Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 41474849505152 LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 1277

Thread: BWS2-18 Virgil & Team Eevee [FIRST POST UPDATED 10/19]

  1. #1251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander18 View Post
    Ash losing to an team of Eevee evolutions is bad writing, if he was to lose, I perfer someone with a powerful team. And I doubt Ash is gonna do the Indigo league again.
    A new eevee from a new region could be introduced to us here and that could beat Ash?? Just few ideas.

    Why people think hes going to beat Ash, I just think cuz he was introduced at the last second unlike the other rivals, like Tobias was.
    Not saying hes this all great mighty personXD Hes got obssesed fans already???
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

    Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

  2. #1252
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,857

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander18 View Post
    Ash losing to an team of Eevee evolutions is bad writing, if he was to lose, I perfer someone with a powerful team. And I doubt Ash is gonna do the Indigo league again.
    ...What? Eeveelutions can be pretty devastating. Vaporeon, Espeon, Umbreon and Jolteon can all be pretty useful competitively. Virgil's team is already incomparable to basically every other Unova rival.

    breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

  3. #1253
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Italy, the Green Boot
    Posts
    4,160

    Default

    I'm actually interested in Virgil and that hasn't anything to do with the Eeveelutions (or at least, they don't influence much my judgment). What I like about Virgil is his back-story. The fact that he helps the people in his hometown. I... like rescue people : they tend to have their heads on their shoulders and to think rationally about the various problems, finding the best solution acording of the situation. Will he keep cool even during the heat of a battle? I have no idea, but if he can solve problems with people I bet he can solve problems and situations in the battlefield too.

    Only a couple of days left and we'll know the truth.
    Last edited by Cresselia92; 13th November 2012 at 10:30 PM.
    MY MAIN FANFICS


    Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

    Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

  4. #1254
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,047

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cresselia92 View Post
    I'm actually interested in Virgil and that hasn't anything to do with the Eeveelutions (or at least, they don't influence much my judgment). What I like about Virgil is his back-story. The fact that he helps the people in his hometown. I... like rescue people :they tend to have their heads on their shoulders and to think rationally about the various problems, finding the best solution acording of the situation. Will he keep cool even during the heat of a battle? I have no idea, but if he can solve problems with people I bet he can solve problems and situations in the battlefield too.

    Only a couple of days left and we'll know the truth.
    Of course he will keep cool on the battlefield. Think about Harrison. He'd probably be a lot like him.

  5. #1255
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,604

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander18 View Post
    Ash losing to an team of Eevee evolutions is bad writing, if he was to lose, I perfer someone with a powerful team. And I doubt Ash is gonna do the Indigo league again.
    How is that bad writing? I hope people aren't still judging them by their appearances.

  6. #1256
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    ...What? Eeveelutions can be pretty devastating. Vaporeon, Espeon, Umbreon and Jolteon can all be pretty useful competitively.
    And here we are again, saying that anime =/= games.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    Virgil's team is already incomparable to basically every other Unova rival.
    what makes you say that about a bunch of monotypes? a normal or a Dark type can dent any of the eevelutions and receive neutral damage.
    IGN: Carlos
    FC: 0903-2783-6541

    [CENTER]SIGNATURE SOON...[/COLOR]

  7. #1257
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Italy, the Green Boot
    Posts
    4,160

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ludiloco View Post
    what makes you say that about a bunch of monotypes? a normal or a Dark type can dent any of the eevelutions and receive neutral damage.
    Normal type: beaten by a possible Double Kick
    Dark type: beaten by possible Pin Missile, X-Scissor or Signal Beam

    But really, only because a team is made by monotypes does that mean that the team is weak? A secondary typing can be a bless or a curse. Spiritomb and Sableye are blessed because their typing gives them no weak points, while Abomasnow and Celebi are cursed because their typings grant them six weaknesses and one double weakness.

    Really, judging negatively a Pokemon only because it has one type is a bit premature. I'd rather see the Eeveelutions in action before saying that they're pathetic. For me they have potential, but we'll see.
    Last edited by Cresselia92; 13th November 2012 at 10:42 PM.
    MY MAIN FANFICS


    Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

    Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

  8. #1258
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Iris' vagina
    Posts
    105

    Default

    All the rivals who end up beating Ash in the regional leagues have something in common: they have pokemon that are unique to the region they are competing in (well, maybe not Ritchie).

    Harrison- Pokemon from the Hoenn region
    Tyson- Meowth in boots
    Tobias- Legendary pokemon

    Virgil too, falls into this category. The fact that he has a team of eeveelutions makes him unique, as they they are not native to the Unova region. Virgil also shares another similiarity with the rivals (excluding Ritchie) who end up beating Ash- he looks older and seems to have an air of maturity about him. The fact that he is part of a rescue team implies that he is mature and that he carries a certain level of responsibility, he even ends up rescuing Ash (Tyson saving Ash from Team Rocket anyone?). There's no solid proof that Virgil will be the one to defeat Ash but if the past leagues are anything to go by, Virgil seems the most likely rival to beat him.

  9. #1259
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,047

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cresselia92 View Post
    Normal type: beaten by a possible Double Kick
    Dark type: beaten by possible Pin Missile, X-Scissor or Signal Beam

    But really, only because a team is made by monotypes does that mean that the team is weak? A secondary typing can be a bless or a curse. Spiritomb and Sableye are blessed because their typings gives them no weak points, while Abomasnow and Celebi are cursed because their typings grant them six weaknesses and one double weakness.

    Really, judging negatively a Pokemon only because it has one one type is a bit premature. I'd rather see the Eeveelutions in action before saying that they're pathetic. For me they have potential, but we'll see.
    Wow, remember the days when people used to be entertained by Pokemon and realize it was an anime and enjoyed it for different reasons than the games?

  10. #1260
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,259

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander18 View Post
    Ash losing to an team of Eevee evolutions is bad writing, if he was to lose, I perfer someone with a powerful team. And I doubt Ash is gonna do the Indigo league again.
    Eevees are powerfull even in the game, most of them are from excelent to good in competitive battling besidees Flareon.

  11. #1261
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cresselia92 View Post
    Normal type: beaten by a possible Double Kick
    Dark type: beaten by possible Pin Missile, X-Scissor or Signal Beam

    Really, judging negatively a Pokemon only because it has one type is a bit premature. I'd rather see the Eeveelutions in action before saying that they're pathetic. For me they have potential, but we'll see.
    Exactly. Wait till Virgil makes his debut to still judge if he can defeat Ash or not at the league.

    His purpose in the anime so far is to promote eevelutions, nothing else until the league.
    IGN: Carlos
    FC: 0903-2783-6541

    [CENTER]SIGNATURE SOON...[/COLOR]

  12. #1262
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Italy, the Green Boot
    Posts
    4,160

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    Wow, remember the days when people used to be entertained by Pokemon and realize it was an anime and enjoyed it for different reasons than the games?
    *sips a glass of nonalcoholic cocktail* I do remember, but the times are different. Now people are more competitive and aggressive, follow more the game mechanisms, have Internet, know what EVs and IVs are, breed thousands and thousands of Pokemon, hunt down Shinies and Pokerus, soft-reset the Legendaries until they get the ones with the best Natures and IVs, use inhuman movesets like Leech Seed/Substitute/Toxic/Gyro Ball...

    You can't stop the progress. You have to move with it and analyze the actual present. We still can't go back in time, you know. *nods*

    ---

    Anyway, I defend Virgil and the Eeveelutions because they have the right to receive a proper judgment. If they indeed suck as characters... I'll move aside. Simple as that.
    MY MAIN FANFICS


    Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

    Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

  13. #1263
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,047

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cresselia92 View Post
    *sips a glass of nonalcoholic cocktail* I do remember, but the times are different. Now people are more competitive and aggressive, follow more the game mechanisms, have Internet, know what EVs and IVs are, breed thousands and thousands of Pokemon, hunt down Shinies and Pokerus, sof-reset, use inhuman movesets like Leech Seed/Substitute/Toxic/Gyro Ball...

    You can't stop the progress. You have to move with it and analyze the actual present. We still can't go back in time, you know. *nods*

    ---

    Anyway, I defend Virgil and the Eeveelutions because they have the right to receive a proper judgment. If they indeed suck as characters... I'll move aside. Simple as that.
    Yeah but your posts are SO BORING XD

  14. #1264
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Italy, the Green Boot
    Posts
    4,160

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    Yeah but your posts are SO BORING XD
    *noble accent* My Sir, with all due respect to your maybe-not-so-noble lineage, methinks that you are mistaken. My posts are rational and done by a lady in the ending of her adolescence. As such, they may be easily misunderstood by people who appreciate the simple art and not historic masterpieces made by sophisticated artists like Picasso or the Smeargle Cubism. All that unappreciated art... what a shame. Truly a shame. *shakes head*

    ... XD

    ---

    I wonder if Virgil's brother will have a role in the story. Maybe he helps his brother during the missions, but I think he will have virtually no impact in the episode.
    Last edited by Cresselia92; 14th November 2012 at 11:13 AM.
    MY MAIN FANFICS


    Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

    Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

  15. #1265
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,047

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cresselia92 View Post
    *noble accent* My Sir, with all due respect to your maybe-not-so-noble lineage, methinks that you are mistaken. My posts are rational and done by a lady in the ending of her adolescence. As such, they may be easily misunderstood by people who appreciate the simple art and not historic masterpieces made by sophisticated artist like Picasso or the Smeargle Cubism. All that unappreciated art... what a shame. Truly a shame. *shakes head*

    ... XD

    ---

    I wonder if Virgil's brother will have a role in the story. Maybe he helps his brothers during the missions, but I think he will have virtually no impact in the episode.
    Or you are just a boring poster XD

  16. #1266
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    On a Sea-Train, to Kalos! UK
    Posts
    1,598

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    Oshawott doesn't have a speaking appearance here, its va wasnt listed
    I thought so, well Oshawott doesn't necessarily need a speaking appearance to make an appearance and I just wanted to see one of those running gags of his!

    Ash: Now I choose you!
    Electro Ball!

    -Pikachu: PikaPika-Chu-Pi!-

  17. #1267
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Pluto
    Posts
    4,205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    Yeah but your posts are SO BORING XD
    I think her posts are very creative,smart and funny^^

  18. #1268
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    A new eevee from a new region could be introduced to us here and that could beat Ash?? Just few ideas.
    A Dragon Eevee form !

    Seriously, I wanna see this episode. I like the eeveelutions so...
    Is there a story to this episode ? A rescue mission is upcoming ? Or we just know that Virgil and his eevee's are un rescue team ?
    « Be the leaf... »

    my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

  19. #1269
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    221b Baker Street
    Posts
    11,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Papousse View Post
    A Dragon Eevee form !

    Seriously, I wanna see this episode. I like the eeveelutions so...
    Is there a story to this episode ? A rescue mission is upcoming ? Or we just know that Virgil and his eevee's are un rescue team ?
    Virgil is investigating a frozen dam

  20. #1270
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In the Dutch Mountains
    Posts
    8,747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A.F.M View Post
    All the rivals who end up beating Ash in the regional leagues have something in common: they have pokemon that are unique to the region they are competing in (well, maybe not Ritchie).

    Harrison- Pokemon from the Hoenn region
    Tyson- Meowth in boots
    Tobias- Legendary pokemon

    Virgil too, falls into this category. The fact that he has a team of eeveelutions makes him unique, as they are not native to the Unova region. Virgil also shares another similiarity with the rivals (excluding Ritchie) who end up beating Ash- he looks older and seems to have an air of maturity about him. The fact that he is part of a rescue team implies that he is mature and that he carries a certain level of responsibility, he even ends up rescuing Ash (Tyson saving Ash from Team Rocket anyone?). There's no solid proof that Virgil will be the one to defeat Ash but if the past leagues are anything to go by, Virgil seems the most likely rival to beat him.
    But they are, you can capture them in the Unova region.. They're from Gen1, but they sure as heck are native in Unova as well, otherwise Virgil wouldn't have existed at all.

    Your first argument falls flat. Unique to the region means that they can only be obtained in that region. The opposite would be 'exclusive to other regions'. So either your mixing up words, or your argument is not fundated to well. That being said:
    - Harrison: Had Hoenn pokemon, they were not from unique to Johto, but exclusive to Johto, or Gold/Silver/Crystal if you may.
    - Tyson: Meowth are obtainable in Emerald, and were obtainable in Fr/Lg, which was out at the time at the league.
    - Tobias: Had Latios. Which was available in HgSs at the time.

    To counter your argument, all trainers, except Harrison, blatantly just had pokemon that were available at the time of their respective leagues. Whatever you're trying to say doesn't add up, aside for Harrison. And especially not for Virgil, because Eevee are readily capturable in B2W2.

    And to make matters worse for you, Kotetsu has a Riolu, and that's when your argument fails at life.

    The part of where he is a member of his families rescue team implies that he has to work for his family, not that he's more mature per se. Notice the scene in the preview where his dad flies off with the jet? He probably only goes on this mission because his dad is already away.

    Kotetsu saved Ash as well from falling off a cliff.. Again an argument that falls flat.

    On the otherhand we have Kotetsu, who's a carboncopy of Ritchie, a writing tool.. So tell me now who the most likely to beat Ash is:
    - A. A marketing tool, meant to sell toys but not to interfere with the story too much.
    - B. A writing tool, meant to be an aspect to which the audience can relate and can move the story forward.

    I agree there's no solid proof..

    Quote Originally Posted by Cresselia92 View Post
    Normal type: beaten by a possible Double Kick
    Dark type: beaten by possible Pin Missile, X-Scissor or Signal Beam
    You're saying that as if a Dark-type is only restricted to using Dark-type moves. What if said Dark-type also uses Fighting, and Ground-type moves? Can I say 'beaten' as well? No, because the argument is halfbaked, because this is the animé we're talking about ;P

    Quote Originally Posted by Papousse View Post
    A Dragon Eevee form !

    Seriously, I wanna see this episode. I like the eeveelutions so...
    Is there a story to this episode ? A rescue mission is upcoming ? Or we just know that Virgil and his eevee's are un rescue team ?
    Pokemon Rescue Team: Magnagate and the Infinity Labyrinth? The story, from what I've heard is apparently the following (with a little bit of deduction):
    - Ash and co are going to Higaki city for the league.
    - While walking on a cliff, Ash falls off.
    - Suddenly they stop falling, and this is due to Espeon.
    - The Espeon gets Ash safely onto the ridge again and there the group meets its trainer: Virgil.
    - They tag along with Virgil to his families Rescue Station.
    - While there, Virgil reunites with his other Eeveelutions, que marketing ploy.
    - Apparently, his father just received a mission and heads off in a plane with his Stoutland, leaving Virgil and co to head the base while he's gone.
    - Then suddenly a new mission comes in: The dam is mysteriously frozen and this needs checking into.
    - Deduction: Virgil isn't sure if he should go because he's only in the training phase and he shouldn't leave the base unstaffed.
    - But he goes anyway, because that's what Shonenstories are all about, and Ash and co tag along.
    - When they arrive on the scene, they notice that several Cryogonal are present and they try to fight them off, but the reason for their lashing out is unknown.
    - The group checks for more, and decide to enter the dam.
    - There they find the reason:
    - Deduction: This is as of yet unknown to us, but might well have something to do with the Bisharp shown in the preview, who:
    - Deduction A: Is wild and usurped the Cryogonal's territory with force: Steel > Ice.
    - Deduction Plasma: The Bisharp is owned by the Shadow Triad and they are prepairing something at the dam, with Kyurem being the eventual goal.
    - Deduction A continued: The group fights off whatever is bugging the Bisharp or the Bisharp itself with a twist here or there, and eventually everybody is happy.
    - Deduction Plasma continued: The group tries to fight off the Shadow Triad, they capture Virgil's Eevee, Ash and co fight them and eventually get Eevee back, and everybody is happy.
    - After returning to the rescue station, Ash and co head off to Higaki City, where the league is about to commence.
    - Deduction Plasma continued: A little extra scene similar to what TR got during Operation Tempest.
    - Most importantly: The preview for the following week!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    Virgil is investigating a frozen dam
    Or this.. :P
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

  21. #1271
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    But they are, you can capture them in the Unova region.. They're from Gen1, but they sure as heck are native in Unova as well, otherwise Virgil wouldn't have existed at all.

    Your first argument falls flat. Unique to the region means that they can only be obtained in that region. The opposite would be 'exclusive to other regions'. So either your mixing up words, or your argument is not fundated to well. That being said:
    - Harrison: Had Hoenn pokemon, they were not from unique to Johto, but exclusive to Johto, or Gold/Silver/Crystal if you may.
    - Tyson: Meowth are obtainable in Emerald, and were obtainable in Fr/Lg, which was out at the time at the league.
    - Tobias: Had Latios. Which was available in HgSs at the time.

    To counter your argument, all trainers, except Harrison, blatantly just had pokemon that were available at the time of their respective leagues. Whatever you're trying to say doesn't add up, aside for Harrison. And especially not for Virgil, because Eevee are readily capturable in B2W2.

    And to make matters worse for you, Kotetsu has a Riolu, and that's when your argument fails at life.

    The part of where he is a member of his families rescue team implies that he has to work for his family, not that he's more mature per se. Notice the scene in the preview where his dad flies off with the jet? He probably only goes on this mission because his dad is already away.

    Kotetsu saved Ash as well from falling off a cliff.. Again an argument that falls flat.

    On the otherhand we have Kotetsu, who's a carboncopy of Ritchie, a writing tool.. So tell me now who the most likely to beat Ash is:
    - A. A marketing tool, meant to sell toys but not to interfere with the story too much.
    - B. A writing tool, meant to be an aspect to which the audience can relate and can move the story forward.

    I agree there's no solid proof..



    You're saying that as if a Dark-type is only restricted to using Dark-type moves. What if said Dark-type also uses Fighting, and Ground-type moves? Can I say 'beaten' as well? No, because the argument is halfbaked, because this is the animé we're talking about ;P



    Pokemon Rescue Team: Magnagate and the Infinity Labyrinth? The story, from what I've heard is apparently the following (with a little bit of deduction):
    - Ash and co are going to Higaki city for the league.
    - While walking on a cliff, Ash falls off.
    - Suddenly they stop falling, and this is due to Espeon.
    - The Espeon gets Ash safely onto the ridge again and there the group meets its trainer: Virgil.
    - They tag along with Virgil to his families Rescue Station.
    - While there, Virgil reunites with his other Eeveelutions, que marketing ploy.
    - Apparently, his father just received a mission and heads off in a plane with his Stoutland, leaving Virgil and co to head the base while he's gone.
    - Then suddenly a new mission comes in: The dam is mysteriously frozen and this needs checking into.
    - Deduction: Virgil isn't sure if he should go because he's only in the training phase and he shouldn't leave the base unstaffed.
    - But he goes anyway, because that's what Shonenstories are all about, and Ash and co tag along.
    - When they arrive on the scene, they notice that several Cryogonal are present and they try to fight them off, but the reason for their lashing out is unknown.
    - The group checks for more, and decide to enter the dam.
    - There they find the reason:
    - Deduction: This is as of yet unknown to us, but might well have something to do with the Bisharp shown in the preview, who:
    - Deduction A: Is wild and usurped the Cryogonal's territory with force: Steel > Ice.
    - Deduction Plasma: The Bisharp is owned by the Shadow Triad and they are prepairing something at the dam, with Kyurem being the eventual goal.
    - Deduction A continued: The group fights off whatever is bugging the Bisharp or the Bisharp itself with a twist here or there, and eventually everybody is happy.
    - Deduction Plasma continued: The group tries to fight off the Shadow Triad, they capture Virgil's Eevee, Ash and co fight them and eventually get Eevee back, and everybody is happy.
    - After returning to the rescue station, Ash and co head off to Higaki City, where the league is about to commence.
    - Deduction Plasma continued: A little extra scene similar to what TR got during Operation Tempest.
    - Most importantly: The preview for the following week!!!



    Or this.. :P
    Ash beats his dumber twin, Bel beats/loses to Eevee boy, Bel beats Ash and Stephan. There, eveybody wins .
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  22. #1272
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Iris' vagina
    Posts
    105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    But they are, you can capture them in the Unova region.. They're from Gen1, but they sure as heck are native in Unova as well, otherwise Virgil wouldn't have existed at all.

    Your first argument falls flat. Unique to the region means that they can only be obtained in that region. The opposite would be 'exclusive to other regions'. So either your mixing up words, or your argument is not fundated to well. That being said:
    - Harrison: Had Hoenn pokemon, they were not from unique to Johto, but exclusive to Johto, or Gold/Silver/Crystal if you may.
    - Tyson: Meowth are obtainable in Emerald, and were obtainable in Fr/Lg, which was out at the time at the league.
    - Tobias: Had Latios. Which was available in HgSs at the time.

    To counter your argument, all trainers, except Harrison, blatantly just had pokemon that were available at the time of their respective leagues. Whatever you're trying to say doesn't add up, aside for Harrison. And especially not for Virgil, because Eevee are readily capturable in B2W2.

    And to make matters worse for you, Kotetsu has a Riolu, and that's when your argument fails at life.

    The part of where he is a member of his families rescue team implies that he has to work for his family, not that he's more mature per se. Notice the scene in the preview where his dad flies off with the jet? He probably only goes on this mission because his dad is already away.

    Kotetsu saved Ash as well from falling off a cliff.. Again an argument that falls flat.

    On the otherhand we have Kotetsu, who's a carboncopy of Ritchie, a writing tool.. So tell me now who the most likely to beat Ash is:
    - A. A marketing tool, meant to sell toys but not to interfere with the story too much.
    - B. A writing tool, meant to be an aspect to which the audience can relate and can move the story forward.
    I was wrong to use the word unique, that was a simple mistake as a result of trying to post when I'm tired but my argument still stands. Harrison, Tyson, Tobias and Virgil all have something about them which makes them different to the other trainers competing in their respective leagues.

    - Harrison: Had Hoenn Pokemon in the Johto league

    -Tyson: Had a unique Meowth in boots (I never meant that Meowth was unique because it wasn't a pokemon native to the Hoenn region)

    Tobias- Legendary pokemon

    Virgil- Eeeveelutions in the Unova league (pokemon which haven't been seen in Unova in the anime)

    Also, game logic doesn't translate as smoothly into the anime as you suggest. In the anime, not one non-Unova pokemon appeared between Nuvema Town and Iccirus city. The only place you can catch an Eevee in B/w 2 is Castelia city (no non Unova pokemon were seen here in the anime) and the hidden grottos (which haven't been shown in the anime yet and may never be shown). By the way Don George reacted to seeing an "umbreon", I'd say owning an eeveelution in Unova is pretty special. Plus, we don't even know where Virgil or Kotetsu got their non native pokemon from. Either way, Virgil stands out more to me than Kotetsu as he has a team of non unova pokemon as opposed to just having one.

    Virgil has to take on the responsibility of completing a rescue mission in his fathers absence. He's probably the man of the house in his fathers absence (just like Brock, who was pretty mature and responsible)

    Kotetsu saved Ash but he also had to be saved as well. I doubt the likes of Tyson and Virgil would need to be saved by another person because they can't stand on their own two feet.

    Virgil fits the bill for me as the one who will defeat Ash.

  23. #1273
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,813

    Default

    When i wake up ill be seeing

    - New league rival
    - All eeveelutions as a rescue squad!
    -Show us how good of a trainer virgil is!
    -Preview for the league

  24. #1274
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,407

    Default

    So yeah Virgil's Eevee is female. So i am guessing Oshawott will pop out for like two seconds where he will flirt with her and then returned.

    Random : PokéRadar


  25. #1275
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,902

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    So yeah Virgil's Eevee is female. So i am guessing Oshawott will pop out for like two seconds where he will flirt with her and then returned.
    I don't know if we should trust that just yet... the game tends to program Pokemon to have a 50/50 gender in the PWT
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 41474849505152 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •