Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Higurashi

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight Absol View Post
    how can you describe     Spoiler:- .:
    There is just as much supernatural unexplainities in Umineko; the witches, the magic, all true, despite Battler's attempt to declare it false. Higanbana will most positively develop a plot twist to prove the mysteries all science and fact.
    Well, even though Higurashi did have supernatural elements it only served to help the reader discover the truth behind the mystery. Umineko is similar, except     Spoiler:- Major Episode 8 spoilers:

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    *throws in prison cell* Don't get too comfortable. >8D
    NOOOOOO!!!!

Ahh, I can't really remember. One I do remember somewhat is he thinks that Keiichi makes wishes, and every time he does, people die, when that was only for one arc. Of course, this was something I actually thought of when I first saw the series, at least with Curse Killing arc. I actually thought he was the curse himself.

I wonder if Yen Press is going to combine two volumes for Festival Accompanying into one volume like they did with Massacre arc. Also makes me wonder why they did this, but I think it's to get to the answer/action faster, like I mentioned on the first page. Still, it was a surprise to have it be twice as big as I thought it'd be. I actually had to look up the chapters online to make sure I didn't make a mistake with my purchase XD.
    Isn't the Festival Accompanying Arc the finale? In the series, anyways. Not in OVAs. I think this one has to do with Takano's past, but I can't be sure. But I remember some Miyo Takano, a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFlame View Post
    Well, even though Higurashi did have supernatural elements it only served to help the reader discover the truth behind the mystery. Umineko is similar, except     Spoiler:- Major Episode 8 spoilers:
    I thought Umineko was     Spoiler:- the one already made:

Kolkolkolkolkol...
    Jesus loved us and he even died for our sake. Always remember that God loves you no matter who you are.†
    Proud fan of Umineko no Naku Koro ni and Higurashi no Naku Koro ni

Spoiler:- Credit:

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Bulbasaur View Post
    NOOOOOO!!!!
    *evil laugh*

Isn't the Festival Accompanying Arc the finale? In the series, anyways. Not in OVAs. I think this one has to do with Takano's past, but I can't be sure. But I remember some Miyo Takano, a lot.
    Yup, it's the finale. Though if you wanted to go include Matsuri, then Canal Drying Arc is considered by some people to be a more suitable end. I'm not going to give details here. If you wish to look it up, go ahead. Just be warned that you might not be happy with what you find out.

My brother watched Eye-Opening arc over the weekend and lived. He is an awesome kid, and he looks forward to the rest of Higurashi, though he's not that pleased he'll have to resort to reading subtitles for the second season, as much as I've tried to explain it to him.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

I still can't believe how Higurashi can be like Yu-Gi-Oh in terms of friendship after Rena's speech in the Massacre Arc about how she (subconciously) learned from her mistakes in the Atonement Arc. Hell, in that arc, I still can't believe Keiichi and co. when confronting Rena in the act.

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    I still can't believe how Higurashi can be like Yu-Gi-Oh in terms of friendship after Rena's speech in the Massacre Arc about how she (subconciously) learned from her mistakes in the Atonement Arc. Hell, in that arc, I still can't believe Keiichi and co. when confronting Rena in the act.
    Higurashi is one of my favorite animes for that exact reason. It found a way to profoundly mix such a dark storyline with such a sweet theme. It mimics real life very well in an odd way, because there is light within the dark and dark withing the light, with one not always contrasting the other.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ Why Alder is my favorite champion.

Um... the 4KIDS dub of Yu-Gi-Oh heavily emphasized on friendship than the original did (though it still exists). 4KIDS was just really bad about it.

I don't see it this way in Higurashi, because that is intentionally one of its main themes outside of the fact you can change fate through sheer will. The reason why the tragedies were happening in the first place is because they weren't opening up to each other where their families failed. There's a good point about Rena mentioning how she went to Mion about her thoughts, because she trusted her. If Rena didn't, the Atonement arc would've happened again, albeit possibly slightly different. She decided to choose a safer future for herself, and thus, she didn't commit murder for that particular world.

*light bulb*

Le gasp! I just came to the realization that the Curse Killing arc happened because Rena didn't take it into her own hands! Rina was tortured by the Sonozakis, which is why Teppei came back to Hinamizawa! And of course, the Curse Killing arc happened because Keiichi tried to take it into his own hands instead of fighting against the government!

Sweetness!
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

*light bulb*

Le gasp! I just came to the realization that the Curse Killing arc happened because Rena didn't take it into her own hands! Rina was tortured by the Sonozakis, which is why Teppei came back to Hinamizawa! And of course, the Curse Killing arc happened because Keiichi tried to take it into his own hands instead of fighting against the government!

Sweetness!
    Oh wow, that's pretty cool!

....But wait, in the worlds where Rena doesn't take any action, why didn't Teppei show up during the Demoned Away, Cotton Drifting, and Eye Opening chapters then? Unless...O_O

Renaaaaaaaaaaa!!!
    Last edited by Kimchu; 19th November 2012 at 3:45 AM.

Um... the 4KIDS dub of Yu-Gi-Oh heavily emphasized on friendship than the original did (though it still exists). 4KIDS was just really bad about it.

I don't see it this way in Higurashi, because that is intentionally one of its main themes outside of the fact you can change fate through sheer will. The reason why the tragedies were happening in the first place is because they weren't opening up to each other where their families failed.
    Maybe not to that extend but it's still amazing how the light and the dark blend together.

*light bulb*

Sweetness!
    Wait...I think you just lost me there. >_<

Kolkolkolkolkol...
    Jesus loved us and he even died for our sake. Always remember that God loves you no matter who you are.†
    Proud fan of Umineko no Naku Koro ni and Higurashi no Naku Koro ni

Spoiler:- Credit:

*light bulb*

Sweetness!
    Are you trying to say that Rena HAS to be THE one to take matters in her own hands, and Keiichi can't because...reasons? Because, if Rena HAD taken matters in her own hands...*thinks* I think it still would've ended up the same way. Besides, the tragedy to unavoidable, and it takes a miracle to fight it or a different world.

Spoiler:- Some Things:

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight Absol View Post
    Are you trying to say that Rena HAS to be THE one to take matters in her own hands, and Keiichi can't because...reasons? Because, if Rena HAD taken matters in her own hands...*thinks* I think it still would've ended up the same way. Besides, the tragedy to unavoidable, and it takes a miracle to fight it or a different world.
    Well, unless Teppei was done away with or something, it's possible the Curse-Killing and Atonement arcs kinda interlink because Rina is the catalyst. In fact, I'm pretty sure all of the worlds can be connected outside of the X, Y, and Z rules. There has to always be a catalyst for triggering the fate of a world. That was just the connection I thought up of after watching the Atonement arc with my brother.

Speaking of which, we'll be watching the Massacre arc this week 8). I just hope he hasn't run into anymore spoilers until then. (He's been looking up various AMVs, and has watched a couple of Higurashi ones.)
    I survived Pupa.

I got Umineko.

Well, unless Teppei was done away with or something, it's possible the Curse-Killing and Atonement arcs kinda interlink because Rina is the catalyst. In fact, I'm pretty sure all of the worlds can be connected outside of the X, Y, and Z rules. There has to always be a catalyst for triggering the fate of a world. That was just the connection I thought up of after watching the Atonement arc with my brother.
        Spoiler:- Is this even a spoiler?:

I got Umineko.
    Be prepared for the gore and mind-crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight Amaryllis View Post
    Be prepared for the gore and mind-crap.
    Please, I'm a huge fan of Higurashi. Bring. it. ON!

It never seemed that way to me...I mean, the Curse-Killing arc was created because Teppei came for Satoko. On the other other hand, the Atonement arc is created when Teppei with Rina. So, in sense, shouldn't Teppei be the one interlinking and triggering?
    Not considering it a spoiler.

Well...

Spoiler:- THIS is a spoiler:

Please, I'm a huge fan of Higurashi. Bring. it. ON!
    And then a week later, we'll discover you cowering in a corner staring at nothing in particular as you mutter to yourself about witches and creepy little girls.
    I survived Pupa.

So when's part 2 of the Massacre Arc coming out?

Well...

Spoiler:- Well, I"ll be...:

So when's part 2 of the Massacre Arc coming out?
    Last I checked, I think maybe in the spring of 2013. Sorry, bro.

Spoiler:- Well, I"ll be...:
    True. Still, she did get involved and saved Satoko. It took as long as it did because the government was stalling. I think they jumped on the issue within a couple of days when they learned Teppei return.

Spoiler:- spoiler:

Last I checked, I think maybe in the spring of 2013. Sorry, bro.
    WRONG

Massacre Arc volume 2 should be out on December 11, on Amazon, anyway. Massacre Arc volume 3 will be out in March.
    I survived Pupa.

True. Still, she did get involved and saved Satoko. It took as long as it did because the government was stalling. I think they jumped on the issue within a couple of days when they learned Teppei return.

Spoiler:- spoiler:
    Makes sense.

WRONG

Massacre Arc volume 2 should be out on December 11, on Amazon, anyway. Massacre Arc volume 3 will be out in March.
    *smacks self* Whoops, sorry about that. I must have confused it for something else.

*smacks self* Whoops, sorry about that. I must have confused it for something else.
    It's okay. As long as Yen Press stays on schedule, everything's fine and dandy.

I'm trying to exactly remember but...

Spoiler:- huge spoiler:
    I survived Pupa.

I'm trying to exactly remember but...

Spoiler:- huge spoiler:
        Spoiler:- Indeed:

Spoiler:- Indeed:
        Spoiler:- Oh yes, spoiler.:
    I survived Pupa.

Spoiler:- Oh yes, spoiler.:
        Spoiler:- SPOILER:

Well...

Spoiler:- :

SHINY RAINBOWS BECKON YOU TO THE ARTIST'S CORNER

Trainer Name: Misha
    3DS FC: 5112-3720-5938
    Friend Safari: Fighting; Pancham, Machoke, Hariyama

Just finished Umineko Vol 1. So far, so great. As far as Yanderes go, Maria's in my Top 5 as of now.

Too bad about Shannon...

Mind if I make this an Umineko thread too?

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast