Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RocketShipping Revived!

This shouldn't be a dub discussion, anyways i'm pro rocketshipping too shame what happened in unova :| ruined everything great about team rocket, but there is more then enough hints in the original series to go off on
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

I'm a rocketshipper, but jamesxmeowth is pretty cool too if that has a name.

Besides James would be the only person who could willingly accept jessie without any smoke and mirrors covering up her nastier side.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie
    I've heard that Team Rocket's characters were really botched up during D/P compared to Advanced Generation and Best Wishes. I'm not entirely sure how botched it was, though, since I mostly heard mixed reviews.
    Last night I watched the first few D/P eps, and I noticed that their appearances were longer and they were much more friendly to eachother compared to AG. But they didn't seem much different, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by (P.O.K.E.M.O.N.)
    shame what happened in unova :| ruined everything great about team rocket, but there is more then enough hints in the original series to go off on
    My question is WHY?! WHY would they just randomly decide to practically write out two of the longest-running characters in the show? They've been there as long as Ash has! But like you said, at least we still have the older eps. I'm hoping they'll bring TR back in the next season, and hopefully they will do like a 3-part saga on how they left TR and started a new life together or something

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared
    I'm a rocketshipper, but jamesxmeowth is pretty cool too if that has a name.

Besides James would be the only person who could willingly accept jessie without any smoke and mirrors covering up her nastier side.
    *backs away slowly* JK. But I don't like any Person w/ Poke shippings. I don't even like AltoShipping. But that's just me.
    That's very true. And she's the only one who accepts him for who he is, and if he marries her she's not going to whip/beat him.......probably.......
    Last edited by RocketToTheMoon; 25th September 2012 at 12:43 PM.
    Friend Safari: Fighting with Meditite, Tyrogue & Sawk.
    3196-3352-8113
    Kanto villains? Why are you here?!
    Because Unova villains are too stupid to take over Unova!
    [IMG]http://i57.*******.com/2a6uxwo.jpg[/IMG]
    Sig made by me, unfortunately.

TR may be written out for the same reasons Misty, Brock, etc were....the show is moving on.

They had a long run of 15 years so if they do leave it's not like they didn't have plenty of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel~ View Post
    OMG really shippy episode, which is "Training Daze" because of THE SCENE.
    YES. That episode. XDDD I always ship them from that episode. Thanks for giving me the title.

Anyway, I think the reason why some people are on and off with Rocketshipping is because like...it's almost so canon to the point where everyone takes it for granted (well at least I did. ^^; ) I'd never really was on the look out for hints because of that. So while it may have some strong followers some people might just see them as a couple and go "meh." I don't know if that makes sense...XDD

am I reading this right? Jessie and James leaving the show? I'm surprised if it's true
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

Quote Originally Posted by FullMetalAlchemist
    am I reading this right? Jessie and James leaving the show? I'm surprised if it's true
    Not exactly, they just have a LOT less screentime than they used to. They used to appear in every episode, and now they appear like, once every 8 eps or something like that. It's a shame, but I think that after all the complaining from fans that the writers will bring them back.
    3196-3352-8113

In my opinion, their characters in DP were improved upon! They've gotten friendlier and a lot of the problems they used to have with one another have smoothed out (Musashi/Jessie isn't as harsh on her team mates, anymore, for example!).

AG, I had issues with, but AG also gave us the Lucario movie where Kojiro/James tried to rescue Musashi from those... "white blood cell"-like defense mechanisms of the Tree. <3 It was so sweet and his voice when he called out her name, despairing, when he couldn't save her was so sad! ;o;

DP gave us that excellent ramen/"break up" episode and that cute episode where Kojiro agrees to crossdress as "Musarina" (Musashi's stage name/Contest disguise xD) and won her a ribbon when she was too sick to compete! And she gave him (and Nyasu, too, I think?) a hug~ ;3;

It was really cute.

In Best Wishes, they've been trying so hard to be model Rockets, I don't think they've allowed themselves to cling to eachother on missions and stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Musapion
    In Best Wishes, they've been trying so hard to be model Rockets, I don't think they've allowed themselves to cling to eachother on missions and stuff...
    They need to fix that Dx

Okay, this is my theory for the next few seasons:

Ash will lose in the Unova league, defeat the next region's league, go back and become the champion of Kanto (or possibly all of the regions), then somehow the whole TR organization will disband and they'll do a several episode mini-saga on what happens to the TRio after that (<3, that's what). What do you guys think?
    3196-3352-8113

Quote Originally Posted by RocketToTheMoon View Post
    They need to fix that Dx

Ash will lose in the Unova league, defeat the next region's league, go back and become the champion of Kanto (or possibly all of the regions), then somehow the whole TR organization will disband and they'll do a several episode mini-saga on what happens to the TRio after that (<3, that's what). What do you guys think?
    ...I SEE WHAT YOU DID THAR. :P
    /caps :P
    That would be nice to see, But like most others I've lost hope of Ash ever winning a league :P I bet they would have a girl and boy and Meowth would be the house pet that the kids torture 8D
    /more of my crazy headcanons
    MMing: Espurr, 90 eggs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Good. You can never understand the mindset of a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by SapphireIris
    That would be nice to see, But like most others I've lost hope of Ash ever winning a league :P I bet they would have a girl and boy and Meowth would be the house pet that the kids torture 8D
    I knew ya would =D
    but the whole point of his journey is fo rhim to become a master, so it is almost definite that he'll become on EVENTUALLY.
    And again, your headcannons hit dead on, cuz I was thinking the same think (except Meowth would torture THEM) ^^
    3196-3352-8113

It would be nice to see Jessie and James start a family after the end of the series, with no more Team Rocket and nothing else left to do it should be the right thing to do.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

Quote Originally Posted by FullMetalAlchemist
    I think James would make a perfect father. He's just so nice and caring.
    3196-3352-8113

I honestly don't think the organization will disband. I mean, has Team Magma and Aqua truly disbanded since Hoenn? I don't know if they have, even though they did see the titans clashing rather dangerously. Just because the anime is pretty much an advertisement for the games doesn't mean it's going to follow the games exactly. I'm pretty sure all the organizations Ash has run into remain in operation, but they chose to go ahead and lie low and become an underground operation. I'm sure this will be the fate of Team Rocket eventually, especially since they have members everywhere.

I can see Jessie and James leaving Team Rocket, however, though I imagine they'd have to be in hiding. Team Rocket seems to have shades of the mafia in it, and so I figure that the only way out of the organization is death, or having to be on the run for the rest of your life, living under a different alias. Could Jessie and James still live happily? Oh yeah, they would just have to be careful not to let down their guards. I think they could get out of hiding once Team Rocket is completely disbanded, or Giovanni dies and the next leader in line pardons them.

Now a mini-saga might be pushing it. One "where are they now" episode would be good enough for me.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Team Rocket seems to have shades of the mafia in it, and so I figure that the only way out of the organization is death, or having to be on the run for the rest of your life, living under a different alias.
    Although Team Rocket is the most infamous crime syndicate in the show, this IS Pokemon we're talking about, so...

Anywho, here's a fun little question: Do you prefer fearhugs or handholds??? Pick your side....
    Last edited by RocketToTheMoon; 29th September 2012 at 3:38 PM.
    3196-3352-8113

Although Team Rocket is the most infamous crime syndicate in the show, this IS Pokemon we're talking about, so...

Anywho, here's a fun little question: Do you prefer fearhugs or handholds??? Pick your side....
    ...I have to choose? D: YOU ARE EVIL AND SADISITIC. Hmm...I like the fearhugs. :3 I find them oddly adorable, but I do like the handholds to :P
    MMing: Espurr, 90 eggs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Good. You can never understand the mindset of a woman.

guilty as charged
    I prefer handholds, actually, since they're more infrequent, and often a result of happiness or bravery.
    3196-3352-8113

Fearhugs, definitely. I don't remember too many hand-holding, and the only one I can think of is from the second movie (then again, it happens sometimes during the motto). But if there was another option available, I'd say their bickering is great as well. They have a lot of bickering, but they're such close friends, they easily let it go, and most of the time they don't apologize about it. Yeah, it sounds a bit odd, but it shows their strong friendship, don't you think? They have a lot of differences, but they put up with each other. That takes dedication.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

But if there was another option available, I'd say their bickering is great as well. They have a lot of bickering, but they're such close friends, they easily let it go, and most of the time they don't apologize about it. Yeah, it sounds a bit odd, but it shows their strong friendship, don't you think? They have a lot of differences, but they put up with each other. That takes dedication.
    Yeah, you do have a point there. They bicker so constantly, like an old married couple (*sigh* if only...).
    3196-3352-8113

Do you prefer fearhugs or handholds???

I think I like the fearhugs...just because I always notice them and they make me laugh. (Yeah I'm a sucker for laughter medicine. XD)

I really hope the series goes into why Jessie and James are so cold...as in like they explicitly say it. Was it because of their promotion, and it is more of a front? We've seen some of the old TR throughout BW..like when James caught Yamask. X3 As well as in the Litwick Mansion...

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac
    I really hope the series goes into why Jessie and James are so cold...as in like they explicitly say it. Was it because of their promotion, and it is more of a front? We've seen some of the old TR throughout BW..like when James caught Yamask. X3 As well as in the Litwick Mansion...
    Ugh, I haven't seen either of those! I'll watch them and review. Was the Litwick one Best Wishes or Rival Destinies?

Maybe...they were threatened? I can't honestly say I could see Giovanni doing that, but it's possible...Maybe he said he'd fire them if they didn;t straighten up?
    3196-3352-8113

They discuss it in the Rocket Radio! It's definitely more of a front. ;3;

And they really do miss their old Pokemon, too, but that's a given...

Quote Originally Posted by Musapion
    They discuss it in the Rocket Radio! It's definitely more of a front. ;3;

And they really do miss their old Pokemon, too, but that's a given...
    I listen to Rocket Radio too! But I don't know Japanese...Could you maybe PM me once a week about what they say? Cuz I have NO clue...

Alrighty, everyone. New topic: Who will say it first??? Yes, you all know what I mean...
    3196-3352-8113

who will say it first??
    I think James will because he's a man and all...
    Or Mabye Jessie will lose her temper and explode or Mabye they will both say it at the same time in unison=]

Omega - 1/1/13

I listened to the TRio Radio for Mamoru Miyano.....XDDD at least that epi was really shippy. I got a kick out of their "Jessie" and "James" in Engrish. XD

Who will say it first???

Meowth jk

I'd like to see James say it first. And aawww I really like the "say it in unison" idea. That's actually perfect for them. X3

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast