Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: RMT: HeartGold future team

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    120

    Default RMT: HeartGold future team

    In no particular order, as this is planned to go to Pokemon Battle Revolution. Also, this is what I plan for my team to look like, therefore the stats will not be listed:

    1. (Male) Typhlosion - Life Orb
    Ability: Blaze
    Nature: Quirky
    Moves: Sunny Day, Focus Blast, Protect, Eruption/Flamethrower/Fire Blast (?)

    2. (Male) Aerodactyl - Focus Sash
    Ability: Rock Head
    Nature: Jolly
    Moves: Earthquake, Rock Slide, Taunt, Stealth Rock

    3. (Neither) Bronzong - Lum Berry
    Ability: Levitate
    Nature: Bashful
    Moves: Trick Room, Hypnosis, Psychic, Explosion

    4. (Female) Raichu - N/A (suggestions, please)
    Ability: Static
    Nature: Calm
    Moves: HP Ice, Thunderbolt, Protect, Iron Tail

    5. (Female) Swampert - Leftovers
    Ability: Torrent
    Nature: Relaxed
    Moves: Ice Punch, Curse, Waterfall, Stone Edge

    6. (Male) Venusaur - N/A (once again, suggestions please)
    Ability: Overgrow
    Nature: Modest
    Moves: Solarbeam, Sludge Bomb, Leech Seed, Sleep Powder (another status conflicter after Bronzong's Hypnosis for depth)


    EDIT: Someone please respond.
    Last edited by DarkTitan837; 23rd September 2012 at 3:14 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Oh God...where...where am I?
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Aerodactyl looks good to me as is.

    Typhlosion should run
    -Shadow Claw
    -Focus Blast
    -Flamethrower
    -Thunderpunch
    (Credit to Aura Sensai for the moveset)

    I'd say swampert's moves look ok, but I think it should be adamant or impish.

    Hope this helped!
    -EvilTyranitar

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada.
    Posts
    2,859

    Default

    Aerodactyl would be fine if it was Competitive , but since the AI is stupid , Stealth Rock and Taunt are wasting moveslots. Replace them with Double Edge and Aerial Ace.

    Earthquake > Ice Punch on Swampert , it is it's best STAB.

    Venusaur can run Sleep Powder / Leech Seed / Seed Bomb / Curse.

    hmu on xbox !!!!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTitan837
    1. (Male) Typhlosion - Life Orb
    Ability: Blaze
    Nature: Quirky
    Moves: Sunny Day, Focus Blast, Protect, Eruption/Flamethrower/Fire Blast (?)
    Eruption. I adored that move when I got my Soul Silver and knew nothing about pokemon.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Oh God...where...where am I?
    Posts
    79

    Default

    I think flamethrower > eruption. Especially since typhlosion is holding a life orb and will be losing health from that. Flamethrower is much more consistent and has more PP.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    786

    Default

    Standard Scarf Typhlosion goes something like this:

    ~ Eruption
    ~ Flamethrower
    ~ Thunderpunch
    ~ Shadow Claw / Focus Blast

    Eruption being rather useful at high HP. Otherwise you use Flamethrower. T-Punch and Shadow Claw / Focus Blast is coverage.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EvilTyranitar View Post
    Aerodactyl looks good to me as is.

    Typhlosion should run
    -Shadow Claw
    -Focus Blast
    -Flamethrower
    -Thunderpunch
    (Credit to Aura Sensai for the moveset)

    I'd say swampert's moves look ok, but I think it should be adamant or impish.

    Hope this helped!
    -EvilTyranitar
    As I said, this is for PBR, which is not divided into tiers. It's kind of based onto if I run into a Darkrai (which is admittedly, not very good to base it on one Pokemon). To counter Dark Void (which will be on a double-battle), I'll send out Bronzong and Typhlosion. Typhlosion-protect, Bronzong-trick room (and lum berry cures sleep). Next turn, Typhlosion-sunny day, Bronzong-hypnosis on Darkrai.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aura Sensai View Post
    Aerodactyl would be fine if it was Competitive , but since the AI is stupid , Stealth Rock and Taunt are wasting moveslots. Replace them with Double Edge and Aerial Ace.

    Earthquake > Ice Punch on Swampert , it is it's best STAB.

    Venusaur can run Sleep Powder / Leech Seed / Seed Bomb / Curse.
    W/o Ice punch, I have no coverage of the overused Dragon type. That's why I put EQ on Aerodactyl. If I replace Venusaur gets Seed Bomb over Solarbeam, then I will replace Sunny Day for Thunderpunch on Typhlosion. Because that's mainly the only reason that was there.
    Last edited by DarkTitan837; 23rd September 2012 at 11:58 PM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Oh God...where...where am I?
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTitan837 View Post
    As I said, this is for PBR, which is not divided into tiers. It's kind of based onto if I run into a Darkrai (which is admittedly, not very good to base it on one Pokemon). To counter Dark Void (which will be on a double-battle), I'll send out Bronzong and Typhlosion. Typhlosion-protect, Bronzong-trick room (and lum berry cures sleep). Next turn, Typhlosion-sunny day, Bronzong-hypnosis on Darkrai.
    Or just have typhlosion focus blast darkrai for super effective damage

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EvilTyranitar View Post
    Or just have typhlosion focus blast darkrai for super effective damage
    1. If you're referring to Focus Blasting Darkrai after Trick Room, then I understand what you mean, and it probably would be a KO. However, it is very inaccurate and would probably miss.

    2. If you're referring to Focus Blasting Darkrai in general, then I have to say that Darkrai is faster than Typhlosion.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Oh God...where...where am I?
    Posts
    79

    Default

    If you max out speed and scarf it, you won't have a problem outspeeding it (I don't think scarf darkrai is very common). And if you're concerned about accuracy you could just use brick break instead. I'm just thinking that hitting it with a fighting attack right off the bat is much simpler than your strategy. And that way you don't waste so many move slots on 2 pokemon just to have a darkrai counter. If you'd rather use your strategy that's totally fine. I just think you're overthinking it a little
    Last edited by EvilTyranitar; 24th September 2012 at 3:08 AM.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    120

    Default

    I suppose that a choice scarf is a good choice. It's just that on PBR, it's the biggest obstacle I've ever had on Wi-Fi.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada.
    Posts
    2,859

    Default

    Earthquake > Stone Edge then. Swampert gets it by Level >.>

    Darkrai isn't a threat to this team , your team can handle it with ease.

    hmu on xbox !!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •