Thread: Gamefly?

Default Gamefly?

I was just wondering if anyone else here has used Gamefly to rent a game for a monthly fee rather than pay full price for it in store. Lets just say this is why I am asking:

There are a lot of games out that I want to play but not pay full price for them. So I thought that maybe if I signed up for Gamefly then I would be able to play all the games I want to without having to worry about wasting to much money or having to carry the game around everywhere I go.

So what do you guys think is it worth it to sign up?

Only if you don't want a collection.

It's a great feeling looking at the stash of games you bought build up. That doesn't happen with Gamefly.

^ well you can buy the games from them too but you know

Might as well pick them up from the Library too though, thats how I got into the Tales of Series XD

Quote Originally Posted by arceus7 View Post
    ^ well you can buy the games from them too but you know

Might as well pick them up from the Library too though, thats how I got into the Tales of Series XD
    My library used to do that until some ****** put a fake disk in the game return case and the stupid Liberian didn't notice so they stopped renting out video games until the catch the theif. 2 years passed and they still haven't caught him.

Anyway, I saw a commercial on gamefly and they had Pokemon black2/white2 on it and got me excited for it
    3DS Friendcode: 5198-2496-8383

I've used it for about a year. Definitely worth it. So far this year there have only been like seven games that I seen that were worth buying and most of those were cheap 3DS/Vita games. I use Gamefly for games that I think will be fun but not worth a $60 purchase. Sorcery, Twisted Metal, The Darkness 2, and a few others were good enough games to at least play through once, but they were too short to justify a purchase. Others like Ninja Gaiden 3, Dragon's Dogma, The Amazing Spider-Man and Steel Battalion were given mediocre reviews from critics, but I wanted to try them for myself. Dragon's Dogma and The Amazing Spider-Man ended up being really good IMO. It's good for stuff like that.

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

GameFly is one of those services that seems like a really great idea, and makes you say "Why didn't I think of that?". With that in mind, it's good to remember that not all good ideas are good for all people.The most interesting with Gamefly is that they will automatically send you the next game in your list, once the post office scans you.

i go to gamefly.com all the time for game news but i dont but or rent games from them
    i like Having the games
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Only if you don't want a collection.

It's a great feeling looking at the stash of games you bought build up. That doesn't happen with Gamefly.
    It's the same thing as eBooks, it's hella convenient but I hate reading / playing from a computer when I can use my actual books / games.

I do most of my gaming on PC, so no, and I can barely even use a service like this anyway, since everyone uses CD keys and similar ******** these days anyway.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

I personally don't use it, but I've heard great things about it.
    I have claimed Marcus Fenix
    Quote Originally Posted by MugoUrth View Post
    THE BULLIES ALWAYS WIN!!!
    Last.fm

It's great but extremely overpriced. The games I ordered would always ship about two weeks after I ordered them and returned the other game, which compared to Netflix's three days for movies, is not very good at all.

Gamefly got me into Disgaea,Gears of War,and Tales(to a lesser extent).It's great if you wanna try something new,but don't wanna buy it because you're afraid you won't like it.Problem is that it's slow as all h*ll a lot of times.

Depends on where you live. They have...lacking numbers of distribution centers, and last time I had them, I went for weeks waiting for a couple days trip, it was getting lost in the mail and whatnot. Don't just do it because you're expecting Netflix for games.