Page 51 of 180 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 4477

Thread: BWS2-19 Unova League Begins [FIRST POST UPDATED 11/8]

Quote Originally Posted by shelldude400 View Post
    I think Bianca will take Stephan down, then Trip/Ash takes Bianca down.
    I think Ash will battle Kotetsu, as he hasn't battled him :P
    So Ash could defeat:
    Bianca
    Kotetsu
    Trip
    and lose to Virgil.
    Or he could beat Virgil and lose to someone else :P
    That seems very possible. Since Ash's last battle against Bianca was so long ago. And he hasn't battled Kotesu yet too. Perfect.

I think it will be Trip to take Stephan out. I basically have the same mindset as you all that Stephan will not go that far.

I'm guessing Ash will fight everyone else but Stephan. I'm hoping that the Unova League has an extra 6 vs 6 round like the Hoenn League because I want to see Trip, Kotetsu and Bianca all get a full battle with Ash. I'm not sure if I like Virgil or not, and I'm hoping he's not the obvious League winner.

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

Oh I get it, the World Tournament was for the rivals that aren't participating in the Unova league + Trip because he's the main rival and to make him seem threatening again.

Dear god I wanna see his full team and see which Pokemon the writers forgot. Serperior and Conkeldurr will probably be there, as well as probably a Vanilluxe. And I really wanna see Jellicent again because I enjoyed his Frillish battling. But I'm not banking on them remembering Chandelure or Unfezant...Especially with the former also being a ghost type.

Then again they remembered Zoey's freaking Finneon. I mean even I forgot she had that thing. Though they forgot Nando's Sunflora...

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    I think it will be Trip to take Stephan out. I basically have the same mindset as you all that Stephan will not go that far.

I'm guessing Ash will fight everyone else but Stephan. I'm hoping that the Unova League has an extra 6 vs 6 round like the Hoenn League because I want to see Trip, Kotetsu and Bianca all get a full battle with Ash. I'm not sure if I like Virgil or not, and I'm hoping he's not the obvious League winner.
    I see Ash battling Shooti in the top 8.

Bel in the Top 4.

Kotetsu/Viirgil in the Top 2.

Koharu(Selfish-Gothimu trainer) and Kenyan will be beaten by the above mentioned, but not Ash.

I guarantee Ash faces Kotetsu. They wouldn't have Ash bond with the guy and then never battle him

Quote Originally Posted by Endoplasmic Reticulum View Post
    Dear god I wanna see his full team and see which Pokemon the writers forgot. Serperior and Conkeldurr will probably be there, as well as probably a Vanilluxe. And I really wanna see Jellicent again because I enjoyed his Frillish battling. But I'm not banking on them remembering Chandelure or Unfezant...Especially with the former also being a ghost type.
    Well of course Trip is going to have other pokemon that his six that have been shown so far. He was laughing at Ash for only having five way back at their club battle. I don't think it's a matter of the writers remembering.

For some reason I see Trip having an Elektross.

Quote Originally Posted by Cresselia92 View Post
    I thought that too. Now there is Virgil, who people think will take Tobias's place. At this point, nothing is certain.
    Virgil is appearing before the league and getting a proper introduction.

Instead of being "I'm the Dakrai guy and my name is Takuto(I think it means talent in japanese), deal with it"...

Plus he just has Eevees I still don't get why everyone thinks he will win, I still think he is the perfect oponent for Satoshi to beat in a coperative battle(2v2/3vs3).

Actually I think he will lose to someone in a 2vs2 with Eevee and Vaporeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post

Instead of being "I'm the Dakrai guy and my name is Takuto(I think it means talent in japanese), deal with it"...

Plus he just has Eevees I still don't get why everyone thinks he will win, I still think he is the perfect oponent for Satoshi to beat in a coperative battle(2v2/3vs3).

The Darkrai trainer was only created not because Ash are planned to win the league. NOT. It's because is the only believable method of eliminate Ash from the League using one episode. And not only with that we needed to close the Dawn/Hikari and Brock/Takeshi stories. Because this, the Sinnoh League don't have preliminaries, a battle was skipped and finally this is why Ash/Satoshi doesn't go to Kanto until the last minute.
    I think that Pokemon is beautiful and has its charm

Serebii, Bulbagarden

Note: I decided to not post post that had cause hate to me anymore. If you see one, please PM me and I will delete the moment I'm aware and I'm online.

I need to take a break in the anime forum because these forum bored me.

2 on 2 in a league? not happening.
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

Quote Originally Posted by (P.O.K.E.M.O.N.) View Post
    hoenn league, already happened. so it all depends how they wanna do the league.
    My Final B2-normal mode- team:

Quote Originally Posted by Eneci View Post
    hoenn league, already happened. so it all depends how they wanna do the league.
    Yup.
    Also, since Double battles were introduced in that gen and triple battles in this one, we may get a 3v3 which is pretty good for Virgil :P
    3DS Friend Code: 0473-8153-4660 (Fairy safari)
    I'll fix my sig eventually....
    Emerald Nuzlocke Team: Fire Red Randomizer Nuzlocke Team:
    Black 2 team:Y Team:
    Predictions for Ash's team:
        Spoiler:- Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by shelldude400 View Post
    Yup.
    Also, since Double battles were introduced in that gen and triple battles in this one, we may get a 3v3 which is pretty good for Virgil :P
    And a good way to showcase almost every Eeveeevolution. (6 on 6 triples!)

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

It seems pretty clear Ash won't get to fight all of his rivals at the League, but this is how I view everything going down:

Ash will defeat Trip - It's obvious, he's his main rival and always defeats them at the league.
    Trip will defeat Bianca - Ash has already defeated Bianca, yet Bianca has defeated Trip in the Donamite, Trip will get his revenge like he did with Cilan.
    Ash will defeat Stephan - The two have an average kind of rivalry, none of them seem stronger than the other, Ash being the main character seems liable to defeat him.

Kotetsu and Virgil are difficult to decide. One of them could potentially defeat Ash at the League, or they could both lose before he does. I don't know, but i'm confident with the three above.

Biancas lost twice to Stephan in the tournament, I can easily see her getting revenge on him at league

Quote Originally Posted by (P.O.K.E.M.O.N.) View Post
    We had double battles in a league before, in Hoen I belive or am I wrong?

The Unova League could be like the Johto League where every contestant simply wins 2/3 battles, that way all of the rival matchups could happen.

Quote Originally Posted by fer92 View Post
    The Darkrai trainer was only created not because Ash are planned to win the league. NOT. It's because is the only believable method of eliminate Ash from the League using one episode. And not only with that we needed to close the Dawn/Hikari and Brock/Takeshi stories. Because this, the Sinnoh League don't have preliminaries, a battle was skipped and finally this is why Ash/Satoshi doesn't go to Kanto until the last minute.
    So basically the writers realize they've ****ed up putting so many unecessary fluff in sinnoh and had to rush the entire last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    The Unova League could be like the Johto League where every contestant simply wins 2/3 battles, that way all of the rival matchups could happen.
    A mini points league? where two of the 4 qualify to continue?

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    Eewww.. I didn't like that.. :P

But it could lead to something interesting, but it will in general lead to a tie and a win for Ash, and in general less rivals being faced in the end.

Eitherway, to respond to one of your earlier posts, why wouldn't he face each of them? The Hoenn League had Ash face around six opponents:

- The guy with Hitmonlee
    - The guy with Poopbag and Bananatree <-momentarily forgot their names...
    - Harry Potter
    - Katie
    - Morrison
    - Tyson

Considering Ash has literally ten pokemon to use, why can't he have as many battles?
    1. Stephan
    2. Virgil
    3. Bianca
    4. Kotetsu
    5. Trip
    6. Newguy.

I see your logic, and all I can think of that it's very reminiscent of Sinnoh, with Barry losing to Paul. But actually happened there has everything to do with Barry being a Paul fanboy when he first appeared. It was part of his story to lose to Paul, and see that he shouldn't have glorified him as much as he did.

With Bianca losing to Trip? Not so much.. There's literally no connection between the two, not even anything that comes close to a 'rivalry'.. What would the endresult be? Serperior beating yet another Fire-type? Boring... Yes, Bianca beat Trip in their last encounter, but Bianca has been beaten twice by Stephan..

- Bianca vs. Stephan: Bianca
    - Bianca vs. Trip: Trip

Then we'd have lost two 'developed' rivals at the expense of Trip. Add a round-robin/Johto-effect in their, and we'll see Stephan vs. Trip, resulting in Stephan's loss yet again, eitherway, Stephan would be made redundant. And it will cut Ash's league down to around four/five battles (depending on the auditionary phase), which isn't something we want to see.

Auditionary phase - 1vs1:
    - Ash vs. Random/Katheryn
    Round robin1 - 3vs3:
    - Stephan, Bianca, Trip
    Round robin2 - 3vs3:
    - Ash vs. Kotetsu and Virgil
    Full battle round 1:
    - Ash vs. Trip: Ash
    Full battle round 2:
    - Ash vs. Random: Random

If this happens, then we should beg that the reserves aren't going to be used!

Unless it ends up like something like this:
    -
    Auditionary phase - 1vs1:
    - Ash vs. Katheryn/random
    Round robin - 3vs3:
    - Top 96 - Ash vs. Kotetsu and Stephan
    Triple Battle round:
    - Top 32 - Ash vs. Virgil
    Full Battle rounds:
    - Top 16 - Ash vs. Bianca
    - Top 8 - Ash vs. Trip
    - Top 4 - Ash vs. Winner of the cup

I'd love to see the above happening. Because it means for lots of pokemon to get used. Because lets be honest, aside from the Hoenn-league, none of the leagues ever managed to give a good showing to Ash's regional team.
    - Kanto: Charizard got zip, Pidgeotto got zip.. Squirtle got an ending shot, similar to Snorlax in Sinnoh, and honestly never used reserves like Kingler and Muk got a victory.
    - Johto: While Johto-team did appear in fights, the Kanto team took over, most notably Charizard and Snorlax running through most of Gary and Harrison's teams.
    - Hoenn: Got the biggest league till date ALL to themselves. Even pokemon like Glalie got massive wins in this one, unfortunately, never since.
    - Sinnoh: In a ridiculous effort, the Sinnoh pokemon barely got to fight outside of their battle with Paul. The only ones being used again were Staraptor and Gible..
    - Unova: With Ash having the most build up team in terms of numbers/evolutions and having used them throughout the series, I would cry if I only got to see them each used once and reserves from previous regions being added.

I acknowledge that the Sinnoh group could definitely use it, but it's not in the story for them to appear. Whereas in Sinnoh, it was all about Paul and Ash having gone through the same works, and both having such a back catalog and that it was just Ash's decision to travel with his new ones. And didn't need his most powerful ones to help him through the region and chose to get stronger with his new bunch, and hence therefor only brought them in when his new bunch was ready and on par with the rest. In Unova, he doesn't really need to show anybody that he has all this powerful pokemon, because nobody outright said to him that relying on weak pokemon was stupid. Ash never was inclined to saying something like: "Well, I have strong pokemon at home, but I choose to use my new friends to get stronger."

Oh well, this was a ridiculous plea, but I hope you understand where I'm coming from. I'm looking at textual references.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Locormus the problem is once again too much of a coincidence that he doesn't match up with his rivals and they don't match up against each other either.

I think Sinnoh did that well by putting Jun vs Shinji.

Its just not realistic to expect that he battles every known character.

Locormus the problem is once again too much of a coincidence that he doesn't match up with his rivals and they don't match up against each other either.

I think Sinnoh did that well by putting Jun vs Shinji.

Its just not realistic to expect that he battles every known character.
    Who cares if it's realistic, sure you didn't think that the Round 2 battle in Sinnoh was appropriate to have? Not to mention how it was dealt with??? When it comes to the league, or even pokemon for that matter, 'realism' flies out of the door for me.

- Kanto didn't have Ash battle Gary, but the only other known character (Ritchie). This was due to the extension of the series being known and thus postponed to Johto.
    - Johto had Ash battle every known character, aside from Casey, who didn't make it to the league.
    - Hoenn had Ash battle every known character, and more.
    - Sinnoh had Ash battle every known character, even Conway who we didn't know was participating before hand, aside from Barry, who's story revolved more around his fanboyism of Paul, then anything else, thus it made sense.
    - Unova: No rivals have any storyline directly linked to another rival (as Barry and Paul did, albeit one way), thus why shouldn't we expect it to happen?

I'm telling you, the only two times that Ash didn't directly battle one of his 'rivals' was due to story elements. Story elements that we effectively don't have in Best Wishes.
    - Gary at the Indigo League: By that time the extension of the originally planned 1.5 year show meant that the writers could push this battle to the Johto league.
    - Barry: His plot was about how he fanboyed on Paul too much, and had to realize the hard way that Paul wasn't everything that he cracked up to be.

I get what you're saying, but the argument isn't supportive enough for me to agree. Unless there is a clear sign that a rival vs. rival matchup would be better in the league due for storytelling purposes, then I'd agree, but not because of it needing to be realistic, or 'Bianca beat Trip last time, now it must be the reverse'.

I'm also not saying that it definitely won't happen, just that prior leagues have told us the contrary.
    Last edited by Locormus; 30th September 2012 at 4:12 PM.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Yeah, there is absolutely no need for previous Pokemon to be used here. The writers have had Ash capture 10 Pokemon specifically for this purpose, so he can use a varied selection of 10 in the league.

As a big fan of Zard, Infernape, Squirtle, etc I'd love to see them used - but this isn't the time. Hopefully a filler saga will see the return of the old classics.

Fingers crossed Ash makes the final this time. I'd rather he didn't do what he did between Johto and Hoenn where he didn't move at all, but I can see it happening just to allow the writers to delay pulling the trigger on a league victory for Ash for another x amount of years.

Which is dumb, because Ash winning a league won't ruin his character or anything, but there you go.

Also no, I'd rather Ash didn't battle all of his rivals. I think you can use established, strong "secondary" rivals to make others look stronger. For instance, if this Eevee guy beats Stephan - the winner of that fighting tournament - then Eevee guy looks super-strong all of a sudden and a tough opponent for Ash. I think that's more interesting than Ash running some kind of rival gauntlet.

The round 2 battle in the sinnoh league proves that as long as Ash doesn't fight an important character, he too can pull off an easy curbstomp win ;p

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    The round 2 battle in the sinnoh league proves that as long as Ash doesn't fight an important character, he too can pull off an easy curbstomp win ;p
    That was Snorlax vs Grumpig right? we have no idea how the rest of that fight went so you can't really call it a curbstomp

For me Ash needs to face Stephan, Bianca and Trip! And I want him to face them cause they are long term rivals and not some Newbies!!
    Kotestu as the new surprise rival inserted into the opening Ash will face him for sure.

Virgil on the other hand can face trip if they want in a double battle or so! Would be interesting to see Him and his Eevees make Trip sweat hard!
    My Final B2-normal mode- team:

Page 51 of 180 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast