Thread: Forum Pre-Game Training thread, Pretend Battle me HERE!!!

Thumbs up Forum Pre-Game Training thread, Pretend Battle me HERE!!!

Hello users of the net, on and all! I am THEIRONDONUT, and as i was filtering through our forums many topics, i was surprised to find there were no (correct me if i'm wrong) threads where you could put your decision making in pokemon into action. the aim of this thread, and the rules are simple.

Basically, i will post 3 pokemon every month, which you will be able to battle. these battles will take place via messaging. you must post your pokemon, their items, EV's and Move-sets. levels do not count, and you may wish to battle mine. accuracy will come into play, but it will not be an overriding rule (as in i won't be able to say every single time 'Pikachu's attack missed!' or, 'Skarmory dodged the Attack!' etc. there are some rules, and i may have to set up a secondary thread to contain this one if too many people start battling. here are the rules:

1) You must pick 1 pokemon that you either use currently on your game, or a pokemon that you like, not just a pokemon that would beat mine every time
    (eg a ghost type against my normal type, that just HAPPENS to have learnt a fighting type move, even though i know that isn't physically possible)

2) No legendaries

3) battle cannot go over 30 moves, or challenger concedes defeat

4) No Rule bending (such as hacks, or smart-arse comments trying to make you gain an advantage, such as 'my pokemon's faster than yours, so it would dodge your attack and then its ability would-yada-yada-yada.......)

5) if either player has a dispute, such as either me or player makes a mistake or disagrees over a play, then the following messages won't count as battle moves, and spectators are free to enlighten us in an inoffensive way

6) No tips! you may add tips and tricks after the battle, but not in an aggressive way. after all, this is about quick reactions and decision making

i think that about covers it, so yeah! i'll post my first pokemon either today or tomorrow. oh yeah, and

7) have fun!!! don't take it too seriously, the whole point of this is to gain experience and help with your choice making, so in a real battle it might help you

also, you may request pokemon to battle, if you have a gym coming up and want some pre game experience, then post me the leaders strongest pokemon and your strongest pokemon, and ill try and walk it through to the best of my ability! you are allowed pokemon from all Gens, providing they are not legendary or know any moves they shouldn't.

so yeah, have fun!!!

ps. i'm not too familiar with 5th Gen, so i might need a little time to search up your pokemon and stuff like that
    Hey guys, please sign up to my RPG The Archetype, we need more members!

Spoiler:- text:

I am a proud member of Join the fight.
    Credit goes to Avenger Angel for making the RP's awesome banner. Thanks Bron and Neo for the awesome RP

my first pokemon:

Blastoise @ Splash Plate
    Ability: Torrent
    EV's:
    HP - 200
    Atk - 80
    Def - 150
    Sp.Atk - 82
    Sp.Def - 120
    Speed - 78

Moveset:
    Counter
    Toxic
    Recover
    Hydro Pump

I based this Blastoise on a personal favourite of mine. Basically, it was designed as a Tank. Dealing damage with counter and Hydro Pump, it is a more Defensive set. This is quite a common pokemon when it comes to Rivals and Online battling, so anyone having trouble with Red (HG/SS) why don't you practise on this. all pokemon are automatically lvl 100, and i will appoint one or two people to act as strategists, to help work out how much damage what moves do etc, so if you can help with that, please type yes!

Credit goes to Avenger Angel for making the RP's awesome banner. Thanks Bron and Neo for the awesome RP

Arecus uses Judgement and make you explode. The end.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghirahim
    You have awoken an anguish that will burn for eons...

if you're gonna take the mick, please don't bother. I only posted this thread so novice trainers could try out a pretend battle to sharpen there descision making skills and train themselves, not for trolls like you to take pleasure out of a cocky smart-arse comment. and FYI, if it was a normal type arceus, then it wouldn't be very effective. and then blastoise would use counter, and then toxic, and then spam recover and counter and you'd be dead in about 4 turns