Thread: What are we going to do about Ruby and Sapphire's Tenth Year Anniversary!?

Default What are we going to do about Ruby and Sapphire's Tenth Year Anniversary!?

We're getting close to Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire's tenth year month and the sad thing is... It's remakes were so far not announced this year. And to think about Gold and Silver making a huge Tenth Anniversary with it's remakes released in 32bit to 64bit. What are we going to do to celebrate RS's tenth year since it released revealing 130+ Pokémon? What going to happen in the year 2012 for Ruby and Sapphire and all the Pokémon introduced in that game?

My FireRed Champs:

My HeartGold Team:

My Black Team:

My White Team:

My White 2 Team So Far:

What is it that says something must happen? What is it that says "we" have to do anything?

HG/SS were released when it was best to do so. That it happened to be ten years after their forebearers was completely irrelevant. Expecting some sort of 10-year celebration of Generation III is illogical, at best.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Well since GS was realeased in Japan 2009 & the re-releases were in 2009, that would mean that we would have to see the remakes released in Japan by the end of this year which is unrealistic seeing as BW2 have just been released there. If we were seeing them, it would be another year at least. As for a 'celebration' I don't see why it is necessary.

Spoiler:- Friend Code(s)/Trade Shop/Credit:

Yep, B/W needs to release the third version (although they prefer to call it B/W 2) to follow the pattern. So it's too fast to release R/S remakes in the same year. At least next year.

X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037

Wee... Poison slide at my gym...

Pokegyms Fairy Leader

Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

People also seem to forget that RSE are still playable and compatible with the new games. RBY and GSC were not. I'm sure we'll get remakes when they become a little more dated. That meaning said, I still want remakes as I loved the Hoenn region. Isn't it weird to think that RSE is already 10 years old though?
    Chive on!
    I'm sick of always hearing
    All the
    sad songs on the radio
    All day it is there to remind
    An over sensitive guy
    That he's
    lost and alone

Yep, I'm one of those handful people who still actively play R/S/E. So I still can be patient.

X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037

Wee... Poison slide at my gym...

Pokegyms Fairy Leader

Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

Quote Originally Posted by Cutty Flam View Post
    Yep, I'm one of those handful people who still actively play R/S/E. So I still can be patient.

Yep I'm like that too, and since I have ruby emerald and 2 sapphires I think I can wait

Spoiler:- Friend Code(s)/Trade Shop/Credit:

I bought ruby today, that could count as a celebration. Maybe I'll get emerald in another 10 years :P

Trading stuff:
        Spoiler:- Friend codes::

3DS: 3523-3147-6204 - Friend safari: Electric; Dedenne, pikachu, galvantula

RNG'd shinies for trade: * (x2) (x2) (x2) * Mild nature and IV's: 22/16/27/31/31/30 (UT but not lvl 1) except *'s
    Want: any shinys I don't have (I don't care about nature, moves, IV's etc, just shinyness :P)

You can still find a playable copy of Runy,Sapphire, and Emerald. They're not too dated yet.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!

Quote Originally Posted by TheBattleFrontierAsh1 View Post
    You can still find a playable copy of Runy,Sapphire, and Emerald. They're not too dated yet.
    Not new and sealed, you can't. They're ten years old and two generations defunct both in hardware and as Pokémon goes. They're extremely dated. Not that there's anything wrong with that - play what you like - but still, let's call a spade a spade here.

-----
    Words to|live by

It's still compatible..go buy yourself an old version. No celebration required. GF doesn't have another money grab for you yet. Qwaa

Created by PPL Qwaa

Quote Originally Posted by Swagsire View Post
    It's still compatible..go buy yourself an old version.
    Good way to get yourself ripped off at this point.

Qwaa
    WHYYYYYYYYYY do people do this

-----
    Words to|live by

I'm going to replay Ruby. Just gotta find it, though...

tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder, xerneas, and tales of the abyss
    Omega Ruby team:

Wandering why there aren't remakes yet .__.

Spoiler:- Credits:

We don't really need to celebrate. And as far as the remakes go, I'm sure if they were going to be released this year, we'd know about it by now.
    Currently Residing in the orange islands.

Fire is the key to life.

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Good way to get yourself ripped off at this point.

WHYYYYYYYYYY do people do this
    Because we feel like it Qwaa and ripped off? If you don't have the game, and there's no announcement of a new one, then how are you ripped off? It'll practically be the same game, on a different console Qwaa

Created by PPL Qwaa

Because we feel like it Qwaa
    Bad.

and ripped off? If you don't have the game, and there's no announcement of a new one, then how are you ripped off? It'll practically be the same game, on a different console Qwaa
    Trying to find a copy of any Generation III title at this point comes with an extremely high risk of being sold counterfeit merchandise. Hence "ripped off".

-----
    Words to|live by

We did do something.. just not that much: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...2914508&type=1

It's Game Freak and Nintendo's Choice for what they make and sell Pokémon Wise. They can do anything they want, but they do have to have limits, many of them are Marketing and a few are technical.

They won't even think of announcing a new game or a Remake this year as they are still promoting BW2. They've currently got three event Pokémon booked to be released this year. Actually I think we're now technically just waiting for 1 more.

All of the Hoenn Pokémon, along with every other Pokémon available in 4th Generation can be got Via the Dream World in all 4 of the Unova games. They could easily make a Hoenn based Area as they can change it any day they like.

They could Put any of the 3rd Generation games on Virtual Console, however Nintendo has announced that they have No Plans to bring the GBA to the 3DS, besides the Ambassador bonus they had a last year. The Wii U Virtual Console may contain Game Cube games, due to the clearly Labelled connectivity to the GBA games, they may not allow it on the Wii U VC. The Mario Tennis game and Metriod Prime 1 they remade for the Wii, had GBA support in their Game Cube Versions, the GBA functionality was hidden until you used that function. In the Mario Tennis game you got two extra Characters imported from the GBA and a new Power Suit in Metroid Prime 1.

The Last time I found a Legit GBA Pokémon game was I think 5 years ago, and it was rare to find any GBA game then. I should point out that The Battery for the Clock died, and I've replace a few so the Legitmate games look like they've been dropped in a puddle a few times, and been taped back together.. Which is actually exactly what has happened to them.

If you'd like the staff to update the main site.. Please ask a member of staff, and we'll do during out free time.

There are rules about Remakes, as a result I must shut it.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)