Thread: Jojo's Bizzare Adventure

Default Jojo's Bizzare Adventure

We have a trailer now.
    I'm just worried about the pacing. Part 1 isn't exactly known for it's good pacing. I was hoping they would fix it so people don't shy away from this show when it gets good. This Anime as Araki puts it is a celebration of Justice and Evil. The Joestar family are all heroes you wanna root for while their villians become people you love to hate. Have some Character Designs:
        Spoiler:- Scans:
    Last edited by Skiks; 21st September 2012 at 6:01 AM.

Twin: PhQnix Bishie: Kurapica Cartoon Bishie: Freakazoid Pair: Leona

Samba Dinos don't need context.
    Xanga |Last FM

I usually don't make a point to keep up with the latest anime, but I am definitely trying this one out. My university anime club may end up watching this one as a group too.

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

Well in case no one has seen the subbed version of the Trailer. Just so people realize they are totally avoiding the juiciest parts of the story. I do wonder how well it will do.

Xanga |Last FM

few more days, can't wait
    My pokemon Breeder Website: http://trinitybloodrules.wix.com/route3

HELP WANTED: looking for excellent pokemon breeders for route 3 pokemon breeding center, PM me

I love the manga, easily one of my favorites, along Gantz, Battle Royale, Elfen Lied and Bleach.

Can't wait to see Dio Brando being a dick in the the anime.

I had class today in a large auditorium. It's fairly slanted, even more so than a typical movie theater so that everyone can see the front. The class is culture studies, I'm in the animation course in college and culture studies is where we learn about classic films and how they impacted culture and stuff, blah blah blah. It's actually been an interesting class so far. Except there's this specific group of dumbass tumblr girls who sit near the front with their Macbooks open the whole time.

Like I said, the room in on a slant, so everyone can see what they're doing on their laptops. We often are shown films and example clips or even documentaries in the class so when the lights dim their glaring bright Macbooks screens get really damn distracting. One of them has a My Little Pony desktop and is constantly on some kind of instant messager and tumblr and Facebook instead of paying attention. One class she was painting a Sailor Moon image in Photoshop with the smallest goddamn brush size you've ever seen. She was so dumb that she just kept colouring her image like she was using a pencil crayon instead of increasing the damn brush size. That got pretty distracting, mostly because of how pants on head retarded it was. It's like trying to watch a movie but there's someone eating their popcorn with chopsticks in front of you. This girl is not the girl I'm talking about.

The stupid moron I'm talking about is the other girl with a with a glaring Macbook in class who doesn't pay attention. She's the "self-proclaimed weird girl" type. You might know this type. The one who you can tell is almost bragging about how against-the-norm their choice of media is. The one who when the teacher asks "what are some different movie genres" and people say "action" and "romance" she says "Japanese psychological horror". Oh yeah, she's full on weeaboo. She makes AMVs. She goes through her tumblr full of yaoi in class. She goes to Japanese sites full of LancerXKayneth doujins that she can't even read throughout class in the auditorium (which sucks because I think Fate/Zero was a great show and that gives people a terrible impression of it). If she ever gets on topic of something she's interested in she'll make sure to say the gory details about HOW SOMEONE EATS THEIR OWN ARM FLESH AS LOUD AS SHE CAN SO EVERYONE IN THE ROOM CAN HEAR on purpose so that they think she's weird. There's an even worse girl in my course that EVERYONE hates and she's an even bigger weeaboo but I'm not getting into that.

Anyways, she posted how she would do watch the Jojo premiere in class on Facebook last night. She's a huge Jojo fan. She reads it in class in the computer labs. She'll yell and rave about how ridiculous and wacky the series is. She rewatches the trailer for the anime and game at any chance she gets. So on Facebook I replied and I said "Don't watch anime in class..." She then said she wouldn't. That had me a bit relieved. Since I'm a big fan of anime, her stupid antics usually leave me feeling like an idiot-by-association. I don't constantly project my interests like a moron though. Then, of course, in class I see her streaming the goddamn premiere. Then she starts torrenting the video via the school's network and then she starts making gifs to post to tumblr. ... ****.

I'm not a person who hates a series because of how stupid their fanbase is. I find that to be dumb. And in no way am I saying that this is the exception to that rule. This is my only encounter with anyone from the Jojo fanbase. But Christ, I hope this isn't the retardation that you people have to deal with on a regular basis.

This was mostly just an excuse to rant, thanks for reading I guess.
    ...and a toilet seat cover.

...Well, I liked the first episode. Seemed a bit rushed, but if it's been going on for 25 years, I'm not too concerned about it
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    I had class today in a large auditorium. It's fairly slanted, even more so than a typical movie theater so that everyone can see the front. The class is culture studies, I'm in the animation course in college and culture studies is where we learn about classic films and how they impacted culture and stuff, blah blah blah. It's actually been an interesting class so far. Except there's this specific group of dumbass tumblr girls who sit near the front with their Macbooks open the whole time.

Like I said, the room in on a slant, so everyone can see what they're doing on their laptops. We often are shown films and example clips or even documentaries in the class so when the lights dim their glaring bright Macbooks screens get really damn distracting. One of them has a My Little Pony desktop and is constantly on some kind of instant messager and tumblr and Facebook instead of paying attention. One class she was painting a Sailor Moon image in Photoshop with the smallest goddamn brush size you've ever seen. She was so dumb that she just kept colouring her image like she was using a pencil crayon instead of increasing the damn brush size. That got pretty distracting, mostly because of how pants on head retarded it was. It's like trying to watch a movie but there's someone eating their popcorn with chopsticks in front of you. This girl is not the girl I'm talking about.

The stupid moron I'm talking about is the other girl with a with a glaring Macbook in class who doesn't pay attention. She's the "self-proclaimed weird girl" type. You might know this type. The one who you can tell is almost bragging about how against-the-norm their choice of media is. The one who when the teacher asks "what are some different movie genres" and people say "action" and "romance" she says "Japanese psychological horror". Oh yeah, she's full on weeaboo. She makes AMVs. She goes through her tumblr full of yaoi in class. She goes to Japanese sites full of LancerXKayneth doujins that she can't even read throughout class in the auditorium (which sucks because I think Fate/Zero was a great show and that gives people a terrible impression of it). If she ever gets on topic of something she's interested in she'll make sure to say the gory details about HOW SOMEONE EATS THEIR OWN ARM FLESH AS LOUD AS SHE CAN SO EVERYONE IN THE ROOM CAN HEAR on purpose so that they think she's weird. There's an even worse girl in my course that EVERYONE hates and she's an even bigger weeaboo but I'm not getting into that.

Anyways, she posted how she would do watch the Jojo premiere in class on Facebook last night. She's a huge Jojo fan. She reads it in class in the computer labs. She'll yell and rave about how ridiculous and wacky the series is. She rewatches the trailer for the anime and game at any chance she gets. So on Facebook I replied and I said "Don't watch anime in class..." She then said she wouldn't. That had me a bit relieved. Since I'm a big fan of anime, her stupid antics usually leave me feeling like an idiot-by-association. I don't constantly project my interests like a moron though. Then, of course, in class I see her streaming the goddamn premiere. Then she starts torrenting the video via the school's network and then she starts making gifs to post to tumblr. ... ****.

I'm not a person who hates a series because of how stupid their fanbase is. I find that to be dumb. And in no way am I saying that this is the exception to that rule. This is my only encounter with anyone from the Jojo fanbase. But Christ, I hope this isn't the retardation that you people have to deal with on a regular basis.

This was mostly just an excuse to rant, thanks for reading I guess.
    Wow........I live for comedic gems such as these........ThanK yoU.

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    It's like trying to watch a movie but there's someone eating their popcorn with chopsticks
    This is gold. Also, take their Macbooks. Tell them to get a real laptop to distract class with.

Well I liked the episode and I have a feeling their rushing through the first parts to get to the fun action parts. They did capture the magnificent bastard Dio pretty well. Those manga sound effects and the poses were a bonus.

Xanga |Last FM

Well, that was completely sodding ridiculous and stupid. Hilarious and fun, though. I'm not sure if it's meant to be a parody but if it is it's an effective one. Time will tell if it can keep up the entertainment value.
    Done here.

Pretty good adaption of an awesome manga series.

I guess they weren't allowed to show this. Though it's understandable.

Xanga |Last FM

Quote Originally Posted by Skiks View Post
    I guess they weren't allowed to show this. Though it's understandable.
    I was glad they didn't show this scene, it was so sad and disturbing.

I can stand animal cruelty. =/

The new episode has a deliciously old school anime opening. Dio and Jojo's feud died down for about 7 years only to start up again as soon as it's found out Dio was poising George Joestar. The secerts of the Stone Mask are revealed a bit this episode and will show up more next episode.

Xanga |Last FM

I am in love with the ending music.

The second episode was great. I am loving the unique style they created for this series.
    **** will get real in the next episode.

can't wait till new ep!! ^u^

HELP WANTED: looking for excellent pokemon breeders for route 3 pokemon breeding center, PM me

Am I allowed to talk about the Duwang subtitles?
    Take it easy
    "See you next summer..."
    (S2 is coming out very soon!)
    I'm looking for an old piece of art I requested on here years ago and lost. It was a brown-haired girl with a pink wristband riding a Torterra. If you think you have this picture saved or have seen it somewhere please let me know and send it to me.

watch ep 3, pretty awesome,

"URRRRRRRYYYYYY!!!"

"Joooooooooooojooo!"

"Goodbye, Jooojo!"

Episode 3 was the best one so far.
    And Speedwagon ftw.

Episode 3 had stupid sexy vampire Dio. Episode 4 had Zeppeli being awesome with his ripple powers. We also got Speedwagon withdrawing cooly. AOTY.

Xanga |Last FM

Episode 04 was great! They gave Zeppeli an awesome voice actor.

I didn't get to see episode 5 till recently due to the hurricane.
    But anyways I liked this episode a lot. Dio has set himself up to be completely immune to the ripple because of his mastery over his new vampire form. Also I'm sure a lot of people don't know this but we may only have 3 or so episodes left for Part 1 Phantom Blood. That means we'll get Part 2 Battle Tendency with a new main character. It's also considered one of the best Parts in the series. It'll air this year of course since we're set to see 26 episodes and the blu ray sales are doing really well.

Xanga |Last FM

Can't wait to see Joseph and Lisa Lisa in the anime :'D

That also means I get to mention how many Street Fighter Characters were influenced by Jojo's Bizzare Adventure. Sweet.

Xanga |Last FM