Page 25 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: BWS2-14: Cinccino/Snivy [FIRST POST UPDATED 10/1]

Quote Originally Posted by DMerle View Post
    Decent, but with a blatant lack of variety.
    which is no different then the other starters

Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    she needs development but not necessarily new moves
    True...though she does need 1 new move, all Grass moves won't cut it if she faces someone with Sap Sipper*coughBouffalantcough*
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

which is no different then the other starters
    But the other starters have at least had one move upgrade, at some point or other. Hydro Pump/Fire Pledge are great moves in the anime, where Leaf Storm isn't anywhere near the game's power level, she at least deserves one new move before the league. All her moves are 'decent' but will decent cut it for the league? You can't compare her to Krookodile's moveset and say they are on the same level.

But the other starters have at least had one move upgrade, at some point or other. Hydro Pump/Fire Pledge are great moves in the anime, where Leaf Storm isn't anywhere near the game's power level, she at least deserves one new move before the league. All her moves are 'decent' but will decent cut it for the league? You can't compare her to Krookodile's moveset and say they are on the same level.
    Also, I find very strange that the starters, who appear quite often and represent the "core" of the team (in most players' teams), lack type variety in term of movesets. Probably they'll learn something pre-League or even during the League?

---

I still hold a little hope to see Snivy learning something new. But, knowing the writers, she'll probably learn Leaf Tornado at most... -_-
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

Quote Originally Posted by Cresselia92 View Post
    Also, I find very strange that the starters, who appear quite often and represent the "core" of the team (in most players' teams), lack type variety in term of movesets. Probably they'll learn something pre-League or even during the League?

---

I still hold a little hope to see Snivy learning something new. But, knowing the writers, she'll probably learn Leaf Tornado at most... -_-
    It's annoying, especially since BW2 came out and introduced a lot of variety in there movesets, I was hoping at the very least some of Ash's Pokémon would learn there new moves for BW2, still don't understand why they haven't done that. An episode like the Battle club episode where a few of Ash's Pokémon all learn moves would be awesome.

And they at least know Tackle(Oshawott's got that Water-Normal coverage).
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

It's annoying, especially since BW2 came out and introduced a lot of variety in there movesets, I was hoping at the very least some of Ash's Pokémon would learn there new moves for BW2, still don't understand why they haven't done that. An episode like the Battle club episode where a few of Ash's Pokémon all learn moves would be awesome.
    Really. A training episode held in a Don Battle Club, where Ash tries to teach them some moves by suggestion of Don George. Maybe not all Pokémon will learn a new move, but at least they'll have a "shuffled" moveset. And I can imagine Axew and Emolga (during her conflicts with Snivy) causing an uproar, adding a bit of humor to the episode for the little kids who don't want to see a Pokémon sweating (metaphorically speaking).

Sigh, but that's what we're getting: a cross-dressing episode. It may be entertaining, of course, but I won't be really surprised if we won't get anything worthy.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}

Quote Originally Posted by Shraeder View Post
    And they at least know Tackle(Oshawott's got that Water-Normal coverage).
    Oshawott forgot Tackle for hydro pump

Quote Originally Posted by p96822 View Post
    Oshawott forgot Tackle for hydro pump
    no he upgraded Water Gun into Hydro Pump just as tepig upgraded Ember to Flamethrower

Unlikely.. It is more likely to have lost Water Gun..

Hydro Pump
    Aqua Jet
    Tackle
    Razor Shell

..is likely to be his current moveset.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    Unlikely.. It is more likely to have lost Water Gun..

Hydro Pump
    Aqua Jet
    Tackle
    Razor Shell

..is likely to be his current moveset.
    But it's not lol.

But it's not lol.
    I'd laugh if Ash during a battle says:

Ash: Now Oshawott... use Water Gun!

Oshawott executes the move, but doesn't do much damage.

Ash: Oshawott, Hydro Pump!

Oshawott does that and the enemy is knocked out.

Ash: Good job, Oshawott!

Oshawott: Oshawa!

Me: O_O
    MY MAIN FANFICS

I want Oshawott to learn how to use ice wind so it can frezze thinks and scare Iris

I'd laugh if Ash during a battle says:

Ash: Now Oshawott... use Water Gun!

Oshawott executes the move, but doesn't do much damage.

Ash: Oshawott, Hydro Pump!

Oshawott does that and the enemy is knocked out.

Ash: Good job, Oshawott!

Oshawott: Oshawa!

Me: O_O
    With Ash it would be more like spam Water Gun and lose the battle, then use Hydro Pump in the next match.

what's with all the overabuse of water gun in the anime anyways, water pulse, waterfall, surf, hydro pump etc are soo underused.

With Ash it would be more like spam Water Gun and lose the battle, then use Hydro Pump in the next match.
    He didn't do it when he face Kenyan the frist time

Quote Originally Posted by p96822 View Post
    He didn't do it when he face Kenyan the frist time
    That episode was about his scalcop, so it was like a Razor Shell episode.

Also, I find very strange that the starters, who appear quite often and represent the "core" of the team (in most players' teams), lack type variety in term of movesets.
    I think the reason why they lack variety in there movesets in the anime is for the sole factor that they appear a lot.

As the animators are a bit lazy, they must gave asked the writers to not give new moves or moves which are difficult to animate to the core members, so it would be much easier work for them to animate.

Even if we look back to the past we would see that the starters or the core members have moves which are much easier to animate.

I mean how much difficult is it to draw moves like Vine Whip, Hydro Pump, Leaf Strom, Quick Attack, Aerial Ace, Leaf Blade, Flamethrower, etc than moves like Frenzy Plant, Fire Blast, etc.

Mostly, only the pokemons which appear less have a much better moveset and may have moves which are easier to draw. This is the case for Ash's pokemons.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    what's with all the overabuse of water gun in the anime anyways, water pulse, waterfall, surf, hydro pump etc are soo underused.
    Actually Hydro Pump isn't that much underused. It is one of the moves which is averagely used in the anime.

Though Water Pulse, Waterfall and Surf are really moves which are underused. Especially Surf whose last in-batttle animation was the best i have seen for any water type moves, but has only been used 6 times in the whole series with the last one being in Wallace Cup.
    Last edited by Lucario At Service; 23rd September 2012 at 7:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shraeder View Post
    You think a Pokemon with 3 attacking Grass moves and 1 Status move doesn't need development?
    I think she needs some development, just not physical development like evolution or learning new moves. But while we're on the subject, I don't understand why people constantly complain about certain Pokemon's move sets. We've known for a long time that the writers aren't capable of giving Pokemon diverse move sets (with a few exceptions like rival's Pokemon), so I don't get why this is relevant to the discussion of development for Tsutarja or any other Pokemon owned by Satoshi for that matter. I think Tsutarja needs emotional development more than anything, but I bet I'm the only one here who thinks that despite the overwhelming amount of evidence that suggests Tsutarja has emotional issues.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Kira View Post
    I think she needs some development, just not physical development like evolution or learning new moves. But while we're on the subject, I don't understand why people constantly complain about certain Pokemon's move sets. We've known for a long time that the writers aren't capable of giving Pokemon diverse move sets (with a few exceptions like rival's Pokemon), so I don't get why this is relevant to the discussion of development for Tsutarja or any other Pokemon owned by Satoshi for that matter. I think Tsutarja needs emotional development more than anything, but I bet I'm the only one here who thinks that despite the overwhelming amount of evidence that suggests Tsutarja has emotional issues.
    I actually agree on that. Usually, I would love to see a new move on Snivy or an evolution, but there has been talk about a scenario of Snivy getting her confidence broken, and during the episode people try to help her feel better. I still like a new move or evolution, but that seems good too.

Off Topic: can we change the name ?
    So Iris is pissed ! I doubt Iris will battle with Snivy considering ash refused to let her use her before
    I'd love for snivy to learn leaf tornado though i doubt evolution once again
    The anime where Stunfisks fly and Meowths talk. Where Oshawotts pop out of pokeballs and tranquills use wing attack. What more could you ask for, Oshawott evolving?. THE ANIME !

75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature. (Started by SkittyLover77)

The crew - Shun the Greninja , Wing the Talonflame , Tank the Gogoat , Ragequit the Tyrantum , Joules the Heliolisk & Melody the Sylveon.

Greninja all the way

If Snivy loses Leaf Storm in favour of Leaf Tornado, then I'll be quite annoyed.. The only way I would be accepting of this is if Leavanny then learns Leaf Storm instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Zariful View Post
    Off Topic: can we change the name ?
    So Iris is pissed ! I doubt Iris will battle with Snivy considering ash refused to let her use her before
    I'd love for snivy to learn leaf tornado though i doubt evolution once again
    It's a Snivy ep, the crossdressing is probably the highlight.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    If Snivy loses Leaf Storm in favour of Leaf Tornado, then I'll be quite annoyed.. The only way I would be accepting of this is if Leavanny then learns Leaf Storm instead.
    I'd consider leavanny learning it even worse then Snivy losing it. IF leavanny learns anythung new it really should be a bug move

I'd consider leavanny learning it even worse then Snivy losing it. IF leavanny learns anythung new it really should be a bug move
    Agreed. Bug Buzz , Struggle Bug or Signal beam a s Leavanny appears to be a long range attackers
    The anime where Stunfisks fly and Meowths talk. Where Oshawotts pop out of pokeballs and tranquills use wing attack. What more could you ask for, Oshawott evolving?. THE ANIME !

75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature. (Started by SkittyLover77)

The crew - Shun the Greninja , Wing the Talonflame , Tank the Gogoat , Ragequit the Tyrantum , Joules the Heliolisk & Melody the Sylveon.

Greninja all the way

Page 25 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast