Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Diamond Battle Tower

Default Pokemon Diamond Battle Tower

Hi everyone,
    I'm playing pokemon diamond and I am trying to take on the Battle Tower.
    I just wanted to know if anyone has any advice for a good team. If so can I know what natures they should be, what their IV's and EV's should be in and any extra tips. I would also like to know what streaks people have got to and what pokemon they used to get them?
    This is what I have been planning to use at the moment....

Umbreon@lum berry
    Special ability-Synchronize
    Nature-Impish
    Moves-Screech, Payback, Double team, Rest
    Ev's-HP:36 Defence:252 Sp.Defence:220

Dusknoir@Chesto Berry
    Special ability-Pressure
    Nature-Careful
    Moves-Toxic, Will o Wisp, Double team, Rest
    Ev's-HP:130 Defence:252 Sp.Defence:128

Tyranitar@Expert Belt
    Special ability-Sand Stream
    Nature-Adamant
    Moves-Aerial ace, Earthquake, Brick break, Crunch
    Ev's-Attack:252 Defence:88 Sp.Defence:188
    Last edited by Prof.Oak; 6th September 2012 at 8:32 PM.

Natures, IV'S and EV'S should be the same considering you would be battling tough opponents with unbelievable movesets.

I got up to a streak of 39 once with Weavile,Infernape, and Dusknoir. After that I never used the tower again because I lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellie
    oh you'll get them. ill just do them drunk so they're all changed to fdhjgddfghhgrfc and ejeshkgfcbmjh

i got a level 54 streak with my lvl 63 Rhydon, my lvl 59 Blastoise, and my lvl 53 Infernape. I think your team is good, but Can i ask you 3 things? 1. what is umbreon gonna be used for; speed, strength, sp.atk, atk? Is salamance a MixedMance combo, or just a regular attack mance, and 3, what are there movesets? i think that you should decide on either Dusknoir or Umbreon, as two of a similar type will not be succesful. i reccomend umbreon, as dark is super-effective to any elemental types such as ghost and pyshic, it can learn a range of moves, and it has a really good base speed stat, for evading and outwitting foes. i hope this helped, please take the time to look at my thread, under the 4th Gen heading: In-Game Team Rate. its called Pokemon Heartgold wi-fi battle team, please advise!!!

thanks again, hope i helped,

your friendly neighbourhood Donut
    Hey guys, please sign up to my RPG The Archetype, we need more members!

Spoiler:- text:

I am a proud member of Join the fight.
    Credit goes to Avenger Angel for making the RP's awesome banner. Thanks Bron and Neo for the awesome RP

Default My Team

Right okay here is my the team I am using at the moment:-

Umbreon@lum berry
    Nature-Impish

Dusknoir@Chesto Berry
    Special ability-Pressure
    Nature-Careful

Tyranitar@Expert Belt
    Nature-Adamant

Just want some ideas and opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by Prof.Oak View Post
    Right okay here is my the team I am using at the moment:-

Umbreon@lum berry
    Nature-Impish

Dusknoir@Chesto Berry
    Special ability-Pressure
    Nature-Careful

Tyranitar@Expert Belt
    Nature-Adamant

Just want some ideas and opinions?
    One thing about Dusknoir; you should get rid of double team for protect, and give it a berry to heal from sleep once rest is used.

oh you'll get them. ill just do them drunk so they're all changed to fdhjgddfghhgrfc and ejeshkgfcbmjh

Why do you think I should change Double team for Protect?

Quote Originally Posted by Prof.Oak View Post
    Why do you think I should change Double team for Protect?
    So that you can allow toxic to set in.

And if you have leftovers that would be even better.

no, i think that you should lose double team, and maybe swap it for an offensive move. if you really want the lowering foes accuracy/ raising your dusknoirs evasiveness, then go for a low scoring offensive move such as mud bomb, which lowers foe accuracy, but personally i would abandon that attempt. i think that maybe you should invest in shadow-sneak, Shadow Claw, or dark pulse. my ideal moveset would be: Dusknoir @ Life Orb: WIll-o-wisp, Shadow Sneak, Dark Pulse and REst, and swap Umbreon's screech for Toxic (if your still planning to use it after looking at my previous comment) if you need any more advice, PM me and ill set up a thread for our disscussion in the heading "Pokemon Games - 4th generation" and put it in In-Game Team Rate

Credit goes to Avenger Angel for making the RP's awesome banner. Thanks Bron and Neo for the awesome RP

Cheers Guys I will take it all into account

Quote Originally Posted by BritishWeavile View Post
    Natures, IV'S and EV'S should be the same considering you would be battling tough opponents with unbelievable movesets.

I got up to a streak of 39 once with Weavile,Infernape, and Dusknoir. After that I never used the tower again because I lost.
    LoL

Umbreon would do better with Curse / Payback / Toxic / Wish.

my ideal umbreon moveset would be: Payback, Toxic, Wish, and Fire-Fang. Payback would be it's trademark move, Wish to heal, toxic to stall, and Fire-Fand for pesky Pyshic/steel types, such as bronzong and Metagross. its also good to have the fire move to spread your net wide. personally, i would think about a secondary umbreon that knows thunderbolt, Wish, Payback and grass knot, as that would be another way to tip the scales.

Quote Originally Posted by THEIRONDONUT View Post
    my ideal umbreon moveset would be: Payback, Toxic, Wish, and Fire-Fang. Payback would be it's trademark move, Wish to heal, toxic to stall, and Fire-Fand for pesky Pyshic/steel types, such as bronzong and Metagross. its also good to have the fire move to spread your net wide. personally, i would think about a secondary umbreon that knows thunderbolt, Wish, Payback and grass knot, as that would be another way to tip the scales.
    Without Curse Umbreon can't hit very hard and could proably be 2HKO'd by a Physical Fighting Move even with EV Investement. Payback hits really hard with Curse , so Curse is more ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Sensai View Post
    Without Curse Umbreon can't hit very hard and could proably be 2HKO'd by a Physical Fighting Move even with EV Investement. Payback hits really hard with Curse , so Curse is more ideal.
    which is why, if it came up against a fighting type, he would switch to Dusknoir to take the hit, since fighting isnt effective at all

Yeah, that would be my battle strategy, then if a Ghost or Dark type Pokemon came out, I would switch to my Tyranitar.

which is why, if it came up against a fighting type, he would switch to Dusknoir to take the hit, since fighting isnt effective at all
    You guys don't get it ; switching into a Fighting Type Move won't always work as the AI might be using something else. Curse is much better. Fire Fang is **** without a Stat Boosting Move in Umbreon's case. Payback is better by miles anyways. Payback can usually 2HKO a Fighting Type at +3 , since it lowers Speed and raises Attack , which meands it's like getting a +2 for Payback if it goes last.

And btw Tyranitar sucks in this team. Sandstorm damaging all members except for it's self , not good.

Hey Professor Oak!
    I agree that Tyranitar isn't good for this team. It's a good pokemon for sure (I obviously think so), but it's not worth damaging your own pokemon with sandstorm.
    I would recommend one of these 2:

Starmie @ Life Orb
    Ability: Natural Cure
    EVs: 255 SpAtk / 255 Spd
    Nature: Calm
    -Surf
    -Thunderbolt
    -Ice Beam
    -Recover

Or

Dragonite @ Life Orb
    Ability: Inner Focus
    EVs: I don't know exactly how you want to spread it, but put most in attack and speed, and a little in HP
    Nature: Jolly
    -Dragon Dance
    -Roost
    -Outrage/Dragon Claw
    -Fire Punch

Quote Originally Posted by EvilTyranitar View Post
    Hey Professor Oak!
    I agree that Tyranitar isn't good for this team. It's a good pokemon for sure (I obviously think so), but it's not worth damaging your own pokemon with sandstorm.
    I would recommend one of these 2:

Starmie @ Life Orb
    EVs: 255 SpAtk / 255 Spd
    Nature: Calm
    -Surf
    -Thunderbolt
    -Ice Beam
    -Recover

Or

Dragonite @ Life Orb
    Ability: Inner Focus
    EVs: I don't know exactly how you want to spread it, but put most in attack and speed, and a little in HP
    Nature: Jolly
    -Dragon Dance
    -Roost
    -Outrage/Dragon Claw
    -Fire Punch
    Just a side note. 4 isn't a muliple of 255 , so you're wasting 4 EV's which should be dumped into HP. And Timid is always better on Starmie.

In most cases Earthquake works better than Fire Punch unless we're talking Heatproof Bronzong. Either way , you'll get walled by one of them anyways.
    Last edited by Aura Sensei™; 10th September 2012 at 11:33 PM.

I chose tyranitar to back up my dusknoir. dusknoir is susceptible to both dark and ghost type moves, whilst tyranitar is resistant to both of these types and can take out a ghost type quickly with a STABed crunch or a dark type with brick break. tyranitar is designed to come out only once my other pokemon have fainted, he can take hits whilst still being capable of dealing massive damage. starmie, like dusknoir, is likely to get OHKOed by a STABed ghost type move, whilst dragonite lacks the movepool and stats in the right areas of tyranitar.
    Anybody have event pokemon to trade??

What I need-
    Jirachi
    Deoxys
    Manaphy
    Shaymin
    Mew

What I have to offer-
    Lv.100 Darkrai
    Lv.100 Mewtwo
    Lv.100 Raquaza
    Lv.50 Celebi
    Lv.100 Registeel

And much more, if you want another pokemon, add me as a friend or send me a visitors message and i will see what I have got.

To be honest, i would Recommend an entirely new team. i think that the team you currently have lacks enough support regarding abilities and types. because i know other pokemon you have, i would suggest you re-breed some of them and create this team:

Swampert @ Sitrus Berry
    Ability: Torrent
    Lonely Nature
    EV's: 168 Attack/ 168 Sp.Atk/ 168 Speed

Earthquake
    Hydro Pump
    Ice Beam
    Agility

Salamance @ Sitrus Berry
    Ability: Intimidate
    Hasty Nature
    EV's: 202 Attack/ 202 SP.Atk/ 100 Speed

Earthquake
    Draco Meteor
    Flamethrower
    Crunch

Blissey @ Leftovers
    Impish Nature
    EV's: 252 HP/ 126 Defense/ 126 SP.Def

Toxic
    Wish
    Softboiled
    Psychic (better than seismic toss as it can kill off fighting as well)

If you would like a more diverse team and want to swap one of them for a more defensive pokemon, the try this:

Togekiss @ Leftovers
    Ability: Serene Grace/ Natural Cure (preferably natural cure, but im not sure if it can get that)
    Calm Nature
    EV's: 168 HP/ 168 Defense/ 168 Sp.Def

Air Slash
    Thunder Wave
    Softboiled
    Wish/ Aura Sphere

you would use wish if you were replacing Blissey, but if not then use it as a great wall, and give it aura sphere. im not sure about its specific role, as its not a tank as it can't deliver hits, yet its not a proper wall as it does status effect them. its not a cleric either, (unless it knows wish) so i'd go with the paraflinch set (credit to EvilTyranitar for showing me the paraflinch combo first)

I agree 100% with the all-knowing donut!
    Except have blissey's nature be bold, not impish. Impish will decrease special attack which will weaken its psychic.

First of all I wouldn't use Blissey as my tank mostly because he would be one hit KOed by any physical fighting type move and any physical STAB bonus move, and what would togekiss be used for?
    Anybody have event pokemon to trade??

What I need-
    Jirachi
    Deoxys
    Manaphy
    Shaymin
    Mew

What I have to offer-
    Lv.100 Darkrai
    Lv.100 Mewtwo
    Lv.100 Raquaza
    Lv.50 Celebi
    Lv.100 Registeel

And much more, if you want another pokemon, add me as a friend or send me a visitors message and i will see what I have got.

The key with blissey is to have something else that can take care of a fighting type that may come up. Blissey is meant to be a special wall.
    And togekiss should run a paraflinch set.

Togekiss @ King's Rock
    Ability: Serene Grace
    EVs: 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
    Nature: Timid
    -Thunder Wave
    -Air Slash
    -Roost
    -Aura Sphere

Thunder wave and air slash are the 2 important moves here. First, use thunder wave to paralyze the opponent. Then spam air slash. With paralysis, serene grace, king's rock, and air slash's flinch rate, the chances of your opponent getting an attack off are pretty slim.

Seismic Toss is almos talways better on Blissey. Unless Psychic is hitting a Fighting Type , it won't do as much as ST.

I agree with the moveset for Togekiss , however use 44 HP EV's. Once you use Thunder Wave you'll almost always be outspeeding them anyways.

the whole reason i gave it psychic was so it could COUNTER fighting, and beside if you had Togekiss as your wall instead/with, you would be able to run that particular play anyway

the whole reason i gave it psychic was so it could COUNTER fighting, and beside if you had Togekiss as your wall instead/with, you would be able to run that particular play anyway
    You realize that Psychic will never OHKO something , right? Blissey's Special Attack is crap. Seismic Toss will always be better since anyone with knowledge of Pokemon would't even use Blissey against a Fighting Type , and since the OP has a Togekiss , he could just use that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast