Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: When did you stop watching?

Default When did you stop watching?

Assuming you did, of course.

Discuss when and why you stopped watching the Pokemon anime.

Personally, I stopped watching shortly after the beginning of Diamond and Pearl. I didn't manage to keep up with the episodes and gradually lost interest. I haven't played much of Black & White so the new series doesn't interest me much.

Ehh, I haven't really been keeping up the BW series much, and I haven't seen much past the first few episodes of it. Too early.

I stopped watching when it became apparent that Cilan was going to get more screen-time than Ash and Iris. So about 20 episodes into the BW saga.

Stopped? me...never i won't stop till ash is champ!

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

I originally stopped watching when the voice over change happened in AG/BF. When I realised that I can't grow up and still liked Pokemon, i returned and started watching in late DP (during the League). At this point I decided to watch the Japaenese Raw instead, but did grow a pair and stopped whining about how bad the new VA's were.

I stopped watching about halfway through BF saw he first few Epa of DP then stopped then anloooong time later watched BW and went back and saw almost all of DP and the most interesting eps in BW I'm now up to date.

I did stop watching the show at some point during Season 1. Most likely around a few episodes after Misty got her Togepi. I may have watched a Orange Island episode during it's air time. However, after watching the third movie in it's premiere year, I stopped watching Pokemon for a while due to being bored and lacking my focus on watching Kids WB. Around the early 2000s, I stuck with Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network. When I got introduced to Saturday Morning cartoon programs, like FoxBox, the whole ordeal in watching Pokemon on Kids WB came back to me. Now that I think about it, seems as though I didn't miss a whole lot during the Johto saga. When I got back into the anime completely, I was in the middle of Season 7.

Overall, I did stop watching the main show at the time. Or, you can say, I barely watched the episodes during the Orange Islands and Johto.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

I stopped watching the 1st time after I watched the Ash vs Elesa gym battle in the original Japanese version due to being disappointed with Ash and how he was acting during the series so far, but I returned later around the time the Skyla episodes aired in the original Japanese version.

I also plan to stop watching indefinetly after the episode that Dawn leaves until she returns, because her cameo and alot of other things in BW and Season 2 have been a huge disappointment to me and I'm only watching until she leaves because I'm a fan of hers and I'm supporting her while she's here.
    Owner of the Dawn/Hikari Fanclub v.4
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

I stopped watching when the VA changes happened. Of course, by that time, Pokémon went to Cartoon Network, and since I don't have cable, it would've been apparent I would've stopped watching either way.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

I haven't stopped watching the Pokemon anime just yet, but I might stop after Best Wishes ends. Pardon my language, but if Ash just moves onto another region and gains new companians and forgets about the uniquely built Unova, I'll become very pissed off about the whole thing. So...not yet.

Spoiler:- Some Things:

I stopped about 15 episodes into BW. Seriously their VA, animation, and storyline all suck.
    I have:
    Platinum
    Heartgold
    White
    Black
    Rumble Blast
    White 2

I used to liek mudkipz, then I took an arrow in the knee. However the arrow turned out to be a seaking. It yelled "F*** yeah" so I screamed "FUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!". The seaking's face became that of a troll while mine became forever alone. The situation was super effective.

I stopped, regretfully, shortly after the dub actors changed over - I half-heartedly stumbled into the first three episodes of D/P, then stopped altogether. I dropped out of Pokemon altogether, until BW came out - the games, mind you. I played through twice, then began visiting SPP again. Eventually, I began an entire re-watch of the anime, which I'm almost all the way through. It's nice to be back
    I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.

^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

Many, many thanks to Mew, who created this exceptional banner!

Harry Potter and How I Met Your Mother are currently my life.

I stopped halfway through D/P.
    All the other kids with the pumped up kicks you better run, better run...

If you want to see my Event Pokemon, PM me

If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Im one of few in here i guess which nver stopped watching show. I started in 1998 going through all Kanto, OI, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh and now im currently going through Unova. I also watched all pokemon movies(except Giratina Sky Warrior) and chronicles with exception of some of banned episodes which are hard to come by.

However i admit there were few times when i was thinking about quitting, first time when Misty left cast being stupid imo to get rid of group which started this show and second time when dub voicing changed with new voices getting jarring to listen to taking time to adjust to them.

As show pokemon is pretty poorly written not having deep or complex plot and Ash resets at start of every region , older companions which are replaced falling in oblivion unfinished never to be seen again, lack of continuity etc. are all terrible choices.
    But despite all of this anime has that carefree, lighthearted humor and entertainment factor which keeps you hooked on it being willing to forgive all mistakes they do. So i give writers props for it, because they know how to keep you interested doing something right and since i grew up with pokemon im interested in finding out how will Ash's and stories of all past companions end up being another motivation for me to watch.

I've taken a few breaks but I'm still watching all the new dub episodes to this day.

Shortly before Battle Frontier started. But that wasn't really out of choice. By the time I got back into it, Sinnoh League Victors was finaly airing in the UK.
    Some days you just can't force a smile. :<

Stopped fora while, in AG, when the 3gen games came out, I wasn't a fan of them at all, the sprites and art looked diferent, the dex was limited(at the start) to only Hoenn dex pokemon, etc.

That made me actually lose interest in the anime.

Plus I had a lot to do back then I didn't even remember I had to catch up with series,etc.

Came back after Noland I think in BF, went back watched Hoenn series and I've been watching everything since then, japanese version only.

Several times. First ones half way in Johto, probably after the Morty Gym as that's when Johto truly got bad for me, though I went back and watched all the episodes I missed. My second break was during the BF where I skipped nearly the entire season altogether and only watched May's contest and certain Frontier matches and again I went back and watched it all later. I had a tiny little break during DP right before Dawn's losing streak and truthfully it was that losing streak that truly got me interested in DP to begin with and watched every episode that followed and watched the ones I missed later. And right now I quit BW after about 10 episodes and currently have no desire to catch up on the full series.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

I haven't entirely stop watching the dub, as I go watch that every now and then. Maybe after Univa is said and done, I'll let it go at never go back to this anime.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!

I skipped the Tirtouga arc but am still watching since I heard the good eps are starting next week

Quote Originally Posted by pokemon fan 132 View Post

As show pokemon is pretty poorly written not having deep or complex plot and Ash resets at start of every region , older companions which are replaced falling in oblivion unfinished never to be seen again, lack of continuity etc. are all terrible choices.
    But despite all of this anime has that carefree, lighthearted humor and entertainment factor which keeps you hooked on it being willing to forgive all mistakes they do. So i give writers props for it, because they know how to keep you interested doing something right and since i grew up with pokemon im interested in finding out how will Ash's and stories of all past companions end up being another motivation for me to watch.
    Didn't Ash only reset in BW? I'm pretty sure he kept his skills from OS to AG and from AG to DP. I mean they were some small mistakes he made but even a skilled player will make some small mistakes when playing a new game from the start. I think thats actually what they are trying to show at times early on.
    Last edited by MidnightMelody; 3rd September 2012 at 3:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraMaster View Post
    Didn't Ash only reset in BW? I'm pretty sure he kept his skills from OS to AG and from AG to DP. I mean they were some small mistakes he made but even a skilled player will make some small mistakes when playing a new game from the start. I think thats actually what they are trying to show at times early on.
    To larger extent compared to previous arcs, but at start of Hoenn or Sinnoh he didn't radiate impression of same experienced and knowledgeable trainer we watched at league or conquering BF either. This can be noticed in doing same basic mistakes at very start such as throwing pokeball at wild pokemon without battling(like Treecko), using simplified strategy against Brawley or Roark going with head through wall losing easily, in reckless and childish approach etc.
    This applies to Pikachu too which always gets regressed in power by some contrived excuse whether its because of some TR machine draining his electricity, or because of legendary like Zekrom .

This was especially noticeable at start of Sinnoh when Pikachu wasn't nearly as powerful as it was when defeating Brandon Regice.

I haven't stopped... Yet. Really, the only reason I still watch it is because my sister likes to and she's ultimately in charge of the TV. :/ If it weren't for her, I would have stopped right when BW started. I swear, it's so bad it gives me headaches.
    I'll put something here...eventually

Quote Originally Posted by MegaSerperior View Post
    I haven't stopped... Yet. Really, the only reason I still watch it is because my sister likes to and she's ultimately in charge of the TV. :/ If it weren't for her, I would have stopped right when BW started. I swear, it's so bad it gives me headaches.
    It's really just the dialogue and writing that's bad.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!

I'll stop watching when Pikachu evolves into Raichu.

I stopped watching after the Battle Frontier ended.
    The Graceful Assassin

Credit to FairyWitch

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast