for the next league, which he battles his rivals and focuses on his Pokemon evolving. I find it weird how they're making the Pokemon so... I don't know how to phrase it, but I find it kinda... Weak (no offense lovers). Err Im not trying to say that Ash Unova sucks or anything, it's just that... I dunno. If I go against Ash, I wouldn't be worried at all...

This is just my assumption for ending this saga so early... Or another BF?! O god

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Page 30 of 180 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast