Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Community POTW #91

Default Community POTW #91

Time for the next Pokémon of the Week

This week we're dealing the the classic Pokémon evolution; Rhyperior.

While Rhyperior is slow, it has tremendous strengths and defences

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/464.shtml

Go nuts

Ability: Solid Rock
    Item: Life Orb
    Moves: Rock Wrecker, Earthquake, Megahorn, Hammer Arm/ThunderPunch
        Spoiler:- Favourite Pokemon:

Rhi-nose is very runny today

Analysis: ah the Rock Rhino of UU, this behemoth is no slouch with attack, making it ideal for Banded Stone Edges!

Wow the first time I'm writing on a Pokemon of the Week .

First out of all of Rhyperior's abilities(Lightningrod, Solid Rock & Reckless) Solid Rock is probably it's best one giving it more time on the battle field since he can better take hits. He literally has no move that can work with Reckless, does he?

Nature: Adamant or even Brave ( it won't matter if it decreases your speed since
    no matter what you do you won't be able to make Rhyperior faster; also the same goes for Special defense)

Moves: Earthquake (is a must, I won't even bother to explain why)
    Stone Edge ( is probably his best rock type move since Rock Wrecker needs turn to recharge)
    Megahorn (a powerful move that can hit pretty much anything for a lot of damage)
    For the last slot you can either go for Hammer Arm ( like me) since again the drawback of having your speed lowered
    isn't something you'll cry over or
    you can choose one of the Elemental punches ( though they are very weak ).
    Another interesting moveset one could try is by exchanging some moves with Stealth Rock and Dragon Tail, affectedly destroying
    most of the entire team.

Well that's all I came up with, hope it was good.

Founder of the -Perior hype
    Rhyperior @ Life Orb/Focus Sash
    Nature: Adamant (+atk -sp.atk)
    EV: 252 attack/252 HP/ 4 speed

- Fire Punch
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - Thunder Punch/Aqua Tail

Rhyperior is... Okay, rock/ground is a horrible typing with so many week messes but also spells STAB in EdgeQuake. Rhyperior's attack is nothing to scoff at, sitting at a 140 base attack. It's just... Solid Rock is a great ability that weakens super effective moves, but it's special defense can be horrible. Life Orb is for the extra firepower but Focus Sash is for safety purposes. Basically, hit hard and faint. It's speed is horrible as well. Anyways, Fire Punch removes three weaknesses and practically gives coverage. EdgeQuake is a dangerous combo, since both are boosted by STAB. The last slot goes to ThunderPunch for coverage or Aqua Tail for coverage against other ground types.

As a trivia, Grass Knot utterly destroys Rhyperior. 120 B.P coupled with x4 weakness or x3 at best, taking in Rhyperior's horrifying sp. def and most likely boosted by STAB... Brr

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Ah, Rhyperior, one of my favorite Pokemon.
    Abilities:
    Lightningrod: Not that great of an ability considering that Rhyperior is a physical attacker and is a ground. It's only good in Double Battles and even then there are better Pokemon to do it.
    Solid Rock: Probably Rhyperiors best ability, making any super-effective damage weaker, but considering that most of Rhyperior's weaknesses are Special-based, it doesn't help sometimes, but it is probably his best ability.
    Reckless: Boosting only moves like Take Down, it's not the better ability

Set:
    Red Rover, Red Rover, Run them right over.
    - Stone Edge
    - Earthquake
    - Hammer Arm / Dragon Tail
    - Rock Slide
    EVs: 252 Attack / 252 SDef / 4 HP
    Nature: Adamant
    Unfortunately, Rhyperior's speed is its downfall. If it was faster it would be a much stronger Pokemon. But what it does have is high Attack and alot of strong moves that benefit from it. Stone Edge, Earthquake, Hammer Arm. I would probably run Hammer Arm over Dragon Tail, but Dragon Tail might be better depending on the kind of Rhyperior you want to run. Stone Edge has high-critical hits. Earthquake hits so many Pokemon. Hammer Arm is strong, and it lowers Rhyperior's speed, but that doesn't matter considering that his speed is already pathetically low. Dragon Tail is there if you don't want to run Hammer Arm, and it can switch out something that could take your Rhyperior out, but you would have to predict well considering his speed. Finally we have Rock Slide, a strong move with decent accuracy. STAB will help boost this up.
    My Pokemon Teams:
    Fire Red:
    Leaf Green:
    Sapphire:

My Shiny Pokemon:
    (RE)
    (SR)
    (SR)

Shiny Pokemon Being Hunted:

Just gonna put this right here.
    Rhyferior @ Choice Band
    252 Atk/ 252 HP/ 4 Def
    Adamant
    Solid Rock
    Stone Edge/ Rock Wrecker/ Rock Blast
    Earthquake
    Megahorn
    Fire Punch/ Aqua Tail

The first move is your choice. SE is reliable-ish, RW has a ridonkeylous amount of power, and Rock Blast breaks subs while being much weaker. Earthquake is Earthquake. Megahorn catches some coverage on bulky Psychics and such, and the last move is for more coverage. Fire Punch catches Bronzong and grass-types that are neutral to Megahorn (Roserade), while Aqua Tail also does stuff.

You could also try a Swords Dance set, but if the opponent hasn't switched in with a counter by then, you shouldn't be playing him. Rhyperior is best used in hit-and-run fashion, since so many things can hurt him. Solid Rock really only helps with physical Fighting moves and Earthquake - hitting him with a special move, especially a Water or Grass one, will most likely OHKO him.
    Last edited by SwordsDanceStruggle; 23rd September 2012 at 2:42 PM.

Rhyperior makes a great TR sweeper abusing STAB Earthquake and Stone Edge. It is already slow as crap.
    With a Brave nature and 0 spd Iv's he hits a speed of 76. With his STABs he has fantastic coverage and with Solid Rock and a base 115/130 defence, he can take a Bullet Punch/Mach Punch or two.

Rhyperior @ Life Orb/Focus Sash
    Nature: Brave (+Atk -Spd)
    EV: 252 Hp / 252 Atk / 4 Def
    0 Spd IV
    - Ice Punch
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - Megahorn/Thunder Punch

Ice Punch hits Gliscor/Gligar and Dragons
    Eathquake and Stone Edge are STABs that get fantastic coverage
    Megahorn is mainly for UU, but can hit Reuniculas
    TPunch is for Skarm and water pokemon

(Neutral EQ and Stone Edge hits as hard as a x2 Ice/Thunder Punch)

"It's time to see what I can do. Test the limits and break through!"

PoshSprout Nariya's Head Mage
    Credit to FairyWitch and GTA for the art!

Rhyperior. A super hyped Pokemon and one of my personal favourites.

Rhyperior@Choice Band
    Solid Rock
    252 atk evs, 252 hp
    Nature: + atk, - speed
    0 speed ivs

Earthquake
    Stone Edge/Rock Blast
    Megahorn
    Stealth Rock/Substitute/Thunderpunch

This set should be used in TR. Earthquake is an awesome move, Stone Edge is also STAB. However, Rock Blast can be used to break through turn wasting substitutes. Megahorn is a strong move, covering grass types. Stealth Rock is an awesome move, but Rhyperior probably wont get to use it. Substitute can be used on a switch in, then you can hit the counter heavily when they break your sub. Thunderpunch can also be used to hit Bulky waters twice - once on the switch, once on their attacking turn. LO to grant power. Solid rock diminishes fighting and ground attacks, as well as maybe a weak Waterfall and a... Razor Leaf? Nothing on the special side probably. Maybe Earth Power? Sandstorm also helps buff Rhyperior. You could also use Hammer Arm to become "quicker"

Teammates: Someone to put up sandstorm - Hippowdon/Tyranitar.
    A counter to bulky waters - Rotom-W. Also counters rain. Or Virizion.
    Trick Room abusers/setters - Porygon-2, Reinculus, Marowak.
    Pokemon that can attack outside of TR - Terrakion, Latios, Virizion, Landorus.

Counters: Special SE attacks - water and grass mostly. Nintales - Solarbeam/Energy Ball and Politoed - Scald/Hydro Pump. Intimidate Gyarados, Milotic, generally Bulky Waters. Shaymin, Virizion, grass types. Also Pokemon faster, bulky and with a set up move e.g. Cloyster. A Focus Sash would also help Cloyster/pokemon like it.

Damnit, ninja'd
    Last edited by KYOGRE-D; 23rd September 2012 at 2:47 PM.
    Check out my nuzlockes!

Spoiler:- My Nuzlockes:

Shinies:

DW Females: Druddingon, Staravia, Kabuto, Murkrow, Swinub, Vulplix, a few more I have to check

My friend code is 0219 0031 8407

This week we have Rhyperior (though I think Rhydon is better)

Ability Compendium
    Lightningrod: Electric-type moves are drawn to this Pokémon. Electric-type moves will do no damage and the Pokémon's SP ATK is raised one stage .
    First things first, this ability is only useful in Doubles/Triples and if one (or both) of your partners is weak to Electric-type moves.
    Second, Rhyperior's Sp Atk sucks. Finally, this ability sucks in Singles since Rhyperior is ALREADY immune to Electric-type moves.
    Solid Rock: Damage by super-effective moves is reduced by 25%.
    Rhyperior's best ability, nough said. Reducing damage done to super-effective moves can save your live, though Rhyperior will die against an Absorb or a Bubble anyway...
    Reckless: The power of moves that have recoil damage is increased by 20%.
    It only boosts Rhyperior's Take Down and Double-edge, but you aren't going to use those anyway...

Pros:
    One immunity to Electric-type moves (though many Electric-type Pokémon usually carry an Ice-type move).
    Five resistances to Fire, Flying, Normal, Poison and Rock (only two of them are pretty common).
    Good HP (115) and massive Attack (140) and Defense (130).
    Trick Room is a massive help for Rhyperior.
    Immune to Sandstorm and resistant to Stealth Rock.
    Sunny Day helps him against Water-type moves (though Solarbeam will be VERY painful).

Cons:
    Two 4x weaknesses to Grass and Water.
    Four 2x weaknesse to Fight, Ground, Ice and Steel (three of them are super common offensive types).
    Low Sp Def (55) and low Speed (40 means Rhyperior is SO ZETTA SLOW), though the Speed problem is easily solved by Trick Room.
    Rain Dance will be a pain in Rhyperior's ***.
    Grass Knot and Low Kick will kill Rhyperior thanks to its massive body.

Drill, drill, drill your horn, gently down the hole...
    @Iron Ball
    Nature: Brave
    EVs: 252 Atk, the rest shoul be invested in HP, Def and Sp Def (more on the last stat), NO Speed EVs.
    Earthquake/Drill Run
    Stone Edge/Rock Slide/Rock Blast (NOT Rock Wrecker because is a 2-turn Hyper Beam like move which makes Rhyperior defenseless)
    Hammer Arm
    Megahorn
    Before I explain this set, you should (and MUST) have a Trick Room supporter.
    About your Ground STAB move, Earthquake is a more solid option than Drill Run, but if you like critical hits, you can go with Drill Run.
    About your Rock STAB move, Stone Edge hits hard, but has low accuracy and PP, while Rock Slide is a more reliable option with more PP and slightly more accuracy (forget the side effect unless you have Trick Room) and Rock Blast is your Substitute breaker.
    Hammer Arm while covering Ice and Steel-types, increases your Speed while Trick Room is in play.
    Finally, Megahorn covers Grass-types.
    Iron Ball adds some extra Speed with Trick Room in play
    Last edited by Star Champion AJ; 23rd September 2012 at 3:31 PM.
    I claim Flygon, the super awesome Dragon

rock polish sweeper, (I thought it would jjust be interesting to add)
    solid rock

rock polish
    stone edge
    earthquake
    megahorn

Hp:16, Atk: 240, Spd252
    jolly/ adamant
    well it will work against slower pokemon just to give you that extra edge-quake (teehee) though it won't be sweeping through entire teams, it will put a dent in all slower pokemon.

Rhyperior, right now, I WILL CRUSH YOU!

Stone Edge
    Earthquake
    Megahorn
    Ice Punch
    Item:Choice Band
    EVs 252 Atk 252 Def 4 Sp Def
    Nature:Adamant (+Atk-Sp Atk)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tropius19 View Post
    This thread proves sppf is full of geniuses :x
    My Instagram, please follow!

Hoenn Starters :3

I'm gone from SPPF to pursue academics, and I most likely won't be back. Bye!

Rhyperioris a great Pokemon for power, but Base 55 Sp.Def and 2 quad-weaknesses make it less viable in long-term fights. Even with Solid Rock giving +25% Resistance to Weaknesses and Sandstorm giving +50% Sp.Def to Rock Types, you need to hit hard enough to 1-shot your opponent and survive long enough to actually get the hit in. Even with maxed out, Sandstorm boosted Sp.Def, you've got an effective total Sp.Def of 343 with a Sp.Def-Up Nature or 313 with a Sp.Def-Neutral Nature. To put things in perspective for Sp.Def, Base 107 (Cradily & Appliance-Rotom) has a maximum of 344, Base 106 (Heatran) has a maximum of 342, Base 95 (too many to list) has a maximum of 317, and Base 90 (too many again) has a maximum of 306.

However, doing this will detract a lot of EVs from a more useful Stat (HP or Attack):
    -If you do decide to pour EVs into Sp.Def, remember that you only need 132 HP EVs to hit the magic 404 Max HP for Substitutes. Then again, why would you not go whole hog for 434?
    -Attack ties with Conkeldurr, non-Zen Mode Darmanitan, and Archeops above 50% HP, but putting only 4 EVs into Rhyperior with an Attack-Neutral Nature gives it an effectively-maxed Attack-Up Nature Base 95 or a total Attack of 317. Even then, why would you not go whole hog for 379/416 (Attack-Neutral/Up)?
    -With only 4 Sp.Def EVs, you get 147/161 Sp.Def (Sp.Def-Neutral/Up), which boosts to 220/241 (respectively). That's between maximum possible Bases 60 (240) and 61 (243) at best. During a Sandstorm, a maxed-out Base 100 STAB Surf would deal a minimum of 417 Damage and a maxed-out Base 70 STAB Grass Knot would deal a minimum of 423 Damage to a Rhyperior with 4 Sp.Def EVs. Note that I said minimum.

If you have at least 271 total Sp.Atk and Grass STAB, Grass Knot is always a 1KO on a Rhyperior with less than 8 Sp.Def EVs. To put things into perspective, Torterra's maximum possible Sp.Atk is 273 (Base 75). Without STAB, you would need at least 405 total Sp.Atk (the maximum possible for Base 135) for that 1KO Grass Knot.
    Last edited by Kraleck; 23rd September 2012 at 3:37 PM.
    Pokémon X Friend Safari: Snover, Bergmite, Piloswine.

Ever see a Corsola 1-shot an Uber? Arceus bless Pokemon Stadium 2...
    WARNING: Strong profanity and extreme hilarity in this video. Viewer discretion and pointing-and-laughing advised.

The moment I first saw this thing, I promised to never evolve my Rhydon.
    Why did Rhydon's evolution have to be so ugly? Rhydon has a sweet design. Rhyperior looks like one of the Big Balls that you see on Wipeout with a stupid excuse for a head super-glued to the top. I also pictured a Snorlax with a lot of rocks and a tail. Rhydon's future royally sucks.
    With my passionate hatred of Rhyperior's aesthetics aside, Rhyperior offers solid (albeit not excellent) competitive ability. Its stats are heavily unbalanced, featuring sky-high HP, attack, and defense while special attack, special defense, and speed are pathetically low. Rhyperior's type is powerful offensively, but suffers defensively. Defensively, Rhydon offers competition to the master of ugly thanks to the new Eviolite item.
    Lets look at abilities. Rhyperior has Lightningrod, Solid Rock, and Reckless. Lightningrod is useless. Reckless doesn't offer much. Solid Rock is very nice. Movepool? Lots of options for offense.
    Move set time!

The Hideous, The Repulsive, and The Ugly
    EVs: 252 attack and HP, 4 sp defense
    @: Leftovers/Life Orb

Stone Edge/Rock Slide
    Earthquake
    Megahorn
    Curse

I'm starting with something non-standard. This set is all about Trick Room abuse. STAB comes from the EdgeQuake combo with Megahorn for coverage. Curse makes Trick Room abuse awesome. If accuracy scares you, Rock Slide can be used over Stone Edge because Captain Ugly has plenty of attack to compensate for the power loss.

Scary things tend to be ugly
    EVs: same
    @: Choice Band

Stone Edge
    Earthquake
    Megahorn
    Avalanche

This thing hits hard. That's all you need to know.

You can't polish what looks like poop.
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 252 attack and speed, 4 hp
    @: Leftovers/Life Orb

Rock Polish
    Stone Edge/Rock Slide
    Earthquake
    Megahorn

Good luck making this work. If you do, I will develop ugly-phobia.
    I claim Buizel.

Using Rhyperior Intellect
    Rhyperior w/ Choice Band/Life Orb
    Solid Rock
    252 HP/252 Atk/4 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    Earthquake
    Stone Edge
    Megahorn
    Ice Punch/Avalanche

Before you flame warriors go on about the 4 Speed EV's, they're for outrunning other base 40 speed Pokémon.
    Last edited by grantholomew; 23rd September 2012 at 3:59 PM.

Friend Code: 2492-4126-1302
    Friend Safari: Krabby, Floatzel, Frogadier

Sapphire Nuzlocke - COMPLETE!
    Team:
    Dead:

Soulsilver Nuzlocke - COMPLETE!
    Team: **
    Dead:

Platinum Nuzlocke
    Team:
    Dead:

I'd just like to take this moment to inform people that Eviolite Rhydon in sand is incredibly bulkier than it sounds...and it has plenty of attacking prowess too...that said, trick room and indefinite sand are like peanut butter and jelly in rhydon's sandwich

Rhyperior is the perfect example of something heavily unbalanced. It's first three stats are monstrous: 115 HP / 140 Attack / 130 Defense are among the highest non-Uber stats in the game. However, it's other three stats are...not so monstrous. While Special Attack is out of the question, its abysmal Special Defense and Speed really hinder it. Its typing also doesn't help it: it gives Rhyperior a double weakness to Water- and Grass-type moves, move of which are special attacks. But that's enough of Rhyperior's crippling side. While it's unbalanced stats hinder it, they can also force out certain Pokemon easily. It's defense also allows it to take some of the strongest super-effective physical attacks, even including Darmanitan's Superpower. It's typing is great offensively, giving it STAB on EdgeQuake. It also has the movepool to abuse its gargantuan attack, including Megahorn, Ice Punch, Avalanche, Aqua Tail, and Hammer Arm. If you play Rhyperior to its advantages, it will give stall teams headaches, and will punch gaping holes in the opposing team.

Abilities
    Lightningrod: 1. Rhyperior has a terrible special attack stat. 2. Rhyperior's Ground typing cancels out the boost. 3. This is useless in singles anyway. Could be used in doubles if you team it with Gyarados though.
    Solid Rock: This is the ability you should stick to. It weakens super-effective attacks. This compensates for its double weaknesses to Water- and Grass-type moves.
    Reckless: A good ability, but wasted on Rhyperior. The only move noteworthy move that gets boosted is Double-Edge, which is usually not worth using on any set.

Tank
    Item: Leftovers
    EVs: 208 HP / 252 Atk / 48 SpD
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge / Rock Blast
    - Megahorn
    - Stealth Rock / Substitute

This set capitalizes on Rhyperior's massive attack and defense, and its tendency to force switches. Earthquake and Stone Edge are the main STABs, and both hit like a truck thank to Rhyperior's attack. Rock Blast can be used over Stone Edge to break Substitutes, and still hits quite hard despite the inconsistent damage. Megahorn is mostly to hit switch-ins such as Shaymin, but can also be used to destroy Slowbro below 50%. Stealth Rock is used is use in the last slot to use when the opponent switches out. If your team already has a Stealth Rock user, Substitute is recommended, so you can possibly KO the switch-in. 48 EVs in Special Defense allow Rhyperior to survive some weaker Special Attacks.

Choice Band
    Item: Choice Band
    EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Def / 124 Spe
    - Stone Edge
    - Earthquake
    - Megahorn
    - Ice Punch / Rock Blast

This set is designed to plow through teams and cause massive destruction. The attacks are mainly the same, but Ice Punch is added to OHKO Gligar after Stealth Rock, and OHKO Flygon.

Rock Polish
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - Rock Polish
    - Megahorn / Ice Punch

Rock Polish can fix Rhyperior's speed up a bit. After a boost, it is only outrun by Crobat and common Choice Scarf users. The coverage move are the same as the last sets.

Other Options
    Hammer Arm can OHKO Air Balloon Bisharp, but Bisharp doesn't carry it too often in UU. In the same vein, Fire Punch can also hit it along with Bronzong, but Rhyperior has a hard time finding a moveslot for these moves. Avalanche may sound tempting over Ice Punch, but since most opponents will switch to the appropriate counter when they see Rhyperior, it will often deal only 60 BP, making Ice Punch the better option. Aqua Tail hits opposing Rhyperior, but not much else. Swords Dance can be threatening, but requires a lot of team support since it is so slow.

Counters
    248 HP / 244 Def Regenerator Slowbro is the best. It is only 2HKO'd by Megahorn, and even then it can just switch out to regain its health, while Surf will end Rhyperior's rampage. Hitmontop can easily stop Rhyperior if it carries Stealth Rock. Choice Scarf Heracross can easily counter the Rock Polish set as well.
    Last edited by MatchMaster; 23rd September 2012 at 4:18 PM.
    DW Pokemon I can offer:

Rhyno-Horn
    Pokemon:Rhyperior
    Nature:Adamant
    Ability:Solid rock
    Item:Leaftovers
    Ev´s:252HP/252Att./4speed
    Moves:
    ~Mega Horn
    ~Earthquake
    ~Rock Polish
    ~Dragon Tail/Stealth Rock
    This are my female pokemon with the Dream World Ability:
    If you want one of this pokemons send me a private message.Tell me what do you offer or what do you want.
        Spoiler:- DW Females:

FC: 1593 5500 2865

Rhyperior... I've never really considered it a threat seeing how its Sp. Def is basically non-existent and my team is generally packed with special attackers. But its 140 Atk is quite attractive, even though the 40 Spd is quite repulsive.

Abilities:
    Lightningrod: switch into an Electric attack, power up your Sp. Atk for... absolutely no reason. Unless... you have a Rhyperior made for Sp. Atk. A good joke Pokemon, and it... uh... might catch people off guard?
    Solid Rock: no need to explain. Take it!
    Reckless: x1.2 in power to recoil moves that Rhyperior doesn't really have... Now, if Rhyperior had Head Smash, that'd be different. But alas...

Adamant
    EVs: 252 HP, 252 Atk, 6 Def.
    Life Orb/Choice Band
    Stone Edge
    Earthquake
    Megahorn
    Fire Punch.

Stone Edge is the secondary STAB (for some reason, Rhyperior is Ground/Rock), and will probably miss 3 times out of 5 uses. Earthquake is the primary STAB that basically kills anything that touches the ground and doesn't resist. Megahorn blasts the Grass types that does resist Earthquake, assuming the Rhyperior somehow outruns it. Fire Punch hits the floating Steel types that resist everything else. Skarmory, for instance.

Surprise set:
    Jolly
    EVs: 6 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spd
    Focus Band/Focus Sash
    Rock Polish
    Stone Edge
    Earthquake
    Megahorn

A Rhyperior that'll actually outrun stuff after a single turn. Rock Polish first, then kill away. Focus Band if you're lucky, Focus Sash otherwise. Personally, I've never seen Focus Band being used by my Pokemon, but I've seen it trigger twice in a row in the Battle Tower... If I were to use this set, Rhyperior would survive/barely survive the first Sp. Atk hit, use Rock Polish, use Stone Edge, miss, and then be immediately KOed. Again, use this set if you feel lucky.
    A recent RNG binge has left quite a few shiny IV 31 all (or practically 31 all) Legendary Pokemon left over, among others.
    I will gladly sell them to those who desire for interesting offers. Since I can RNG, a random shiny is as interesting to me as an ant is to a math professor.
    Shiny, Timid, IV 31 all: , x2
    Shiny, Jolly, IV 31 all:
    Shiny, Jolly, IVs: 31, 31, 31, 24, 31, 31: , , , ,
    Shiny, Timid, IV 31 all: x2
    Timid, IVs: 31, 4?, 31, 31, 26, 31: x6, x5

Rhy-No way That's a Natural Shine(Rock Polish Sweeper)
    Rhyperior (M) @ Life Orb/Leftovers
    Trait: Solid Rock
    -Rock Polish
    -Earthquake
    -Stone Edge
    -Megahorn/Fire Punch/Ice Punch

Rhyperior has decent speed after a Rock Polish, outspeed base 100s and almost all non-scarfed Pokemon. Edgequake and the last moves depends on what you want to hit harder. Megahorn hits a lot more neutrally. Fire Punch hits Ferrothorns mostly and Ice Punch is for Breloom, Virizion and Gliscor

252 +6 Atk Choice Band Pure Power Victini (+Atk)Critical V-create vs 0 HP/0 -6 Def Dry Skin Paras (-Def) : 103470436.36% - 121729963.64% (Guaranteed OHKO)

You Don't Say? I had no idea that a Choice Band Adamant Victini with maximum attack EVs and IVs that was baton passed +6 in attack and Skill Swapped Pure Power OHKO's Hasty Dry Skin Lvl 1 Paras with no defense EVs or IVs and -6 in defense under sun with a critical hit V-Create.

Feel My RHY POWER!!!

I need people for Friend Safari
    2DS friend code (Pokemon Y): 5000-2976-5362
    Send a private message my way if you add me.

Spoiler:- Previous In-Game Teams:

Superior
    Adamant/brave
    Item : leftovers or ground gem
    Ability : solid rock/lightningrod
    EV's 252 attack, 100 defense, 152 SP.def
    Aqua tail/outrage/iron head
    Earthquake/drill run
    Superpower/ice punch
    Stone edge/dragon rush

As we all know rhyperior gets a VERY nice move pool and a lot if coverage for its weaknesses you can even use an eviolite on rhydon and it will be more defense but will have less attack power

Going old school
    Rhydon
    Item: Eviolite
    EV's 252sp.def/defense, 100 attack 152 SP.def or 152 defense
    Drill power
    Mega horn/shadow claw
    Fire punch
    Stone edge/smack down/ice punch

Never use any Special moves on them they don't have the capability to do enough damage they have many moves to use on sets so there ore tons of possibilities there is enough to make dozens of sets
    Last edited by SmeargleRocks; 23rd September 2012 at 8:03 PM.

3DS XL FC for Pokemon Y 2595-0724-5772 IGN SmeargleRocks
    Shiny Number 1268

I can offer gen6 cloning services, I will only clone what I don't have as glitch cloning can take awhile and be stressful

Self caught shinies on Y 24
    first successfull (and accidental) MM Shelmet timid 31/1/19/31/31/31 4:25 pm EST 4/14/14
    Shiny XD Gale of Darkness Zubat caught September 17th 2012 @ 4:24 pm EST cave PokeSpot

FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!
    ALL Gen6 6IV Event pokemon are hacked

I am still amazed how bulky Rhydon is with Eviolite.

It is amazing
    ayd22: what's it like to use broken items to make up for lackluster skills
    ayd22: yeah your playing great right not
    ayd22: rethink your strategy
    Togoro: get styled upon
    The Pokemon Showdown Little Cup Ladder

I do nothing anymore. Oops
    PASBL

So this week is Rhyperior...let's see what good combos I can come up with.

Rock of Electic Power
    Ability: Lightningrod
    Nature: Careful (+ Sp Defence/-Sp Attack)
    Item: Cell Battery (+attack if hit with an Electric move)
    EVs: 252 Sp Defence/252 Attack/4 HP
    Moves
    Hammer Arm
    Thunderpunch/Thunder Fang(You choose)
    Earthquake
    Rock Wrecker

The thing with this build is that it's primarilly make for double battles with ether a Flying type Pokemon or a Pokemon with the Ability Levitate. The Cell battery WILL absorb an electric attack and then amp up Rhyperior's Attack stat, even if the opponent lanches the attack at your other pokemon. The weak point with this is that Rhyperior can't be teamed up with a Pokemon with moves that cause damage to all sides of the field, like surf.

I even came up with something for Rhyhorn

Pre-horned 101
    Ability: Rock Head
    Nature: Brave (+ Attack/-Speed)
    Item's: Eviolite/Life Orb
    EVs: 252 Attack/252 HP/4 Sp Defence
    Moves
    Poison Jab
    Megahorn
    Superpower
    Take Down

Hope you enjoy these till next week...LatOr.

Friend Code: Listed in code spoiler!
    Pokémon Safari Type: Dark
    Pokémon in Safari: Liepard, Nuzleaf, Crawdaunt (Spiecal thanks to mwrspeedy29 and Shao-May)
        Spoiler:- Code Section:

Quote Originally Posted by firerank9 View Post
    So this week is Rhyperior...let's see what good combos I can come up with.

Rock of Electic Power
    Ability: Lightningrod
    Nature: Careful (+ Sp Defence/-Sp Attack)
    Item: Cell Battery (+attack if hit with an Electric move)
    EVs: 252 Sp Defence/252 Attack/4 HP
    Moves
    Hammer Arm
    Thunderpunch/Thunder Fang(You choose)
    Earthquake
    Rock Wrecker

The thing with this build is that it's primarilly make for double battles with ether a Flying type Pokemon or a Pokemon with the Ability Levitate. The Cell battery WILL absorb an electric attack and then amp up Rhyperior's Attack stat, even if the opponent lanches the attack at your other pokemon. The weak point with this is that Rhyperior can't be teamed up with a Pokemon with moves that cause damage to all sides of the field, like surf.

I even came up with something for Rhyhorn

Pre-horned 101
    Ability: Rock Head
    Nature: Brave (+ Attack/-Speed)
    Item's: Eviolite/Life Orb
    EVs: 252 Attack/252 HP/4 Sp Defence
    Moves
    Poison Jab
    Megahorn
    Superpower
    Take Down

Hope you enjoy these till next week...LatOr.
    Take down is always a no-no. Even without recoil, Return has more PP, more power, and more accuracy, and pretty much everything gets Return. Also, Rhydon and Rhypherior should always run STAB. It's STAB moves offer amazing coverage, and you have good enough STAB moves to fill the slots before starting to even remotely consider Poison Jab.

Anyways, Rhypherior is basically what Rhydon was in 3rd gen. Hard hitter on the physical side, defensively powerful on the physical side, but very very slow, and dies to any Surf aimed at its path. The only thing it can do is get in on physically inclined pokémon to cause them to switch, hit the switch in hard with a choiced move, and then get out before you die to Surf, Scald, Giga Drain, or Grass Knot.

I've also seen some pokémon suggest Rock Wrecker. Just don't, it's basically the Rock version of Giga Impact, and there is a reason nobody uses Giga Impact. The turn locked in after use where you can't do anything is destructive. If you come in with Rhypherior, an opponent tends to switch to some bulky counter that can handle your offence, like Swampert. They take the hit, and then you are stuck and forced to take the Scald/Surf coming from Swampert and you are dead.
    Last edited by Sceptile Leaf Blade; 23rd September 2012 at 10:02 PM.
    Master balls are the cheapest thing ever invented. It's more fun catching everything with balls that can fail. 'caught Latios in the wild without master ball ftw'

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast