Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did you ever trade/battle in Gen I?

Default Did you ever trade/battle in Gen I?

Before getting my cable, I've only ever traded once when I was in school. I can't remember what it was for, but I know I got an oddish out of it. My universal link cable came through the post today and I've been using it to trade between my gen 1 and 2 games.

☆ Maya Fey: Ace Pokemon Trainer
    Carry On, BlisseyThe Other King☆
    Advancers Tumblr
    Banner by Sworn Metalhead at Dćdric Design ✠

I never did traded in Gen I, could never find a cable D:

Fc: 3695-0172-1881

Spoiler:- Credits:

I traded when it was necessary, like when I had to evolve a Pokemon that evolved through trade, get a Pokemon to one game that was exclusive to another, or just trading from one game to another just to get a certain Pokemon to another game.
    I'm not the one you need, but I'll be there to guide you
    I'll show the world to you, and everything I've been through

A broken mind, a battered song, a spark of magic won't keep you strong
    But maybe it's been in you all along

My first friend that lived in my apartment complex had a link cable. I think we only traded twice Gen 1 to Gen 1, but we traded a lot of Gen 1 to Gen 2.
    Last edited by Master Leo; 25th September 2012 at 9:21 PM.
    The Graceful Assassin

Oh yes, I've traded quite a bit in the first generation. Half of it happened with a neighbor, half of it with my brothers. Well... trading was more with the neighbor, and battling happened with my brothers. I don't remember using the cable at school at all, and trading with my other friends didn't happen until Generation II.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

I've traded exactly one time, between my Yellow and Gold. I did this just this year.

I did not trade when I was younger because I didn't own any link cables. By the time I got one, I was more focused on the Gen III games.

Through a link cable, a few times when the game was released and it was semi-popular. But it was just a fad to the other people who bought it, and never lasted long with them. Most of the battling I did was through PBS (Pokemon Battle Simulator) on Azure Heights.

Banner Count: 12

I almost bought the cable in the past. I didn't do it, only my friend n I who played pokemon and he moved :/

X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037
    The Trinity League Poison Apprentice Master League Shadow Stars League Poison Leader
    PokeGyms Fairy Leader

Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by thetifftiff
    Amount of real life time doesn't mean much when it comes to shiny hunting though.

I tested my link cable on my english blue and japanese green. After watching a video about it, I decided to try it out for myself. I moved all my important pokemon to yellow and crystal. It's very glitchy, I'll tell you that. After many cases of trial and error, I ended up with a glitchy nidoran, skyther and lapras. My green save file deleted itself eventually. The missingos/glitchy pokemon won't trade on gen 2 games btw.

I thought it was quite fun and interesting. Although I won't use the cable on green until I have a japanese game to trade with.

☆ Maya Fey: Ace Pokemon Trainer
    Carry On, BlisseyThe Other King☆
    Advancers Tumblr
    Banner by Sworn Metalhead at Dćdric Design ✠

I got a yellow and a blue in the mail yesterday, and the link cable I bought came in today, I planed on trading a meowth from blue to yellow but the cable won't fit into my GBA SP, I was told that you need an original gameboy cable except that won't work.
    Can someone Please help me.

Nope, never traded with my Gameboy, always wanted to though. Could never find a link cable..
    [img]http://oi52.*******.com/x0zrbb.jpg[/img]
    ~Have a Lovely day, an don't forget to be Victorious!~

I was too young to understand all of this cable stuff, but I did battle once with my cousin. He had the cables and we pretty much had no idea what we were doing.

xxx

No cable, no trading.

I did get a Game Boy Advanced Cable. I tried to trade from Blue to Crystal on the GBA, but alas, Nintendo changed the cable standards, so it didn't work.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†

If I recall, it was too much trouble and no one I knew was into it when I was playing. So I never traded or battled.

Wat. Cables weren't that hard to get...I have like 3 lying around. Traded and battled quite a bit with friends when I was young.

I remember trading occasionally, but never battling because of the very broken mechanics.
    I have my Gameboy, but sadly the link cable was lost long ago...
    What I think of this place:
        Spoiler:- It's troo:

I did, but not at first. I had a link cable and everything, but I was so young that I didn't even know that you could connect with other games. I finally found out and I battled my neighbor. I lost the battle, but it was fun to battle someone real instead of just the computer. I also traded some Pokemon in order to fill my Pokedex.

I did trade but not very often. In high school, a couple of my friends and I started to play again, and we would battle against each other. None of us really liked the third generation games (plus, I didn't even have a GBA) and the fourth generation games weren't out yet, so we had RBY and GSC battles, but mostly RBY. I remember a few times when we played during lunch at school and some people were making fun of us, but once they stopped to do so, they would watch our battles until it was time to go to class again. Good times.
    Quote Originally Posted by card986 View Post
    of course i can use google. its taught me more then school.

I remember trading a bit in Gen 1. I also remember battling this kid down the street all the time. I had a high level Venusaur, but his Nidoqueen would always beat me.
    I'm currently playing through Pokemon Blue Version. I'll hopefully be buying White 2 pretty soon.
    Feel free to send me a PM sometime

Actually, yes, I traded back and forth to get all three starters in one game... Then for all three Gen 1 starters in Gen 2.

Never traded with others in GenI, but I did do a trade here and there. Nothing major though. GenII is where I became heavily involved with the non-NPC interaction
    Game: Soul Silver
    Name: Agent X
    FC: 3955-1298-0022

Fire Red Team (0 badges):

Emerald Team (3 badges):

Soul Silver Team (16 badges):

I did trade between my own versions of Red, Yellow, Silver, and Crystal, but almost never with others.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I traded a Seel and a Kadabra from my Crystal to Yellow. I only had a few badges on Yellow at the time.

Dewgong and Alakazam became my starters.

Yup! I battled and traded all the time with my nephews and my friends around in the neighborhood! I even remember having a friend help me trade ALL of my Pokemon to my Gold Version so I could restart yellow. Then...I found out that my PIKACHU WAS SHINY when I traded it to Gold!

"Small but Brave! Keldeo the Hero!!"

3DS FC- 4141-3093-5467

FS- Flying Safari- Hawlucha,Woobat,Spearow

Please add me to your Friend Roster!

I traded between myself. I think I battled my friend one time.
    PSN: DCCBruceWayneSAS
    3DS Friend Code: 5129-0459-2616

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast