Thread: I need your opinions!

Default I need your opinions!

Hi guys, I'm new here, so please give me some guidance Anyway, I'll move on to my problem here. I feel very emotionally attached to May from the Advanced Generation series and I was wondering if it was normal. It's like, my life feels so empty. I'm re-watching the entire Pokemon Advanced Generation series now and it just makes me feel even more empty. I need help! Please give me your opinions Also, please be nice I'm new, so I don't really know how the community is like.

Also, do you think May would make a comeback in Unova or maybe after Unova? And will Pokemon continue after Unova? THANKS GUYS, and sorry for the long post
    Ash and May forever!

Pokemon shall live forever in our hearts! I hope Pokemon never ends! And May should totally come back

My Platinum Team ---->
    My Emerald Team ---->
    My SoulSilver Team ---->

Everyone has a fav that they may connect with more then others on different levels. I would not call it odd

As for May ever coming back. If they learn to actually write the series in a better way like other series that focus on the same genre have she could. Like if the series had more of a plot structure rather then plots of the day I can see old people returning in a better fashion. sadly the way the series is written makes it kinda hard for old people to return. I do like how they did Gary in DP however. It was like not promoting anything really but instead just using someone old that people like.
    Last edited by MidnightMelody; 1st November 2012 at 5:35 PM.

My advice to you is to attach yourself to iris n that way or go to the world of fanfiction.

And she had her cameo already. May is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by AdvanceShippingX View Post

Also, do you think May would make a comeback in Unova or maybe after Unova? And will Pokemon continue after Unova? THANKS GUYS, and sorry for the long post
    Who knows what's going on in the writers strange little minds. Maybe she will, maybe she won't. I doubt it though.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    My advice to you is to attach yourself to iris n that way
    We have two of those people. We don't need to go for three.

You know I was kinda like that when I heard the new voices for the first time, and then when I saw Unova for the first time as well. I was like all like I can't stand Iris, but she's ok now. It still really freaking annoys me that Ash is ten, but what can I do. I miss Misty and Tracey, and hell even Gary needs to make a come back! It's sad for any show, because as human beings we get attached to these characters and then they take them away from us, leaving us feeling empty.
    It was perfect, beautiful, like something someone with an overactive imagination would dream up in her unfulfilled fantasies!

Thanks everyone, in fact, I have been reading fanfictions for quite some time already, just those on Naruto x Hinata, not AAMayL. I will start reading those to cheer me up In the meantime, I guess I'll rewatch the Advanced series. Thanks a lot guys, you made me feel better already.

I love this community! (It's my first post so yeah)
    Ash and May forever!

Pokemon shall live forever in our hearts! I hope Pokemon never ends! And May should totally come back

My Platinum Team ---->
    My Emerald Team ---->
    My SoulSilver Team ---->

It's pretty normal to feel that way, I think alot of us do that sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by AdvanceShippingX View Post
    Hi guys, I'm new here, so please give me some guidance Anyway, I'll move on to my problem here. I feel very emotionally attached to May from the Advanced Generation series and I was wondering if it was normal. It's like, my life feels so empty. I'm re-watching the entire Pokemon Advanced Generation series now and it just makes me feel even more empty. I need help! Please give me your opinions Also, please be nice I'm new, so I don't really know how the community is like.
    Ah,I remember.
    I seem to have had been in the the exact same situation as you.Only that the person who I'd actually missed was Misty from Pokemon.
    Well,let me put it this way.
    She,seemed to turn as beloved to me,as a real life crush.Well,though time has healed my situation,and also that the same may apply to you,you need not worry right now.The thing that helped me get over my infatuation(Don't really whether infatuation is be the right word here) was me,agreeing to it that Misty,is a great character,and that she deserves Ash.I,in fact,had started supporting her pairing with Ash,and wishing for her to return to the series,just in order to get along with the person she deserved most.Hence,the rise of a Pokeshipper.
    Also,She's still as beloved to me as ever,but only with my infatuation lowered as of now.Ash suits her better "IMO".

same goes for me, except only that it is misty for me

Like what the others say, it's normal if you're attached to a character... I used to be so attached to May b/c I was a rabid Advanceshipping supporter back then but now I really don't mind if she's absent since there are a whole OTHER characters that I can be a fan of *cough*Oshawott*cough*

RANK UP!X3

As long as you keep to the emotional attachment side of things and are not physically attracted, then i would say that it is a perfectly normal feeling to have. It's no different to a lot of us older fans who miss our early characters such as Misty, Brock, Gary, heck even Tracey in my case.

There are of course these more strange types who find themselves physically attracted to an anime character, but we won't go there.. Instead all I can do is advise you to rewatch the Advanced Generation and the Wallace Cup episodes from DP, enjoy them for what they are and just keep your fingers crossed that she'll pop up again one day.
    OR Playthrough - Route 118

This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

I think we've all felt this at least once in our lives! It's normal, at least for us on serebii!