Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What Do You Think Of Tobias?

Hybrid View

Default What Do You Think Of Tobias?

I just recently watched the episode where Ash battles Tobias at the end of the Sinnoh League, and I really liked it. If you don't know, Tobias is the trainer with Darkrai and Latios.
    What do you think of Tobias? Do you like that he had legendary pokemon? What do you think his other 4 pokemon were that he didn't use in battle?
    Would you like to see him return?

Personally I thought it was really cool that he had legendary pokemon. Normally when legendaries make an appearance in the anime, you don't really get to see them in action like they are in this battle. And I would love to see him return for another episode. I actually wish they would've had him battle Cynthia. That would've been an epic battle.

Despite what everyone says, I liked his inclusion.

Ash defeated two previously undefeated legendary Pokémon which speaks a lot about how far he has come as a trainer.

....and now, her story begins.

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    Despite what everyone says, I liked his inclusion.

Ash defeated two previously undefeated legendary Pokémon which speaks a lot about how far he has come as a trainer.

That, plus I just liked the fact that someone actually used legendary pokemon in the league.
    Fact: All fanbases are unpleasable, deal with it.

Pokemon Red Team: Corona LV.53 Garland LV.44 Salt LV.47 Rime LV.48 Blitz LV.55 Buckle LV. 46 Badges: 8, Elite Four defeated.

Pokemon Crystal Team: Flower LV.62 Torrent LV.61 Echo LV.58 Shade LV. 57 Vortex LV.60 Brand LV. 60Badges: 16, Elite Four defeated, Red defeated

Ranked 5,823rd place in the VGC 2011 Autumn Friendly Tourney

He wasn't a character. Literally only a plot device.

I like to think he was a phantom that Darkrai created using its psychic powers.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    He wasn't a character. Literally only a plot device.
    This
        Spoiler:

ya ash defeating him made ash imo the 2nd strongest trainer in the league. i wish we couldve got to see more of tobias pokemon tho.

I liked his inclusion too, heck the only reason I started watching the anime was because Darkrai was in it.

I would be interested if he appeared again.

Name: Specter
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

My signature is so empty now.

He's a badass, nothing more than that.

The fact that he uses legendaries doesn't make him a noob, it makes him a boss because unlike any other trainer in the anime, he actually had the skills to catch Latios and Darkrai, who Ash could only befriend.

I know a lot of people hate him, personally I thought he was fine. I don't mind the occasional "perfect" character as long as they're used effectively.

I do wish we could've seen a side story where he battles Cynthia though...

I thought he was a nice touch to the anime
    Maybe he should come back, but I hope his full team is not ALL legendaries.

Fc: 3695-0172-1881

Spoiler:- Credits:

I liked him. I know some people on here HATE the guy but I thought he was mysterious, his Pokemon were cool, he was cool and he was shown to be an incredibly powerful opponent who showed that he had huge respect for Ash after their battle ended. I know people didn't like how badly he beat Ash but Ash was going to lose anyway and this was a different way of kicking Ash out of the League.

He wasn't an all bad of a character, it was just the thought that he was obviously going to be Ash's stopping point in the league, landing in the Top 4. Due to how Tobias was claimed to be unstoppable, and nobody, not even the gym leaders, could take down Darkrai.

Overal, he's okay, but not my favorite. I give him credit for controlling a legendary, and capturing it with a poke ball.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

As a character, he wasn't really developed or focused on enough for me to say anything. He was pretty much a character-as-device, which actually isn't that bad if it's handled well- and I though it was. Ash's battle against him did a great job of showing both how far the kid has come and how much further he still has to go.

98% of the teenage population has died smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
    Good old natural selection...

He was plot device and nothing more. Granted his character design's friggin cool and Ash defeating two legendaries says something good about him then, he may as well wear a T-shirt saying "I'm am here to defeat Ash in the League and absolutely nothing else." Honestly, the idea of League Rivals isn't a bad one but it's certainly flawed in terms of telling a story. Tobias isn't bad but could've been so much more as a character. I mean, at least with the last League Rivals, we got to know them but Tobias, we don't.
    Last edited by matt0044; 26th September 2012 at 12:09 PM.

You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

The best god damn character around.
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

If only he wasn't just here to have Ash loose, people might like him more. I liked how the guy looked and his Pokemon, the battle between Ash and him was fun though.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

I don't hate him. I don't understand why people dislike him. I think it's good they added him. Ash defeated Latios and Darkrai, and that's something.

He should make a return appearance cause i'd like to know what his other 4 pokemon are. (my sis thinks he is handsome)

Awesome character and i wish he would reappear. I don't care if his purpose was to make Ash lose the Sinnoh League. I just find him awesome cause of that Darkrai, and Latios, and his 4 other Legends (or Dunsparces) !

Quote Originally Posted by Bisharp View Post
    Awesome character and i wish he would reappear. I don't care if his purpose was to make Ash lose the Sinnoh League. I just find him awesome cause of that Darkrai, and Latios, and his 4 other Legends (or Dunsparces) !
    I can see him coming back again in the finale league, him and Ash having another battle with Ash winning.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

I dont like him much, the fact that he uses Darkrai annoys me because it doesnt take any skill to make Darkrai strong... And Darkrai is all Tobias used up until Ash defeated it.
    My Pokemon White FC: 4728-4965-2910
    My Pokemon White 2 FC: 4513-8303-2953

That was an epic battle. He should return in the anime. I would love to see the rest of his team, could they all be legendary O_O

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote_Dynamo View Post
    That was an epic battle. He should return in the anime. I would love to see the rest of his team, could they all be legendary O_O
    I agree. But I don't think they will show any past league plot devices again. They did that with Richie and I hated it.

My ideal battle ever!

One flashback could have done it, and the battle should have been two episodes to allow for some backstory. I liked his design, his attitude and his legendaries... but a bit more information wouldn't have gone amiss.

I find him cool for having Darkrai. But on other side, it's embarassing he had to lose w/ it.

X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037
    The Trinity League Poison Apprentice Master League Shadow Stars League Poison Leader
    PokeGyms Fairy Leader

Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by thetifftiff
    Amount of real life time doesn't mean much when it comes to shiny hunting though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast