Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Running gags in the anime that went on for far too long

Pretty much all of them.

TR blasting off, thank go the writers finally came to their senses -_-.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

I know of one. Team Rocket dressing up and Ash and co. not recognize them. Seriously...there's like no logic for that. -.-

“...This is a tricky problem, huh. I really, really want to see the other Heroes... and if it works out, I want to make friends with them! If I made friends with six Heroes, I’d be an awesome mage! We could even conquer the world!”
    -Flatt Escardos, Fate Strange Fake
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204
    tumblr|fanfiction

"you're such a kid!" yeah......that one got annoying VERY quickly.....

Both draco meteor and James getting attacked by his own Pokemon annoyed me. I am glad they stopped both those things.

Iris "What a Kid" Collection [Part 1]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJVw-wmy0vw
    And this is just from the first seven episodes alone (Also, if someone knows every episode Iris says this, message me and I can make a Part 2!).
    Last edited by WisherWisherWish; 4th October 2012 at 6:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WisherWisherWish View Post
    Iris "What a Kid" Collection [Part 1]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJVw-wmy0vw
    And this is just from the first seven episodes alone (Also, if someone knows every episode Iris says this, message me and I can make a Part 2!).
    Omg I remember seeing that video.

I totally wanted to rip my ears out. ;-;

“...This is a tricky problem, huh. I really, really want to see the other Heroes... and if it works out, I want to make friends with them! If I made friends with six Heroes, I’d be an awesome mage! We could even conquer the world!”
    tumblr|fanfiction

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    Omg I remember seeing that video.

I totally wanted to rip my ears out. ;-;
    Yeah, what possessed them to think that like would be funny? I honestly TPCi found it annoying themselves and dropped it from the dub (at least that'd be one less thing bad about it).

You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

One running gag that's gone I'm glad for but often escalated too far was when Misty, Max, or Croagunk would stop Brock when he was flrting. That really got old fast when Misty seemed more adamant about it, or even almost teasing about it when some female CotD would be in love with a male CotD and Misty just kinda teasing Brock about it. That got worse and more painful as the series progressed with Max and his height difference on Brock and his being more vicious it seemed. So even in a new direction in Sinnoh, it still got old fast. =/
    "Looks like you're about to get pwned."

I don't care about EVs. If you don't either, copy and paste this into your sig. (Started by Shiny Metagross)

I don't see why everybody hated the whole Draco Meteor thing lol it was funny as **** and the Penguin had it coming.
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Robert>> It was funny in the first two episodes, but it went on far too long. It just became overkill after that.

Bryon>> Didn't like that gag either. It was fine with Misty, but Croagunk's "interruptions" were just plain stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    I don't see why everybody hated the whole Draco Meteor thing lol it was funny as **** and the Penguin had it coming.
    No if it was pikachu that would have made it 10 times funnier. I wonder what hurts more for it a pokeball or draco meteor.

That would have been worse.

Quote Originally Posted by octopusG44 View Post
    That would have been worse.
    No it wouldn't don't be so biased :P

Quote Originally Posted by Bryon View Post
    One running gag that's gone I'm glad for but often escalated too far was when Misty, Max, or Croagunk would stop Brock when he was flrting. That really got old fast when Misty seemed more adamant about it, or even almost teasing about it when some female CotD would be in love with a male CotD and Misty just kinda teasing Brock about it. That got worse and more painful as the series progressed with Max and his height difference on Brock and his being more vicious it seemed. So even in a new direction in Sinnoh, it still got old fast. =/
    Pulling Brock by ear was gag. But teasing him for falling in romance state with other girls was part of Misty character, with sarcasm and snarky side being part of persona.Personally i wasn't bothered by it because it could be quite funny at times, and it was usually done in friendly manner anyway.

Out of all third sides which prevented Brock from flirting though, imo Max was most annoying one. His jokes most of time weren't funny and he lacked ability to drag away Brock from other girls in subtle manner.

Robert>> It was funny in the first two episodes, but it went on far too long. It just became overkill after that.

Bryon>> Didn't like that gag either. It was fine with Misty, but Croagunk's "interruptions" were just plain stupid.
    That depends on if you hate the blue thing or not, I did so it was hilarious watching it get hit .

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    No if it was pikachu that would have made it 10 times funnier. I wonder what hurts more for it a pokeball or draco meteor.
    Lmfao that would of been funny too but at that point I was still a semi Pikachu fan so I wouldn't have thought so then.

Can I use this for Running Gags I wanted to go further?

-Iris's "Sixth Sense" and getting them lost (and Dento being all "-_- Being unscientific again")
    I'm glad that one isn't used as often, and Cilan only said that once as I recall so his part wasn't really part of it...

But I'm glad it's only used sparingly, so it wouldn't be included on this massive running gag list. That and it'd be like a rehash of Brock always getting them lost.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

Quote Originally Posted by gohan5 View Post
    that and it'd be like a rehash of Brock always getting them lost.
    I never knew that was supposed to be funny. :/ Like seriously. And Iris's gag was very different, she used her "sixth sense" to guide them there, not a map. XD

*thinks of Robert*

Robert beating Drew twice with Milotic? ._.;;;
    Last edited by JennaJayfeather; 5th October 2012 at 4:51 PM.

tumblr|fanfiction

Quote Originally Posted by pokemon fan 132 View Post
    Out of all third sides which prevented Brock from flirting though, imo Max was most annoying one. His jokes most of time weren't funny and he lacked ability to drag away Brock from other girls in subtle manner.
    Implying that Croagunk was subtle.

Actually the funniest Brock gag to me was Max. XDD Maybe because I liked Max as a character. Croagunk didn't faze me as much, it was just sort of a "Oh, so he takes the gag now." Misty....that was original, so it was just sort of there. I liked how Max got the idea from her. XDDD

tumblr|fanfiction

Actually the funniest Brock gag to me was Max. XDD Maybe because I liked Max as a character. Croagunk didn't faze me as much, it was just sort of a "Oh, so he takes the gag now." Misty....that was original, so it was just sort of there. I liked how Max got the idea from her. XDDD
    It seems like the reason for croagunk's existence was to be a ****block XD.

I think the draco meteor thing was an example of fridge horror. I mean that gag scarred and traumatized piplup so much it got nightmares from it. Even if it was played for humor Piplup will never be the same again when a dragon attempts to charge one up close to it.

I never knew that was supposed to be funny. :/ Like seriously. And Iris's gag was very different, she used her "sixth sense" to guide them there, not a map. XD
    Well I guess that's just you, they played it a lot more in the Original series and then it kind of dropped off after Max and the PokeNav came around. Though it did happen a few times in DP. Iris and Brock's actions are fundamentally the same, both having a poor sense of direction and getting the group lost.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

Quote Originally Posted by gohan5 View Post
    That and it'd be like a rehash of Brock always getting them lost.
    It'd be funny if it was like Ranma 1/2's Ryoga Hibiki and they ended up in bizarre places.

You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

*thinks of Robert*

Robert beating Drew twice with Milotic? ._.;;;
    He was talking about me lol.

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    He was talking about me lol.
    *facepalm XD; I'm such a fail.

tumblr|fanfiction

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast