Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 121

Thread: Unrest at the Nursery (756)

  1. #76
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,407

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor_Crow View Post
    I knew a capture was never going to happen, but the writers had to go and do this;

        Spoiler:- Dent & Washibon:

    They look so cute together. I both love and hate these two scenes because of that.

    Especially due to it being one of my favourite Pokémon with my favourite character.... Dent was sweet in this episode like he usually is when helping.
    Yeah in my older pokemon predicions I wanted Cilan with a Rufflet... such a tease, lol.

    Random : PokéRadar


  2. #77
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    31,395

    Default

    Pretty bad episode that would fit right at home back in Johto.

    Seriously, this played out almost exactly like all the Johto fillers did with the exception of TR popping out with their balloon to steal the Pokemon with a crane. Other than that it was typical low-quality Johto filler nonsense.

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    672

    Default

    Having watched the episode properly I liked it. A cute episode with cute Pokémon which I can never have a bad word about because that feels so mean.

    I loved Meloetta's new song and I always like episode were Dent's Pokémon Sommelier skills are used for helping out, they have so far always made me happy. Also it was great to see Iwaplace having fun, though short. Although now I'm more confused on why Dent never spoke in the preview or sponsor part for this episode, Dent got the most focus out of the main cast - along with Leila, Washibon and Vulchai - while Iris and Satoshi were like supporters.

    Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    But omg I would have been fine if Dento got that Rufflet. Like...gawd that thing was SO CUTE, and it just seemed to fit him. Like don't get me wrong - I didn't think he'd get it in the epi- but man, if he did, I would be a happy camper. x3
    Same here. I would be going crazy if it happen (it never would have) because of the reasons I already stated. Instead the writers had to tease like that.
    Last edited by Raptor_Crow; 20th September 2012 at 8:55 PM.
    Fact 1: Cameron/Kotetsu is not disliked by everybody, stop saying he is, there are people in the fandom who do like him. I am one of those people.

    Fact 2: The majority of people who like unpopular characters are always the most nicest and sensible and, therefore, the best people of the fandom.

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,592

    Default

    Oh lawd the filler complaints, that word should be banned. Just say you found the episode boring if you did, it's like filler automatically makes everything horrible. And I wouldn't exactly call this episode filler anyway, we have indication that Scraggy has been able to master Focus Blast, further showcasing of Cilan's Pokemon Sommelier skills, TR getting the last piece of Meloetta's song and an appearance from dat big Giovanni.

    Anyway, nice episode, great use of the movie 14 music again and good LORD my boy Pignite is strong. Also I liked how calm Cilan was in here, he didn't spazz out even once during the episode and showed his skills with dignity as an A-class should. I love Cilan's weird antics, but this should at least show people who dislike them that that's not all there is to him.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

    Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    31,395

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rohanator View Post
    Oh lawd the filler complaints, that word should be banned. Just say you found the episode boring if you did, it's like filler automatically makes everything horrible. And I wouldn't exactly call this episode filler anyway,
    Dude, the general plot was the same tired filler plot the writers have been recycling since Johto. Just because it has one 3 second scene of Giovanni at the end doesn't save it from being a terrible filler like the ones that plagued Johto 12 years ago.

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    2,124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Dude, the general plot was the same tired filler plot the writers have been recycling since Johto. Just because it has one 3 second scene of Giovanni at the end doesn't save it from being a terrible filler like the ones that plagued Johto 12 years ago.
    Hoenn, BF and Sinnoh had terrible filler episodes as well, I prefer by a long shot most of the Johto fillers than Sinnoh's ones and some of Hoenn's..

    Many Johto fillers were memorable. Bad ones like the Ledyba or Vileplume/Bellossom eps and few others CANNOT overshadow the majority of them. It's not fair to say they plagued all of Johto because that's not true at all..

    Quote Originally Posted by Rohanator View Post
    Oh lawd the filler complaints, that word should be banned. Just say you found the episode boring if you did, it's like filler automatically makes everything horrible. And I wouldn't exactly call this episode filler anyway, we have indication that Scraggy has been able to master Focus Blast, further showcasing of Cilan's Pokemon Sommelier skills, TR getting the last piece of Meloetta's song and an appearance from dat big Giovanni.
    Agreed, but the "oh it's a worthless filler!" rants will never go away, it's worse because most of them don't even watch the episode, only the pictures..
    Last edited by RickHoenn; 20th September 2012 at 9:07 PM.

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    31,395

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RickHoenn View Post
    Hoenn, BF and Sinnoh had terrible filler episodes as well, I prefer by a long shot most of the Johto fillers than Sinnoh's ones and some of Hoenn's..

    Many Johto fillers were memorable. Bad ones like the Ledyba or Vileplume/Bellossom and few others CANNOT overshadow the majority of them. It's not fair to say they plagued all of Johto because that's not true at all..
    The good Johto fillers were usually the battle-centric ones, like Heracross Vs. Scizor or "One Trick Phony," and many of the Team Rocket and Wobbufett fillers.

    The bad ones are ones like the Ledyba episode, Sunflora episode, Wooper episode, Snubbull episodes, Remoraid episodes, Mukrrow episodes, etc. Hell, the entire "Johto League Champion" season was filled with some of the worst fillers of the entire show....thankfully Master Quest was an improvement.

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Dude, the general plot was the same tired filler plot the writers have been recycling since Johto. Just because it has one 3 second scene of Giovanni at the end doesn't save it from being a terrible filler like the ones that plagued Johto 12 years ago.
    It shouldn't matter whether it's filler anyway. What makes the progression of the plot in this show so important, this is mean to be entertainment, not a deep story where nothing but the overarching plot matters. There's fun episodes like this, battle episodes that get you hyped and exciting good vs evil stuff.
    + This one had Ash playing foot ball, Crustle being a baby sitter and Pignite lifting a tree, instant win. <3 The plot means jack diddly. The only thing I really take seriously is Ash, his battles and anything regarding his team. Because Ash himself is why I love this show more than I ever did as a kid, no more, no less. Manly men like Cilan and James definitely help though. But yeah to each his own, obviously you don't HAVE to like every episode, the filler talk is just annoying.
    Last edited by Rohanator; 20th September 2012 at 9:32 PM.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

    Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

  9. #84
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,857

    Default

    Cute episode as a break inbetween arcs. I liked it mostly for Vullaby. I hated the random tripping gag and how another rope bridge destroyed itself by touch though.

    breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,657

    Default

    I love how the writers magically forgot about the Focus Blast issue for like 20 episodes -_-.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  11. #86

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    I love how the writers magically forgot about the Focus Blast issue for like 20 episodes -_-.
    And seemingly, nonchalantly resolved it.

    Seeing as he hit the mark 3/3 times, then I'm gonna assume it is fixed.

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    672

    Default

    At least this episode had what you expect from a filler with cute Pokémon. It did most of it right. Unlike that World Tournament Junior Cup arc.
    Last edited by Raptor_Crow; 22nd September 2012 at 2:28 AM.
    Fact 1: Cameron/Kotetsu is not disliked by everybody, stop saying he is, there are people in the fandom who do like him. I am one of those people.

    Fact 2: The majority of people who like unpopular characters are always the most nicest and sensible and, therefore, the best people of the fandom.

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    I love how the writers magically forgot about the Focus Blast issue for like 20 episodes -_-.
    ...What? They perfected it by TRAINING. Scraggy didn't know how to aim, Scraggy trained, Scraggy learned how to aim. The issue wasn't forgotten, it was resolved. And who knows, Scraggy might still have trouble in an actual battle when he's facing pressure ect, might not be the end of it.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

    Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rohanator View Post
    ...What? They perfected it by TRAINING. Scraggy didn't know how to aim, Scraggy trained, Scraggy learned how to aim. The issue wasn't forgotten, it was resolved. And who knows, Scraggy might still have trouble in an actual battle when he's facing pressure ect, might not be the end of it.
    I doubt Scraggy will have any more trouble with it in any situation, but the writers defiantly didn't forget about it like you said. We've seen Ash do things with Scraggy since he got the move, it just was never given an entire episode dedicated to it, as it's simply not needed when it can be resolved over the course of time by training here and there. The scene simply showed that Scraggy finally managed to master it.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

  15. #90

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    I doubt Scraggy will have any more trouble with it in any situation, but the writers defiantly didn't forget about it like you said. We've seen Ash do things with Scraggy since he got the move, it just was never given an entire episode dedicated to it, as it's simply not needed when it can be resolved over the course of time by training here and there. The scene simply showed that Scraggy finally managed to master it.
    The here-and-there treatment is optimal.

    To use an entire episode to cover his mastery of FB would be a waste.

  16. #91
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3,230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by (P.O.K.E.M.O.N.) View Post
    Giovanni returns, this episode is not a filler now!!
    It never was because Scraggy mastered his Focus Blast. Finally.

  17. #92
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    At south of Kalos.
    Posts
    2,211

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Royal_Qeca View Post
    It never was because Scraggy mastered his Focus Blast. Finally.
    Very true. the episode isn't a filler because Scraggy learned Focus Blast. And because the fuinal pat with Meloetta singing and Team Rocket listening. Definitely the episode isn't filler. The Nursery School, yes; the episode, no.

    And I think that's wrong about complaining because the number of fillers because the only fillers "confirmed" are the Litwick, Cottonee, Elgyem, Maractus, Sawsbuck and Bouffalant episodes. For your opinions could be considered fillers the Darmanitan, Gothitelle (Bridge), Choroneko (Meowth), Gothita (Katharine), Deino (Day Care) and Cubchoo (Dawn) episodes. The rest of episodes aren't fillers.

    I put this here but many of you are considered this a filler. And I show that isn't a filler for some events that happened in the episode and because you show that in BW the fillers are very rare.

  18. #93
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    my house
    Posts
    6,170

    Default

        Spoiler:- comments:
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

  19. #94
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    This account has been hacked.
    Posts
    3,197

    Default

    I watched this out of boredom. I wish I hadn't. It was complete and utter crap.

  20. #95
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Hogwarts, naturally.
    Posts
    975

    Default

    I will say: props to the writers for making both Vullaby and Rufflet sympathetic. I was so worried it would be one-sided.

    This episode SCREAMED Brock to me. Every element of a filler that would be Brock-centric was here. Except it was Cilan.
    I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.



    ^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

    Many, many thanks to Mew, who created this exceptional banner!

    Harry Potter and How I Met Your Mother are currently my life.

  21. #96
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    720

    Default

    Two episodes in one day, I love it .

    I nice cheerful episode. I really liked Cilan starring in his episode using his connoisseur skills, leila was funny with her clumsyness and we are finally going to see the Team Rocket plot soon!

    This was a smiley episode. On to the next one!
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

    Apparently i'm a...



    Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

  22. #97
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Lake Valor Resort, TX
    Posts
    3,607

    Default

    This wasn't too bad of an episode, and since they were made for a cute quarrel between Rufflet and Vullaby. What excited me the most of this episode was the ending, when we got the almighty return of Giovanni's gorgeous and villainous face. Stuff is definitely going down. I'm also amazed that the finale of the 2 Black/Whiet seasons are a two-parter with Team Rocket.

    ~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

  23. #98
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Between Noland and Adan <3
    Posts
    4,347

    Default

    Ugh...what a waste of time! I can't believe one of my favorite Gen 5 Pokemon got a debut like this. The Scraggy training and TR bit both could have easily happened during another episode, and the rest of this could have gone towards...

        Spoiler:

  24. #99

    Default

    That rock is evil. It actually has a mind of its own. I mean, what are the chances of tripping by a rather big rock in a nursery?

  25. #100
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    That rock is evil. It actually has a mind of its own. I mean, what are the chances of tripping by a rather big rock in a nursery?
    You underestimate the power of the Cluzt.
    Anyways, I though it was a good episode.

    Friend Code: Listed in code spoiler!
    Pokémon Safari Type: Dark
    Pokémon in Safari: Liepard, Nuzleaf, Crawdaunt (Spiecal thanks to mwrspeedy29 and Shao-May)
        Spoiler:- Code Section:


Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •