Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why does everyone think Ash will lose to Cynthia?

Default Why does everyone think Ash will lose to Cynthia?

I'm talking about if he faces her officially, not like she faced Paul out in the open.

I love Cynthia, and I know she's stronger than Ash, hell I believe Misty is stronger than Ash.

But it strikes me how the majority of the fandom thinks when Ash takes the Elite Four challenge, he'll defeat everyone but Cynthia.

I'm not defending Ash, it just strikes me why people think this, I thought Ash was almighty and powerful.

Although, a loss to Cynthia show's he's still got tons of work to do.

With that said, he'll probably start off on a new journey again.

Any thoughts?

J i know you are a very smart and funny person and your posts prove that but come on. Ash defeating cynthia? He hasn't even defeated any elite 4 member let alone a champion. I think he has to improve and the way to do that is to beat the person who humiliated you in battle i.e Paul. Remember one step at a time.

The World God Only knows

well he would need to beat all the members of the elite 4 in order to get to cynthia

dont know about everyone else but i think garchomp is a big reason why people think ash will loose, even with his best pokemon, i can see it going all the way, but garchomp winning the final battle, after all if ash wins what is he to do now? if he is the best in the world there isnt really anything for him to do, and any future loss would be an embarrassment

Hasn't Ash sometimes lost in a major battle, if not most of the time. The uber team of Cynthia's vs. the underdog team of Ash? Hmm, sorry ash, he;s going to lose, maybe the first 3 times before he pulls a miracle like always

Quote Originally Posted by zeno48 View Post
    J i know you are a very smart and funny person and your posts prove that but come on. Ash defeating cynthia? He hasn't even defeated any elite 4 member let alone a champion. I think he has to improve and the way to do that is to beat the person who humiliated you in battle i.e Paul. Remember one step at a time.
    Haha, thanks.

But people, I'm not saying now, this can happen years after he beats other Elite Four.

Ash losing is actually great storyline.

Like I said before, I believe, no Know Misty is better than Ash herself.

Ash got a lot of free rides that he should make up for.

I just was curious, because if Ash can't beat Cynthia, how will he ever become a Master.

Simply because Cynthia is insanely powerful. She thrashed Paul and Ash has never beat him.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

If Ash goes all out with powerhouses, actually uses strategy, type advantages, and puts aside his training strategy and adopts Paul's for the battle, then MAYBE he'd win. If he went in like he is now, he'd take out 1 of her Pokemon. 2 tops. 3 if he pulls a miracle.

I just believe that there is no possible way for Ash to even conceive a thought of thinking about ever having a chance at getting anywhere near to beating Cynthia of all people, that's right I think Cynthia is the best, in the foreseeable future.

Cynthia is an adult and she has dedicated her entire life to creating as perfect a team as you can get. I just cannot even fathom how Ash would have even a ghost of a chance at beating Cynthia with even the best of his Pokemon, it wouldn't surprise me that one of Cynthia's Pokemon could sweep six of Ash's.

Knowing this we know that the Pokemon Anime is nowhere near ending as once Ash defeats a Champion what else is there to do. Ash's dream is to be a Pokemon Master and since the whole "Gotta Catch 'Em All" thing is dead now we can assume that being a Pokemon Master involves being an Elite Four member, Champion or Frontier Brain *.

Ash has a long, long way before he can beat Cynthia. He will again Oak/Release/put in Training all of his Sinnoh Pokemon, bar Pikachu, and then head off in the new region to do the exact same thing as he has done in the shows history.

* I take it that to be a Frontier Brain you not only have to beat all of the current Frontier Brains but you have to be of a certain age, have a perfect battle strategy, numerous kinds of fully evolved Pokemon and have passed rigorous amounts of training and tests.

Quote Originally Posted by terminoob View Post
    If Ash goes all out with powerhouses, actually uses strategy, type advantages, and puts aside his training strategy and adopts Paul's for the battle, then MAYBE he'd win. If he went in like he is now, he'd take out 1 of her Pokemon. 2 tops. 3 if he pulls a miracle.
    Unless Garchomp gets sent out first. Then he's screwed.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Black Doom View Post
    Unless Garchomp gets sent out first. Then he's screwed.
    I'm not sure if I would burst out in laughter or burst out in anger if Glalie weakened Garchomp then Charizard beat it.

Quote Originally Posted by terminoob View Post
    I'm not sure if I would burst out in laughter or burst out in anger if Glalie weakened Garchomp then Charizard beat it.
    Oh right. I was (falsely) assuming that Ash would use his Sinnoh team. In which case he would probably defeat just Garchomp.

But people, I'm not saying now, this can happen years after he beats other Elite Four.
    Will pokemon be going on that long? J did you hear what i said? The writers from the looks of it doesn't want Ash to beat any elite 4 member or he would have won a match by now. Ash is a good trainer but the elite 4 is in a whole different level.
    Like I said before, I believe, no Know Misty is better than Ash herself.
    J your killing me here, Why are you bringing up Misty? I think she has the advantage when it comes to water pokemon but other than that i don't think Ash has problems with her.
    I just was curious, because if Ash can't beat Cynthia, how will he ever become a Master.
    That's a good point but i don't think defeating cynthia is what is going to make Ash a pokemon master. It's a good start but not the whole point of why he is traveling and making new companionships and what not.

The World God Only knows

Quote Originally Posted by zeno48 View Post
    Will pokemon be going on that long? J did you here what i said? The writers from the looks of it doesn't want Ash to beat any elite 4 member or he would have won a match by now. Ash is a good trainer but the elite 4 is in a whole different level.
    I think at the end of the series, he might, but other than that, no he will not.

dunno, but he already lost the last pokemn league, so this can't be lost.
    Quote Originally Posted by otaku-dono
    I actually find people who don't like the tiering system don't fully understand it.
    ^^Exactly^^

Quote Originally Posted by Drifblim25
    Abomasnow Lv100 @Icy Rock
    ^^Epic Win^^

Cynthia is a Pokemon Champion. She has an elite team of Pokemon, most of which we haven't seen before.

Ash tends to use his current Pokemon in serious battles. So if he were to fight her, his team would lose despite the fact that half are fully evolved.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    Cynthia is a Pokemon Champion. She has an elite team of Pokemon, most of which we haven't seen before.

Ash tends to use his current Pokemon in serious battles. So if he were to fight her, his team would lose despite the fact that half are fully evolved.
    What exactly are you saying? You think Ash would use his Sinnoh team? I think not, since most of them are too inexperienced. She'd mop the floor with them.

Maylene's Lucario was a challenge, but Cynthia's might be a straight up obstacle.

Her Roserade won't be a pushover either.

Quote Originally Posted by J-boogie200 View Post
    Maylene's Lucario was a challenge, but Cynthia's might be a straight up obstacle.

Her Roserade won't be a pushover either.
    None of her pokemon are going to be remotely easy.

Cynthia is the strongest trainer in Sinnoh, and ash isn't "strongest trainer in x" level yet. Maybe at the end of the series, but not just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ijea4444 View Post
    Maybe at the end of the series, but not just yet.
    ^ This is probably the most likely scenario. I don't think the writers for the show are willing to give Ash champion-status just yet. He's still got lots to learn being the 10 year-old that he is, and just because he's been to many Leagues doesn't mean he's ready to face trainers such as Cynthia yet. Heck, he hasn't even been able to reach at least runner-up position in any of the leagues he's participated in.

Cynthia > Paul > Ash.

If Paul (who nearly swept Ash) couldn't beat her Ash certainly won't.

I think he will lose just for the sake of continuing the show. I mean, if he beat her, the writers would still make a way for it to seem like he needs to get stronger but it really wouldn't feel that way anymore because we already seen him beat someone who is pretty much considered a Pokemon Master. Everyone else would just seem unworthy, unless the champ of the next region uses nothing but legendaries.

To make Cynthia look like a tough rival/opponent to beat

Ash vs Agatha (Agatha)
    Ash vs Drake (Drake)
    Ash vs Lorelei (Lorelei)

Ash will not win. If he can't beat any Elite Four members he can't beat her.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Because Cynthia is apparently some god mode trainer that can't be defeated at all. No matter how good the trainer, she still wins like it was just a cake walk.

Seriously, I'm one of the few that hates Cynthia. The writers turned her into some unbeatable, smug little ***** that apparently knows everything about the Pokemon world. Even in an unofficial battle, one that would not blemish her rank as Champion in no way, she was made out to be the perfect trainer.

I know that she is a Champion, but she just comes off as smug to me. Even more so than Paul. She walks around and pretends to be humble, but she just comes off as a know-it-all.

I just don't like that just because she is a Champion, that she isn't allowed to lose. But at the same time, she is allowed to utterly destroy anyone who dares to try to take that away from her.

So in a sense I'm rooting for Ash to beat her. Not in an official Elite 4 battle, but an unofficial one like Paul. I say Ash will get as far as Lucien and lose to him. But she will be so impressed by his skills, she challenges him to a battle. And in the end, Ash comes out on top, but promises an official battle in the future.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast