Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 35

Thread: Is the Pokemon Anime coming to an end ?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Dubai, United Arab Emirates
    Posts
    21

    Question Is the Pokemon Anime coming to an end ?

    I have been watching Pokemon for so long now, in fact i have all the episodes from no. 1 to no. 750+ but do you guys thing pokemon is going to end ? Because i can't imagine them making any more stupid Pokemon !
    Really - an icecream Pokemon !

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,482

    Default

    No

    And how is ice cream worse than a magnet, pokeball and sludge pokemon?

    take off your nostalgia goggles.

  3. #3

    Default

    No it isn't, the only way it'll end now is if it gets canceled.
    Owner of the Dawn/Hikari Fanclub v.4
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Alto Mare, Johto
    Posts
    193

    Default

    I don't think its going to end permanently. If they screw up enough, it might stop temporarily while they sit down and think about what they're doing, but I'm confident enough that they won't be in a reaaaly big ditch for a long time. But I will say that they should start being more conservative when releasing new Pokemon and put more focus on refining their designs than going for big numbers every generation.
    I am the current leader of Save Our Voice Actors, a Pokemon fan group supporting the voice actors in the anime dubbed by 4Kids (seasons 1-8). Our goal is to provide The Pokemon Company international with encouraging feedback in support of returning the main cast members. If you're interested, please visit us at facebook.com/saveourvoiceactors

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Dubai, United Arab Emirates
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Totally agreed, Blulatios
    @pokemonsquared, i guess you are right
    @thedehydrator, how long do you think it will last ?

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flameboii View Post
    Totally agreed, Blulatios
    @pokemonsquared, i guess you are right
    @thedehydrator, how long do you think it will last ?
    Forever XD.
    Gen. 6 at least, it depends on how well the games and the anime are doing I guess.
    Owner of the Dawn/Hikari Fanclub v.4
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sootopolis City
    Posts
    554

    Default

    *facepalm* Another genwunner? The anime is far from ending. End of story, let's move on, shall we?
    [Projected Alphα Sαpphire Team]

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Dubai, United Arab Emirates
    Posts
    21

    Default

    ok, i get it
    have any thoughts on what ash will do in the 6th gen ?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Portal FTW!
    Posts
    296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluelatios* View Post
    I don't think its going to end permanently. If they screw up enough, it might stop temporarily while they sit down and think about what they're doing, but I'm confident enough that they won't be in a reaaaly big ditch for a long time. But I will say that they should start being more conservative when releasing new Pokemon and put more focus on refining their designs than going for big numbers every generation.
    Good point there!
    Them,creating 'closed eyed' stuff (Designs aside.Plot,storyline,etc count.) is seriously starting to become a turnoff for me,now.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Alto Mare, Johto
    Posts
    193

    Default

    The only problem I have is when certain designs are based on either human stereotypes, or man-made objects (which make no sense unless literally man made, ex; Voltorb). Other scenarios which may possibly lead Pokemon into trouble could be lower quality/development of human characters, lack of variation in episode writing style, etc. In short, they need to be consistent with previous standards and find inventive ways to exceed expectations if Pokemon is going to really shine.
    I am the current leader of Save Our Voice Actors, a Pokemon fan group supporting the voice actors in the anime dubbed by 4Kids (seasons 1-8). Our goal is to provide The Pokemon Company international with encouraging feedback in support of returning the main cast members. If you're interested, please visit us at facebook.com/saveourvoiceactors

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flameboii View Post
    ok, i get it
    have any thoughts on what ash will do in the 6th gen ?
    Oh heck no is ending, if they were to end it would have been at D/P series that would have been the perfect way with Ash winning that league and battle against Cynthia but no its still going. If its not ending at that point than it will never end.

    Ask for what Ash will be doing next series, same as normal, collect badges/meet new sidekicks to travel with/head to the league. His story won't ever change after all these years and he won't ever age.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

    Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,692

    Default

    As long as Nintendo has a portable handheld there will be Pokemon.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Dubai, United Arab Emirates
    Posts
    21

    Default

    all your opinions are great
    makes me feel much lighter

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Newton
    Posts
    3,580

    Default

    So ice cream is stupid but a pile of muck is not? I would say its takes more creativity to do something like Ice cream then it does a horse or dog. As for the anime ending mid way in a series people always assume its ending. Watch us get gen 6 info mid next year and then mid way during that series people will say it is ending. All i want is a transition into the next series not what happened with DP into BW

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    Oh heck no is ending, if they were to end it would have been at D/P series that would have been the perfect way with Ash winning that league and battle against Cynthia but no its still going. If its not ending at that point than it will never end.

    Ask for what Ash will be doing next series, same as normal, collect badges/meet new sidekicks to travel with/head to the league. His story won't ever change after all these years and he won't ever age.

    Well it boils more down to what GF do with the games I did read recently they have had plans to do away with gyms and go another route but have also felt it would makes current fans not so happy but I do agree with your point

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Alto Mare, Johto
    Posts
    193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AuraMaster View Post
    So ice cream is stupid but a pile of muck is not?
    Again, its not so much the Pokemon itself as the inspiration behind it. The thing that bothers most people is that some designs don't make sense in the grand scheme of all Pokemon are part of nature. Of course Pokemon design has carried the footprint of human influence ever since the likes of Jynx and Mr. Mime, and people complain about those too. Regardless, its clear in recent times Gamefreak has been slowly stretching further the very definition of what a Pokemon is. That human footprint is becoming much more evident and people are noticing. Again, it's not wrong to like a certain Pokemon, that's just something that needs pointing out so that no wars ensue here.

    As for generation 6, if they do the usual in every way then I think at this point people will probably get bored a lot quicker. I'm not saying they should ditch Ash or the gym quest, but it would do them well to reconsider things like putting more soul into Human-Pokemon and Human-Human interactions, emphasizing less on the "cool factor" of battles, etc. What Pokemon needs is to really convey that magical world of dreams and adventure properly, not simply go through the motions and merely meet our low expectations.
    I am the current leader of Save Our Voice Actors, a Pokemon fan group supporting the voice actors in the anime dubbed by 4Kids (seasons 1-8). Our goal is to provide The Pokemon Company international with encouraging feedback in support of returning the main cast members. If you're interested, please visit us at facebook.com/saveourvoiceactors

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    94

    Default

    I honestly don't mind the pokemon people complain about the design for, but I suspend a lot of disbelief anyways. I don't want it to end anytime soon... i know it's unpopular but I really love the Gen V pokemon anyways. I'm sure I'll be happy with Gen 6 too.

    {the rest, I haven't decided on yet or trained far enough.}

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    7,465

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flameboii View Post
    I have been watching Pokemon for so long now, in fact i have all the episodes from no. 1 to no. 750+ but do you guys thing pokemon is going to end ? Because i can't imagine them making any more stupid Pokemon !
    Really - an icecream Pokemon !
    This is what happens when you allow a bunch of less talented designers to create a Pokemon. You get crap like Ice Cream and Transformers. Sure the Japanese designers originally gave us things such as sludge and magnets, but they worked! They looked like they were meant to be Pokemon and not just dragged in from elsewhere to fill a few spaces. However Golurk and the Ice Cream line look so out of place it's unreal. Their design overall genuinely disgusts me because the standard of work put into them is so low..

    If they allow the second group of designers to help with the 6th generation, I'll be greatly disappointed.
    OR Playthrough - Fallarbor Town

    This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,482

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    This is what happens when you allow a bunch of less talented designers to create a Pokemon. You get crap like Ice Cream and Transformers. Sure the Japanese designers originally gave us things such as sludge and magnets, but they worked! They looked like they were meant to be Pokemon and not just dragged in from elsewhere to fill a few spaces. However Golurk and the Ice Cream line look so out of place it's unreal. Their design overall genuinely disgusts me because the standard of work put into them is so low..

    If they allow the second group of designers to help with the 6th generation, I'll be greatly disappointed.
    I'llhave you know vanilluxe was made in america.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,607

    Default

    No, it is not coming to an end. They're just creations, that's all. The writers are making money, why would they stop now?

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    7,465

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    I'llhave you know vanilluxe was made in america.
    Yes it was, along with the Golurk line. I'm already aware of that and my opinion is that they did a terrible job.
    OR Playthrough - Fallarbor Town

    This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Route 123, looking for Celebi
    Posts
    1,334

    Default

    Is there an actual reason that things like Muk and Magnemite "work" while Vaniluxe and Golurk don't, or are you just more accepting of the former two because they were introduced in the first gen when there were no previous installments to compare them to? Or maybe you're just used to their designs? The odder critters from generation I are really not significantly weirder or worse than the odder ones from gen V.


    98% of the teenage population has died smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
    Good old natural selection...

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Kanto
    Posts
    1,028

    Default

    The Pokemon anime should of had ended way back in the Johto series were Pokemon was still at it's peak. The 3rd generation was the start of a terrible era for Pokemon, the 4th generation only made it even worser then before. The 5th Generatiion is really good, but even it have it's own faults about it.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    7,465

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Honeyichigo View Post
    Is there an actual reason that things like Muk and Magnemite "work" while Vaniluxe and Golurk don't, or are you just more accepting of the former two because they were introduced in the first gen when there were no previous installments to compare them to? Or maybe you're just used to their designs? The odder critters from generation I are really not significantly weirder or worse than the odder ones from gen V.
    I'm not sure, but they just seem like they genuinely fit as Pokemon designs, without looking out of place. Another example would be Gulpin and Swalot. They are nothing but random gelatinous blobs, however they don't look out of place among the rest, whereas an Ice Cream and Transformer wannabe do look really odd when place alongside other Pokemon. As a legendary, Golurk could've worked just like the Regi's did, because as legendaries they are meant to be out of the ordinary. But as a normal Pokemon, I can't stand it.. and I think the worst thing about the Ice Creams, the thing that REALLY puts me off them more than anything else, is their stupid faces.
    OR Playthrough - Fallarbor Town

    This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Walnut Creek
    Posts
    943

    Default

    No. The anime is one of the most succesful in Japan and the anime does not make Pokemon the game does and if you wanna be technical about weird things look back a generation 1 and tell me some of those things can exist in reality -_-
    What happens when two diffrent people connect through an unlikely adventure?
    https://www.fanfiction.net/docs/edit.php?docid=29355246
    Pokemon-BW- Dare to live?

    So how many Pokemons are there?

    Silly Jack, the plural of Pokemon is Pokemon

    Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    Pokemon: Filler Adventures and Pokemon: Rise of the Penguin respectivley.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    Now that I think about it....that poster is a horrible advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    Wow, I'm just stating that I'm uncomfortable with one of the few decent pokemon on the train wreck that is Ash's Unova team getting shafted and you accuse me of impersonating an imposter?!

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Haha, oh wow. Genwunners make me laugh.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •