Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you actually like Filler episodes

Default Do you actually like Filler episodes

Exactly what it says on the title.

It all depends if I have read the manga or not. If I have, I tend to skip fillers cause they don't go to the story. But if I've never read the manga, then I don't know if it's a filler or not so I'm fine with them.

I'm attempting a 80 health run (minimum health) of Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories!
    Current Goal: Defeat Jafar on Floor 5!
    On-Hold while I play through Kingdom Hearts 1.5 ReMix. May reattempt this on Re:Chain of Memories instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    Depends if they're good or not really. Slayers has some hilarious filler.
    This, if the fillers are entertaining I have no problem with them, as long as they aren't slapped in the middle of some big serious event like a war... Looking at you, Naruto Shipuuden.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

I can't for the life of me identify filler episodes at all, so I hardly ever notice. I figure that as long as I find myself enjoying the episode, I don't care if it's filler or not.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

Depends on how deep the plot is.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Sparingly. Breathers are nice once in a while, but: breathers. Implying there have to be runs in between. Filler arcs don't work for me. Single episodes are fine.

As others said, very little and they have to be good. I like fillers that add more rather than take away and that I can't totally tell they're fillers. Definite no-no to filler arcs because they are always terrible. I mean, have there ever been good filler arcs?
    90% of pokemon fans hate/dislike Pikachu, if you are one of the 10% who don't, copy and paste this in your signature (started by Rukario907)
    ~Treasure Fighter (Kiyomaro's Theme)~ and Fuji Syuusuke ~Claimed

My Journey Log of Pokemon White
    Warning: General jerkiness and sarcasm abound. Of course, spoilers as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilchibi_pichu View Post
    As others said, very little and they have to be good. I like fillers that add more rather than take away and that I can't totally tell they're fillers. Definite no-no to filler arcs because they are always terrible. I mean, have there ever been good filler arcs?
    I liked the Apis Arc of One Piece for what it was worth.

You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

Slayers has some hilarious filler.
    I agree Well actually every single Slayers ep is hilarious. Even though the situation is critical, BAM, funny scene.

PKMN is sometimes boring with those eps when Ash's not having a battle with a Gym Leader which my dad finds boring, nya~

Quote Originally Posted by Evilchibi_pichu View Post
    Dragon Ball Z comes to mind...or at least when I was a child.

You know what has great filler? Gintama.
    My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Bonetail View Post
    It all depends if I have read the manga or not. If I have, I tend to skip fillers cause they don't go to the story. But if I've never read the manga, then I don't know if it's a filler or not so I'm fine with them.
    I used to be like that, then I noticed what was filler and what wasn't and started skipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    This, if the fillers are entertaining I have no problem with them, as long as they aren't slapped in the middle of some big serious event like a war... Looking at you, Naruto Shipuuden.
    Bleach does the same thing. Big fights are going on and then suddenly there's a huge break and the story shifts to some alternate reality.

I do they flesh stuff out even if they don't really matter. I consider the manga and anime two separate beings tbh
    [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/343spx0.jpg[/IMG]

If I have the entire season online to watch then its no biggie. Only getting new eps once per week and then to have it turn out to be filler is frustrating.

Isn't Pokemon like 98.70% filler?

For me it depends if it drags the story to hell or not. Slayers is a good example of how filler should be done. Naruto on the other hand...

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post

For me it depends if it drags the story to hell or not. Slayers is a good example of how filler should be done. Naruto on the other hand...
    Pokemon doesn't have a source to deviate from though, so would they would they really be fillers?
    My Anime List

Well people who watch Pokemon say either they like fillers or hate them. So they are in there somewhere.

I know people call them filler, but filler usually suggests the show is showing something that never happened in the source material.
    My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post

Sgt. Frog's a better example if you're looking for a show with filler. Loads of filler, not to mention the tone and situations are cranked down for the little ones.

pukes

I think of filler as an episode that doesn't advance the story.
    So a show like Lucky Star (or find me a better example) would be 100% filler?

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Sgt. Frog's a better example if you're looking for a show with filler. Loads of filler, not to mention the tone and situations are cranked down for the little ones.
    Yeah, the Anime is significantly toned down from the Manga in terms of content. It's practically TV-Y7-FV in US terms. Would be if not for a certain single mother named after a certain season...

In any case, it certainly has load of filler considering how the Manga is episodic enough to fit in their own stories. That and the Manga started in 1999 and the Anime started in 2004 (which cause an issue with Angol Mois's introduction that was worked around.

You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    Yeah, the Anime is significantly toned down from the Manga in terms of content. It's practically TV-Y7-FV in US terms. Would be if not for a certain single mother named after a certain season...
    The image of the Sawsbuck I got in my head after you mentioned her (at the time this was typed, I was EV training a Dearling)...Don't know why the Japanese put that in their kids' cartoons.

Anyways, for the sake of an example, the Simpsons has shown with the odd bout of mature material and references here and there but has proven to be kid friendly a good amount of the time. There's also Funimation's amazing (in terms of performance) dub which is full of unfitting slurs towards American pop culture (which are usually put downs) to consider, thus it's a PG-rating (which is the rating on the DVDs) for you, toad. Sad they dropped it in the middle of season 2 (the end of season 3 in their case), there were so many better places to stop but business is business.

In any case, it certainly has load of filler considering how the Manga is episodic enough to fit in their own stories. That and the Manga started in 1999 and the Anime started in 2004 (which cause an issue with Angol Mois's introduction that was worked around.
    Couldn't agree more but it does start to get noticeable what's from source and what's not when the quality of the episodes overall goes downhill, the odd great episode would pop up and is what most likely kept me coming back from beginning to end.

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Sad they dropped it in the middle of season 2 (the end of season 3 in their case), there were so many better places to stop but business is business.
    Did they make an official word on that? I mean, people thought Season 2 (second half of Season 1 really) was the end (given Episode 51, it would've been fitting for what it was worth) but along came season 3. I just don't want to jump to conclusions.

Did they make an official word on that? I mean, people thought Season 2 (second half of Season 1 really) was the end (given Episode 51, it would've been fitting for what it was worth) but along came season 3. I just don't want to jump to conclusions.
    I don't have an official article either but when I talked to a good majority of the English cast while getting my DVDs signed, they all said it was dropped due to it selling poorly. Oh well, anyways, back onto the topic at hand. With the show's absurdity and silliness (as well as a great portrayal of the source material), I found Sgt. Frog's fillers worked for it until the quality started to slip.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast