Thread: Leafgreen: The best fake or just broken?

Default Leafgreen: The best fake or just broken?

Hello, all! Recently I have acquired both Firered and Leafgreen, however I am having troubles with the latter. I've dealt with fake games before, I know just by looking at the cartridge if it's fake, but this is a different case. I wish I could show you pictures, but I can't currently, so I'll try to explain best I can.

What bothers me is that whenever I try to go to the Pal Park, it tells me that the save file is corrupt or something along those lines. I can hear the "Fake!" from my monitors, but let me explain a bit more. Upon booting up Leafgreen, it then tells me that the save corrupted and it resorted to the last save. HOWEVER, it still just goes back to the time I saved last, just with that message. I don't know if this game is just broken (because I've never seen this before) or if it's just the best fake ever. Here's some more details:

-Cartridge color is the non-see through, light green, standard for leaf green
    -Near the pins it says Copyright 2001 Nintendo
    -has the AGB-BPG-USA stamped on the front
    -On the back says the model 002 thing (currently don't have it right now, just know that if it says 004 it's fake) along with the pat. pending from Japan etc.
    - does NOT say "the save file is okay" upon startup.

So, there you are. I've never seen a broken Pokemon game that can't migrate, so I don't know the problem. The Firered is 100% real, so I'm just stumped. Any help or ideas? Worst case scenario I'll dump it off at Game Craze, seeing as how I got it cheap anyways.
    This ferocious beast is stronger then Chuck Norris. Bigger then Godzilla. He will crush you in seconds. He is a beast. That blush? Blood from a baby he ate earlier.

Well, at this point if it is useless for you (can't migrate pokemon), just ditch it. It doesn't matter if it turns out to be fake or legit. Sounds fake to me.
    Maybe the next poster knows how to fix it though.

X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037

Wee... Poison slide at my gym...

Pokegyms Fairy Leader

Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

I personally think that the previous owner might have broken the game and sold it so it would be someone else's problem. Just throw it out. Don't make it someone else's problem, like the last owner did to you.

There might also be a screw up in the coding, most likely someone trying to mod their game the hard way and ended up bugging the game instead. Either way, I would toss it. You'll recoup your losses eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by /b/ board
    What does Cheese Pizza mean?

I have a fake Emerald game and corrupted when I tried to migrate *sigh*... When ye slot it into a GBA console, does the tip of it pokes out? if it does, its totally fake.

That's why i trade the cloned PKMN to my original GBA games to migrate nya~

Quote Originally Posted by TheWaddleDeeKing View Post
    Hello, all! Recently I have acquired both Firered and Leafgreen, however I am having troubles with the latter. I've dealt with fake games before, I know just by looking at the cartridge if it's fake, but this is a different case. I wish I could show you pictures, but I can't currently, so I'll try to explain best I can.

What bothers me is that whenever I try to go to the Pal Park, it tells me that the save file is corrupt or something along those lines. I can hear the "Fake!" from my monitors, but let me explain a bit more. Upon booting up Leafgreen, it then tells me that the save corrupted and it resorted to the last save. HOWEVER, it still just goes back to the time I saved last, just with that message. I don't know if this game is just broken (because I've never seen this before) or if it's just the best fake ever. Here's some more details:

-Cartridge color is the non-see through, light green, standard for leaf green
    -Near the pins it says Copyright 2001 Nintendo
    -has the AGB-BPG-USA stamped on the front
    -On the back says the model 002 thing (currently don't have it right now, just know that if it says 004 it's fake) along with the pat. pending from Japan etc.
    - does NOT say "the save file is okay" upon startup.

So, there you are. I've never seen a broken Pokemon game that can't migrate, so I don't know the problem. The Firered is 100% real, so I'm just stumped. Any help or ideas? Worst case scenario I'll dump it off at Game Craze, seeing as how I got it cheap anyways.
    Hello,

I have been gathering a lot of info throughout the internet to buy pokemon Fire Red and Leaf Green.
    It would be nice to contrast it with your cartridges since you seem to have a fake Leaf Green and an original Fire Red.
    Lets begin with the simple questions:
    Have to ever tried to trade pokemons with your Fire Red?
    If yes, could you please post the info as you did with Leaf Green?

After all the time I spent searching, I hope I get this right. If your Fire Red is original it should be like this:
    1- Cartridge color is red and non-see though (like you said)
    2- Near the pins it should say © 2001 Nintendo with the Nintendo surrounded by an oval. (I am not sure what the following code should be. Mine says AGB-E02-20)
    3- I think you are missing a letter. Should be AGB-BPRE-USA
    4- On the back: AGB-002
    5- I am not sure about the save file thing since my Leaf Green doesn't show it and I am beginning to think is fake...(I just beat the E4, this sucks man...)
    6- Other hints I read would be the label being holographic, some number stamped on its right side like "19A" and the seal of quality to the left of the stamp.

For the Leaf Green should be the same except:
    1- Cartridge color is green
    3- AGB-BPGE-USA

I hope your Fire Red cartridge gives us the info we need.

If anyone reading this has a 100% original game, the info would be much appreciated.

Greeting,

Jose
    Last edited by Joselox; 9th December 2012 at 1:04 PM.

Thread bumped after a few months being dead. Shutting.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)