Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Favourite 90s Nostalgia Thing

Default Favourite 90s Nostalgia Thing

As someone who grew up during the 1990s, I am enamoured with all the tacky-cheesy stuff I remember. The bright neon colours, flannel, unnecessarily edgy reboots of old series, and all that good stuff. The entire decade feels like '80s 2.0, but I'm unsure whether its campier or not. I mean this was the decade that gave us Nirvana, but it was also the decade that gave us Eiffel 65. It's one big mess. Some of my favourite threads on this forum have been things like "old stock in stores" or "Best Buy ads from 15 years ago". I'm sure I can't be alone right?

To get the ball rolling, have these:

You can really smell the old musk of the 1990s in commercials that even today air. I don't know if companies just think nobody notices, or don't think it's worth it to redo them, but stuff like this still runs rampant on television where I live.

Also, I made a daily blog discussing the phenomenon. Check out today's posts: http://the90szone.blogspot.ca/2012/0...agon-ball.html

So what's your favourite stuff from the 1990s?

Quote Originally Posted by Korusan View Post
    As someone who grew up during the 1990s, I am enamoured with all the tacky-cheesy stuff I remember. The bright neon colours, flannel, unnecessarily edgy reboots of old series, and all that good stuff. The entire decade feels like '80s 2.0, but I'm unsure whether its campier or not. I mean this was the decade that gave us Nirvana, but it was also the decade that gave us Eiffel 65. It's one big mess. Some of my favourite threads on this forum have been things like "old stock in stores" or "Best Buy ads from 15 years ago". I'm sure I can't be alone right?

You can really smell the old musk of the 1990s in commercials that even today air. I don't know if companies just think nobody notices, or don't think it's worth it to redo them, but stuff like this still runs rampant on television where I live.

Also, I made a daily blog discussing the phenomenon. Check out today's posts: http://the90szone.blogspot.ca/2012/0...agon-ball.html

Oh good lord, I forgotten all about the burger king kids.

Now what do I love about the 1990s how about the freedom of being a kid with out any worries what so ever.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Best thread in a long time.

Because I am too ****ing lazy to firue out how to add images to posts:

Bubblegum Crisis was the **** back when I was a kid. If you were seriously into anime in the 90s chances are you watched this.
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...c1/BGC_OVA.png

Dunkaroos was a pretty cool snack. Pretty stupid name however. I wish I could have some now, but they hve been discontinued for years.
    http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lh...e8b3o1_500.jpg

Darkstalkers 3 Played this at a friends house, my mind was ****ing blown.
    http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/dar...s/savshot9.png

Extreme Ghostbusters I loved this show when I was a kid. It still holds up pretty well.
    http://abilitymagazine.com/images/ho.../ghost_art.gif

I've got plenty more, but I don't want to be at this all night.

Now that I think about it, I'm fairly certain I wasted the entire decade on video games, and nothing else. Mostly the N64 - Banjo-Kazooie, Star Fox 64, and Mario Kart 64 were probably my personal biggest time-wasters. Although it goes without saying that there were dozens more, and the NES and SNES got theirs, as well.

Oh, and lots and lots of Lego sets. Plus, those damn TMNT figures that would transform into normal turtles, those were something I was inexplicably big on. Also yo-yos for awhile, followed immediately by the Pokemon shitstorm.

Also Smash Mouth's "All Star". And God, when I was in elementary school, there were about 5-6 girls who would play "Barbie Girl" at every single opportunity they got. It pissed me off so ****ing much.

And now I'm looking it up on Youtube.

I was born in a real awkward time, 1995, when I was growing up during the 90s but I don't remember any of it because I was too young

Blue's Clues was like the best thing ever when I was a kid though. It taught me everything I know.

Steve is my role model even to this day.
    Last edited by Gelatino95; 20th April 2012 at 1:01 AM.

^ Click this for good times ^

Let me see, pokemon cards and captain planet.
    And you questioned my sanity. My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    if Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

So many children here that missed ou on the 90's poor kids

DBZ was the most alpha ****ing show in existence, its one of the few shows that a 7 year old, a 14 year old, and a 21 year old can all watch and still enjoy
    srssss

yesterday was 420

let's talk novelty 90s food:

http://the90szone.blogspot.ca/2012/0...novelties.html

Dirt.

Speaking as a 90s kid, the sheer size of this "90s nostalgia" wave is kind of irritating. Plenty of things from the 90s were really, really terrible, too. Also Banjo-Kazooie has massive problems.

I don't remember the 90's outside of a few snippets from when I was three or four. But media wise, one of my favorite records was Matchbox Twenty's debut album Yourself or Someone Like You, released in 1996. I guess that's something. Otherwise, I got to go to really bad preschools.
    3DS FC (Pokemon X): 1848-1667-7668
    Friend safari is Ice with Snorunt, Beartic, and Cloyster. Looking for Dragon safaris, safaris with Whirlipede or Espurr, and Y-exclusive Mega Stones.

Shiny Chains (D/P): Ralts, Magnemite, Beldum
    Targets: Shinx
    Shiny Chains (X/Y): None
    Targets: Clauncher/Clawitzer, Swirlix, Smeargle

Quote Originally Posted by Mariya Shidou View Post
    Dirt.

Speaking as a 90s kid, the sheer size of this "90s nostalgia" wave is kind of irritating. Plenty of things from the 90s were really, really terrible, too. Also Banjo-Kazooie has massive problems.
    As much as I love the 90s and nostalgia, the whole "90s kid" thing gets on my nerves too. Most of the people responsible for it barely remember the decade, and can only name drop a handful of high profile cartoons. There is little attempt to go beyond, "hey I remember that, kid today suck."

Holy **** I forgot about these computers! Every classroom had them

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Eye View Post
    As much as I love the 90s and nostalgia, the whole "90s kid" thing gets on my nerves too. Most of the people responsible for it barely remember the decade, and can only name drop a handful of high profile cartoons. There is little attempt to go beyond, "hey I remember that, kid today suck."
    haha cool man tell us more about the things you say

Quote Originally Posted by JoshYEAH View Post
    haha cool man tell us more about the things you say
    Not bashing anyone here, this threads pretty legit.

Anyway, I really want ot watch some Adventures of Pete and Pete right now. Didn't watch it much as a kid, but as I have gotten older I have regretted not watching it much when I was a kid. Seems to be on of those shows that are better when you are older.
    Last edited by Zazie; 23rd April 2012 at 3:04 AM.

Cell Phones:
    Remember how portable they were?[URL="http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/74/GSM-Telefone-1991.jpg/220px-GSM-Telefone-1991.jpg"]

So true!

Things that I remember from the 90's:

Spoiler:

OH and The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. Anyone from the 90's should remember that.
    Last edited by Rezzo; 26th April 2012 at 6:03 PM.
    Last.fm | Steam ID
    Nostalgia

Those things are the devil and should never come back ever again.

Twin: PhQnix Bishie: Kurapica Cartoon Bishie: Freakazoid Pair: Leona

Samba Dinos don't need context.
    Xanga |Last FM

I always forget about those BK guys. Holy balls.

I was always a fan of 90's Cartoons. Obviously Pokemon still has a place in my heart, but what about Batman: The Animated Series? What about Animaniacs? What about when Disney spouted out good cartoons like DuckTales, Darkwing Duck, Bonkers, Goof Troop, and the like? Those were the good ol' days.

Spoiler:- Also, let's not forget about these guys:
    Last edited by Aquadon; 1st May 2012 at 7:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Requiem
    Cross Country ftw.

Sailor Moon. Hell yeah.

Real men watch Sailor Moon.

http://www.theoldrobots.com/images41/poochi21.JPG
    Anyone else remember these? They were the coolest thing ever when I was a kid.
    I do believe they came out in the early 00's, but hey, still something from my childhood.

Also:
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-plPxJ-gUaY...odern-life.gif
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...the_Dragon.jpg
    http://milestogo.in/wp-content/uploa...8/05/win95.png

Shiny Banner

Current Hunt: Thundurus ~ White ~ Soft Reset
    Most Recent Shiny: Unown I ~ HeartGold ~ Random Encounter ~ 4130 Encounters

Quote Originally Posted by Aquadon View Post
    I always forget about these guys. Holy balls.

I was always a fan of 90's Cartoons. Obviously Pokemon still has a place in my heart, but what about Batman: The Animated Series? What about Animaniacs? What about when Disney spouted out good cartoons like DuckTales, Darkwing Duck, Bonkers, Goof Troop, and the like? Those were the good ol' days.

Spoiler:- Also, let's not forget about these guys:
    Goof Troop was the ****. Ducktales was also but it technically started in the 1980s. (I believe 87)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Scalgon View Post
    Thanks for ruining Sailor Moon for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Scalgon View Post
    Sailor Moon. Hell yeah.

Yes but as I remember some of the real Sailor Scouts watched the girls

So true!

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Eye View Post
    Goof Troop was the ****. Ducktales was also but it technically started in the 1980s. (I believe 87)
    Yeah I was going to say late 80's/early 90's Disney (Chip n' Dale Rescue Rangers fits that profile too)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Requiem
    Cross Country ftw.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast