Page 12 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: BWS2-15: Tag Battle [FIRST POST UPDATED 10/1]

Quote Originally Posted by Thing View Post
    Still here? Admit it, Haters. You're interested in this episode. <3
    Trust me, I'm really not. Just giving a reply to Kira seeing as how we agree on a lot of things.

Cilans pansage is the equivalent of dawns piplup. Of course its gonna be ovrrused over other more deserving pokemon.

Why is all this sudden obsession with Stunfisk (¬_¬)?, it was the same way back in OS with Misty´s Goldeen?

Pod was weak, Gothorita lasted 5 seconds, Basculin wasn't defeated, he was captured and I already mentioned the deer.
    Pretty much this. While Stunfisk is awesome, I kind of like Pansage being used here.
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Quote Originally Posted by Squirtle_007 View Post
    Why is all this sudden obsession with Stunfisk (¬_¬)?, it was the same way back in OS with Misty´s Goldeen?
    1 Its a derp god

2 they think it should earn equal treatment like Pansage

Pod was weak, Gothorita lasted 5 seconds, Basculin wasn't defeated, he was captured and I already mentioned the deer.
    Pod is definitely not weak. Even though it's true that he was going through training, he can't be weak if he managed to take out Ash in a battle after just some little training. Besides, he had a huge type-advantage too. And the Gothorita battle lasted much more than that, please go and rewatch the episode. Basculin was defeated, if not, it would've fought back, but as it was trapped on the platform it had been defeated by Pansage. And no, Sawsbuck wasn't weak itself, it was more a case of Cilan being in a completely different league and using great strategies.

And now I'll ask you, why would Pansage deserve another victory more than Stunfisk? Can you answer to that? Because you have as of yet avoided that question.

''The Girl Who Understands the Hearts of Dragons''

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Cilans pansage is the equivalent of dawns piplup. Of course its gonna be ovrrused over other more deserving pokemon.
    No he isn't. He's hardly done anything impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    Trust me, I'm really not. Just giving a reply to Kira seeing as how we agree on a lot of things.
    You <3 Cilan's battles like we all do. ^^

You agree on a lot of things...? What happened while I was inactive? >:O

Quote Originally Posted by FierceIris View Post
    Pansage deserve another victory more than Stunfisk? Can you answer to that? Because you have as of yet avoided that question.
    Because he's Pansage and he's supposed to be Cilan's premium brand or whatever, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
    Last edited by BurningSociety12345543210; 20th September 2012 at 10:57 PM.

Because he's Pansage and he's supposed to be Cilan's premium brand or whatever, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
    While Stunfisk hasn't received a ''real'' victory as of yet? Pansage can wait, and so can Crustle. If anyone needs development, it's Stunfisk.

It's like saying that Ash should spam Pikachu just because it's his strongest Pokémon, and then forget about all the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    And you base that on... what? All I said is that it should receive a somewhat development in battling, which it hasn't as of yet.

Pansage can wait, and so can Crustle. If anyone needs development, it's Stunfisk.
    Too bad that's not happening.

Too bad that's not happening.
    I'll take that as a sign of you not having anything better to say, thus throwing in the towel. Nice to ''discuss'' with you.

Pod is definitely not weak. Even though it's true that he was going through training, he can't be weak if he managed to take out Ash in a battle after just some little training. Besides, he had a huge type-advantage too. And the Gothorita battle lasted much more than that, please go and rewatch the episode. Basculin was defeated, if not, it would've fought back, but as it was trapped on the platform it had been defeated by Pansage. And no, Sawsbuck wasn't weak itself, it was more a case of Cilan being in a completely different league and using great strategies.
    I don't count the Basculin as a win because traditionally you do not knock out a Pokemon to catch them. That'd be like killing a fly, instead you just daze it a bit.

And now I'll ask you, why would Pansage deserve another victory more than Stunfisk? Can you answer to that? Because you have as of yet avoided that question.
    Pansage is Dento's mascot and the monkey's motions are fun to watch in battle?

Honestly I don't care what Pokemon he uses, I like them just the same.

And most likely this battle is to develop Ash's Pokemon. Pansage could get knocked out early.
    Last edited by JennaJayfeather; 20th September 2012 at 11:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    1 Its a derp god

And that´s why I ask if the same concern ocurred with Misty´s Goldeen, Stunfisk at least has a respectable losing record and a win, Goldeen just had TWO battles: One against a Tentacruel and another against James´s Victreebel

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    I don't count the Basculin as a win because traditionally you do not knock out a Pokemon to catch them. That'd be like killing a fly, instead you just daze it a bit.
    If a Pokémon is unable to battle any longer, I'd count it as a win. I count nearly every capture-battle as a win if the Pokémon they fight isn't able to continue any longer, which Basculin wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirtle_007 View Post
    And that´s why I ask if the same concern ocurred with Misty´s Goldeen, Stunfisk at least has a respectable losing record and a win, Goldeen just had TWO battles: One against a Tentacruel and another against James´s Victreebel
    Goldeen battled at the unofficial gym, too. Just sayin'.

If a Pokémon is unable to battle any longer, I'd count it as a win. I count nearly every capture-battle as a win if the Pokémon they fight isn't able to continue any longer, which Basculin wasn't.
    But it was just dazed. :/ That's not really a win. He chucked a ball at it. Maybe I have a hard time swallowing this because in the games you do not get EXP?

Though everyone forgot about his win against Minccino. :/

Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    Pansage could get knocked out early.
    But it's Dento's Yanappu, so it probably won't lose. The fact that Dento chose to use it against a Flying-type tells you that he had confidence in Yanappu and has a strategy planned that will keep Yanappu in the battle for a long time.

But it was just dazed. :/ That's not really a win. He chucked a ball at it. Maybe I have a hard time swallowing this because in the games you do not get EXP?
    I consider it to be a win, but that's because of the fact that I even consider Pokémon to receive ''EXP'' even when losing, if they perform well and learn from those losses, that is. In the animé they're real creatures, so I'd say that makes sense.

Actually my first thought was that they used Yanappu showing that this isn't Dento's battle. Well if Ash uses Palpitoad anyway.

Correct, you win a cookie
    Is this your first series?

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Kira View Post
    But it's Dento's Yanappu, so it probably won't lose. The fact that Dento chose to use it against a Flying-type tells you that he had confidence in Yanappu and has a strategy planned that will keep Yanappu in the battle for a long time.
    ;O I though it was weak and only Crustle did stuff.

Poor Crustle lost twice in his last 3 battles and was used as a toy for baby pokemon .

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Is this your first series?
    uh no. But it is one of fav sagas.

I consider it to be a win, but that's because of the fact that I even consider Pokémon to receive ''EXP'' even when losing, if they perform well and learn from those losses, that is. In the animé they're real creatures, so I'd say that makes sense.
    Well I don't know. XD But anyway, I kind of think you were being a bit harsh of Yanappu being used here though. :/ I mean, while Stunfisk development would be nice, but it doesn't need to happen every time.

uh no. But it is one of fav sagas.
    I'm just asking because it seems you watch pokemon because of Iris and thats the reason why you got into pokemon because its about the Iris.

Well I don't know. XD But anyway, I kind of think you were being a bit harsh of Yanappu being used here though. :/ I mean, while Stunfisk development would be nice, but it doesn't need to happen every time.
    It doesn't happen every time, it hasn't happened a single time, to be honest. That's why I'd much rather prefer to see Stunfisk.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Kira View Post
    Well there's a Ground type too...

So I'm guessing it's Drillbur and Braviary vs Pansage and possibly Palpitoad?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

It doesn't happen every time, it hasn't happened a single time, to be honest. That's why I'd much rather prefer to see Stunfisk.
    Let's just wait and see how this episode plays out. I mean, if Pansage doesn't gain anything from this, he isn't "stealing" Stunfisk's spotlight. And I'd rather a full episode dedicated to Stunfisk and Dento's bond

ANOTHER missing chance with BossToad and Derpfisk. They COULD have won Ash and Cilan the battle with the subway masters....BUT NO! Tepig and Pansage was used because one learned flamethrower and one could the train rails as tree branches....yet they lost to become punching bags with a OHKO!

Crustle and Boldore was okay and justified. Both Pokemon needed a good battle after their debut and they had an advantage of the bugs. SMART! Decent connection between the two in fighting style and backing each other up for the win.

Pansage and INSER YOU NAME HERE Hopefully Bosstoad.....I do not know....There is no chemistry between this? How is Pansage going to take advantage of anything in an empty field? Unless there is another Pokemon using Bullet seed on the duo before Ash and Cilan/ Ash and Iris/ Iris and Cilan fight them just to show off their combined strength....Derpfisk and BossToad are the best choices for them.
    Yeah..... I changed my signature....

Page 12 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast