Page 8 of 180 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

Thread: BWS2-19 Unova League Begins [FIRST POST UPDATED 11/8]

Man , The Opponent's in this League sucks !
    A Over-gloried Rookie , A Dense Girl , A Clueless Boy and A Complete Eevee Trainer !
    Virgil would have been cool if he was stock with Just Eevee and Eeveelution !

Quote Originally Posted by ConUxie223 View Post
    Wow.. Just reading through all of the pages makes you see how people don't accept new concepts and ideas -_-

Starting with the Oak'es reserves thing: No, Ash does not need to troll us by calling Prof. Oak for the reserves again like he did in Sinnoh. No, he does not need them to win because he has 10 Pokemon that he has captured prior to the league and has been shown training throughout the saga, even if his other reserves are neglected so?! He didn't brig them with him to Unova so why would he care that they haven't battled now? They had their own leagues to shine in, why would the Unova team have to share the spotlight with them? Ash has worked really well with this time ever since the 1st gym, while people ignore all the training he does and calls his powerful Pokemon "babies" because their not big and rough like his Sinnoh team! And we all saw how he writers did them by bringing back his old Pokemon and having them share the spotlight with them. Why should the writers make a mistake like that again? Because some people think that's how he got far? When he could get just as far with his Unova only-team! This is not the time for the writers to send back in his old Pokemon, its the time for his Unova team to shine and be the beast some of the fans doubt them to be.
    Ash not using reserves is not a new concept or idea. Look at Hoenn.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    DP Ash, Kanto Ash, BW Ash... They're the same person.
    With different brains. Consistent characterization problems. Well, it doesn't really matter, Trip or no, Ash will lose at the league end, as always.
    Quote Originally Posted by deathseer View Post
    Basically any interesting idea you have when speculating about new regions invariably ends with:
    - Ash showing up in a new region with Pikachu without a clue how to do anything besides battling and breathing;
    - He accidentally runs into the new new girl who will be the main companion;
    - He meets a creepy older gentleman* who will follow him around and do the things Ash apparently is either not smart enough to do, or expects that someone will it for him.

*Averted. Now, we have a gadget maniac and his hyper-active lil' sis.
    Platinum FC - 1075 8811 5380

Quote Originally Posted by DuquĘ? View Post
    With different brains. Consistent characterization problems. Well, it doesn't really matter, Trip or no, Ash will lose at the end.
    No, he will not lose in the end since his biggest threat is Serperior.

Quote Originally Posted by vodor View Post
    If Ash was set to lose Unova League then why does writer has to make him lose all other Tournament ????
    That's actually the main reason why I think Ash may actually win this time. Unless there's some hugeass tournament post league which he wins. He always gets SOMETHING.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

If Ash was set to lose Unova League then why does writer has to make him lose all other Tournament ????
    So people don't expect him to win the league. You see going by the tournaments is not good idea as there are many different ideas that can stem from them.

Option #1: He loses all previous tourneys, so that way his loss at the league is expected.
    Option #2: He loses all previous tourneys, so that way his victory at the league is justified
    Option #3: He wins all/one previous tourney(s), so that way his loss at the league is expected.
    Option #4: He wins all/one previous tourney(s), so that way his victory at the league is justified.

Either way, this isn't the end of the season and a filler arc is more than likely where he can win there.

Random : PokéRadar

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    Ash is likely going to win the league this time.
    A couple months ago you said that he would definitely win the League. Now you're saying that he'll likely win it. So, which one is it? Either way I think you're wrong, but I would like an explanation before I criticize your predictions.

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    So people don't expect him to win the league. You see going by the tournaments is not good idea as there are many different ideas that can stem from them.

Option #1: He loses all previous tourneys, so that way his loss at the league is expected.
    Option #2: He loses all previous tourneys, so that way his victory at the league is justified
    Option #3: He wins all/one previous tourney(s), so that way his loss at the league is expected.
    Option #4: He wins all/one previous tourney(s), so that way his victory at the league is justified.
    Ash always wins something every major saga.

Kanto = First saga, so the badges alone were accomplishment
    Orange = Wins the league
    Johto = Beats his longtime rival Gary, wins some minor one-off events
    AG = Wins the Battle Frontier
    DP = Wins tag battle tournament, defeats Paul and defeats two legendaries

How would losing to 3 tournaments in Unova and then to an all Eevee team accomplish anything?

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Ash always wins something every major saga.

Kanto = First saga, so the badges alone were accomplishment
    Orange = Wins the league
    Johto = Beats his longtime rival Gary, wins some minor one-off events
    AG = Wins the Battle Frontier
    DP = Wins tag battle tournament, defeats Paul and defeats two legendaries

How would losing to 3 tournaments in Unova and then to an all Eevee team accomplish anything?
    BW isn't over after the league. If you included the Battle Frontier with AG then you never know what he might accomplish after the Unova league which would still be BW.

BW isn't over after the league.
    Exactly. There's no new BF in the games, no other Gym leaders to face.

If Ash wins the league he can enter the Champion-esque events that Cynthia constantly brings up/.

What do you think will happen after the league? i kinda want the world tournament

But the Unova region very well could.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Either way, this isn't the end of the season and a filler arc is more than likely where he can win there.
    Ya , A filler ark about some worthless thing like Battle frontier & Orange League with nobody competing against him !
    Those Achievement isn't even a achievement!
    Even a Rookie could be better then Ash without ever trying to achieve them!

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    How long have you been under the impression that Ash had to accomplish anything in this saga? I thought the writers made it clear years ago that they only care about the entertainment aspect of the anime, not the story. I don't know why some people are so hung up on Ash's performance at the League; you'd think it was the most important thing ever.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Kira View Post
    How long have you been under the impression that Ash had to accomplish anything in this saga? I thought the writers made it clear years ago that they only care about the entertainment aspect of the anime, not the story. I don't know why some people are so hung up on Ash's performance at the League; you'd think it was the most important thing ever.
    He at least has one major accomplishment every generation.

The fact that his reserves are in the Be An Arrow opening makes me think that there is either another Battle Frontier, Orange Island Type season or Champion League where Ash calls his reserves back. If it is the Champion League, then that means Ash will win the League. If it is another Battle Frontier or Orange Island League type of season, Ash will lose the League and win one of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    The fact that his reserves are in the Be An Arrow opening makes me think that there is either another Battle Frontier, Orange Island Type season or Champion League where Ash calls his reserves back. If it is the Champion League, then that means Ash will win the League. If it is another Battle Frontier or Orange Island League type of season, Ash will lose the League and win one of those.
    Agreed, and since it looks like he's only using Unova pokemon in the league, they're being saved for the Champion league.

So, assuming that the league is over by, let's say BW2 Ep. 27ish. That really gives approximately 30 more episodes to kill before gen 6.

My 3DS Friend Code is 4656-7001-6257
        Spoiler:- Ghost Friend Safari:

Spoiler:- Hall of Fame:

Agreed, and since it looks like he's only using Unova pokemon in the league, they're being saved for the Champion league.
    i hope he atleast uses some reserves from oak in the league and use his main team for trip

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Kira View Post
    So, You want Ash to have cutesy adventure without achieving anything while he friend have great achievment .
    There no point of watching a anime if the Protagonist doesn't Achieve anything.
    There nothing entertaining about a Guys always failing achieve anything!

Quote Originally Posted by OshaMijuWott View Post
    So, assuming that the league is over by, let's say BW2 Ep. 27ish. That really gives approximately 30 more episodes to kill before gen 6.
    There won't be a generation 6 until they actually make generation 6 games, so we can't really tell when it will happen. We can have a 2 years filler saga, or a 2 months filler saga (ok, not that extreme but you get my point), but will only come out when the games do too

So, You want Ash to have cutesy adventure without achieving anything while he friend have great achievment .
    There no point of watching a anime if the Protagonist doesn't Achieve anything.
    There nothing entertaining about a Guys always failing achieve anything!
    lol funny vodor. 3 of his friends had great achievements lol, those were Harrison, Tyson and Tobias... no being a gym leader isn't an achievement if we don't find out how it happened :P and Ash has won the orange league and the battle frontier, so that's pretty good. remember ash was facing OP Pokemon

If Ash wins the league he can enter the Champion-esque events that Cynthia constantly brings up/.
    Maybe they made Ash and his Pokemon look bad on-purpose so we can think he will never then they actually make Ash's Pokemon barely but skillfully defeat some random COTD all up to Trip in the finals then win the Conference AND....only for him to lose to Marshall one elite four member away from the champion Iris.....NO!

Except for losing to Marshall but defeating Alder with his Oaked reserves, If this does happen semi halfway, I will take back every bad thing I said about the Best Wishes. If not, I HAVE FURY and cookies but I'll get over it.

As for the filler saga, if Ash wins the League by being runner-up or actually winning all like all games players at the end, he can compete in a champion gauntlet for the filler, show his old Pokemon, evolve some Unova Pokemon and reveal the 6th generation Pokemon.

WHO KNOWS WHAT WILL HAPPEN! (i nozes)
    Yeah..... I changed my signature....

Has Cynthia brought it up while she was in Unova? I don't think so.

There's the Sinnoh BF that never got fully shown. They could come to Unova due form a request from Caitlin and/or Cynthia.
    There's the many World Tournaments.
    A Team Plasma arc.

Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    What do you think will happen after the league? i kinda want the world tournament
    There's the Sinnoh BF that never got fully shown. They could come to Unova due form a request from Caitlin and/or Cynthia.
    There's the many World Tournaments.
    A Team Plasma arc.

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    But the Unova region very well could.
    Even so, it would still be cataloged under Best Wishes, so if Cyber included Ash's accomplishment of the BF in Kanto in AG, then idk why he can't lose the league like Kanto & Hoenn and go on to win something important in the filler arc.

Ya , A filler ark about some worthless thing like Battle frontier & Orange League with nobody competing against him !
    Those Achievement isn't even a achievement!
    Even a Rookie could be better then Ash without ever trying to achieve them!
    Yes those are worthless. I'm tempted to call you something but I won't.

He at least has one major accomplishment every generation.
    Like I said BW wouldn't be over so...

"Even so, it would still be cataloged under Best Wishes, so if Cyber included Ash's accomplishment of the BF in Kanto in AG, then idk why he can't lose the league like Kanto & Hoenn and go on to win something important in the filler arc."

Or something else.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSirPeras View Post

lol funny vodor. 3 of his friends had great achievements lol, those were Harrison, Tyson and Tobias... no being a gym leader isn't an achievement if we don't find out how it happened :P and Ash has won the orange league and the battle frontier, so that's pretty good. remember ash was facing OP Pokemon
    Those were Time Pass , Not achievement !
    He didn't even have to compete with Anyone for them.

You really expect a Champion League? Fighting Elite 4 plus Champion? You expect the following:
    -Is going to be a gap between the League and that Elite 4 arc. Don't think that the next episode is going to be Ash vs Elite 4. Like 7-20 episodes.
    -When did happens expect the following:
    -With each member of the Elite 4, at most we have four 4 vs 4 (if not 3 vs 3). I don't think we have all 6 vs 6 except the Champions.
    -Of course the Elite 4 we have fighting are Shauntal, Grimsley, Marshall and Caitlin.
    I expect like 8 episodes from the Champions League:
    3 episodes with the first three members.
    2 episodes with the four member
    3 episodes with Ash vs Champion.
    This, if not one episode less.

All of this is are going to challenge the Unova Elite 4. Things that seeing his accompliments in Unova doesn't seem very likely.
    If Ash challenge the Champion, it's going to challenge things like Bouffalant not Garchomp because in the anime canon Cynthia isn't Chgampion from Unova.
    I think that Pokemon is beautiful and has its charm

Serebii, Bulbagarden

Note: I decided to not post post that had cause hate to me anymore. If you see one, please PM me and I will delete the moment I'm aware and I'm online.

I need to take a break in the anime forum because these forum bored me.

Page 8 of 180 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast