Page 49 of 52 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 1277

Thread: BWS2-18 Virgil & Team Eevee [FIRST POST UPDATED 10/19]

  1. #1201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    No people whined about other stuff, Gliscor, Ambipom, Gible, Hikari rivals, Jun, etc. I was being sarcastic even though thats actually true.

    -No she doesn't people whined she didn't get any screentime during BW1, she got all this screentime and anyone who is not mentally challenged understand that she got it because she was getting to Opelucid and we all knew she was getting episode related to her there.
    -Excadrill is her starter, all the girls starters were strong and she trained it, it wasn't like that, Dragonite was to challenge her and her growth and was done well unlike Togekiss.
    -No, she won one and didn't do anything spectacular in the others, one her Dragonite got out of control so you can't give her any merit for that or say she was glorified, the other her strongest pokemon at the time got tooled by a Troh, YES SHE DID FANTASTIC!!!!

    So all your arguments are BS stuff made up on your mind and you know I know you don't like her from the start so I'm being dumb to even answer you in Iris a Iris related post.

    OH the thread isn't about Iris btw.
    I'd like to debate with you about this in another thread but I won't here, in case you didn't look at my other comments unrelated to Iris I was getting back onto the suject so fun.
    I guess they really want to show off this guy, unlike that Tobias guy who came out of no where and beat Ash.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

    Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

  2. #1202
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    221b Baker Street
    Posts
    11,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    I'm excited to see Bisharp since we've only see Georgia's so far. I wonder what role it'll play?
    Best guess is it belongs to Virgils Brother or Father.

    Although I suppose it could also be wild. maybe disturbed by the cryogonal

  3. #1203
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In the Dutch Mountains
    Posts
    8,688

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    It's kind of hypocritical calling Virgil overglorified considering the treatment Iris had been getting all season.
    Which was all to lead up to her becoming a gymleader at the end of this series, so suck it up.

    Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    Best guess is it belongs to Virgils Brother or Father.

    Although I suppose it could also be wild. maybe disturbed by the cryogonal
    Nah, Virgil's dad apparently flew away with a Stoutland. I kinda doubt that they will request back up, as that would undermine Virgil. I'm betting the Bisharp is wild, or antagonistic.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

  4. #1204
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    2,413

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    No people whined about other stuff, Gliscor, Ambipom, Gible, Hikari rivals, Jun, etc. I was being sarcastic even though thats actually true.

    -No she doesn't people whined she didn't get any screentime during BW1, she got all this screentime and anyone who is not mentally challenged understand that she got it because she was getting to Opelucid and we all knew she was getting episode related to her there.
    -Excadrill is her starter, all the girls starters were strong and she trained it, it wasn't like that, Dragonite was to challenge her and her growth and was done well unlike Togekiss.
    -No, she won one and didn't do anything spectacular in the others, one her Dragonite got out of control so you can't give her any merit for that or say she was glorified, the other her strongest pokemon at the time got tooled by a Troh, YES SHE DID FANTASTIC!!!!

    So all your arguments are BS stuff made up on your mind and you know I know you don't like her from the start so I'm being dumb to even answer you in Iris a Iris related post.

    OH the thread isn't about Iris btw.
    Quoted for Truth. I don't at all find Iris being over-glorified. People are meaninglessly attacking her. The screen time she got was as much as comparable to Dawn or May.

    <--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

    FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \


  5. #1205
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Didney Worl
    Posts
    703

    Default

    I want to see this episode, I like eevees.


    Number of Genwunners = 100
    Number of people accused of being a Genwunner = 100 000 000 000 000 000
    Number of people complaning about Genwunners = 100 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000

  6. #1206
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Which was all to lead up to her becoming a gymleader at the end of this series, so suck it up.



    Nah, Virgil's dad apparently flew away with a Stoutland. I kinda doubt that they will request back up, as that would undermine Virgil. I'm betting the Bisharp is wild, or antagonistic.
    So? Still doesn't excuse all the meaningless hate towards Virgil just for existing and having the eeveelutions.

  7. #1207
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,598

    Default

    I didn't know Virgil got hate. Most people said was he doesn't seem very strong with a team of Eeveelutions. :/

  8. #1208
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    2,413

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    So? Still doesn't excuse all the meaningless hate towards Virgil just for existing and having the eeveelutions.
    How is hate a reply to hate? Although yes hating a characteror an episode before the actual episode seems to be the norm. I for one won't comment on Virgil till I watch the episode.

    <--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

    FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \


  9. #1209
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,855

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    It's seems unnecessary to suddenly market the hell out of the Eeveelutions (except maybe because there will be a 6th gen eeveelution.

    It's pointless, because May was the only main character who had an Eevee/Glaceon, however it wasn't used very much (more as an Eevee than Glaceon).

    Why wouldn't they give Ash/Iris/Cilan an eevee, if it was so important.

    Virgil's hardly an important character, and his milking his own eeveelutions, kind of defeats the purpose of marketing Eevee and it's evolutions, wouldn't a main character garner more "profit" than a last minute league only rival?
    It might have something to do with showing a new Eevee evolution or something later so why not show them off.

    My ideal battle ever!

  10. #1210
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Italy, the Green Boot
    Posts
    4,109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    It might have something to do with showing a new Eevee evolution or something later so why not show them off.
    Probably. If the pattern of introducing new Eeveelutions in each even generation is real then we'll get two or more Eeveelutions in the (speculated) new games.

    2nd Gen: Espeon and Umbreon
    4th Gen: Leafeon and Glaceon
    6th Gen: ???eon and ???eon, perhaps?
    MY MAIN FANFICS


    Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

    Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

  11. #1211
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    7,156

    Default

    Breezeon and Champeon(geddit?) would be my personal choices, to continue the tradition of one being super effective against the other.

    Gen 1: Electric > Water > Fire
    Gen 2: Dark > Psychic
    Gen 4: Ice > Grass
    Gen 5: Flying > Fighting?

    I would go on to list a whole range of other possibilities, but not only is this the wrong place to do so, but also the Flying & Fighting pair is all i want to see..

  12. #1212
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ariana's vocal cords
    Posts
    44,704

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YokoKurama View Post
    I didn't know Virgil got hate. Most people said was he doesn't seem very strong with a team of Eeveelutions. :/
    The people who were bashing his team only did so because they were threatened by Virgil. They know that he's going to defeat Ash at the League, so they bashed his Pokemon in order to vent their frustration. I personally think his team is incredibly diverse as far as types go and they can cover each other's weaknesses, which will probably make up for their lack of physical strength. It's funny though because if Virgil had a team of big bad Pokemon like Tobias did, people would still complain about him. It just goes to show that what I said earlier is more of a fact than an opinion.

  13. #1213
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Kira View Post
    The people who were bashing his team only did so because they were threatened by Virgil. They know that he's going to defeat Ash at the League, so they bashed his Pokemon in order to vent their frustration. I personally think his team is incredibly diverse as far as types go, which will probably make up for their lack of physical strength. It's funny though because if Virgil had a team of big bad Pokemon like Tobias did, people would still complain about him. It just goes to show that what I said earlier is more of a fact than an opinion. :x
    I agree with you.
    I mean Druddigon was shown to be not a strong dragon type but then Drayden shows up and his Druddigon beat Dragonite's butt quite easily. Why because he specializes in Dragon types and can bring out their potential. It's the same deal with the Eeveelutions, people kept saying that they never posed much of a threat yet this guy is a specialist in the evolutionary line and has all 8 members. Why can't this be their "redemption" just like how Druddigon got one?

    Random : PokéRadar


  14. #1214
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,598

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Kira View Post
    The people who were bashing his team only did so because they were threatened by Virgil. They know that he's going to defeat Ash at the League, so they bashed his Pokemon in order to vent their frustration. I personally think his team is incredibly diverse as far as types go and they can cover each other's weaknesses, which will probably make up for their lack of physical strength. It's funny though because if Virgil had a team of big bad Pokemon like Tobias did, people would still complain about him. It just goes to show that what I said earlier is more of a fact than an opinion.
    I agree. Bashing him won't solve anything. I'm already a fan of the Eeveelutions myself, so I already like the guy. But, when you mentioned being diverse, I haven't really thought of that. You're right as well in that department too. (^.^)

  15. #1215
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Italy, the Green Boot
    Posts
    4,109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Kira View Post
    The people who were bashing his team only did so because they were threatened by Virgil. They know that he's going to defeat Ash at the League, so they bashed his Pokemon in order to vent their frustration. I personally think his team is incredibly diverse as far as types go and they can cover each other's weaknesses, which will probably make up for their lack of physical strength. It's funny though because if Virgil had a team of big bad Pokemon like Tobias did, people would still complain about him. It just goes to show that what I said earlier is more of a fact than an opinion.
    I agree too. I think that some of them even bash the Eeveelutions just because they're Eeveelutions. But I actually have no problem with a team of elemental foxes. As you said, each one cover the weak points of the others and as such can be a quite threatening team, even in Single Battles (since people think that Virgil will only shine in Doubles or Triples. I think he can be good even in Singles).
    MY MAIN FANFICS


    Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

    Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

  16. #1216
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    521

    Default

    Eeveolutions are ex special type (fire water ice grass electric psychic dark) so the last one is dragon

  17. #1217
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    7,156

    Default

    Ex special type? Sorry, but can someone fill me in on this? :S

  18. #1218
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,598

    Default

    I've ponder upon that as well. I've seen people talking about it. But, I have no clue on what they mean.

  19. #1219
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    my secret lair
    Posts
    2,360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    Ex special type? Sorry, but can someone fill me in on this? :S
    Basically back before gen 4 certain types were physical and certain types were special dragon is the only one which used to be special that does not have an eeveelution

    this might help http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/battlechange.shtml

  20. #1220
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Italy, the Green Boot
    Posts
    4,109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    Ex special type? Sorry, but can someone fill me in on this? :S
    Quote Originally Posted by YokoKurama View Post
    I've ponder upon that as well. I've seen people talking about it. But, I have no clue on what they mean.
    Before the physical/special split in DP, the types were or physical or special.

    The physical types (which used the Attack and the Defense stats) were: Normal, Fighting, Flying, Poison, Ground, Rock, Bug, Ghost and Steel.
    The special types (which used the Special Attack and Special defense) were: Fire, Water, Grass, Electric, Psychic, Ice, Dragon, Dark.

    As you can see, all the Eeveelutions belonged to one of the previously called special types and the only one missing is Dragon.
    MY MAIN FANFICS


    Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

    Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

  21. #1221
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    221b Baker Street
    Posts
    11,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    Ex special type? Sorry, but can someone fill me in on this? :S
    for the first few gens moves were physical or special based on type rather then the move itself. for example all fire attacks (even things like fire punch were special). All the. eeveelution types are ones that used to be special back then. Which is why some people assume a dragon type eeveelution is next

  22. #1222
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,042

    Default

    I am just hoping for a good adventure episode with this one with a good script that has plenty of humor. Besides that, the only reason I am looking forward to this episode is to meet Virgil and his team since they will be at the League. I hope this will be on the same level as that other AMAZING episode that aired today on CN ("Explorers of Hero's Ruin").

  23. #1223
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,598

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cresselia92 View Post
    Before the physical/special split in DP, the types were or physical or special.

    The physical types (which used the Attack and the Defense stats) were: Normal, Fighting, Flying, Poison, Ground, Rock, Bug, Ghost and Steel.
    The special types (which used the Special Attack and Special defense) were: Fire, Water, Grass, Electric, Psychic, Ice, Dragon, Dark.

    As you can see, all the Eeveelutions belonged to one of the previously called special types and the only one missing is Dragon.
    Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    for the first few gens moves were physical or special based on type rather then the move itself. for example all fire attacks (even things like fire punch were special). All the. eeveelution types are ones that used to be special back then. Which is why some people assume a dragon type eeveelution is next
    Oooooh. That's why they call them Ex Special. Thanks you guys. Everything makes sense now.

  24. #1224
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,842

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    I agree with you.
    I mean Druddigon was shown to be not a strong dragon type but then Drayden shows up and his Druddigon beat Dragonite's butt quite easily. Why because he specializes in Dragon types and can bring out their potential. It's the same deal with the Eeveelutions, people kept saying that they never posed much of a threat yet this guy is a specialist in the evolutionary line and has all 8 members. Why can't this be their "redemption" just like how Druddigon got one?
    Druddigon as a species only had one lost though and that was a COTD. So I don't see how the species can be dubbed "weak" based on one battle were it not only was at a disadvantage, but the character using it wasn't important either.

    Another thing is people seem to think that Virgil is gonna be like Paul and switch out his Pokemon every time Ash sends in something that counters his current evolution. One, that's overestimating Virgil as a character (who we know nothing about right now) and two, Ash doesn't fall for the same tactic twice, if he keeps in a Pokemon that loses due to type disadvantage, he's not gonna call it a fluke and try the same tactic over again. Plus I've already mentioned it before in this thread (or somewhere) but the Eeveelutions (minus Vaporeon and even then) all have poorly one sided movepools.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  25. #1225
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Druddigon as a species only had one lost though and that was a COTD. So I don't see how the species can be dubbed "weak" based on one battle were it not only was at a disadvantage, but the character using it wasn't important either.
    Either way, even in the Emmy episode, it wasn't portrayed as awfully strong either.

    Another thing is people seem to think that Virgil is gonna be like Paul and switch out his Pokemon every time Ash sends in something that counters his current evolution. One, that's overestimating Virgil as a character (who we know nothing about right now) and two, Ash doesn't fall for the same tactic twice, if he keeps in a Pokemon that loses due to type disadvantage, he's not gonna call it a fluke and try the same tactic over again.
    It goes both ways, [people are also underestimating him just because he has Eeveelutions. We know nothing of his battle style so I don't see why you are stating that people are overestimating him as you don't know either. Ash doesn't fall for the same tactic twice? What? Buizel and Staraptor got caught by Drapion's tail, and Gliscor, Pikachu, and Infernape got caught by Electivire's tails. Even Reggie yelled at the screen wondering why Ash kept falling for it.

    Plus I've already mentioned it before in this thread (or somewhere) but the Eeveelutions (minus Vaporeon and even then) all have poorly one sided movepools.
    So do Ash's Snivy, Pignite, Oshawott, Scraggy and Leavanny. Your point is?

    Random : PokéRadar


Page 49 of 52 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •