Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 131

Thread: November Plot

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,472

    Default

    Three years before BW? Geez, that kind of scared me into thinking that Nate and Rosa would be passed off as the younger versions of Black and White. Which would not only suck, but make zero sense whatsoever.
    Pokemon Y Friend Code: 3282-3535-2249

    Friend Safari: Pansage, Petilil, Gogoat

    As of now, my focus is on Safaris with starters (barring Wartortle and Quilladin), but give me your Safari anyway. Chances are I'll find something interesting.

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    204

    Default

    It's just a prologue to set up Hugh's hatred of Team Plasma. I'm sure that the regular B2W2 arc will take place 2 years after BW, just like the B2W2 games.

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    327

    Default

    Hugh I think Looks smaller when he is 12,10, or 8 years old I think
    Credit for Spockisnotimpressed's Tumblr

    If you think the world should be a better place for everyone put this in you sig. (started by Mewmie the shiny Mew)

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,048

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fake Psychic View Post
    Hugh I think Looks smaller when he is 12,10, or 8 years old I think
    I think he is 9 years old in B2W2 prologue, because he may be 14 years old in B2W2.

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Unova
    Posts
    74

    Default

    I just recently heard that the magazine versions of pokespe may not ne the exact same as the volume versions. This gives me hope because now the Amanda=Cheren's Snivy theory I have could still be true because they could just remove mention of Snivy in Cheren and Blacks chapter at Driftveil.

  6. #106
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iml908 View Post
    I just recently heard that the magazine versions of pokespe may not ne the exact same as the volume versions. This gives me hope because now the Amanda=Cheren's Snivy theory I have could still be true because they could just remove mention of Snivy in Cheren and Blacks chapter at Driftveil.
    I don't believe Amanda could be Cheren't Snivy, because they have different personalities. Chere's Snivy hates getting dirty and has quick temper, and often exchanges glances with Cheren when they're both confused. Amanda is sort of a mystery, and she doesn't really do much apart from following White and battling under her command. She's also protective, which isn't like Cheren's Snivy at all. Also, the chapters were published about the same time, so if Kusaka wanted Cheren's Snivy to be Amanda, he would have done it then already.

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Unova
    Posts
    74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ReiZerou View Post
    I don't believe Amanda could be Cheren't Snivy, because they have different personalities. Chere's Snivy hates getting dirty and has quick temper, and often exchanges glances with Cheren when they're both confused. Amanda is sort of a mystery, and she doesn't really do much apart from following White and battling under her command. She's also protective, which isn't like Cheren's Snivy at all. Also, the chapters were published about the same time, so if Kusaka wanted Cheren's Snivy to be Amanda, he would have done it then already.
    Don't forget that some pokemon can change their personality upon evolution. The most famous example would be Ash's Charmander to Charmeleon. Also, White has no badges, and I guess Amanda needs to be a high level, and having badges is the only way to conrol a high level Pokemon.

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    297

    Default

    Extremely late, but whatever.

    Screw the BW climax, the B2W2 prologue is what's exciting me here. Can't wait to see more stuff from that chapter of the manga.

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iml908 View Post
    Don't forget that some pokemon can change their personality upon evolution. The most famous example would be Ash's Charmander to Charmeleon. Also, White has no badges, and I guess Amanda needs to be a high level, and having badges is the only way to conrol a high level Pokemon.
    I think that idea was tossed by the time Generation III came rolling around. Pokemon retain all their traits upon evolution, the only things that change are their appearances, rates of learning moves and stats. And yeah I seriously doubt that Cheren's Snivy is Amanda. Like the guy above me said, they have different personalities and seriously, isn't it a little too much to give Cheren BOTH the Wally treatment AND jack his starter? (well, Wally gave his up intentionally, you're saying that Cheren got his stolen) And btw it would make sense for there to be one set of Unova starters that fully evolved and another set that doesn't have one evolved Pokemon. That's my opinion but yeah very unlikely that Cheren's Snivy is Amanda.

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    474

    Default

    and plus, probably not a wise idea to use the mechanics of the anime as a trait for the universal franchise.

  11. #111
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,088

    Default

    Well, at least Cheren's character will continue as a Gym Leader. Bianca too as Juniper's assistant. Unlike Wally, they're guaranteed to continue on as characters with or without a Pokedex.

    You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

  12. #112
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flintoff Cypress View Post
    He's assuming that since Hugh got a chapter to himself that he'll become a Dexholder. Just going by the preview chapter, I would speculate (as before) that while Hugh will play a large role in the arc, he might not become a "Dexholder". And it doesn't change a single thing, because main characters are main characters regardless of their "electronic legendary trinkets".

    It's also worth noting that getting a chapter alone is not the "Dexholder treatment". I would give an example, but I would be reigniting the argument that's been going on for too damn long.
    Since I'm OCD about the traditions Kusaka managed to hold for years, I would like for Hugh to not be a Dexholder if there is no game to name after him. But then again, Samurott needs a trainer and there is the tradition of a rival character being a Dexholder. And considering the starter cycle it's time for the rival dexholder to get the water-type and it looks like that is what's about to happen. So the only thing that doesn't work out with Hugh becoming a dexholder is the naming tradition. This is conflicting. >.<

  13. #113
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Route 123, looking for Celebi
    Posts
    1,334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Macromind101 View Post
    Since I'm OCD about the traditions Kusaka managed to hold for years, I would like for Hugh to not be a Dexholder if there is no game to name after him. But then again, Samurott needs a trainer and there is the tradition of a rival character being a Dexholder. And considering the starter cycle it's time for the rival dexholder to get the water-type and it looks like that is what's about to happen. So the only thing that doesn't work out with Hugh becoming a dexholder is the naming tradition. This is conflicting. >.<
    Have him either have a surname or take a codename referring to black/white/grey/what have you. Or even a surname referring to one of black or white and a codename referring to the other. All patterns kept, nobody gets hurt. :P


    98% of the teenage population has died smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
    Good old natural selection...

  14. #114
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,088

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Honeyichigo View Post
    Have him either have a surname or take a codename referring to black/white/grey/what have you. Or even a surname referring to one of black or white and a codename referring to the other. All patterns kept, nobody gets hurt. :P
    Hugh Greystone? Just a thought. Or just leave it at Hugh since it's related to colors but not a specific one.

    You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

  15. #115
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    41

    Default

    I hear a lot of mention of Hugh keeping the color theme or having Grey as a codename/nickname or something. But the thing is, it's not about colors. All previous protagonists were named after game names. And the likes of Wally, Cheren, and Bianca got the boot. So even if he is nicknamed "Grey" or something similar and ends up being a Pokedex Holder, then h'es still breaking the "pattern."

  16. #116
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,048

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pocket Ace View Post
    I hear a lot of mention of Hugh keeping the color theme or having Grey as a codename/nickname or something. But the thing is, it's not about colors. All previous protagonists were named after game names. And the likes of Wally, Cheren, and Bianca got the boot. So even if he is nicknamed "Grey" or something similar and ends up being a Pokedex Holder, then h'es still breaking the "pattern."

    Yes, ......and we do not even know what the forms of Nate and Rosa will appear in SP.

  17. #117
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pocket Ace View Post
    I hear a lot of mention of Hugh keeping the color theme or having Grey as a codename/nickname or something. But the thing is, it's not about colors. All previous protagonists were named after game names. And the likes of Wally, Cheren, and Bianca got the boot. So even if he is nicknamed "Grey" or something similar and ends up being a Pokedex Holder, then h'es still breaking the "pattern."
    Damn it we need just one more game in Generation V so Hugh can be named after that game. Maybe some form of a Hoenn remake (one game, not a pair), and then give Hugh a surname named after that. And of course, there has to be no new characters coming with those games, hopefully Kusaka could just slap on some new clothes on Ruby and Sapphire like he did with Crys and what he may about to do with Black and White. Then everything would work out!

  18. #118
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by e9310103838 View Post
    Yes, ......and we do not even know what the forms of Nate and Rosa will appear in SP.
    Well since Hugh is gonna be a main character in B2W2 it would be most convenient for Kusaka to just redesign Black and White. There will be no plotholes and we are already lacking games to name main characters after as it is and the two already have their starters so that would be the most likely scenario. I mean, the set of fully-evolved Unova starters is already there and all they need to do is give Samurott to Hugh. There's no need to make things any more complicated than they are (the complicated thing is naming Hugh after a game).

  19. #119
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,088

    Default

    Why not break the tradition and keep Hugh named Hugh? It's a color reference and Gen 5 overall has been known to break certain tradition or at least put a twist on them.

    You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

  20. #120
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Unova
    Posts
    74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Macromind101 View Post
    I think that idea was tossed by the time Generation III came rolling around. Pokemon retain all their traits upon evolution, the only things that change are their appearances, rates of learning moves and stats. And yeah I seriously doubt that Cheren's Snivy is Amanda. Like the guy above me said, they have different personalities and seriously, isn't it a little too much to give Cheren BOTH the Wally treatment AND jack his starter? (well, Wally gave his up intentionally, you're saying that Cheren got his stolen) And btw it would make sense for there to be one set of Unova starters that fully evolved and another set that doesn't have one evolved Pokemon. That's my opinion but yeah very unlikely that Cheren's Snivy is Amanda.
    Actually, some more recent examples of a pokemon changing personality when they evolve would be Dawn's Swinub/Piloswine/Mamoswine, and technically Iris's Drilbur/Excadril may count. Plus, the manga did use something from the anime before, the Mewtwo armor in the FRLG arc. Also, it dosen't make sense for there to be 2 sets of starters for Unova, no other region ever had that.

  21. #121
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iml908 View Post
    Actually, some more recent examples of a pokemon changing personality when they evolve would be Dawn's Swinub/Piloswine/Mamoswine, and technically Iris's Drilbur/Excadril may count. Plus, the manga did use something from the anime before, the Mewtwo armor in the FRLG arc. Also, it dosen't make sense for there to be 2 sets of starters for Unova, no other region ever had that.
    Like I said, not wise to use the mechanics of the anime as an example for the universal franchise. And yes, different areas of Pokemon borrow ideas from each other. Your point may be valid in some areas but there is evidence to prove that Pokemon retain their personalities upon evolution. Name one Pokemon that changed when they evolved in the manga. In fact, the manga DOWNPLAYS the theory of Pokemon changing upon evolution (Yellow's Ratty). In the anime, the main characters don't even know about levels nor does the anime utilize that concept. Red's Pika creamed a wild Rattata because its level was higher (if it was fresh off the boat, or from the wild then it would have been even). Ash's Pikachu is even when battling a Pokemon that never battled before despite having gone through five regions and the fact that it battled legendaries. My point being, don't use the mechanics of the anime to prove a point when it comes to the entire franchise or another area (especially one that the creator himself commented is most similar to what he pictured when he made the games).

  22. #122
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    Why not break the tradition and keep Hugh named Hugh? It's a color reference and Gen 5 overall has been known to break certain tradition or at least put a twist on them.
    Being a color reference isn't important. It's being named after a game that is important. And Gen 5 is different from the other generations but it never really broke any traditions, or at least in the manga's case (and even in the games, it still kept the traditions, you don't see there being different types for the starters or different number of gyms (within one game) or a different Elite Four). Well, besides the third game stuff but that's not really the type of tradition I was talking about. Naming Hugh after something that's not a game name is kinda breaking the tradition that Kusaka has been holding. If he's going to break that tradition, then might as well make Wally a main character while he's at it.

  23. #123
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Unova
    Posts
    74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Macromind101 View Post
    Like I said, not wise to use the mechanics of the anime as an example for the universal franchise. And yes, different areas of Pokemon borrow ideas from each other. Your point may be valid in some areas but there is evidence to prove that Pokemon retain their personalities upon evolution. Name one Pokemon that changed when they evolved in the manga. In fact, the manga DOWNPLAYS the theory of Pokemon changing upon evolution (Yellow's Ratty). In the anime, the main characters don't even know about levels nor does the anime utilize that concept. Red's Pika creamed a wild Rattata because its level was higher (if it was fresh off the boat, or from the wild then it would have been even). Ash's Pikachu is even when battling a Pokemon that never battled before despite having gone through five regions and the fact that it battled legendaries. My point being, don't use the mechanics of the anime to prove a point when it comes to the entire franchise or another area (especially one that the creator himself commented is most similar to what he pictured when he made the games).
    Togebo may count because as a Togepi, he did not really like Gold, or anyone, at all. Now that he is a Togekiss, he seems to like Gold a little more, even wanting his attention.

  24. #124
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,088

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Macromind101 View Post
    If he's going to break that tradition, then might as well make Wally a main character while he's at it.
    Too bad it didn't occur to him at that time...

    You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

  25. #125
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,048

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Macromind101 View Post
    Being a color reference isn't important. It's being named after a game that is important. And Gen 5 is different from the other generations but it never really broke any traditions, or at least in the manga's case (and even in the games, it still kept the traditions, you don't see there being different types for the starters or different number of gyms (within one game) or a different Elite Four). Well, besides the third game stuff but that's not really the type of tradition I was talking about. Naming Hugh after something that's not a game name is kinda breaking the tradition that Kusaka has been holding. If he's going to break that tradition, then might as well make Wally a main character while he's at it.

    Perhaps they had do not Wally because the version name.

    But if Hugh become a main character, this will illustrate another reason,

    because Wally is a second rival in games.
    Last edited by e9310103838; 12th October 2012 at 12:34 PM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •