2 5.13%
  • Iris

0 0%
  • Cilan

0 0%
  • The out of pokeball pokemon

1 2.56%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which main character got shafted the most while they were on the show?

Lol May has more votes then Brock?? What show were you guys watching O_o?!
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Lol May has more votes then Brock?? What show were you guys watching O_o?!
    The same reason Dawn has 2 votes for being shafted...I guess.

Interesting how May has more votes than her little brother.

Lol May has more votes then Brock??
    Brock gets to do something every day ...

Cook Dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post

Cook Dinner.
    Hey hey hey!!! May got to whine everyday lol.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Poor Tracey, he just got 1 season because of that Brock's stereotype problem, then when it got cleared he got Oaked like Ash's pokemon and he's destined not to put a foot outside of kanto ever again.

I wonder if his family misses him in Orange Islands xD
    IGN: Carlos
    FC: 0903-2783-6541

[CENTER]SIGNATURE SOON...[/COLOR]

Cook Dinner.
    And lunch, and do the laundry, and breakfast, and be the pack mule, and cook pokemon food, and be the walking strategy guide, and did I mention cooking?

Brock lived such a fulfilling life as Ash's servant caretaker that they devoted two episodes to showing just how awful wonderful his life was.

In other news Tracey is winning this Poll. What more could Tracey have done?

Thinking back he seemed to have a pretty impressive amount of screen time for only being there 30-some episodes.

I'm a-getting the feeling there are a lot of troll-voting in the polls. The only possible way anyone can think May was shafted was probably that she didn't get any special episodes in Johto, because I can't think of anything else.

What I liked about the way May was handled, was that she was one-step above the level of a sidekick character but she wasn't shoved down our throats as much as Dawn was as a full co-star. You never felt like May was stealing the show away from Ash, as opposed to Dawn who literally took center stage for a large chunk of DP until the tail-end. But you also never felt like May was too ignored for long to the fact that it felt like she wasn't doing anything.

Probably helped matters that most Max-centered episodes somewhat involved her too in some form.

It came down to either Max or Tracey for me. I decided to pick Max as the most shafted because Tracey at least got the Chronicles episodes. Max didn't even get a speaking cameo in DP; he was mentioned in passing several times by May and that's it.

I agree with you Cyber in saying that May wasn't really shafted as a character. She was the transition between Misty as a sort of background character to Dawn's role as a co-star. I am frustrated she didn't get a special for the Johto Grand Festival, though.

Quote Originally Posted by I am Lu View Post
    I agree with you Cyber in saying that May wasn't really shafted as a character. She was the transition between Misty as a sort of background character to Dawn's role as a co-star. I am frustrated she didn't get a special for the Johto Grand Festival, though.
    Admittedly I would have liked to see May participate in some more non-coordinator events like Dawn did. However we did see May:

- She competed in the Pokeringer
    - She battled in the Winstrate family household
    - She battled Wattson's Assistant with her Skitty in Mauville Gym
    - She competed in BF's Orienteering competition

Still its obvious Dawn got to do more battle-centric events than she did, Dawn got to battle Lucian, Maylene and two tournaments such as DP's tag battle and BW's Junior CUp.

Granted May did get more on-screen Contests though, they actually made more Contest episodes in AG than they did in DP. May competed in 16 on-screen Contests and two Grand Festivals while Dawn got 11 on-screen Contests and one Grand Festival.

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Lol May has more votes then Brock??
    Snivy and Oshawott have more votes than Leavanny in your strongest Unova pokemon thread.

These little polls don't exactly mean much.

I just figured that May not doing more Tournaments went hand in hand with her decision to be a Coordinator over a Trainer.

Which makes the idea that she empathized the battling aspect of coordinating over the artistic value absolutely hilarious.

May wasn't shafted at all. I think she did a wonderous job being that she had two regions and alot of accomplishments. Max deserves the title since he had no pokemon all together.

My ideal battle ever!

I just figured that May not doing more Tournaments went hand in hand with her decision to be a Coordinator over a Trainer.

Which makes the idea that she empathized the battling aspect of coordinating over the artistic value absolutely hilarious.
    Wasn't more or less because of Ash's influence?

Burgund- oh, wait, main character.

Probably Brock. He didn't really do anything useful. At least he built bigger teams than Iris and Cilan, but his Pokemon have battled much less. Then he got a random career ambition and left in two episodes.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

I said this in another thread, but when you think of Brock you realize this:

Brock basically abandoned his career as a Gym leader, then abandoned his dream of becoming the worlds best breeder, and then settled for becoming a Pokemon doctor...within the span of 600 episodes. Wonderful.

So Brock's role in the series was basically to follow Ash around while letting his own ambitions slide to the wayside, then finally realize he hadn't been doing anything but cheering for Ash for 600 episodes, and then finally got motivated to better himself. In a way though it mirrors real life, how many people change their careers constantly before they decide what they want to do in life?

Overall, Tracey.
    Hoenn and BF, Max.
    DP, Brock.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

I chose, "Tracey" just cause he appeared less than other characters and I consider Max as the "out of pokeball pokemon" replacement lol so yeah...

Ash: Now I choose you!
    Electro Ball!

-Pikachu: PikaPika-Chu-Pi!-

Tracey shouldn't be included on the poll, obviously with only a 32 episode run he was never intended to be important.

In a way though it mirrors real life, how many people change their careers constantly before they decide what they want to do in life?
    Pokemon: Office Addition

Spoiler:

I think that changing careers is just a natural part in the process. He's not the only one who's done it for one reason or another in any case.

^Where's the like button on these forums lol?

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    ^Where's the like button on these forums lol?
    An00bis speaks the truth 90% of the time.

God I wish this was like the old days where someone would say something negative about Misty and then it would turn into a 10-page debate until the mods locked the thread. Those were great times.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    I said this in another thread, but when you think of Brock you realize this:

Brock basically abandoned his career as a Gym leader, then abandoned his dream of becoming the worlds best breeder, and then settled for becoming a Pokemon doctor...within the span of 600 episodes. Wonderful.
    Since gym leader wasn't his career to begin with i can hardly call that as abandonment. He had burden of having to take care of younger brothers and sisters not having chance to pursue his own dreams and ambitions until Flint came back.

As for transfer to doctor career, you could say it could be viewed as stepping stone for Brock offering chance to learn more about healing, preparing medicines and taking good care of pokemon from other doctors which lies in domain of activities breeders do too(but to smaller degree).

After all he started showing interest in doctor calling by end of Battle Frontier being involved in healing other pokemon and substituting nurse Joy on occasions.

So Brock's role in the series was basically to follow Ash around while letting his own ambitions slide to the wayside, then finally realize he hadn't been doing anything but cheering for Ash for 600 episodes, and then finally got motivated to better himself. In a way though it mirrors real life, how many people change their careers constantly before they decide what they want to do in life?
    Traveling helped to enrich Brock character with new skills and knowledge, so i think its unfair to call it "waste of time". He learned many important things about keeping your pokemon in top shape, how to prepare potions and which one to utilize depending on situation, how to prepare various types of pokemon food, exchanged tips with other breeders he met and explored world , new pokemon and regions gaining more experience. His improvement was acknowledge by several breeders, nurse Joys or trainers out there showing that he learned a lot since early days.

Brock was in reality only main character so far who changed his career, even though it doesn't differentiate that much from breeder calling.
    May and Dawn still pursue contest quest, Iris still aims for dragon master title, Cilan connoisseur calling was his career before he even joined cast, Ash still wants to become pokemon master and Misty is delicate case since she never gave up from water master career. She took gym pout of obligation and necessity not being knopwn if she plans to lave position in future and continue to pursue her aim of becoming top water trainer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12