Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ten year old age limit no longer applies?

Default Ten year old age limit no longer applies?

http://www.pocketmonsters.net/images...6112110062.png

On here it shows the 128 competitors for the Unova league. Out of all of those many looked like they were far younger than 10. In fact Ash actually looks like an older competitor here. So do you think you no longer have to be 10 to get your first pokemon and collect badges?

What? They all look like 10 year old or older to me. ._.;

I am sure you had to be 10 to get a Pokedex and starter Pokemon. In the games, namely BW, you have preschoolers with Pokemon. Sure, they are weak little Patrats and Lillipups, but still.

Anime canon: There is a 10 year old age limit. If there wasn't an age limit, then Max probably wouldn't have been travelling with Ash, May, and Brock.
    Game canon: Said age limit is completely non-existant. Play BW or BW2 for a bit and you'll run into some preschoolers.

I notice there are less characters who look like adults. Tobias' certainly was an adult, Tyson looked like an older teen, and Nando was an adult. There are certainly more kids than adults at this league, but maybe that because the pictures are small, it's harder to judge.
    Last edited by Lunanight; 11th November 2012 at 7:53 PM.

I still think that you must have at least ten years old to get your Pokédex, starter Pokémon, and all the stuff.
    But I'm sure that a 14 years old could get the same stuff, he's just getting interest to it later, that's all.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

I don't see why age qualification of other competitors matter when theres a 98% chance they won't release the info.

We see old characters here ... Deino in Don Battle ... Gothita girl in Donamite againt Cilan ... Gothita Girl who wanted Scraggy for her Gothita ... The blond guy with Heatmor in Junior Cup ... Do you see others known characters ? We saw also the Junior Cup's Trainer with Symbioz
    Last edited by sSerenity; 11th November 2012 at 8:29 PM.

Some people look so weird. Norman and Brock had a baby.

I see Lancalike from the first Don Tourney.

I like the girl with the hat and the boy who's hair covers his eyes. XD
    Last edited by JennaJayfeather; 11th November 2012 at 8:18 PM.

I know this doesn't really associate the rule for the ANIME but in the B/W games they have kids such as preschoolers with level 15 Pan Pokemon, and they look about 4!!! Also, stuff like this has also cropped up in D/P, and Maybe HG/SS, i don't know???
    Hey guys, please sign up to my RPG The Archetype, we need more members!

Spoiler:- text:

I am a proud member of Join the fight.
    Credit goes to Avenger Angel for making the RP's awesome banner. Thanks Bron and Neo for the awesome RP

Huh... guess we can all assume none of these people own more the maybe 3-4 evolved Pokemon
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

The games have always had young people in it, ever since RSE when double battles came in and we started facing young twin girls and 'tubers'.

The anime however, has always had a strict 10+ age limit on being a trainer of any kind.. They could still have Pokemon at a young age, they just couldn't travel with them and use them competitively.
    OR Playthrough - Route 118

This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

Quote Originally Posted by sSerenity View Post
    We see old characters here ... Deino in Don Battle ... Gothita girl in Donamite againt Cilan ... Gothita Girl who wanted Scraggy for her Gothita ... The blond guy in Junior Cup ... Do you see others known characters ?
    the guy with golett from the junior cup is it.
    50% of Serebii users are relapsing pokemon fans...if you are among those that never got off the band wagon...copy and paste this in your sig (started by CyberBlastoise)...

After seeing the image none of those trainers look younger than 10. Also the Japs er animaters did a decent job of making most of them look unique.
    DON'T LET OTHERS DEFINE YOU!
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Nintendo Network ID: Marbi-Z
    3DS Friend Code: 4596-9457-8718
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    I Love LOPUNNY and I Love GARDEVOIR too!
    Wanna battle and/or exchange 3DS Friend Codes?
    PM or VM me!

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...aguek.png/sr=1

I color the characters we know
    Yellow : Main characters
    Green : COTD from previous episodes

5 cotds found ... And you ?

Edit : 6 with the guy with golett from the junior cup
    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...ta_%28Unova%29
    Last edited by sSerenity; 11th November 2012 at 8:39 PM.

Who'd of thought they'd rehash some characters :O
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

I've seen the pics and i have to agree that some of the competitors look under 10. I can understand that having little kids running around with a dragonite or something wouldn't be a great idea. But you've probably noticed in the games there are preschoolers who have weak little pokemon, like patrat, so maybe there are younger people competing. I'm not saying their preschooolers just younger than 10. Or they could just look like they're less than 10 when actually they aren't.

Always watching. Always waiting. Never truly at peace in a realm of its own.
    Giratina will return....someday.

Oh dear, just realised Iris was running around training an Excadrill, building up her 99 wins when she was like 8..
    OR Playthrough - Route 118

This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

Well, you can only get your Pokedex once you're 10. But, you can have a Pokemon at any age. They do look quite young to me. But, until they're shown I have no clue.

Most of the characters in the anime are way more older looking then 10, Misty, May, Dawn , and Iris already proved this.

That image is too low quality to give us a good look at the people in it, really. It's hard to determine anyone's ages.

(I do like that some old COTDs are at least making a cameo at the league, though.)

98% of the teenage population has died smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
    Good old natural selection...

That guy from the Don Battle is back, cool.

It'd be weird if he wins.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    http://www.pocketmonsters.net/images...6112110062.png

On here it shows the 128 competitors for the Unova league. Out of all of those many looked like they were far younger than 10. In fact Ash actually looks like an older competitor here. So do you think you no longer have to be 10 to get your first pokemon and collect badges?
    Simplest answer is that either those competitors are older than they look or Ash is older than the narrator said.

They all look 10 to me. The camera seems to have zoomed in on a few of them to make them look chubby cheeked.

What's more alarming is that there only seems to one one Trainer there over 30. I guess after a certain age you're told to go home and be a Family Man.

On here it shows the 128 competitors for the Unova league.
    On a completely unrelated note N is not there so we can stop that nonse -

Whoa! OH! Gothorita's slave. Bottom and last to the right.

I also spot a Don Battle participant. Great.

I'm kind of amazed that they actually took the time to draw out each participant. That information will only be up there for a collective 30 seconds max. I know some users like to talk about " blowing the budget ". This seems like a bigger waste of resources then most of their ideas.

Ash's Unova look makes him look older...funny?

The only one who looks older than 10 to me is the Lance lookalike

I find it more hard to believe that some of those kids managed to get 8 badges. There must be some wimpy gyms out there that we don't know about xD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast