Page 45 of 180 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595145 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 4477

Thread: BWS2-19 Unova League Begins [FIRST POST UPDATED 11/8]

Quote Originally Posted by (P.O.K.E.M.O.N.) View Post
    Nope, just because you appear in every episode it doesn't make you a main character, or else team rocket would be considered one (pre bw) plus someone who has been neglected and has such a small fanbase should not be considered a main character.

I would like to see the anime evolve, but i have common sence, i know it won't and i'm happy with that.
    Yes it does lol, otherwise the ONLY main character is Ash. If Iris isn't then none of the travel parties are. Even Max is considered one. And how exactly do you know what her fan base size is??
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Yes it does lol, otherwise the ONLY main character is Ash. If Iris isn't then none of the travel parties are. Even Max is considered one. And how exactly do you know what her fan base size is??
    Ash is the only main character, the show revolves around him and pikachu, if the show evolved around cilan and iris then yes they would be main characters, may and dawn were different because the show revolved around them, they had there own quests and they were just as importiant as ash, while cilan and iris are just afterthoughts.
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

Iris and Dento have episodes dedicated to themselves too, all the 753 episode we've seen so far weren't 100% about Ash.

I know they're sidekicks like Misty, Brock, Tracey and Max, but that doesn't make them secondary characters because they have more relevance than them (rivals, professors, gym leaders, etc.)
    IGN: Carlos
    FC: 0903-2783-6541

[CENTER]SIGNATURE SOON...[/COLOR]

Ash is the only main character, the show revolves around him and pikachu, if the show evolved around cilan and iris then yes they would be main characters, may and dawn were different because the show revolved around them, they had there own quests and they were just as importiant as ash, while cilan and iris are just afterthoughts.
    Lol they aren't afterthoughts, Tracey was an afterthought. Whether you like them or not the writers do think they are main characters. The writers just don't know how to handle there goals all that well cuz they aren't contests/badge collecting.
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ludiloco View Post
    Iris and Dento have episodes dedicated to themselves too, all the 753 episode we've seen so far weren't 100% about Ash.

I know they're sidekicks like Misty, Brock, Tracey and Max, but that doesn't make them secondary characters because they have more relevance than them (rivals, professors, gym leaders, etc.)
    Plus Iris and Cilan get to regularly compete in tournaments.

It's hard to believe that in just 90 episodes, Iris/Cilan have already competed in more tournaments than Misty/Brock did over their entire run.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Just accept the original sidekick duo as the guinea pig characters of the show. It's pretty apparent May was a way for the writers to make up for what went wrong with Misty. Dawn tried to make up for May's rather cheaply executed contests and got a story more focused on her character than her rival interactions, Iris improved on both of them by actually having powerful pokemon rather than cute marketing fodder. 50-50 is the best we've ever gotten on a female.

Quote Originally Posted by ludiloco View Post

Thank you for calling them sidekicks, meaning they aren't main characters, may and dawn were not sidekicks, they had actual goals and they were given the same treatment as ash would, but iris and cilan are just nothing more then sidekicks. "fact" Yes they were given dedicated episodes to themselves but let's actually count them shall we?

iris - episode 9, episode 35, episode 58, episode 6 "best wishes 2", "episode 30 *maybe" that's it so far
    Cilan - episode 11, episode 19, episode 37, episode 69, episode 82, episode 5 *best wishes 2*

You telling me 4-5 dedicated episodes for iris and 6 for cilan make's them main characters? dawn and may had more then that before the 30th episode mark.
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

Thank you for calling them sidekicks, meaning they aren't main characters, may and dawn were not sidekicks, they had actual goals and they were given the same treatment as ash would, but iris and cilan are just nothing more then sidekicks. "fact" Yes they were given dedicated episodes to themselves but let's actually count them shall we?

iris - episode 9, episode 35, episode 58, episode 6 "best wishes 2", "episode 30 *maybe" that's it so far
    Cilan - episode 11, episode 19, episode 37, episode 69, episode 82, episode 5 *best wishes 2*

You telling me 4-5 dedicated episodes for iris and 6 for cilan make's them main characters? dawn and may had more then that before the 30th episode mark.
    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...cusing_on_Iris
    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...using_on_Cilan

Anyone who is a traveling companion for the duration of the series is considered a main character. I am glad you posted this, but I am surprised this is even being debated. Most non pokemon fans I know remember Brock, he didn't need a contest focus to be considered a main character. I think people are looking too deeply into this. Iris and Cilan are main characters.

Name: Arugula
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Ash will win the league with only his Unova Pokemon, but I do think his old pokes will come back in the champion league.

Lol they aren't afterthoughts, Tracey was an afterthought. Whether you like them or not the writers do think they are main characters. The writers just don't know how to handle there goals all that well cuz they aren't contests/badge collecting.
    Misty and brock were sidekicks and were not main characters, and so are iris and cilan, deal with it.

Half of those episodes weren't even dedicated to them, i mean night at the nacrene city? really how did that episode ever focus on iris, ash had more to do in that episode.

OMG and episode 92? really the episode where ash wiped iris out.. HOW IS THAT AN IRIS DEDICATED EPISODE.. OMG please who ever updates bulbapedia needs to actually watch the show.

Thanks for the laugh though.
    Last edited by (P.O.K.E.M.O.N); 28th September 2012 at 6:52 AM.
    Latest AmourShipping AMV

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Ash will win the league with only his Unova Pokemon, but I do think his old pokes will come back in the champion league.
    I highly doubt Ash will win the league, let alone entering the champion league. He probably won't make it past the top 4.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    You honestly think ash can win the league with just his unova pokemon? if he couldn't win the sinnoh league with his sinnoh pokemon and his reserves, how the hell will he able to win the unova league!! OMG HOW? really, it's proven fact that his unova team cant stand up to his sinnoh team, yet you think he will win it without reserves.. Gahh
    Latest AmourShipping AMV

You honestly think ash can win the league with just his unova pokemon? if he couldn't win the sinnoh league with his sinnoh pokemon and his reserves, how the hell will he able to win the unova league!! OMG HOW? really, it's proven fact that his unova team cant stand up to his sinnoh team, yet you think he will win it without reserves.. Gahh
    Ya he needs to bring in infernape

Misty and brock were sidekicks and were not main characters, and so are iris and cilan, deal with it.
    http://www.serebii.net/anime/characters/

Tell Serebii to fix his site.

Just because they aren't competing in contests, does not make them sidekicks.

Just saying unless they actually battle onscreen no one can prove any team is objectively better regardless of how well they performed in the league. For all we know totodile might evolve twice, learn dragon dance, ice fang, superpower, and waterfall and sweep everything all in one battle.

0.000000000000000001% chance but it is the pokemon anime.

Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    Ya he needs to bring in infernape
    YES!!! infernape could win the league for ash.

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post

Uhh well to bad, they are sidekicks, Here's a little simple fact to remember, Ash is a main character, so other main characters has to be given the same treatment as ash, and do you honestly think iris and cilan are given the ash treatment? NO.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Just saying unless they actually battle onscreen no one can prove any team is objectively better. For all we know totodile might evolve twice, learn dragon dance, ice fang, superpower, and waterfall and sweep everything all in one battle.

0.000000000000000001% chance but it is the pokemon anime.
    Do you think that any pokemon ash has currently has on him could possibly take on infernape?
    Latest AmourShipping AMV

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post

This lol. Seriously pokemon needs to accept this.

This lol. Seriously pokemon needs to accept this.
    You are yet to provide me any proof that they are not side kicks, you cant though because they are sidekicks, anyways this isn't a character discussion thread so let's not okayy? i'm right anyways so i don't feel the need to argue to get my point across.
    Latest AmourShipping AMV

You are yet to provide me any proof that they are not side kicks, you cant though because they are sidekicks, anyways this isn't a character discussion thread so let's not okayy? i'm right anyways so i don't feel the need to argue to get my point across.
    And your proof that they aren't?? Saying they aren't treated like Ash is ******** concidering Ash's pokemon get **** half the time. Excadrill, Boldore, and Pansage have been treated better then half of Ash's Unova pokemon at this point.

And your proof that they aren't?? Saying they aren't treated like Ash is ******** concidering Ash's pokemon get **** half the time. Excadrill, Boldore, and Pansage have been treated better then half of Ash's Unova pokemon at this point.
    Yet oshawott get's better treatment then all of those pokemon combined, now can we stop, this isn't a character discussion thread.. Cmon, plus i have no need to argue anymore i have proven my point.
    Latest AmourShipping AMV

Yet oshawott get's better treatment then all of those pokemon combined, now can we stop, this isn't a character discussion thread.. Cmon, plus i have no need to argue anymore i have proven my point.
    Mijumaru and Piplup got treated better then Dawn and May combined so are they main characters now??

Mijumaru and Piplup got treated better then Dawn and May combined so are they main characters now??
    Piplup's VA actually got listed along with Ash and dawns in the main character section :P

No because they are pokemon you nut, and oshawott did not even get anywhere near the treatment may or dawn got, maybe piplup, but not oshawott, not even in a million years, piplup got more screentime in 10 episodes then oshawott has combined.
    Latest AmourShipping AMV

If I may give my two cents here, I do believe that Iris and Dento are main characters. The reason for this is that simply being a "sidekick" does not join ones status as a character. The category of characters generally go like this: Main, secondary and occasionally tertiary. Iris and Dento have received too much screen time to be secondary characters and by extension tertiary characters. On further qualification on why "sidekick" should not qualify as a character classification we have the fact that who ever is playing the role of Robin in the comics is generally considered by the comics as a main character during his tenure even though he is a sidekick.

Now back to the original discussion. I don't think Ash will win. Last league it was about Ash vs. Paul and the clash of ideals the two trainers dealt with. Now we have Ash vs. Trip and their clash. It would seem to me that the only way for Ash to win the league is if the final battle is in the top two. What will happen if the final battle is in the top two? Hell will be raised that a novice trainer made it to the top two of a Pokemon league.

More evidence for this is that Ash only makes it one round pass his main rival. For example in Kanto he made it one round pass Gary before he lost because of his Charizard and terrible referee. In Johto, immediately after he beat Gary he lost. In Hoenn, he didn't really have a main rival through out the reason. In Sinnoh, he lost after he beat Paul. From this I conclude that if Ash does win the league he will lose immediately afterwards which means this "champion tournament" that people want to see would be pratically non existent. That is my two cents.

Page 45 of 180 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595145 ... LastLast