Thread: Little Busters!

And more common route down.

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    You're talking about Kengo?
    Yes.

Spoiler:- Speaking of Kengo:
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

It seems that they will show Kurugaya's route on the next season.
    THIS IS A SIGNATURE

I recommend that the people who have never read the VN yet to halt the anime-watching and get into that.

It's an OK anime by itself and a treat to those who read the VN to see it finally animated, but now that my friends and I have gotten into the visual novel the whole way through, we've pretty much concluded that the logic and structure of the story will not translate well over to an anime format, or at least some character routes like Kurugaya will be majorly screwed over. And then there's the problem of how they're going to handle Refrain. Probably best for people to read the VN before watching the anime to get a better experience with the story. It's an amazing story and experience, and I do hope some of you out there don't water it down for yourselves.

As Kyousuke would put it, I've given you your assignments. Mission start!
    Last edited by Satoshi; 20th January 2013 at 3:29 AM.
    Tales of REDPLICAAAAAA!
    Anime Blog [x] Art [0] Bishoujou [0] BMGf [x] LiveJournal [x] Eggbear! [x] Credit [n/a]
    .UVERworld。

I see they changed the opening around a bit.

Yay for harems!

My 3DS FC: 3351-4281-5654. Message me if you want to fight in Smash or something.

Haven't been THAT jealous of a main character in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi View Post
    I recommend that the people who have never read the VN yet to halt the anime-watching and get into that.

It's an OK anime by itself and a treat to those who read the VN to see it finally animated, but now that my friends and I have gotten into the visual novel the whole way through, we've pretty much concluded that the logic and structure of the story will not translate well over to an anime format, or at least some character routes like Kurugaya will be majorly screwed over. And then there's the problem of how they're going to handle Refrain. Probably best for people to read the VN before watching the anime to get a better experience with the story. It's an amazing story and experience, and I do hope some of you out there don't water it down for yourselves.

As Kyousuke would put it, I've given you your assignments. Mission start!
    Considered. I've never played through a VN before so would this be a good one to start? Wouldn't I need to go through it multiple times for each characters story? How many hours would that clock in at?

Considered. I've never played through a VN before so would this be a good one to start? Wouldn't I need to go through it multiple times for each characters story? How many hours would that clock in at?
    I've never played the VN, but if what this says is true, it'll take about 50 hours to go through the whole thing.

My 3DS FC: 3351-4281-5654. Message me if you want to fight in Smash or something.

Haven't been THAT jealous of a main character in a long time.
    I know, right? What I wouldn't give to be in a love triangle with Masato and Kyousuke...
    Done here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonetail View Post
    I've never played the VN, but if what this says is true, it'll take about 50 hours to go through the whole thing.
    I guess I'll do it later maybe, don't have that kind of time now with school and all.

Quote Originally Posted by themightydoof View Post
    I know, right? What I wouldn't give to be in a love triangle with Masato and Kyousuke...
    Lucky bastard.

wait what

If you Youtube a playthrough and read a few topics on the game to fill in the gaps if could cut the time down massively.

While a great game, if you aren't already convinced to d/l it it'd be best to do the above. Honestly setting this game was a total *****. First I got a torrent that didn't even work and only had the video files. Then I had to d/l it in parts(I think 12) which took like 7 hours then the patch for English and then switching my laptop to Japanese mode to run the game then sorting the files...

Yeah, the setup can suck. Worth it though if your really interested.

Most people start out with things a tad lighter (but still feel-y) like Da Capo II. Though a few of my friends started their visual novel spree with Little Busters! and ended up enjoying it. Key feels are pretty huge for a first VN, but good if you want to start big. Honestly, finishing up the visual novel takes as long as finishing a two-cour anime series without the condensation of an adaptation, that's the best way I can describe it.

That said, going though multiple routes isn't much of a hassle since you're allow to skip through text you've already read in the common route. Without mentioning spoilers, all of the routes culminate in Refrain and Riki's development, which the anime would most likely have to alter entirely as some of the characters' stories would require them to pull a Tomoyo/Kyou OVA for the anime. It's for this reason that I believe that watching the anime will downplay the experience. The logic around Clannad story's sort of worked for the adaptation despite the ending coming off as a cheap reset, but the logic of the plot of Little Busters! prevents it from being carried over to the anime. It requires all of the characters' stories to happen in a "reset" sequence which only works in a VN format.

Downloading and setting up the English patch does tend to be a hassle for some people, though I had no problems. If you're truly interested, you could hit me up by PM for help and links.
    Last edited by Satoshi; 21st January 2013 at 12:51 AM.
    Tales of REDPLICAAAAAA!
    Anime Blog [x] Art [0] Bishoujou [0] BMGf [x] LiveJournal [x] Eggbear! [x] Credit [n/a]
    .UVERworld。

Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi View Post
    The logic around Clannad story's sort of worked for the adaptation despite the ending coming off as a cheap reset, but the logic of the plot of Little Busters! prevents it from being carried over to the anime. It requires all of the characters' stories to happen in a "reset" sequence which only works in a VN format.
    This is why I wanted them to with a modified omnibus format, the only things carrying over would be Riki and Rin subconsciously keeping all their experiences from the other girls' routes and multiple common routes.

Kud and Kurugaya's routes will suffer the most if you ask me, the resolution of Kud's route kind of relies upon Riki and Kud being in a romantic relationship, then there is Kurugaya who's route continues past Refrain, but we will likely never see it since it will end with Riki x Rin.
    Last edited by Jolteon91; 21st January 2013 at 5:08 AM.
    My Anime List

HOLY CRAP I DIDN'T SEE THAT ENDING COMING!

Whhhhooooooaaaaaaa

Seriously though, that's not something that deserves a dramatic reveal. This episode was fine, I'm not much of a fan of Haruka to begin with but whatever. Her arc seems to have dived into high drama right away.

As this moves along more and more, I'm beginning to think we won't be seeing anything to do with the baseball game until the second season. I usually refer to it as the "hinted at second season", or something similar, but considering we have 9 episodes left there is 100% no way for them to fit the rest of Haruka, Kud, Kurugaya and Rin 1 + 2 in, considering they'd take atleast 3 episodes each, ideally a few more for Rin. That is of course without any common route coming into play, and then the major payoff in Refrain.

HOLY CRAP I DIDN'T SEE THAT ENDING COMING!

Whhhhooooooaaaaaaa

Seriously though, that's not something that deserves a dramatic reveal. This episode was fine, I'm not much of a fan of Haruka to begin with but whatever. Her arc seems to have dived into high drama right away.
    Yeah, they didn't try too hard to hide the fact they were twins.
    My Anime List

lol bench tragedy

lol bigamy

lol obvious twist

On a more serious note, are disciplinary committees really a thing in Japanese schools? It seems a little far-fetched that they'd put power over discipline in the hands of students. And even more so that they'd put it in the hands of someone who's essentially waiting to grow up to be Inspector Javert.
    Done here.

Little Busters should of just pulled a Amagami and knocked each character's routes out then reset till Rin.

Quote Originally Posted by themightydoof View Post
    On a more serious note, are disciplinary committees really a thing in Japanese schools? It seems a little far-fetched that they'd put power over discipline in the hands of students. And even more so that they'd put it in the hands of someone who's essentially waiting to grow up to be Inspector Javert.
    THAT'S what I was forgetting to mention!

The student council having that much power! What gives? Where are the teachers? Are we in Angel Beats?

THAT'S what I was forgetting to mention!

The student council having that much power! What gives? Where are the teachers? Are we in Angel Beats?
    This is from the University of Tokyo, it seems like they do have some power. It is obviously greatly exaggerated in anime/manga/VNs/LNs though. KoiChoco comes to mind for ridiculously overpowered student councils.

And of course in the case of Little Busters! it is to make Kanata look like a massive *****.
    My Anime List

They did a nice execution on this episode but I hope they will give us the rain scene

They just kept laying the drama down on that episode, didn't they?

Saigusa is bad, and that's good. She will never be good, and that's not bad. There's no-one she'd rather be than her.

The above is a good chunk of my thoughts during this week's episode. That and "DNA testing? No? Well, whatever floats your boat. Just use guesswork that's fine I mean I presume DNA testing must exist in this universe otherwise not even the parents would know who's who but okay just do whatever you want."
    Done here.

Wow, what a crazy episode. I really enjoyed how that arc ended. Keep it coming!

I think J.C. Staff handled Haruka's route as good as they possibly could have considering they only gave it three episodes. I wish they didn't change the rain scene though, I felt like it really lessened the impact of just how much Haruka hated Kanata at that point, going from trying to stab her with a pair of scissors to a few measly hits is a massive difference. They really should have given Haruka five, or even five episodes.

Also saw this gif, and although I personally think J.C. Staff have done an okay job up to this point, it still made me laugh.
    Last edited by Jolteon91; 10th February 2013 at 5:33 PM.
    My Anime List

This felt less realistic to me than the conclusion of Mio's arc and that's saying something. Mostly because of how unreasonably cruel their families were to them. There's a point where family issues go from "they just don't understand each other" to a Cinderella-type situation to straight-up going to kill a little girl for something her dad did. Plus in the end I found Haruka's sister much more interesting than her.

This episode almost had me emotionally invested too. If they had just stuck with having Kanata beaten instead of "her family was about to kill Haruka and this bag of puppies" I probably would have enjoyed the resolution more (which was still nice).

Haruka: "It's nobody's fault."

Me: "Except, you know, that abusive family. Who threatened to kill you. You can call the police now. I mean it, call them. Goddammit why do they never call the police in these shows?"
    Done here.

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast