Thread: 3DS Trade in Rates

Default 3DS Trade in Rates

I have a used but in really good condition DSi XL. I'm looking to trade it in at GameStop for a 3DS tomorrow when I get my copy of Pokemon White 2, but I only want to trade it in if I'm going to get a good deal. I read somewhere that I could get $100 for it however those articles were posted near the release of the 3DS and I doubt those deals are still up. Could someone tell me how much I could expect to get from my system trade in?
    Within my lifetime, I've done a lot of walking. I started my journey walking on a little path called Route 1. Little did I know that walking down that route would lead me onwards to a road that went by the name of Victory. Just west of Victory Road, I walked up an entire mountain where atop stood a silent trainer who was one of the mightiest I had ever faced. I've walked, through sandstorms, across the hard desert of Hoenn. I've walked through pelting hail, across the snow covered terrains of Sinnoh. And now as I look back on all my travels I find myself walking across the Skyarrow Bridge of Unova. It took a lot of walking through tall grass patches to get where I am today...But it was worth the walk.

I believe that price was only for the first few months the system was out. Now, you'll probably get the normal trade in value. When I went to trade in my DSi that offered me $30. Safe to say that your system won't break $45 unless your local store is doing a special deal something.

Actually your system could run for $100 if you trade it in at Bestbuy.
    Last edited by Jb; 7th October 2012 at 5:29 AM.

Thank you for the reply! I think I am going to trade it in.
    Within my lifetime, I've done a lot of walking. I started my journey walking on a little path called Route 1. Little did I know that walking down that route would lead me onwards to a road that went by the name of Victory. Just west of Victory Road, I walked up an entire mountain where atop stood a silent trainer who was one of the mightiest I had ever faced. I've walked, through sandstorms, across the hard desert of Hoenn. I've walked through pelting hail, across the snow covered terrains of Sinnoh. And now as I look back on all my travels I find myself walking across the Skyarrow Bridge of Unova. It took a lot of walking through tall grass patches to get where I am today...But it was worth the walk.

Eh...I've actually heard good about Nyko's battery pack. Do keep in mind though, you won't be able to use the Circle Pad Pro with it. That said, if you choose to skip on the battery pack, I suggest buying the XL first, transferring the data from you old 3DS, then sell it.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Eh...I've actually heard good about Nyko's battery pack. Do keep in mind though, you won't be able to use the Circle Pad Pro with it. That said, if you choose to skip on the battery pack, I suggest buying the XL first, transferring the data from you old 3DS, then sell it.
    There's actually this combo Battery pack/CPP that Nyko released a while back. It's $30, but it's worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    There's actually this combo Battery pack/CPP that Nyko released a while back. It's $30, but it's worth it.
    Got an image of it so you can possibly save Zoruaruler a couple bucks?

Ooh, wow! Plus it comes with a free Circle Pad Pro. Might make it a bit odd playing the odd game but $30 for triple the battery life? Looks like it's worth the price. Still looks like a pain getting at the switch for the wireless off though but it won't matter that much with that much battery life.

Para, I don't have any idea what you're talking about could you explain it more in depth? Haha and either way I think you misunderstood me. I'm trading in my XL for a new 3DS not the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoruaruler View Post
    Para, I don't have any idea what you're talking about could you explain it more in depth? Haha and either way I think you misunderstood me. I'm trading in my XL for a new 3DS not the other way around.
    Oops, misread it. I thought you were trading in your 3DS for a 3DS XL. Heh heh, we all make mistakes.

No haha and thanks for trying The reason I'm getting rid of my XL is because I don't like the bulkiness and that I really can't carry it anywhere without my leg going numb, so I'm going smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoruaruler View Post
    No haha and thanks for trying The reason I'm getting rid of my XL is because I don't like the bulkiness and that I really can't carry it anywhere without my leg going numb, so I'm going smaller.
    Ah okay. Still warning you about the low battery life.

Thanks I'll look into the battery you were suggesting earlier.